• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fire Emblem: Crusade

Fire Emblem: Crusade

"Good idea!", you shouted. "I'll take care of these red liquids, go take it down!"

Marsel nodded from afar, and ran off toward the glowing gem, located within the strange marble construct. Although his running speed remained the same, the tendrils for red fluid seem to have gone faster and focus on catching him instead of you. The closer he got to the construct, the faster those tendrils moved, and the more they increased.

With this in sight, you assumed that these strange moving liquids are protecting the gem, which can only mean that it is of some mysterious purpose - and the only thing that came up to your mind is that it is the object responsible for creating those Revenants.

You decided to act. If those tendrils are protecting that gem, then the only way to get their attention was to pose as a threat to the gem. So, you ran towards it, like Marsel, however, you had your sword raised, and firm in a throwing position.

As expected, the fluid tendrils began to switch their attention to you, one by one. But since you and Marsel were technically racing towards the glowing gem, the tendrils swapped targets every now and then, causing them great delay in catching up to both of you. Until Marsel inevitably showed signs of exhaustion - his running speed has decreased, allowing the tendrils to catch up to his pace.

Marsel, knowing that he would soon reach his limits, passed the burden on to you. "Take it down!", he said, as he raised his lance just like you did, and instead of rushing towards the gem, he began to position himself into a presumably better angle to throw his lance to the construct. This, in turn, had caused most of the tendrils to focus and rush towards him.Of course, with the growing number of tendrils, that did not seem to matter at all, since you still had a lot chasing you.

So, you ran faster, and rushed to the construct, whilst Marsel stood and prepared to launch his lance, gaining more and more incoming liquid tendrils.

The moment he started to move his arm forward and swing his lance, the tendrils moved faster toward him. Some of the tendrils after you began to prioritize him as well. And within a few seconds, he was within a inch to be reached by those tendrils.

Fortunately, on the final second, as Marsel had almost thrown his lance, and the tendrils had almost struck him down,
you lodged the edge of your sword onto the construct and forcefully removed the gem from its firm socket within the strange marble construct.

As it fell to the ground, the tendrils disappeared into thin air, and the sound of the gem hitting the floor caused Marsel to cease his lance-throwing action, just right before it flew into the air. And with loud sighs, the both of you finally caused an end to the nonsensical events you had gone through.

"Finally.", Marsel said in a relieved voice.

"Thank the gods.", you said.

You, then, grabbed the dropped gem, and noticed that it glowed in a strange fashion, in the colors of a raging flame. It was as if the small gem had fire burning inside it, and the warm feeling it had only increased your curiosity. And as if that was not enough, the gem was not in a regular form, rather, it seemed to be deformed, and incomplete.

As if it was part of something much greater.

Then a strange, yet seemingly appropriate thought crossed your mind. Could this be what you are looking for? Is it a fragment of the conceited Fire Emblem?

The shape of the gem makes you think that it is possible. The warmth it had and the glow similar to a raging flame only furthered this inclination.

Then, Marsel spoke.

"I know what you're thinking, and the answer is yes.", he said. "That is, indeed, a piece of the legendary Fire Emblem."

You clenched your fist, and tightened your grip on the gem. "How do I know you're speaking of the truth?"

"I am from Grawen.", Marsel answered. "I've seen something like that. Even the very king described its details to the entire kingdom himself. The glow of a raging fire, the warmth, and the fearsome amount of power each piece holds, let alone the complete Fire Emblem."

"I see.", you said, as you placed your free hand on your sword. "Then I'll be taking this."

"I cannot let you do that.", he said.

"Why so?", you reply. "Because your king demands it? Well, so does the Emperor."

"No.", Marsel replied. "Because it is a danger to all, regardless of who obtains it. I may be from Grawen, but I am not searching for those so I can hand them over to the king."

You placed a curious gaze upon hearing these words.

"I do it so that I can destroy them. I do it so this war ends, and nothing worse comes after it.", he continued.

"I'm not convinced.", you answered. "A trained soldier, searching for the pieces of the Fire Emblem, and yet he does not work for his king, nor his country? That can easily be told by a pretentious bard at a lowly tavern!"

"I may not work for my king, but I am doing this for my country.", he replied. "The thirst for power had only led to great perils. I believe you already know this."

"True.", you said. "Wars are nothing but consequences of the greed of the nobles."

