• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fire Emblem: Crusade

Fire Emblem: Crusade

"Form surveying formation.", you order your troop. "Observe and gather information. We can't fight them blindly."

"Yes, captain." , they all responded, and separated from the clump, positioning themselves in various areas which would grant them a different view and better sight of the battle, and those involved in it.

Still, seeing these creatures, Revenants, which should not exist has bothered your mind. If these creatures are here, then perhaps the other fearsome creatures of myth exist also? The thought alone made your grip on your blade tighter. IF a mere Revenant is much of a trouble to fight against, then what could those others be?

The world just got more dangerous as it is, especially with this war going on between the three nations.

You were too deep in thought, that you did not notice one of the Revenants heading your way. It was nearly too late when you did, and it was due to Sezer's loud shouting, calling your attention. The moment you placed your attention back to the scene, the Revenant was a few meters away from you, and was in mid-pounce.

You, by instinct, swung your sword, cutting the Revenant's face in half, and followed it up with a quick sweep, slicing the body to large chunks of decayed flesh and bone which were scattered through the area. Although you survived the encounter, it started to reform itself - its scattered pieces slowly moved towards each other as if attracted by a strange magnetic force.

The soldiers were falling one by one, and your troops were being assaulted as well. The situation seem to have turned to the worse.

[1] Order retreat, and abandon the soldiers.
[2] Order regroup, and join forces with the soldiers.
[3] Write-in.

"Regroup!", you shouted, calling the attention of both your squad and the remaining soldiers. "On me!", you continued as you headed toward the direction of the soldiers. Although the soldiers were surprised, they quickly returned their attention to the Revenants that were attacking, trying their best to fend them off.

Your troop, however, were confused. Sezer specifically. If those soldiers were truly from Grawen, then why are you heading towards them? He wonders is there is an elaborate plan and reason behind your actions, and decides that things like that should be tackled later. Klara and Ferna quickly rushed to your side, with Sezer coming in last.

Now grouped together, with the soldiers in front and you and your troop at the back, you placed all of you into a situation where the Revenants are slowly surrounding you. Still, with the skills of your combined forces, you managed to cut down every last one of those wretched creatures, although they are starting to reform.

One of the soldiers, a grey-haired man, dressed in battle-worn armor and wielding a intricately-designed lance, turned to you and addressed you. "Vanatean.", he said.

You, in reply, turned to face him as well. "Grawenian."

"Now what is a knight of the sky doing in such a place?", he said.

"We outnumber you, and we can easily abandon you here.", you answered. "You are in no position to ask me a question."

"And you are?", he replied.

"Yes. Without our aid, you will have ended as the rest of your comrades.", you confidently said.

"That is true.", he agreed.

"Then you shall answer.", you continued.

"Fire away.", he said.

[1] "Are these truly Revenants? From the old history books?"
[2] "What is a Grawenian like you doing in the Empire's territory?"
[3] Write-in.

OOC
Well, we've come to a tie. And since it is less likely to have more votes rolling in, I propose that we decide it by a coin flip. Are you guys alright with this, or do you prefer some other way to determine the deciding vote? Perhaps you have suggestions?

OOC
Very well. I will assign them based on their time, which would have the first option as heads and the second as tails. May the luckier choice win.

flip.png

OOC
The first option, it is, then.

"Are these truly Revenants?, you ask him. "From the old history books?"

"Unfortunately, yes.", he answered in a grim tone.

"How come they exist, when they are purely myth?", you doubted his words. "They are merely stories made by men!"

The grey-haired man huffed. "I see you lack knowledge in the history of our world."

"What are you saying?", you ask.

"Do you know of the nations' founders?", he questioned you.

"Of course.", you say without hesitation. "Bornad, the Fierce, and Frieda, the Righteous - founders of Grawen. Theron, the Valiant - founder of Vanate. Lancelot, the Wise, and Verena, the Devoted - founders of Aurania. Heroes of an old war, that once banded together."

"Did you know who they fought against in the war?", he continued.

You fell silent for a short moment. Is this Grawenian implying that the founders banded together to fight a war against the creatures of myth? If it would be true, then why would such be hidden? Why would this be untold in history books and teachings? Why make the creatures myth only?

