• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Finding Pack and Finding Home

Sarah jumped, wincing at the twinge of pain in her leg and side as she did so. She blinked owlishly at Ghost as she snapped at her, she had only grabbed her shoulder to try and get her to slow down. But it hadn't meant for it to go the way that it had and her heart clenches at every word that the other woman says to her. It's like a pit in her stomach and she feels heavy all over again, because she hasn't been fighting her instinct to stay as close to Ghost as she can. Sarah had watched how easily her brother got to be close and even being told she couldn't be, she had pushed too hard and tried to get closer to the other woman. It feels like it physically hurts with every word, but she can see it in her eyes. She can see how hard that Ghost is fighting in the instinct, even as she pulls a knife while they stand there in the middle of the street where any human can see.

"No." Sarah says, taking a glance over her shoulder at Felse, though she does give her a momentary smile as thanks for helping defend the words that had been said. "You can't walk away from this... From me. Instinct. Scent. It's drawing you in too, I know it is!" she say, dropping the bag as she takes a few bold steps forwards. The scent of blood fills her nose as blue eyes look deep into misty grey. "You want to run... You want to leave the pack, then you'll just have to kill me too. Because I won't let you walk away, I will follow you and I'll stay as close as I can get... I'd rather die than never get to have your scent surround me again." Sarah tells her, tears gathering in the edges of her eyes as she took steps forwards until the tip of that knife pierces through her shirt and touches her skin. It doesn't take much pressure for her to lean into it and draw fresh blood.

Max doesn't like it when Ghost seems to flip and push them away as hard as possible, he can almost feel and smell the hurt coming off of his sister. He can practically feel it coming from Felse as she talks and defends his sister, defends herself and him. This instinct that drove them together, this instinct that made him jump off of a cliff into rushing water. He let out a soft growl, one that turns into one of a warning as he watches his sister drive forwards recklessly yet again. "No, this isn't something that's going to change, and yours isn't either." he says, pulling Felse tighter into his side to try and comfort her. "We're wolves, we survive and we push to be together. We're stronger as a pack in our different levels of knowledge." he says, though its clear at this point that he's mostly talking to Felse. Max keeps her close to him, rubbing her arm as he looks at her to try and reassure her. His attention quickly shifts away from her towards his sister when the fresh scent of blood hits his nose, it isn't much, he knows that but he still growls out another warning, directly at his sister. "Sarah!" he says, moving to take a step towards her but was soon stopped a firm hand on his chest.

Lucas watches everything that's going on between Sarah and Ghost, his attention moving for a moment towards Max and Felse before he's letting out a soft sigh as he does his best to keep his calm. He wonders if this is the only ways that finding another pack mate is supposed too be, if this is how he's going to be when he finds that scent that he can't ignore. Is he going to get to touch, or will he be pushed away? Are these the only ways that things are meant to work? He takes in a deep calming breath, moving himself between them because he realizes that their sister needs space. Whatever's going on with this part of the pack bond, he knows that she'll stay mad at them all if she isn't given the space. He sets a heavy hand on Max to stop him, gently pushing him and Felse away from them. "Let her do this." he tells them softly, but you can see that he's also ready to protect her at a moments notice if anything goes wrong.

No matter how much it hurt, Fesle was going to keep fighting for Sarah, even if she did end up crying in the middle of this cracked concrete sidewalk. A tear slides down her cheeks and her shoulders shake, about to open her mouth to keep going before Sarah stops her. It's not when Maxwell's hand rubs against her arms and he finally speaks does Fesle cover her mouth with the palm of her hands. It takes every fiber of her being to not cry on the spot, she can't, it's not about her- it's about Sarah and Ghost right now. Pushing back the wave of emotions, she wipes away her tears and folds her arms. Lucas is right, she can only watch and see things unfold like they're supposed to. This isn't a mistake they made, but a coarse that had to be taken.

Fesle's eyes look up to Lucas, shocked in a way from how understand he's been with Sarah. Out of all of the triplets- maybe even her- Lucas takes the trophy of having the most patience. Whatever came his way, siblings being harmed, being threatened in the alleyway, taking all of Ghost's bs- Lucas has never budged. A sort of wave of relief takes over her realizing just how vital Lucas is and how he's been the glue this entire time. He had several moments where he could have snapped and his siblings would have followed right behind him, but he didn't. For now, she has to put her trust in this brother too as she watches the two wolves lash it out.

Ghost lets go of her clothes when Sarah walks up to her, fully ready to push her back once again. The knife is gripped hard into her hand but the thought of using it on the woman never crossed her mind. It's not until Sarah pushes her past her limit, ignoring her threats, and pricks herself with the knife does Ghost start shaking in anger. In the same reflexes that got Fesle, she grabs Sarah by the collar of her sweater and brings the knife up to her throat. Keeping it there but not slicing, "The hell I can, I would spend every day running away if it means I can have your scent out of my mind. I'll gladly kill every wolf on this planet to get you out of my head, I'll even gut your own brothers." Her voice spits venom, like a true Altamura, everything that she's saying right now is pointing to how everyone sees her. She's easily putting up the front that is assigned to her, being a cold, heartless werewolf.

Then, she starts speaking in her own native tongue, Italian words spilling out with just as much spite. "<My family has always told me that you can kill a mate's bond, I've seen it done and I know I can do it too. Even if that means I'll kill you, I'll do what my own father did. I'm stronger than all of you and won't submit to some stupid emotions! I am my father's daughter!!>" As she speaks these words that Sarah knows that aren't comprehendible, to her, it hits her heart more than she wanted. Everything about her screams her own father, the very person she hates more than the whole world. An image in her mind flashes of a nightmare she's always had since she was little, and that's her father smiling down at her in pride....a monster like him proud of her.

Just then, the monster's hands start shaking, both the grip Sarah's collar and the knife. The more she tries to just end all this internal suffering, the more her other side collides, a side that tells her to not be like her father. You're everything he is if you do this.. a voice of reason hits her hard, sharper than this knife ever could. Looking into those pained crystal eyes long enough makes Ghost loose grip of the intense glare in his eyes, tears straining through them as one falls and hits the concrete below them. Her breathing begins to hitch as Sarah's presence, scent, touch all succumbs to her before she collapses onto the ground.