"Then please, hand it over.", he said. "You've seen its power. You've fought the horrors it could bring. Imagine if it was no more."

[1] Keep the fragment.
[2] Give the fragment.

"Well, Marsel.", you said. "I am not going to do that. I have been given a task, and I intend to finish it. Sucessfully."

Marsel sighed, and tightened his grip on his spear. "Then I guess I will have to take it by force.", he said, as he raised his spear and pointed its edge towards you.

You placed the fragment in your pocket, then you lifted your sword, just like Marsel did. "You will not be able to do that.", you said.

Silence lingered for a few minutes, then within the blink of an eye, the two of you charged onward to a clash of steel.

How will you fight Marsel?
[1] Offensively.
[2] Defensively.
[3] Write-in.

"Well, Marsel.", you said. "I am not going to do that. I have been given a task, and I intend to finish it. Sucessfully."

Marsel sighed, and tightened his grip on his spear. "Then I guess I will have to take it by force.", he said, as he raised his spear and pointed its edge towards you.

You placed the fragment in your pocket, then you lifted your sword, just like Marsel did. "You will not be able to do that.", you said.

Silence lingered for a few minutes, then within the blink of an eye, the two of you charged onward to a clash of steel.

How will you fight Marsel?
[1] Offensively.
[2] Defensively.
[3] Write-in.

Deciding that it would be best if the match was finished quickly, you chose to approach the battle offensively.

The very moment that the edge of your sword clashed with the tip of Marsel's lance, you immediately swerved to the side and rushed towards him, dragging your blade across the lance's length as he you ferociously stared at him in the eye.

After seeing this, Marsel backed off, and withdrew his spear to defend himself. This was no mock battle. This was a real fight. That was what he deducted from that fearsome glare you gave him.

Within a few seconds, you reach him, and swing your sword's blade downward towards him, with Marsel reacting by a swift maneuver of his lance, blocking your attack luckily. He tightened his grip afterward, unfortunately, you had no plan on giving him a chance to retaliate.

Thus, you pushed your sword down on him, causing him to focus his attention on making sure that he is not overwhelmed by the force. And as he did, you grabbed onto his lance and started to drag it away from him. Within a conflict of moving force, Marsel decided to let go of his weapon. But he is not a mere helpless lad - after letting go of his weapon, he immediately ducked and rolled sideways, dodging the consequent strike that your sword was prepped to do.

You threw the lance opposite to Marsel's location, and turned to face him. "You're not good at this."

"Surprisingly, yes.", he said, as he clenched his fists and planted his feet firmly to the ground.

"And you are from Grawen.", you said, as you began to take steps toward his direction.

"Well, not all Grawenians make great fighters.", he replied, as he slowly stood. "Some are just more suited for the task."

You charged towards him, and he stomped his left foot on the ground and charged towards you as well. You would have collided with each other once more, and you would have struck him down, but in the midst of the charging, he got down and slid toward you instead, kicking your foot and causing you to slip and fall to the ground as he passed you and rushed for his lance.

You took haste in getting back up, but by that time, he had already reacquired his spear, and was running straight to you. You, of course, knowing that he would strike you without hesitation, did a quick step to the side and swung your sword towards him, ending up with another clash of steel. You strike blocked his, and his blocked yours. You pushed him forward, and he pushed back. Both your strengths were somewhat of a match, causing a stalemate.

"That's a good trick you pulled there.", you said, as you continued to push forward.

"Sometimes, improvisation is a necessity.", he answered and pushed you back as well.

Knowing that this stalemate will only use up both of your stamina, the two of you decided to back off for a short while. You hopped backwards, as he did. Both of you had intimidating gazes locked onto each other, waiting for the first one who would inevitably rush to the other.

And since you were on the offensive, you were that one.

You stomped the ground, then charged towards Marsel, as he raised his lance in anticipation of your actions. Should you continue to run, he will have the upper hand, due to the reach of his weapon. Before you could even reach him, he would have pierced your flesh. Of course, you did the unexpected.

You did just like he did, only with some alterations - you knelt to the ground with both knees, and since it was a marble floor, it was easy to slide forward with all the momentum you've built up from running towards Marsel. This surprise caught him off-guard, allowing you to land a strike on his lower torso, particularly on the western area of his waist.

