• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern FIRDAUS. [open, accepting]

sox

محبت
— FIRDAUS.
tribal island survival.
01. introduction.
Over the course of several years, the island of Firdaus has been known to the world as a hostile region, inhabited by a native tribe that wants nothing to do with the modern world. After numerous attempts at establishing contact and countless severed heads later, the foreigners eventually gave up, fearing that tampering with the natives could result in an unwanted outcome for all parties involved.

What the outside world failed to notice is that those "natives" were, in actuality, a clan of humans from all walks of life, whether it be criminals seeking refuge from foreign governments or young adventurers preferring a more primitive and thrilling lifestyle. Regardless of the motive, this underground society lives in secrecy below the towering trees of Firdaus, dealing only with its own people and their personal conflicts.

Two clans make up the inhabitants of Firdaus: the crafty Shati clan of the coast and the fierce Shajara clan of the jungle, between whom lives a precarious peace agreement in order to guarantee the safety of their members. Upon entry into Firdaus, one must choose which clan they wish to remain loyal to, where they will learn the clan's trades and contribute to the well-being of its people. Leaving the island is prohibited.

For the most part, these clans have lived in a carefully balanced harmony, and few casualties have resulted from inter-clan battles. Now, however, as their small society begins to reach unprecedented numbers and disputes over land, resources, and leadership have left them fearing for their safety, it's up to the people to decide how they wish to proceed, and how many of them will live to carry the plan through.

02. roles.
Roles are NOT gender-locked:

• Leader of the Clan:
    • Responsible for all the members in the clan. Must be a strong communicator and be well-respected for their leadership qualities.
    • One per clan.
      • Shati: RESERVED (sox)
      • Shajara: RESERVED (erzulie)
  • Adviser to the Leader:
    • Responsible for strategic planning and offering objective perspectives to the leader. Must be well-learned and experienced in crisis management.
    • One per clan.
      • Shati: OPEN
      • Shajara: OPEN
  • Lead Warrior:
    • Responsible for leading hunts and devising the clan's wartime tactics. Answers to the leader, but is well-respected in the clan. Must be able to strategize and be experienced in battle.
    • One per clan.
      • Shati: RESERVED (dreamglow)
      • Shajara: OPEN
  • Clan Member:
    • An ordinary member of the clan. Can be specialized in certain areas, but must be loyal to the clan (on the surface, at least).
    • No limit to how many per clan, though the numbers should stay even.

03. lore.
The island of Firdaus originated several generations ago as a heavily-guarded base for a militant rebel group in the Middle East named Nakba, where they hid from federal law and stashed various paraphernalia such as drugs and weaponry. Once the group's activism began to fizzle out and foreign governments stopped trying to make contact with the inhabitants, however, Nakba transformed the island into a hideout for any members who were wanted and on the run, providing some supplies for comfort but mainly relying on Firdaus' natural bounties to sustain them. In this manner, the descendants of this rebel group smuggled anyone who approached them for a hideout onto the island over the years, maintaining contact with the inhabitants but no longer residing there themselves as they operated the network abroad.

Among these islanders rose two clans, originally only differing in governing ideology but proceeding to bloom into distinct yet codepedent communities over the generations. The Shati clan is known for its extensive use of Firdaus' coastal regions and open plains for fishing, agriculture, and defense of the island. Their weaponry primarily involves knives, spears, and tridents. The Shajara clan is known for its mastery of Firdaus' jungles and underground tunnels, where they hunt, collect materials, and build structures for both clans. Their weaponry primarily involves axes and bows. Guns are outlawed by both leaders. Each clan relies on the other for survival, and this is solidified through their trade network and cooperative education programs. Once underage members reach the age of 15, however, they must complete training through their own clan in order to learn trades specific to their role in society.

The source of their present-day conflict is a disagreement between the two leaders on the jurisdiction of rivers. The Shajara clan lays claim to the main river that crosses the island, on the basis of the majority of the river running through the heart of the jungle. The Shati clan, on the other hand, claims that the river is vital in managing agriculture and should be under their protection for fear of pollution. With no central leader figure to give a final ruling, tensions have been steadily growing between the two clans over several other minor grievances, further fueling the ongoing debate and creating a sense of "otherness" from the opposite clan. Relationships are being tested, trade is getting strained, and weaponry has become far more prevalent than it ever used to be.

Undeterred by the bloodshed of ignorant, quarreling tribes who toil away in the sunlight, a subterranean threat is brewing far deeper within Firdaus' cave system than Shajaran jurisdiction cares to cast its gaze towards. What was once thought to be the indisputable written history of the outcast island documented by generations of tribesman past and present will fall into doubt upon the reemergence of the isolationists of Mahjul, a nearly uninhabitable island off the east coast of mainland Firdaus that neither clan lays claim to due to the abundance of lethal predators and swamp-like terrain. The isolationists were not given a proper name under the decades-long assumption that they were not an organized collective, but rather rogues who chose to take on the wilderness of Mahjul instead of joining either clan.

This assumption would prove to be a fatal mistake: one that may only be rectified should those who cultivate the shores and those who navigate the forests find it in themselves to rekindle their camaraderie for the sake of preserving their beloved home.

04. rules.
Hello! This is a reboot of an RP I made a while ago that I'm bringing back due to popular demand (co-gmed by erzulie erzulie and dreamglow dreamglow . Please read all of the guidelines below before expressing interest:

• OOC: Must have Discord. All of our OOC and plotting discussions will take place there.
  • AGE: Due to its graphic nature and mature themes, this RP is 18+.
  • CHARACTERS: Realistic faceclaims only. Don't make them all ex-veterans trained in advanced military maneuvers.
  • ROMANCE: Allowed and encouraged! This is meant to be a little more sandbox than an entirely intense battle RP (though there is an overarching plot), so bring in all the personal character conflicts and love triangles your heart desires.
  • CONFLICT: That being said, keep all drama IC. I will absolutely step in if it looks like this rule's about to get broken, and I reserve the right to take any actions necessary to keep the peace.
  • APPLICATIONS: This is NOT first-come first-serve, and the number of characters for each clan is somewhat monitored in that I will be making sure they're at relatively even numbers. If there are too many applications for one clan, I'll put out a notice with the number that I'm accepting so anyone who wishes will have the chance to switch their character over. I'll put out a tentative due date once this gets interest.
  • POST LENGTH: Posts should be at least a couple paragraphs (when not caught in dialogue) and have fully fleshed out sentences/structure. I do not want to see any actions written in between asterisks. I may cry.
  • POST FREQUENCY: Anyone who's been in one of my RPs knows that I'm been pretty lax about post frequency, but due to the nature of this roleplay, I'd like to see at least one post a week. I'm not going to enforce this with a gun to your head (firearms are banned on the island, duh), but for the sake of the plot, please match the speed that people are posting at!

code by @leviathan.

Last edited:
cat-look.gif

i'm interested! and would love to s p i c e some things up in Firdaus!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back