Ghost gasps for air she didn't know she was keeping in as she hides behind her hair. "<I hate you, so much.>" she growls, not towards Sarah but towards her own father, in their language. She hates how weak she feels that she can't just let go of this bond, a bond that feels so real but too vulnerable. This bond is supposed to make her feel safe, that's what other wolves said, but all she feels is fear.

Max growl helplessly as he watches his sister over their brothers shoulder, the one who's broken up every fight they had ever had. If it wasn't for their brothers constant calm, he knows they'd have hurt each other or worse long ago. If she hadn't been a healer, they'd have too many scars to count from their bickering in the earlier years of their travels. But they have always come back to protect each other, they always had and probably always would. He hates that he can't do anything as he watches, but they're out in the open, they're so easily seen by human eyes and he clears his throat before he swallows thickly and looks back down at Felse, wrapping both of his arms around her as he presses a kiss into her hair. He turns her so that she can hide her face in his chest if she needs too. "She'll be safe, we will be safe. I promise." he whispers to her, intent on keeping their pack together, intent on keeping their pack safe.

Lucas takes another deep breath as he does his best to keep his calm, he's always done this, looked after his siblings in a different way than they have ever looked after each other. He wondered when he'd get to just have moments of quiet for himself, when he didn't have to worry about the pack. About helping keep them together. Whatever was going on with these new pack members, he was getting jealous and he wanted it, he wanted to have someone there he could turn too, just hold onto and be close with. He wanted what looked like a calm unlike any other as his brother breathed in that pine scent of Felse's. Turning, he watched what was happening to find out if they were needed to fight.

Sarah's breath hitched when Ghost did it again, when she moved with such a smooth ease that it surprised her. But she didn't pull away, she almost leaned into it as a knife was held to her throat and tears finally spilled over, cascading down her face and blurring her vision. "Do it." she said, feeling like something inside of her was breaking as she listened to the way that she spoke about running from this deeper instinct inside of them that said that they had to be close, that they needed to stay close. She was worried about what would happen with her brothers if this is what pushed Ghost too far, but something was telling her that it wouldn't go that far. She just needed to wait, she needed instinct to tell her when. So, she waited, listening to that foreign language that made her heart jump, listening to the conviction in her voice. It was there for in every word from the ones she knew to the ones that she didn't.

"I don't ever want to forget what you smell like. Everything you would do to forget, I would do to remember." Sarah says as she feels that knife shake and pull away from her skin. Its enough, its that moment she needs and reaching up, she takes her hand with gentle but firm slim fingers, very gently taking hold of the knife and to move it down and away from her before she's wrapping her arms around Ghost to just hold onto her. It's a risk, she knows that could result in her being pushed away again, but there's this part inside of her that's demanding it. Demanding that she holds onto Ghost who's struggling and in a form of pain. "Please... Don't leave me." Sarah whispers into her ear, closing her eyes and waiting for the result, for the backlash that could be coming her way. She was ready to have to use her medicines on herself yet again.

Ghost wanted to use that last bit of energy to end all this, or to at least run away. But it was wasted on all these emotions that blinded her from doing her task. No, blinding her from following the footsteps of a family she's tried so hard to get away from. Her instincts are less of guarding a pack and bonds, they've been constructed to kill and conquer, all of her life. So, why is it that something that seems so small as a crush can cause her to shake in fear of it. It's as if this mate bond is against her "coding", a malfunction in her system, an inertia.

Her body shakes as Sarah wraps her arms around her, making her muscles tense up rather than relax. Of course Ghost has always dreamed of a life outside of her family, but she never actually believed that it would happen. It's terrifying and seems taboo for it to come true. Then, tiredness overcomes her as she wallows her face into the crick of Sarah's neck. A shaking, hot breath of air collides onto her skin as her tense body seems to be in a rigor mortis state, lifeless and ungiving. With the knife still held in her hand, she doesn't respond to Sarah's please. If anything, Ghost doesn't respond to anything her own body wants. Food, sleep, mental rest- Ghost denies all of it as she tries to get just a few seconds of silence.

The thought of murdering Sarah is far from her mind and after collecting herself, she lifts her head up. "I thought I told you don't touch me without permission." her voice is anything but alert, oozing with tiredness from both of their emotions. Ghost shoves Sarah's hands off her, "I'm not like your wimpy Alpha brother who needs constant touches of affirmation." As she tries to put more oomph back into her voice, she looks at Sarah, hesitating to continue. "Just.....just be beside me if you want me to feel what you're feeling, I'm not a teddy bear." Her cheeks turn rosy as she stutters to give Sarah directions.

Fesle peeks through Maxwell's arms, letting him embrace her, and finally lets out a long breath of relief now that the knife is off of Sarah. Her adrenaline kicked in and caused her body to become rigid, ready to do something to help Sarah if needed. She could feel Maxwell was that way as well, at this point they're sharing the same emotions. When all the heat died down and the nearby humans finally started to mind their own business, Fesle groans. "If I don't get coffee in the next ten minutes I'm biting somebody." she grumbles.

Sarah nuzzles her nose into Ghost's hair to just breathe her in, enjoying the moment while she can before shes being pushed away and it hurts that she isn't allowed to be close or stay close. "What if that's what I want? What if I'm like him?" She asks, before sighing because she is at least allowed to stay closer to her, she's allowed to be within her space. It will have to do, and she let's out a heavy puff of air as she carefully bends down to pick up the bag and bundle of photos she's dropped. "I like to touch, it's just how we were raised. I'm going to slip up, I'm going to touch you... Just, give me little moments." She told her, very clearly holding herself back from reaching out yet again to touch her. But Sarah was studying her, taking in every little move that Ghost was making, trying to make sure she read her and knew what was okay. She moved slowly, stiffly to start putting Ghost's clothes into the bag. She's fold and organize it later with her own.