He stepped back and groaned in pain, and you ceased sliding and then stood with a fair distance between the two of you. You raised your sword and pointed it at him, with blood staining a small area of its edge. Marsel chuckled and held back his spear.

"Fancy trick.", he said.

"Adapting in battle is a soldier's asset.", you answered.

Marsel then, raised his spear and supported it by placing half the handle on his shoulder, with the sharp tip pointed towards you. His free hand was clenched into a fist and prepped to punch. "It is time to do just that, then.", he replied.

Once again, the two of you charged towards each other. As you attempt to land a strike once more, Marsel planted his forwarded foot to the ground and did a short hop by propelling himself using the foot. This was unexpected, and had him land a hit near your left shoulder, piercing it with his lance, and causing you to shout in pain. His fist was in the air and ready to follow up the successful attack with a punch, but you used your sword hand to slam the blunt side of the sword to deflect this attack, and bruising his free arm heavily.

You, then, proceeded to take a risky opportunity in the current situation, as the edge of the lance remained lodged near your shoulder - you swung your blade downward and cut the flesh from the shoulder of his near arm, causing him to scream in pain and remove the lance as he took a number of steps away from you.

You covered the new wound you obtained, so did he. Both of your free arms were damaged, but his had greater one. And as expected, both of you glared at each other ferociously.

"We should not drag this longer.", Marsel said, raising his spear and supporting it with his shoulder once more.

You did a quick spin of your sword using your wielding hand. "I can agree to that."

Within the blink of an eye, the two of you charged once more, and steel clashed yet again. However, instead of landing a strike to him, you swung your sword upward into the direction of his lance. The force was powerful enough to cause his grip to loosen and end up disarming him again, with his lance flying off to the distance, and landing somewhere in the room not far from his location. You, without hesitation, immediately raised your sword and pointed it to his neck, with the tip barely touching his skin.

"This fight is over.", you say confidently.

Marsel smirked, and replied. "Then end it."

[1] Kill him.
[2] Incapacitate him.

Last edited:

You struck his head with the pommel of your sword,
knocking him down and leaving him unconscious. You, then, left the chamber, exiting through the only way out - the very same tunnel the two of you have come in.

Once you have reached the end of the tunnel, you are welcomed by a relieving sight - the Revenants have all been vanquished, and are no longer able to reconstruct their selves. Your troop, along with the few remaining Grawenian soldiers awaited at the middle of the area. You head on over to them.

As you arrive, the Grawenians immediately looked at you with suspicion. One of them even asked where Marsel was.
You replied with a firm answer. "He asked me to leave alone, and so I did."

The Grawenian soldiers left you and your troop, as they began to scour the area, searching for him. You close in on your troop and mouth the words - let us leave. They nodded silently, and the four of you sneaked past the attention of the soldiers, and hurriedly left the cave.

It did not take you and your troop long enough to get back to the forest, just before the mouth of the cave. There, you find Osron standing near Luseyl, who had her arms and feet tied down by a rope. You, Osron, and the rest of the troop greet each other with warm welcomes as you have all finally reunited. You take a look at Luseyl, who seemed to be struggling to break free from her binds and is frustrated. Very frustrated.

You turn to Osron. "She tried to escape?"

Osron nodded. And you patted him on the shoulder. "Well done."

You head off, and said, "Let's go. We have what we came for, and we don't need to stay here any longer."

Your troop enthusiastically replied with a resounding, "Yes, captain!"

The journey back to your camp did not take long, after all, you had your flying mounts. But the time you had spent in the cave was unexpectedly lengthy, making it nighttime when you arrived to your camp. Deciding that it would be best to discuss matters on the next day, you and your troops gathered around a newly lit campfire and celebrated your victory against the Revenants.

Please assign support pairings for the night.

How to Assign Supports

You select a character to pair with another character. And post your votes.

For example:

[character a] with [character c]
[character b] with [character d]

Take note that some characters are not compatible with other characters for support conversations, and there may be instances of support convos that include more than two characters. You will be notified when such things are to occur, for now, there is no need to worry about those.

You can find more info on supports here.

BGM

The campfire was lit up, and the troop, along with Nyle, was all gathered around it sitting on logs and improvised chairs. It did not take much long for the short occasion to end. Soon enough the campfire was left alone, but still with a fire, only to fight off the night's chilly winds. The mess were all cleaned up, and everyone prepared to take their well-earned rests.