You start to doubt your old history teacher. It does not matter, though. You never liked that guy anyway. And you had much more important matters to address.

"They fought against the Revenants, and even far more fearsome creatures that are only myth to us.", the grey-haired man continued.

"Impossible.", you try to deny.

"You have fought Revenants. Creatures of myth.", he said. "It is up to you to decide whether or not they are to be real."

"Uhh, captain?", Sezer intervened. "I don't think we should be staying here."

You glace towards Sezer, and he pointed towards the Revenants which were starting to complete their reformation.

"He is right.", the grey-haired man said. "We must push onward."

"What?", you say. "Push onward? We barely even survived the encounter!"

The grey-haired man pointed his sword into a tunnel that led deeper into the cave. "You know these Revenants cannot die by regular means. A sacred weapon, or exorcism is the only way to rid of them."

"And it is not my job to rid of them.", you reply.

"But it is your job to keep Vanate safe.", he said. "These Revenants will only multiply when left alone. Who knows how many they could be, especially when they are in such a hidden location. I'm pretty sure it won't be soon that you'll see these monstrosities roaming the lands and invading your prideful home."

He has a point. Revenants were said to multiply when in the dark, and left alone. How they do it, was not included in what you learned, however. Stuck between believing this Grawenian's words and aiding them, or leaving them, you turn to your troop.

"What should I do?", you ask them. "He might be speaking of the truth."

"He's lying.", Sezer said. "I don't know how, but he's tricking you. We should leave."

"I'm not sure, captain.", Klara replied. "I think he might be telling the truth, but I have a feeling that he's not telling all of it."

"How about you Ferna?", you asked the timid girl.

"I-I think he's telling the truth.", Ferna answered. "Luseyl did not lie about them, a-and I think they won't be lying to us, just like her. T-they are allies, after all."

"Ferna's got a point, captain.", Klara added.

"Well, tell me when you've decided.", the grey-haired man said. "Until then, we'll be off. Onward!" He and his remaining allies struck down the rising and reforming Revenants, making them start over in their restoration process. Then, they rushed off the distance, their figures fading off as the entered the tunnel.

"Well?", Sezer said impatiently. "What's you decision?"

"Just know that we'll follow you whatever you decide, captain.", Klara said.

[1] Go to the tunnel.
[2] Leave the cave.
[3] Write-in.

"Let's go.", you say. "We follow them."

"What?", Sezer replied. "Are you really believing the words of a Grawenian."

"They sound honest enough for me.", you reply. "Worry not, if he lies, then-" You swung your blade to a reforming Revenant and cut it into pieces.

"Well, uh.", Sezer answered. "That's good enough for me."

"Then let us be off.", you say.

You and your troop struck down once more the reforming Revenants, causing them to start over again. Then, you headed of into the dark tunnel, in the formation you had when you entered this eventful cave. Unlike earlier, it was not completely dark, and there remains some form of slight visibility due to the dimly-glowing light, seeping from somewhere deep within the cave.

As expected, you and your troop headed to the end of the tunnel with great caution, hopefully avoiding any unnecessary encounters against more of those wretched Revenants. Luckily, during your short time travelling in the tunnel, there were no signs of any Revenants, making your trip a whole lot safer than staying in that chamber with those living corpses.

Until you finally arrived at the end of the tunnel.

There, you were led to a strange chamber that was lit up by a number of torches placed on the wall's around the area.
The grey-haired man was there, along with even fewer of his former allies, fighting once again with Revenants. But this time, it did not look good. Heck, it seemed that this encounter was not something you, even with their strength, would be able to survive through.

In this slightly large chamber, you and your troop, along with a small group of Grawenian soldiers, were about to face a horde of Revenants presumably thrice your numbers. What a situation you have placed yourselves into.

The grey-haired man, noticing your arrival, yelled. "Ah! I see you've come, Vanatean!"

"You did not tell me about this.", you reply.

"Well, this is the first time I've known about this mess.", he replied. "Now, you've shown your prowess earlier, what should be our plan?"

"We should get out of here.", Sezer said, as he fended off a fair number of Revenants headed your way, as Klara and Ferna did the same.