Max felt the relief wash over him as Sarah's impressive will won over Ghost somehow, some way. He reached up to rub as his eyes and scratch at his bearded cheek before he was giving a bit of a laugh as Felse said that she needed coffee. "I don't even know what it tastes like and I feel like I need coffee." He told her, letting out a heavy sigh as his eyes fell to his brother, proving valuable as Beta. He was best in the role, their mother had always said so. "Take them out of town, go south west. Get a good distance from town and stay there, we'll come find you three." He told his brother before his attention turned to the beautiful woman at his side. "We'll get the supplies and coffee." Max tells Felse, giving her a warming smile as he offered her his arm so that could walk as they had been since the day before. When she took his arm, he turned to walk away with her, scenting the air to try and figure out where the nearest place to buy the dark coloured beverage was.

Lucas' shoulders rolled down from where they had lifted to be closer to his ears, relaxing because they didn't need to fight, didn't need to expose themselves as wolves. He's making sure that nothing has been left behind, taking a quick pick around them and watching as Sarah picked up the clothes from the sidewalk. He turned when he heard Max start to talk to him, nodding his head in understanding of the task that was being presented to him. He didn't know how he was going to get Ghost to listen to him, but he would at least work to get them out of town. They'd attracted a lot of attention with what had just happened and they all needed to get away from there, but it also looked like maybe they were due for a rest. "How about we go find a place from the humans to rest?" He suggested as he walked up to stand protectively by them, casting looks around.

"I don't know how fast I can move, everything still hurts." Sarah said, slowly standing up and slinging the rucksack onto her back. She ended up hissing in pain and reaching for her cracked ribs. "Ghost... Can... Never mind." She says, changing her mind on asking to be carried as she falls into step beside her instead. She feels just as drained from the emotional turmoil they just went through and it shows in her dragging steps as she blindly follows after her brother.

Ghost eyes watch Sarah's every move as she gets her clothes and the photos. She speaks as if what Ghost is doing isn't fair to her all because she was born to have physical intimacy through others. With that, she looks down at the blade of her family, reading the lines that she's memorized long ago. "And how I was raised, that wasn't allowed- ever." Ghost tone is final, better to lay down boundaries now then giving her confusion. "It'll just have to depend on my mood whether or not I want your touch or not, at least I can promise I won't break another bone....on purpose." she says. Lucas thankfully breaks their interaction that isn't going to go anywhere else for now. It's a milestone that needed to be crossed, but it's not easy- not will it be easier from here on out.

"You're the one who needs sleep, you look dead," Ghost mumbles with an eye roll, "and what's with that look you had the the whole time? If you want your sister so bad please get her." Thinking he's wanting his sister's touch more than hers makes her confused, but she doesn't see that he's actually jealous of what they have. Ghost was about to take the first step out of town but instead folds her arms when she looks over at Sarah. She's getting slower, probably because she's tired and her wounds aren't getting the rest they need to heal. With that, Ghost walks behind Sarah and shoves the knife into her own pants, "This is getting ridiculous." she grumbles before picking Sarah up in a Bridal-style carry. "I'm surprised you guys haven't died a long time ago."

Fesle watches them as they leave, feeling a bit at ease that they're all loosing their energy and probably won't need supervision. It's not like I'm their mom anyway... "Yes please." she breathes out, taking his hand and guiding him instead of the other way around. Like a caffeine addict, the smell of coffee beans and syrups make it easy to track. The cafe blends into the other buildings, only a small wooden signs gives away that it exists. It's lodged between two buildings and seems rather small, the upstairs is probably something else entirely. "You're going to need a guide as to what type of drink you want, seems to me you have rather 'fine' tastes." She opens the door for Maxwell, making it seem like he's playing in her domain. It feels like that whenever they do enter the city anyway.

Only a few people are in the cafe, most likely due to it being the time when most people are at work. The majority of the guests in here appear to be elderly or business-workers. The sounds of laptops typing away, chatters of gossip, and coffee beans grinding fill her atmosphere. "Did you know I once dreamed of opening my own coffee shop?" she asks once they're both inside. "When I was a teenager, I wanted to make to have a small cabin near hiking trails, for adventurers to have a beverage of energy. I thought it was such a smart idea at the time." The way she speaks of it makes it seem like if she had the opportunity to make it come true, she'd probably do it. After all, she'd have the best of both worlds, occasional human interactions and also never leaving the wilderness. She even had a whole concept on what it would look like too.

"Now Maxwell, do you favor your drinks to be really really sweet or just a tiny bit?" Fesle begins to investigate the menu. "Coffee comes in a variety of different flavors and sweetness, plus they can customize it to whatever you prefer. It says on the menu that they do flavors like cinnamon rolls, peppermint, vanilla, honey, and hazelnut. If you don't want your drinks to be too sweet, I'd say stay away from cinnamon roll and honey. I recommend hazelnut or vanilla to any beginner coffee drinker." As she spills out all the information, she then goes on about the levels of energy each one provides. Speaking about coffee immediately gets her mind off of what just happened. At least she's able to talk about things she does know almost everything about.

Lucas' eyebrows go up and he snorts in amusement ad Ghost tells him to chase after Sarah, rolling his eyes and shaking his head as they started to walk on. His pace adjusts to keep his sister with them, not thinking to pick her up at all as they just keep going. The sooner they're out of the small town and can rest, the better it will be. He stops as they're about to leave town, turning his head to watch the other pair before he kept leading the way Southwest.

Sarah let's out a soft yelp of surprise when Ghost is suddenly picking her up as they get to the edge of the small town, having walked right through it to the other side. "We don't normally push like this, we usually find a set up a temporary den to rest and fully heal whoever gets injured." Sarah says, taking advantage of this closeness to wrap her arms around Ghost to hold on as she's carried. Apparently the bag doesn't get in the way and she's glad for it as she closes her eyes and puts her head on her shoulder. "We were in danger... We needed to keep moving." She adds softly, referring to the military and the way that a random city wolf had followed them. "Wait... The wolf you killed... Who was it?" She asks, trying to look into those stormy eyes.