Nyle and Orson
Nyle decided to take a stroll in the woods, but maintaining a certain distance between the camp and where he tread. During this calm walk, he noticed a familiar figure deep in the forest - Osron.

He was holding a stick and repeatedly striking a tree with it. Intrigued by this, Nyle headed towards his direction.

"Still doing that old practice routine?", Nyle said, emerging from the shadows of the forest.

"Old habits die hard.", Osron said, as he glanced once towards Nyle, then continued to smack the tree with the stick.

"You're not going to break the bark in that manner.", Nyle told him.

"Show me the right way, captain.", Osron replied mockingly.

Nyle chuckled, and grabbed a stick. "You bet I will."

He struck the tree's trunk, and the bark did not even obtain a scratch.

"Not so easy now, huh, captain?", Osron said, as the two of them laughed.

"How about this, then?", Nyle said. "Let's see who'll break the tree's bark first."

"10 coins if I win.", Osron agreed.

"You got it.", Nyle answered.

The two, then, proceeded to strike the tree with their hand-held sticks.

Klara and Ferna
Klara was in the middle of fixing the contents of her tent, and preparing for a good night's rest, until she heard a familiar voice call her name.

"M-miss Klara.", Ferna said, entering the tent, but remaining only at the entrance.

"Yes, Ferna?", Klara answered.

"I need your help.", she replied.

"Is it about the captain again?", Klara asked.

"N-no.", Ferna said, flustered by her words. "It's not t-that!"

"Then what is it.", Klara asked once more.

"Atelan is not like himself. I think he's sick, and you're the best around here when it comes to mounts.", Ferna said.

"Alright. I'll see what's going on, just let me finish up.", Klara said.

"T-thank you Miss Klara!", Ferna said, as she exited the tent.

"And no more formalities, just call me Klara. We're teammates, after all.", Klara added.

"Yes, mi-err, Klara!", Ferna continued.

Nyle and Osron attained Support Level D.

Last edited:

The following morning, you gathered your troop in the middle of the camp. There, you revealed the gem you retrieved from the hidden chamber, along with the story behind such. Your troop listened to you attentively, which even raised some questions.

"Did you kill the Marsel-guy, captain?", Klara asked.

You shook your head. "He has a number of soldiers behind him, he may be some military official from Grawen. And as far as my memory serves, Grawenians have a knack for avenging their kin. I simply knocked him unconscious."

Klara gave off a sigh of relief. "Glad you still remember that incident, captain."

"Don't remind me about it.", you answered immediately.

Sezer, who had his eyes on the gem since the moment you showed it to them. It seems that he was strangely interested in it. Osron was contemplating about it, as you can obviously see it in his expression. Ferna was simply in awe and surprise that you had retrieved a piece of the Fire Emblem. You, as well, stared at it for a short moment.

The gem, in all its mystery, still had the glow and warmth of a living flame. However, your hand did not burn, despite holding it for so long.

Sezer finally spoke. "Shouldn't we hand this over to the Emperor?"

"But we are not sure if it is truly a piece of the Fire Emblem.", Osron intervened. "It may very well be just another magic stone."

"Then we shall confirm it.", you said. "We shall seek the counsel of Sir Erstin."

"The Erstin?", Sezer asked.

"Yes. Sir Erstin Malech, renowned historian.", you replied.

"Then we make way for Orfose?", Osron said.

"Yes, we shall.", you answered. "Pack up you things and get ready to depart. We shall take flight soon."

"Captain.", Klara called your attention.

"What is it?", you said.

"Ferna has something to say.", she said, as she tapped Ferna's shoulder. "Go on, speak it out."

"U-uh, captain.", Ferna spoke. "Atelan has fell ill. H-he needs medical attention."

"Hmm.", you said. "Getting Atelan treated would require us to head to Thralfield."

[1] Head to Orfose, and meet with Sir Erstin.
[2] Head to Thralfield, and get Atelan treated.
[3] Write-in.

"Alright, Ferna.", you said. "We shall head to Thralfield. Meeting with Sir Erstin can wait."

"Captain, we can't force Atelan to fly.", Klara said.

"Then we shall walk with our mounts.", you answered. "Now, ready up. We will be leaving soon."