"That's not an option, kid.", the grey-haired man answered. "These atrocities have multiplied in mere moments, and if we leave them alone, they'll get even greater in number. Possibly enough to infest the entire world."

"That's impossible.", Sezer tried to negate his words.

"No, Sezer.", you say. "It is possible." You pointed to an area far from your location, where more Revenants are emerging every passing moment.

"Then, what do we do captain?", Klara asked. "We're outnumbered."

[1] "We fight until they're all nothing but mush."
[2] "I do not know. Grawenian, do you have anything?"
[3] Write-in.

3. "There must be something creating these abominations. If we can find and destroy whatever's making them, then surely we'll stand a better chance."

You pondered for a short moment. In situations like these, where one's troops are outnumbered by a continually growing army, what is the best choice of action? Suddenly, deep in your thought, you remembered the words of a wise old man.

"Seek the frail heart and strike it down. Only then can the invulnerable be defeated."

With that in mind, you come to a decision.

"There must be something creating these abominations.". you say. "If we can find and destroy whatever's making them, then surely we'll stand a better chance."

"I may have an idea.", the grey-haired Grawenian replied.

"Go on.", you answer.

"In the ancient times, Revenants came from a main corpse that's reproduced over and over again, and reanimated. There was some form of dark magic that allowed man to do this, but I no longer remember it. If we find the main corpse, then perhaps they would stop increasing in numbers.", the grey-haired man continued.

"Are you sure about that?", you say.

"No. But should it be true, then the main corpse would be easy to spot.", he answered.

"Very well.", you say. "We split up in twos, and scour every corner. If you find anything suspicious, strike it down without hesitation. Understood?"

"Yes, captain!", your troop replied.

Who will Nyle pair up with?
[1] Klara.
[2] Ferna.
[3] Sezer.
[4] Grey-haired Grawenian.

Last edited:

"You, Grawenian!", you addressed the grey-haired man. "You come with me."

"Alright. Let us go.", he replied.

You and the rest, then, split up into groups of two and began to search the area, whilst fending off the numerous Revenants that are slowly filling up the chamber. Klara and Ferna grouped up, as expected, which left Sezer to inevitably pair up with a Grawenian soldier. Things can only go south at that point, but you hope for the best.

Finally, you and the grey-haired man headed to the northeastern corner of the chamber, where you first glanced the multiplicative act of the Revenants. Those fearsome creatures relentlessly assaulted you in groups, and although difficult,
the two of you have proven that you've got what it takes to survive numerous encounters against mythical creatures such as these.

However, as reach the corner, a surprise welcomes you. On what was supposed to be walls of the cave's chamber were two, large gaping holes on opposite sides. Both were lit by torches, and supposedly led to a different area, presumably to the source of this chaotic matter.

"Grawenian.", you call.

"I have a name. Enough of calling me by my nation of origin.", the grey-haired man replied.

"Very well, what is it then?", you ask.

"I don't like unbalanced exchanges.", he answered. "I'll give you my name, you give me yours."

"I don't have time to argue for this.", you speak in an annoyed tone.

"Then agree to the name exchange.", he insisted.

"Fine.", you hesitantly say.

"Good.", he replied. "I am Marsel."

"And I am Nyle.", you answer. "Now, enough of this. We have more pressing matters to focus upon."

[1] Split up, and go to the east.
[2] Split up, and go to the west.
[3] Stick together, and go to the east.
[4] Stick together, and go to the west.

OOC
As you may or may not have noticed, the character portraits are still missing. I'm currently trying to get my tablet set up, and as soon as I can, I'll get working on some. However, I'm not much that of an artist, so please bear with it, else, just ignore that they exist, lol. That being said, whose portraits are you looking forward to see?

OOC
As you may or may not have noticed, the character portraits are still missing. I'm currently trying to get my tablet set up, and as soon as I can, I'll get working on some. However, I'm not much that of an artist, so please bear with it, else, just ignore that they exist, lol. That being said, whose portraits are you looking forward to see?

[(Nyle's, Marsel's and Klara's mostly. You don't have to worry, I'm not expecting official Fire Emblem character art xD)]

"We should split up.", Marsel said. "It'd save us some time in finding the origin of this Revenant infestation."