Max laughed as they only got a few steps before Felse took his hand and started to drag him through the town right to a small cafe. He goes in ahead of her with a large grin, turning to look at her "I think, on the right mountain trail that your little coffee place would succeed." He said, remembering his own parents and how it would have been better for them to have such a thing between their home and the town. He wondered if such a thing could even be possible. Shaking his head, he can't help but watch Felse and he's drawn to her more than he ever thought possible as she goes on all about coffee. Max just stands there watching her before he reaches out to take her hand pull her to him, where he steals a kiss. His first. But he doesn't know what to say to get her to stop explaining to him, so he reacts with instinct. It's a soft, light press of the lips, but it isn't more than a few seconds. "Honey... I'll try it with honey." He tells her softly as he rests his forehead against hers, his eyes gazing into hers. "Our mother used honey." He adds, explaining to her why he wanted to try it like that.

Ghost's hand grip tight around Sarah, eyeing everyone that walks pass them as if they were a threat. She just can't wait until she's able to take a nap and rest her head from everything that happened. The only thing I wish I carried like the rest of my family...lack of fricken emotions. "You sound so smart but then act so dumb." Ghost blows some air in her face, scolding her over the coarse of her actions that she's done. Not to mention Sarah continues to nuzzle into her as she carries her makes her whine in stubbornness.

It's not when they make it back into the forest does Ghost put Sarah down onto a tree stump. They're not too far away from town so Fesle and Max shouldn't have a problem tracking them down. It's then does she answer Sarah's question now instead of being out in the open with humans. "Just some wolf that apparently caused your injuries in the first place." she decides to give that answer rather than admitting that the woman was also out for revenge. While the woman looks familiar, Ghost can't pinpoint a specific event to where she remembers killing her family- or if she was there in the first place. The Altamura pack kills so much, it's impossible to keep track of all the territories they've taken over.

"Doesn't matter anyway, she's dead anyway." she stretches her limbs to try to get rid of the tension throughout her body. Normally she'd make her family members pop her bones, since they're not here she has to crack them herself. "And if the rest of her pack comes..." Just the thought makes Ghost chuckle in joy, "it won't be a problem." is all she'll say, though her mind goes into specific details. After a marathon of bone cracking, Ghost takes off her worn- in shoes and starts shoving piles of dead leaves together. After making her bed, she shifts into wolf form and lays down on it. She doesn't care what the situation is anymore, sleep is calling her name, and as long as Sarah is near her, it might get easier to get used to her presence.

Fesle gets excited as she spills out the wisdom of coffee beans, diving into the history of it being discovered rather than telling him a recommendation. His hand touches hers like usual, but she pays no mind to it, "What's funny is that humans don't necessarily-" Her voice is silenced when his lips collide into her own. The unusual contact makes her whole body go haywire, goosebumps and arm hairs rising as well as eyes widening. She's never kissed anyone before and didn't expect it to be like this. When he moves away from her, she can't help but to back up from him. "O-Okay, sounds good." she quickly grabs Max's sweater that she's wearing and raises it over half of her face. Her heart won't stop furiously rushing blood to her cheeks and she hides her red ears under hair.

"Um..." the cashier starts, trying to break the interaction so she can do her job, "does he want it hot or cold?" "Give him a honey cappuccino with light whip cream, make sure to add an espresso shot." Fesle speaks clear enough through the sweater so the cashier can ring it in. "And for you?" "I just want a medium chai latte with four shots of espresso and two pumps of hazelnut." Fesle is about to confirm the order before she sees a single-serving bag of chips, remembering that Lucas said that's what he wanted. Hiding her face, she removes one hand from her collar to put the chips on the counter.

"Rather move and be dumb than get caught again." Sarah said back, but left it at that. Or hoped that it would stay at that. She was glad when they finally got through the other side of town and that they had more wooded area to take cover in. She let out a sigh as she was set down on a stump and moved the bag from her back to set it down beside her as she turned her blue eyes up to Ghost, to watch her and take in her every move. "Hurt me... The scarred one, she was... She didn't like me." Sarah told her, letting out a sigh as she watches the other woman start to crack nearly every bone in her body. It made her shudder, though it was hard to pin point the reason as to why. "So, she's dead and if any of her pack finds us, you'll protect us. Alright then." She says with a smile and nod, smiling as she watched Ghost make herself a bed of dead foliage yet again. She had to bite her lip to keep from retorting about how cute it was, having never really seen fit to make a bed like that. Instead, despite how tired she was, made a gesture for Lucas to give her the duffle bag so that she could get her stuff out of it. And moving to sit on the forest floor, she starts making neat little piles of her things and Ghost's to put in the bag. Despite everything, she was clearly a very happy girl about having got her way, having gotten the bag that she wanted in the first place. She's sitting as close as she can to her.

Lucas watched them as he walked around the spot that was chosen to make sure that it was safe, nodding he had walked back over, silently responding to his sister to give her the duffle so that she could retrieve her things as he trudged around to start picking up a few twigs to have a small fire wood pile to have just in case they needed it. Still staying silent, he moves to sit down so that he can watch and see both of the girls but also see when Max and Felse are approaching them. They do need to keep moving on, but he also knows that Sarah need time to heal and they need to find a den to take refuge in. Or maybe a motel room and they can do some odd jobs again for money.

Max can't help but grin when Felse reacts to the kiss, and he turns that happy and proud smile to the person behind the counter as they ask for the order. "Thank you." he tells them, watching as the woman at his side gets flustered and he's endured to it. He wraps his arms around her to pull her closer when he realizes that she's trying to hide, hoping to help shelter her with his size some as he reaches into his pocket to pay for their order. "What did you get me?" he asks as they move to the other end of the counter where a hanging sign tells them is the pick-up spot. Max is keeping Felse close to him, watching as the person begins to make both of their orders, that bag of chips now resting in his pocket. He knows when they get back, that Lucas is only to eat half of the bag before giving it to Sarah. He's always done that, no matter how much he wants to eat the whole thing. It seems like in no time at all, two cups are being set down before them with a wish for them to have a good rest of the day.