The troop answered with a resounding yes, and dispersed to do just what you had ordered. Ferna came to you, just before you could prepare.

"T-thank you, c-captain.", she said.

"No need to thank me.", you replied. "Our mounts are like our own kin, they are part of the team as much as I am."

The preparations did not take a while. The camp was soon cleared, and the necessities were all packed up, which were carried by the mounts. The wyverns and the pegasi were all on a close-knit leash that Sezer firmly held. The ropes were done in a manner that the rest of the mounts would support Atelan as they travel.

As usual, Osron was at the back, acting as a rear guard. Sezer was in the middle with the mounts. Klara and Ferna were close to them, ready for any emergencies and to enact immediate aid to the sickly pegasus if needed. You, as expected, was at the front, leading them to the destination.

"Everyone ready?", you asked.

"Yes, captain!", they all soundly replied.

And off you all were, heading to Thralfield - home of the finest animal medicine.

Please assign support pairings for the journey.

BGM

The travel to Thralfield is going to take long, despite the troop departing their camp early in the morning. The forest barely has visible paths, most of which have been withered away through time. People can easily get lost here, luckily, Nyle carries with him both a map and a compass, which should eventually allow them to arrive at their destination. In the mean time, the idling silence as they walk has bothered some others.

Sezer and Klara
"Pst.", Sezer said. "Hey. Klara."

"What is it, Sezer.", Klara answered.

"What's up?", he asked.

"The sun.", she replied with sigh. "Now go on in silence."

"Oh, come on.", Sezer said frustratingly. "Are you still mad at me for that one time?"

"Extremely furious would be an understatement.", she replied.

"You're just saying that.", he said. "Deep down, you liked it."

"I'd kill you right here if you weren't my ally.", her eyes gave off a menacing gaze to his.

"But in saying that you won't kill me...", Sezer said with a devilish grin. "...you're indirectly telling me that you did like it!"

"Alright, that's it.", Klara said, as she assaulted Sezer with her bare hands. Of course, Sezer defended himself whilst avoiding harming her. They were like children fighting off a very simple problem. And their actions, as well as yelling can be easily heard by the entire group.

"Cease this nonsense!", Nyle shouted from the front, without even looking back at them.

The two immediately moved away from each other, but their eyes remained fixated to one another. Sezer had a tempting gaze, and Klara had this furious look. The two continued to throw insults at each other for about an hour, until they, for some apparent reason, decided to stop.

Osron and Ferna
Ferna was too deep in thought that she had slowed down, that she was already at the group's rear, with Osron by her side. The eldest of the group, Osron, noticed her, and immediately called her attention.

"You alright, kid?", he said.

"Oh. Err.", Ferna said, flustered by Osron's voice. "I-I'm fine."

"Doesn't seem like it.", he continued.

"W-well...", Klara whispered.

"I get it, kid.", Osron said. "You're worried for your mount. That's good. But you should still be aware of what you do. Don't get yourself to think too much, kid. That's only for the elderly."

"S-so you think a lot, Mister O-Osron?", Ferna asked jokingly.

Osron laughed. "There. That's better. Lighten up, things will be fine. We'll be in Thralfield soon enough."

Ferna laughed along with him for a short moment.

"And I'm not that old. I may think about a lot of stuff, but I'm not as old as a turtle.", Osron said.

Ferna softly chuckled. "Okay, Mister Osron."

"Drop the formalities, kid. We're comrades here. I may be four years older than you, but we're still of the same value to this team.", Osron said.

"Yes, mis-", Ferna answered. "Err, Osron!"

"Now go back over there.", he said. "It's probably not good leaving those two alone."

"O-okay. See you later Osron!", Ferna said as she headed to Klara's location.

"Later, kid.", Osron replied.

Osron and Ferna attained Support Level D.

After a while of tirelessly walking through a dense forest, the group has finally arrived at their destination - the city of Thralfield.

Otherwise known as the Flier's Nest, this city is renowned for its specialization on mounts, specifically those which fly - wyverns and pgasi. It is here that one can find the best form of services in such matters, be it having one's wyvern's claws trimmed, one's pegasus groomed, or even buying a new mount. Of course, the city also gives the ground-based mounts their well-deserved treatment. This makes the city of Thralfield a hub for all people with mounts and those who desire to obtain one.