"No.", you firmly reply. "That'd only get us both killed. We stick together."

"You have a point.", he replied. "Then where shall we go?"

"To the one on the west.", you answer, as you enter the opening and rush to wherever it may lead. Marsel followed you quickly with a sigh.

The tunnel that it formed, unlike the former ones, seemed to be man-made. There were decorations on the walls that were slightly visible due to the few torches that dimly lit up the area. The ground was smooth and fair, and seemed to be made of marble. Strangely enough, it gave off a feeling that usually were present in old and abandoned temples.

At the end of the tunnel awaited a chamber with another group of Revenants, as expected. However, at the far corner of this chamber was a brilliant glowing gem, set upon what seems to be a marble construct. The entire area, in fact, was made of marble.

"That must be it.", you say, pointing to the gem afar. "The one that's producing these monstrosities."

"Most likely.", Marsel answered. "But getting there is going to be more difficult. Look at the Revenants here."

The Revenants in this chamber seemed to be larger than those from before, and they did not seem aggressive. In fact, they almost looked as if they were all dormant. Well, that was, until Marsel took one step forward, and their mouths, filled with jagged teeth, began to emit some kind of poisonous foam.

"They're not the same.", you reply.

"That's for certain.", Marsel added.

You held up your sword, and took on a battle stance. Marsel did the same with his lance. At any moment now, a fight more ferocious than the ones you've fought before might ensue.

[1] Charge towards them.
[2] Be on the defensive.
[3] Write-in.

"Here we go.", Marsel sighed. He pointed his lance, and his footing shifted, as if ready to charge onto this horde of greater Revenants.

Until you stopped him, extending your arm in from of him. "No.", you say. "Let them come to us."

"What?", Marsel said, confused. "We should attack them while they are not attacking us yet! Offense is the best defense, as some would say."

"And defense is the best offense.", you sarcastically reply. "Look. We're outnumbered here. We must not be reckless. Charging in will only get us surrounded."

"And staying in our positions won't?", he interrupted.

"No.", you confidently answer. "We have a tunnel at our backs. We need to trim down their numbers, because decimating them is not possible. Not with just the two of us. And this place can easily be turned into a bottleneck. As long as we play it correctly, these Revenants will be easier to fight, with out advantageous placement."

Marsel looked around, trying to see if all you said would make sense. "That is...", he said. "...certainly a great idea."

"Then stand guard, and be alert.", you continue. "Any moment now, they will charge to us."

And as if on queue, the Revenants charged onto you, but due to their numbers, and to your location, only a few could be in your reach, as the others were merely stuck behind those in front. As you had predcited, the bottleneck had come to an effect. With this, you and Marsel struck down those within your reach, with caution and extreme force.

Unlike those outside, the Revenants here melted to mush and never reincarnated again, once they have been slain bybyour blades. Perhaps it was the chamber, perhaps it was that strange gem. Whatever it was that was causing this phoenmenon, it was being a great help to you.

Within minutes, the entire horde was gone, and nothing of their existence was left. Only the empty chamber lie, its white walls and floors unstained through the fight that had incurred.

"Whew.", Marsel said, wiping the sweat off his forehead. "That took quite a while."

"Well, it was only two versus almost a hundred.", you say. "What did you expect?"

Marsel chuckled. "Heh. You're right."

You and Marsel re-entered the chamber. As you did, the floor slowly had a strange red fluid crerrp from its walls and head towards you and Marsel. By instinct, you try to avoid them, only to end up being chased by these strange crimson-colored liquid. This caused the two of you to split up and ran across the chamber in various directions.

"What are those?!", Marsel shouted.

"I don't know!", you answer loudly.

"Why are they chasing us?", Marsel asked.

"Perhaps we are to become replacements for those Revenants!", you say.

"I have no plans on becoming one of those!", he furiously yelled.

"As do I!", you reply. "Do you have any idea how to stop this?"

"Maybe that gem is causing this!", Marsel pointed to the glowing gem in the strange marble contruct. "Taking it down might do it!"

[1] "Good idea! I'll take it down, try to disctract the moving fluid!"
[2] "Good idea! I'll take care of these red liquids, go take it down!"
[3] Write-in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back