"You too." Max offers back with that bright smile as he picks up the cup with the long name meant to be his. "Shall we?" he asks, offering up his arm to Felse to walk with her back out of the store where he takes his first sip. He frowns, pursing his lips before his eyebrows go up and he's letting out this thoughtful hum. "M'm, I like this." he told her, offering that bright smile to her. "We just need to get the medical supplies for Sarah." he said, glad that she still had his arm as they started to walk slowly down the sidewalk. "If we have to stop in towns, I think I want more coffee... They taste better then the energy things Sarah makes." he said honestly, because even though he was used to them, they didn't always taste that great.

"I never said I'd protect you guys, I'm protecting myself." Ghost points out, making it clear that she's not ready to be part of this pack. Truly, the only reason why she's still here is because of Sarah. If Sarah had never been part of the scenario, Ghost wouldn't be part of this pack in a million years. She would have gone straight for Fesle's neck rather than the side of it, and she would be on a train by now. There was always a passion inside her to go out and adventure without her family, the need to conquer others would be a thing in the past. To be a lone wolf...she was, but it was in the security of humans controlling her body.

My body....from all of this drama, Ghost almost forgot what they were trying to do to her. Before shifting, there was a pause as she puts a hand on her stomach, where they put a lot of the needles. They didn't fully succeed in what they were trying to do, but whatever was in those needles is having an impact on her. Normally she's more controlled over her thoughts and emotions, is this because of Sarah or because of the injections? Even after shifting, she covers her stomach with her back legs. Sleep soon takes over her, overdoing the emotions and imaginations for just a moment.

Fesle looks down at the ground as the lady behind the register giggles at them. My first kiss was at a coffee shop- Maxwell just kissed me. As if taking mental notes so that she's forgets, as if that's possible. "How long have you two been together?" the lady asks naturally and Fesle takes Maxwell's arm to them out of the situation. "A few days." Fesle says honestly, but doesn't clarify that it's just the literal meaning of being together. "I...I um gave you a shot for extra energy, you parents probably never tapped into espresso shots so I didn't want to overbear you with jitters. The small amount of whip cream makes it smoother without it being a dessert. Cappuccinos are hot beverages that are made from foam milk." she explains, trying to focus explaining to Maxwell versus on what happened.

Watching them make the coffee bring her back to her teenage dreams but reminds herself that she isn't even close to having the finances to making her dream a reality. Besides, if this dream led her away from Maxwell and his pack, then she'd rather not have it anyway. Would Maxwell really be okay with it? She takes her cup and instantly feels the warmth of it through the paper sleeve. Steam comes out of the small hole provided to drink out of, blowing into it to cool it off as she lets Maxwell lead her out of the coffee shop. Her eyes flicker up to Maxwell and waits for his response, hoping that he'll like what she gave him. A satisfied, sparkling smile grows on her face, feeling like she's starting to know him like the back of her hand.

"Perhaps one day you'll be able to handle what I drink." she teases before taking a sip. The spices and sweetness of hazelnut blocks out the bitterness of espressos, many of them. Maxwell wouldn't be able to handle it because she's been drinking this stuff for years. A nap could easily come in an hour if she wanted too. Looking up at him, she notices a spec of whip cream on his beard. Without warning, she pulls a sleeve over her palm and wipes it off of him. It causes her to look at his lips once again, biting her own before looking away. The grip around her cup hardens as she takes multiple sips.

Neat, organized clothes, folded into small squares went into the bag so that you could see what they were and who they belonged too. The sweaters were more difficult to do that with and they took up a fair amount of space, but she left a few out for Ghost to pick from when she woke. Sarah then changed her own, blood stained shirt and gave her brother his sweater back before putting on one of the new ones. She was starting to feel far too drained to care for her injuries but using the shirt she just removed, changed the one that had been on her ribs before laying down and starting to fall asleep. Sarah slept sprawled out, one hand reaching towards Ghost who was only inches out of her grasp.

Lucas had kept his focus partially on his sister as he watched and waited for the other pair to return, but when he heard that both were breathing evenly, his attentions went fully to both of them and be sighed. They definitely needed a place to stay for a few days, the physical and emotional aspects of new pack mates plus the injuries some of them had, meant they needed the rest. But where was it even safe for them to rest? There, just on the edge of a line of trees, outside of a small town, not all too far away from the bigger city, were they even safe? Where were the humans likely hunting them? Where was the pack they got into a fight with? Why did everything have to change? Lucas used his sweater to wrap them around his sisters legs to help keep her warm, needing the little nip in the air to focus as he protected them.

Max gave a light laugh as she teased him over the differences of their drinks, there was a strong bitterness behind the sweet he tasted, he knew that. But that didn't stop it from being good and he smiled as he took another careful sip "Maybe. Depends how often we slip away into towns." He agreed, looking at Felse. He was caught of guard for a moment when she wiped something off of his face before biting her lip and it entices him. "Thank you." He says with a smile before he's clearing his throat. They walk a few steps, taking sips of the hot liquid before he's looking at her and says "Hey." Just to get her attention and then he's stealing a quick peck from her lips, hopefully letting her know that she can do the same. "So, supplies and then pack... They looked exhausted." He said, used to being awake for a few days at a time before he got to rest. "And... Sarah's getting slower. She needs to heal." He said, wondering if she knew about finding or making dens to take refuge in.

"Or, perhaps it's whenever I slip away from you." She attempts to be sly for her devotion for coffee. "I bet that I can sneak away from you wit ease, after all, I am a shadow, remember?" Their walk towards a pharmacy is amazing. The coffee, peaceful small streets, and not many people walking around- many would call this a date. But is it? When speaking to humans, how they view romance and dates sounds different than what she's feeling. Instead of butterflies in her stomach, it's more like her heart warms up just from being beside him. That even if the whole world was ending, the fact that he's breathing beside her makes it okay. Sarah's right, this is a type of instinct, but it's hard to explain since it's never happened to her. She wishes there was another werewolf that could explain to them what's happening.