Its location allows it to be accessed through land, air, and even sea, due to the nearby shore and the docks along it. People from all over the world visit this large city every now and then. However, due to the current conflict between the three nations, the Empire has decided to place some strict rules and guidelines which are to be followed in this city. Now, several guards patrol the city and its borders, and visitors are required to reveal their purpose in visiting Thralfield.

The group's entry to the city was welcomed by a large, overhead arc of stone and marble. The guards let them inquite easily, for their clothing bore the crest of Vanate. There, they could easily see the streets that were, as expected, packed with numerous people from various places and origins. Some were their fellow soldiers, some were simple citizens, and some came from faraway lands. After getting a few streets deep into the city, the troop halted in its tracks.

"Klara.", you called.

Hearing this, Klara rushed to your side. "Captain?"

"You are far better than me, when it comes to matter like this.", you said. "Lead the way."

"Yes, captain.", she nodded, then stepped forward. "Follow me. We'll be in a mount-specialized infirmary in no time!"

And so it did. The travel time was far shorter than your travel through the forest.

Klara had led you into a less populated area, in front a seemingly refined establishment.

The main building, which was as large as a common house, was built out of bricks and supported by iron and wood. Inside it was various decorative items such as paintings, flower vases, and tiny wooden sculptures. There was also a long bench inside, which faced a long desk. Inside there, a few people were gathered, but most had a small piece of red clothing strapped on their left arm. It can be easily deduced that those are the ones who run this place, and the rest are either visitors or their patrons.

Beside this, was a large, well-maintained stable. In a few stalls, various mounts were there, mostly horses and pegasi. The rest were empty, but had varying deisgns which housed different tools specifically made to cater the needs of these delicate animals.

Klara knocked on the door, which a number of the staff noticed. It did not take a while for someone to get out and approach you all. This person was a man, who had strangely-colored hair - a randomized combination of brown and white. He wore a simple brown tunic and regular trousers, and tough leather boot as well. He immediately headed to Klara with open arms, as if tackling her with a hug.

"Klara!", he said.

"Rumel.", Klara replied in a friendly tone and hugged him for a second, then they both part and step back. "I'll get straight ot the point."

"Oh, I love it when you go serious.", Rumel replied with a smile.

"Ferna's mount, Atelan, is unwell. We need him fixed up fast.", Klara said. "I'm sure you can do something about him."

"Of course. Anything for my best patron.", Rumel answered enthusiastically. "By the way, is this your troop?"

"Yes.", Klara said, as she began to introduce each one. "This is Captain Nyle, the one who leads us." Klara gestured to you.

"Well met.", you said. Rumel nodded.

"This is Ferna. You already know her.", Klara said as she tapped Ferna's shoulder.

"Hello, Ferna.", Rumel said.

"Hi Mister Rumel.", Ferma replied.

"You're mother is in Thralfield, by the way.", he continued. "She said she'll meet you at The Fourth Street."

"Okay.", Ferna said. "Thanks Mister Rumel."

"No problem, dear.", he replied with a smile.

Klara pointed to Sezer from afar. "That's Sezer. He's...not really much."

"What?!", Sezer yelled in surprise.

"Relax, Sezer.", Rumel said. "I'm sure you're something."

"And that is Osron.", she said, pointing to him at the rear.

Osron nodded from afar. And Rumel did the same.

"Well, that's all of us.", Klara said.

"Okay!", Rumel said. "It was nice meeting all of you. Now, I'll be going back to work. Klara, get 'Atelan' to the stables. I will tend to him shortly."

"Alright. See you there, Rumel.", Klara said. She, then turned around to face the rest of the troop. "I'll be staying here until Atelan gets patched up, so you guys can go ahead. I'll make sure to keep an eye to the other mounts as well, captain."

You nodded, and Klara left to the stables, bringing Atelan and the other mounts with her.

"Very well.", you addressed the rest. "I believe we all have things to do, so go ahead. We'll all meet here at noon."

They all responded loudly. "Yes captain!"

The troop has dispersed, with each individual on their own path.

Please decide each character's destination.

Nyle
[1] Head to city square.
[2] Head to a friend's house.
[3] Head to the nearest tavern.

Osron
[1] Head to the stationed barracks.
[2] Head to the nearest tavern.
[3] Head to the nearest park.