Fesle hums towards Maxwell, shifting her focus when he calls out to her just to receive another kiss on the lips. These quick pecs do nothing but set her face ablaze and cause her so much confusion. This is what people dating do, but they technically can't date if it's all instincts, right? It feels natural to do this despite having only known each other a few days. Is this how it works? No, it can't be, the type of bond that gets this strong for humans normally takes months- years to get this close.

"Where do you think we should go for rest? Sarah can't take much more traveling but we need to blend in to get away from the military." Fesle opens the door to a random pharmacy, a ding exclaiming their entrance and a register man greeting them. Only nodding, she gets back to the subject as she looks for medicine, "Our options are either to push a bit further away from Queens and camp in the forest; or perhaps finding an abandoned building and staying out of sight." If they chose to go further, some might have to run ahead of them to find a vacant area and start building from there. On the other hand, if they stayed in a small town and hid, military normally don't expect werewolves to stay under human's noses. Plus they could earn temporary money and have close access to food.

Max can't get enough of that increased happiness he gets from the quick little moments of the kisses to Felse's lips. Whatever instinct that's part of their bond, it makes him happier and feel more whole when they kiss. Even the brief little moments like the one he just gave her. Was that how it was supposed to be, or was their more to it and they didn't know? Why hadn't they been taught about this part of the bonds? Why couldn't he just know what was going on between them? Whatever it was, it felt right.

"Well, we would need to find a town we can blend into easily." Max told her as they were walking into the building. He nearly knocked a display over because he forgot her backpack was on his back. He cursed and quickly apologized, walking far more aware of the bag on his back as they started to look for the medical supplies that they needed for Sarah. "I don't know if this town is big enough for us to hide in, or enough vacant buildings that us staying in one would go unnoticed." he said, trying to talk to her quietly but in the small space of the quiet store, their voices came out as loud. "We can try to set up a camp in the forest, but we'll be safer with a shelter. I can dig out a temporary den, or we can find a cave to use. Our parents always said to let the injured rest, they'll heal faster and stay safe. Especially a crucial member of... Of the family." he said, pausing for a moment to look over his shoulder at the man behind the counter.

"We can either try and stay here and hope for the best, but I think we're a little too close to Queens. But we can't keep safely pushing forwards and hope she'll heal, that one on the back of her leg is actually worse than she thinks." he said, holding out his half empty coffee to her. "Here. Can you hold this?" he asked of her, waiting for her to take it before he was bending down to look at the prices of the first aid kits. "How much do you have left?" he asked, wondering if they would be able to get the bigger one.

Fesle thinks about the options more clearly now that Maxwell gives opinions on the options. It's nice to talk to someone who listens to you and suggests things rather than just going with the flow. That was one thing that she'd occasionally get annoyed over when she traveled with humans. A lot could have been avoided if they would have communicated.

"Finding a cave or den that's been previously used sounds our best bet. Two of us are down for the count and aren't useful if things go South. It's easier for you and Lucas if we just take shelter in what nature gives us." Hating to admit it, but Ghost gave her a wound that would make just walking as a wolf difficult. All that weight on that area would make it heal slower. Unless a random wolf is bad at close combat, Fesle isn't much use until the wound at least scabs. "I recall a fall oak trees making a good hole in the ground if you want to try to go back to those."

Grabbing his coffee cup, she crouches low to look at the price, "I have enough for it, before I ventured to the wilderness I used to work in the city. The money I got out of it was handsome, you won't have to worry about my end for a few more months." That is, unless a hospital visit or pricey expenses surprise her, then she'll have to get a job again. "It's better to buy the bigger one than to get the small one, takes less trips to town too."

"I sent them Southwest, I'd like not to go back if we don't have too. Back tracking is good for losing whoever is following you, but it might be safer to keep pushing forwards." Max said, glad that she could cover the supplies because he barely had enough for half of it. "When we get back with the others, we can see how they're doing and if they're able to keep traveling. We might need stay close to here." he says, carefully standing back up with the large kit in his hands. He tucked it under an arm and gently took his coffee back from her. "So, when you fully heal, I want to be able to actually find out if you can just slip away from me like a shadow." he told her with a big smile as he leaned in to give her a peck on the cheek before turning to head over to the counter and slide the large kit up onto it. "Just this please sir." he says, taking a sip of his coffee before turning to Felse. He held out his hand for her to pull her close and wrap his arm around her shoulder protectively as she paid for the medical supplies. Thanking the man, he tucked it up under an arm and went to leave with her.

"So, we know the pack is safe at least, nothing feels wrong." Max said once they were back outside as they started to walk down the sidewalk. "Maybe they're resting." he said, giving her a smile as he raised the cup up to take another drink. "Maybe I can try some different coffee drinks." he added, another bit of the sweet drink stuck in the mustache of his beard. "I don't like how close we are to Queens. We got Ghost, but we attracted too much trouble, we were taught further was better, safer." Glancing at Felse, Max let out this heavy sigh before leaning over to give her a kiss on the cheek again. "Our parents taught us to hide, taught us to track and fight... They taught us when hiding, go as far as you can, as fast as you can. Find a place to hide and wait. When you track, you start as close to the start as you can, find a scent or trail and follow it, slowly going away from where you began... Go out in a spiraling circle if you can't find any trace... If this military is the safe, and they want Ghost back, we're too close to the place to be safe." he told her as they kept walking, explaining to her some of the extremes their parents went too raising them.

"We'd make games out of it, seeing who could go furthest before getting caught. See who could find others the fastest. We'd back track our scent trails all the time, but snow... Snow makes it both easier and harder. Easier to know where they went, but so much harder to follow a scent trail." he told her, offering her up a smile. "We still play tracking games sometimes, though it has been awhile. That's why I would love to be able to try and track you. Ever since you slipped away during the fight, I keep seeking out your scent. I keep looking for it and I focus on it." he told her, leaning closer to her so they bumped slightly as they walked. He took a sip of his coffee, and his nose crinkled a bit because it wasn't as warm so he downed the right of it as quickly as he could.

"If we can even take traveling." Fesle comments, humming as she tries to figure out a plan. If there's more of those nature-made dens on their way or if there's a cave nearby, that would be amazing. Fesle breaks her focus to chuckle, looking up at him with a daring smile. "I know I can slip away." she challenges before saying goodbye to the cashier.

As Fesle listens to Maxwell, she has to fight a giggle as she wipes another spot on his face. "Are you miscalculating your mouth or is this a beard thing?" she jokes. "We made it far enough from Queens, I think that wolf that followed us was blinded by anger. Tyson doesn't sound like the type of Alpha that would let his pack chase after us to this extreme. It's the military base that I'm worried about, their first voice of reason is that we'll be in the forest- that's what I'm concerned about." Finishing off her drink, she tosses it into a nearby trashcan but takes the lid off for the recycling bin.

To anyone else, these rules and regulations that their parents made for them would sound harsh or too much to handle. But to Fesle, she wishes she had one more year with her parents to know more on how to survive- who she was. Shoot, maybe she'd remember their faces at least. "They sound like great parents..." she comments before looking up at him. "I wonder what's Ghost childhood like...it's hard to pinpoint her thought process sometimes." and asking her sounds like she'll just get mocked at. If it wasn't for Sarah, Ghost probably would have torn the brothers to shreds for looking for their parents for so long. She didn't expect looking into Ghost's point of view would be so....difficult, especially when that point of view speaks of harsh words and murdering another wolf with hesitation.

"But I know how you feel," she starts after staring into the afternoon sky, "it seems foolish to think this, but I have a deep intuition that if we did split...I could find you...I just know it." All these questions need answers, but there's not been a werewolf that's come across as helpful and has only seek to protect their own territory. Is she supposed to be like this? Fighting anyone that dare comes close to them...no, that's what school would teach you not to be.

Max laughed "I don't know, maybe it is a beard thing." he says, reaching up to wipe at his mouth after her just in case. He hadn't ever worried so much about such things until they'd so boldly jumped into the river and he brought back a deer for them all to share. He had been sure he washed in the river after he had cleaned her, maybe, in the future they would groom each other with ease when they were covered in the blood. For now, he was just glad they were worrying about meals. He knew how long, and how far he could go on an empty stomach and now with more pack members around, he didn't want to have worry about that again. "Come on, I think its time we find out how the pack is doing." he said, copying what she did to throw away his empty cup before he was offering his free arm to her to hold as they made their way out of town and headed Southwest for that first line of trees.

It didn't take that long when they got to the trees to find that Ghost and Sarah were asleep, which made Max sigh heavily as he put the new first aid kit down and scratched at his bearded cheek. "We can't keep traveling." he decides, turning his attention back towards the small town they had just been in. "I don't like how close to Queens this is, but we might need to stay here for awhile, or push for the next town. But that means traveling like the humans... It would be faster and safer." he says, trying not to talk too loudly as he takes Felse's bag off his back to set down before he was sitting on a fallen log. "We can find each other as a pack, but, we need to be safe and only two of us can safely shift right now." he said, referring to himself and Ghost. Holding out his hand, he waited for Felse to take it before pulling her into his lap and kissing her cheek as he held her close. "What do you think we should do? Stay here, or keep going?" he asked, because she knew better than they did what the humans would end up doing.

Lucas had jumped up and spun around as soon as he heard footsteps, but he calmed and sat down when he saw and smelt who it actually was. He was very neatly making the base for a fire just in case they needed it as he listened to his brother mostly talk. Before Felse could get in there, he had to say something. "After what happened on their streets today, I don't think we can stay here. They attracted attention." he said, pointing with a stick at Sarah and Ghost. "But she needs to heal..." he made a gesture at his chest, where the gash on her side was "It looks worse than when she first bandaged it." he then fell silent, because he didn't actually have final say and even though he helped care for and protect the pack, it was ultimately up to Max and Felse. Something inside told him as much.

When they got back to the rest of the pack, Fesle immediately focuses on Ghost and Sarah's state. Ghost is fine of course, but Fesle doesn't know if today's outburst will be her last; knowing what she's capable of doesn't help either. As long as Sarah's with them, she at least knows she won't do anything drastic. But Sarah....it hurts to look at her bandages that bulk through her clothes. No doubt if they tried traveling on feet the wounds would open back up. As Fesle sat on Maxwell's lap and listened to the brothers, she took note of traveling on bus. It would be risky because bus equals cameras...but they just need one city over to feel better about their safety.

The moment she tries to think like a wolf, she has to take three steps back to go back to her human ways. She wants to stick with how werewolves do it- how the Crescents parents did it- but she has a gut urge that it won't end well. There's only five of them and hundreds of military men at the expense of the country, not to mention hunters that can lurk through the woods at any time. With that, Fesle takes a deep breath before making a decision.

"We need to take a bus to the next town, avoiding the forest because that's where humans will look for us. As I said before, they don't expect to look under their noses in this situation. It's too soon for the military to be spreading any type of information about us, in fact, they won't. The police are normally the ones to spread what we look like and where we are." Fesle stands up and looks back into the city. "If I'm being honest with you, I'd say we take the bus route and see how far it takes us. It'll give Sarah time to heal because we won't be moving around. Two birds with one stone." She goes to grab her bookbag and look for her money. Counting the cash in the zip lock bag, "There's late night bus rides that travel far, even when it's late at night. It'll cost a good bit total, but we have to get far from here. Once we get off, we need to stick to the woods until the military looses hope on finding us."