Sezer
[1] Head to the nearest tavern.
[2] Head to the stables, where Klara is.
[3] Head to a friend's house.

Do tell me if you want me to see what happens to the other characers, or just those which involve Nyle, since he is technically the avatar.

BGM

With each member of the troop having their own agenda to attend to, they all went off and headed to wherever it is that they must go. Some went far from their mounts' infirmary, some were merely a few streets away. In this city, Thralfield, the group of allied soldiers and close friends were ways apart from each other.

Nyle
The captain, Nyle, headed towards the city square, which was unsurprisingly filled with people just like most of the city's various areas. At the middle of the square was a large fountain, with a sculpture of an eagle in mid-flight as its centerpiece, being bathed by the water that burst out from its opened beak and flowed down to the base of the structure. He went just before the said fountain.

There, a formally-attired woman waited for him. She had her scarlet hair done in a braid that narrowed down to the end. She wore a black tunic, beneath a reddish-brown cloak, sleek trousers and dark, leather boots. A small metal crest of Vanate was pinned onto her cloak, just like Nyle has his pinned on his tunic. She eyed Nyle with mysterious interest and great familiarity.

"You're late.", she addressed him. "Three days late, in fact."

"I never agreed to this meeting, Serena.", Nyle answered with a sigh.

"And yet here you are.", she said.

"I'm only here for the health of my troop's mounts.", Nyle replied.

"Is that truly the only reason why you're here?", she said in a teasing tone.

"Enough.", he said. "Why did you ask to meet me here?"

Serena smirked. "It is rather simple. I need your help."

"No, you don't", Nyle immediately responded. "You've risen to the rank of a Marshall. Just order around some other fool to do your nonsense."

"That's where your wrong, Nyle.", she answered. "I need your help. This is a personal matter."

"Hm.", Nyle said.

"If you do this for me, I'll owe you a favor.", she added.

"I'm listening.", he replied in a lighter tone.

Serena took something out of her pocket - a small, sealed envelope. She showed it to Nyle, who in turn, looked at it and at her with curiosity.

"I need you to deliver this.", she said.

"Where?", he answered.

"To a person named Selio.", she replied.

"Where.", he asked again.

"He is at Ramoor.", she continued. "I do not know when he will leave that isle."

"I'll think about it.", Nyle said.

Serena's look turned serious. "Nyle.", she said. "Today is my last day here, in Thralfield. I return to the capital tomorrow. I need an answer now."

Osron
Osron, the eldest of the troop, headed to a nearby tavern, named The Rainy Wing. It was a refined establishment, one where the financially adept come to spend a decent portion of their pay, just to drink some sophisticated beverages whilst listening to a relaxing music, played by various performers.

He entered the said establishment, and immediately headed to the bar. The area was large, and compared to most taverns, was spacier due to the lack of people. He sat down on a stool, as the barkeep greeted him with a respectful gesture. He placed three golden coins on the desk, and addressed the barkeep. "I'll have a glass of Black Marcus."

The barkeep took the coins, and responded. "Coming right away, sir." He, then, left to get a glass. Soon enough the barkeep was back, bringing Osron a glass of filled with dark, yellow fluid.

"Thanks.", Osron replied.

"'Tis my pleasure, sir.", the barkeep replied and left to attend to the other patrons.

Osron raised the glass slightly, then breathed deeply. "To Vanate.", he muttered under his breath. Then, he took a sip of the beverage called 'Black Marcus'. He gave off a sigh of relief and pleasure after doing so.

Ferna
The youngest of the troop, Ferna, headed to The Fourth Street - a small inn where people could gather and eat. However, this time of the day, it had just opened, so the amount of people there can be easily counted by hand. The establishment itself was hidden at the end of a non-populated street, but the quality of its food made people look for it. Granted, the place is not as fancy as the other inns, but the warm ambiance and the friendly service were enough.

At a table, just a few seats away from the windows and the doors, seated Ferna's mother - Verna. She wore a plain white tunic, and a brown vest atop it. She had black trousers and leather boots. Strapped on her belt was a small scabbard, safely holding a knife. Her hair was tied near the end, making the rest fall down from her nape until it reaches the level of her shoulders.

On her table were a small plate with a half-eaten cake, and a medium-sized cup of tea. She ate here often, for the food truly were delicious, and the service of their staff were better than most.

Ferna went and sat on the same table, greeting her as she did so. "Hello, mother."

"Ferna!", she said, with a surprised look in her eyes. She dropped the fork and rested it on the plate. "I did not know you were coming! You should have told me."

"I was on a mission, mother.", Ferna said.

"Ah, yes.", she answered. "I almost forgot about that. Speaking of missions, how did yours go?"

"I don't know if I should tell you, mother.", Ferna replied.

"Oh, don't worry dear.", she said. "I'll keep it between the two of us."

"O-okay.", Ferna said. "We got a piece of the Fire Emblem."

"That great!", her mother smiled. "Did you give it to the Emperor?"

"Not yet.", Ferna replied. "We're still not sure if it is real, and not a fake. So we're going to have Sir Erstin take a look at it."

"I see.", she said.

"What about you mother?", Ferna asked. "What are you doing here in Thralfield?"

"Well, I was going to have Myrilus taken in by Rumel for a few days, but I've changed my mind.", she replied. "That horse is still looking for excitement, and staying home all day has gotten rather dull for me."

"What are you saying, mother?", Ferna was confused.

"I've decided to join your troop.", her mother said with a firm voice.

"But I'm not the leader of our troop.", Ferna answered. "Besides, who's going to tend to the house?"

"Don't worry about that, Ferna.", her mother replied confidently. "I've got enough people in my debt, I can easily task a few of them to watch over the house while I'm gone."

"S-still...", Ferna insisted.

"I've made up my mind, Ferna.", her mother insisted. "Now, bring me to your leader so I can convince them to let me join you."

Ferna sighed. "Okay, mother."

Verna placed a fair number of coins on the table, then the two of them stood, and exited The Fourth Street. Together, the mother and daughter headed back to the mounts' infirmary, where they are all supposed to regroup once it is noon.

What should Nyle do?
[1] Accept Serena's request.
[2] Decline Serena's request.

BGM

It was only a while until noon. Several people had left to take their afternoon breaks, and a few stalls and establishments had closed down. The group will be reunited soon, since most of them were finished with their own agendas.

Nyle
After a short moment of deep thought, Nyle had decided to accept an old friend's request. "I'll do it.", he replied with a downed tone. It seems that he has gotten another goal in his endlessly growing pile of tasks.

"Great.", Serena replied, handing over the small envelope to him.

Nyle took the envelope, and placed it in the depths of his pocket. "But I won't assure you that it will be done.", he added. "I'm not even heading for Ramoor, after all."

Serena patted him on the shoulder gently. "Don't worry.", she said, as a smirk subtly grew on her face. "I'm sure you'll find a way."

"That doesn't sound good to me.", Nyle replied.

"It does to me.", she answered, as she left the scene.

Nyle sighed, and looked up to the sky. Upon seeing that the sun was already striking down its intolerable heat onto the earth, he left as well, and headed back to the agreed meeting place.

Sezer and Klara
With Atelan sent to his assigned stable, and the rest of the mounts leashed onto a designated pillar, Klara headed onto a nearby bench and waited silently and calmly for Rumel.

Sezer, curious about the two, went to the same bench where Klara was seated. As he sat down, Klara gave him a rather intimidating look. It seems that she has not forgiven him, nor forgotten about the thing.

With an annoyed tone, she addressed him. "What are you doing here?"

"So what's the deal with you and that guy?", he asked, ignoring Klara's words.

"What do you mean?", she asked.

Sezer huffed, then smirked. "Oh, you know what I mean."

Klara's expression turned from confused to flustered, and finally into a frustrated look. "No!", she shouted at him.
"Absolutely not! Rumel is years older than me! We're just acquaintances."

Sezer gave off a silent sigh of relief.

"Besides, I prefer guys of my age.", she continued.

Sezer cleared his throat. "That means I have a chance, then?"

Klara slapped him on the shoulder, but Sezer shrugged it off with a laugh. "No way. Not even if fate demands it."

Sezer stood, took a step forward, and glanced back at her. "Eh.", he said. "I'll push my luck." Sezer, then threw towards Klara a single rose he had picked off somewhere along the road, then left to reunite with the captain and the rest.

Klara caught it, and smelled its fragrant petals. "Not bad.", she mumbled.

Sezer and Klara attained Support Level D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back