As they're talking, they wake up Ghost, not due to them being loud but simply because she's a light sleeper. Shifting into human form, she looks down at Sarah as everyone speaks on where to go. It's when she's awake does she notice that Sarah's hand is out towards her, unconsciously trying to have her in her grasp. Ghost's hand slides slowly before placing it in hers and she's damn well never going to tell her she did this when she wakes up. "I'm with Jester for once," Ghost mumbles in a groggy tone, "we can't travel, bus seems to be the only way we can. You don't want me to see a man in uniform either, I'll give them a reason to chase us." Ghost makes them take note of the fact that she will kill them if she sees them. After all they've done to her, she already has a plan on what she'll do to them.

Max lets out a deep sigh as he listens to the pack, to his brother, Felse and Ghost. He closes his eyes and reaches a hand up to rub at his eyes with his pointer finger and thumb. "Then that's the plan. For Sarah's sake, when night falls we travel back to the town and the five of us will catch a bus to the furthest destination the money will get us." he says, reaching into his pocket for the money and producing what they had left along with the bag of chips. He looks surprised before laughing and tossing the bag his brothers way before he's giving the money to Felse to add to what she has. "That's all we have left." he tells her, his arms still around her to hold her close and keep her on his lap. "We've never been on a bus before... We've never traveled in vehicles before to be honest." he confesses, glad that at least two members of his pack knew about them and how to behave on them.

Lucas growls slightly as Ghost calls him a Jester again, but he knows there are few things that you can call a Beta in a deck of cards, so once again he chooses not to rise to the bait because she's on his side of keeping his sister safe. "The further we get, the safer we're all going to be." he decides, carefully opening the bag of chips as quietly as he can. "She's been asleep since she organized the rucksack, left your sweaters out, incase you wanted them instead of wearing one of ours." Lucas tells Ghost, putting a chip into his mouth.

"I have something for you." Max says softly to Felse, using his foot to pull the duffle bag closer to them. "See if you can find it." he tells her with a big smile. "I was going to wait until later, but since we'll be traveling." he tells her with a bit of a shrug, ignoring the pack because for now, they're safe right where they are and it won't take all too long before its dark. He's watching her with careful, bright silvery eyes as he waits to know if she's glad he got, or if she'll be upset.

In her sleep, Sarah had unconsciously grasped Ghost's hand when she felt her take it. But she didn't wake. Much like her brother, she had pushed herself without telling anyone how tired she actually was and had hid it well until the emotional confrontation in the town. Like their father, she was terrible when it came time to actually take care of and heal herself.

Fesle nods with a small smile, containing the gratitude that she's being listened to. For so long it's only been her and when she first met the triplets, she was such a discombobulation. Slipping into rushing waters and since then she had felt like a burden, that she couldn't give them anything in return. To be frank, Fesle didn't expect to act any different with werewolves, of course she was going to feel like she had no voice or freedom. But since then, she's grown rapidly into her role, the "Queen" as Ghost calls it. Though it's not really a term she'd use, it's sounds prideful compared to her humble lifestyle of putting others first. It's thanks to Maxwell, his energy makes her keep trying and she isn't positive for herself anymore but for the rest of the pack.

"They're not scary at all, the nighttime buses are a lot quieter than during the daytime. Don't expect people to try to make conversations with us, which in our scenario, is probably a good thing. The less we conversate to other people on the bus, the less likely they'll remember us in case police start scoping." Fesle smiles as she places a hand on Maxwell's shoulder. "It's actually rather exciting, you don't have to worry about your stamina, safety, making a good impression- just sit in a chair and let the bus take you anywhere." There's been some good memories on the bus, but also really bad ones too. One time a guy stole partial of her money and that's why she now has it in a zip lock bag. Putting that on the table would just make Maxwell anxious, she needs to keep things on the bright side until everything mellows out.

Ghost can't help but smirk whenever Lucas growls, that alone gives her the satisfaction. It's nice to still have that annoying touch despite being away from her siblings for so long.....Her siblings...that she'll never be able to speak to again, they're all gone. "Of course I want my clothes, you ever smell yourself?" Ghost gets out of her thoughts as she reluctantly lets go of Sarah's hand to grab her stolen items. Slowly getting up to not wake up Sarah, Ghost hugs her clothes and starts walking into the forest. "I'll be back." she'd rather not change in front of them and to actually take a bath this time. Last time she used it as an excuse to get Sarah all those herbs.

Fesle watches Ghost leave before her attention easily set back onto the person she's sitting on. As the duffle bag moves closer to her, she raises a brow at him and what he could be planning. Remembering that the dress in the thrift store disappeared, she shoots Maxwell a glance. "If it's what I think it is, I'm not speaking to you." she teases as she opens the duffle bag. Having to stabilize herself on Maxwell's knee, she scrambles through the supplies and clothes to find a familiar floral design.

Pulling it out from the bag, she stares at it in awe and has to stop herself from yelling at Maxwell for buying it for her. He doesn't have a lot of money and still bought it for me...oh Max. Figuring out whether or not she should scold him or thank him, it's mixed into a crossfire as she just settles on kissing his cheek. It feels odd to kiss a cheek with a beard, very different from pecking the human that raised her. His scent the closest it's ever been to her and it makes her have to jump off his lap. "I'm putting it on, but you better not buy my anything else Maxwell Crescent." she tries to scold him but it's not believable past her smile and bubbly persona. With that, she jogs off away from them to try on this dress.

Max's hands move to hold onto Felse so she doesn't fall, smiling when he watches her face. It's one of wonder, mixed with a bit of annoyance or perhaps anger at him. But still, that pure moment of joy when she saw the dress was what he had been hoping for. "I thought you weren't speaking to me." he teased when she got up off of him and started deeper into the trees. He had the biggest grin on his face because she had kissed his cheek and he knew that he had done good. "I also make no promises not to buy anything!" he called after her, leaning back before he quickly looked towards his sister to make sure she was still sleeping. He let out a puff of air because she hadn't woke, but he dug through their bag for one of his nicer shirts. A button up, navy in colour and well taken care of, though a little faded. He draped his sweater on the log and changed his shirt before standing up and trying to tame his hair and beard as he waited for Felse, watching where she had vanished into the trees.

Lucas snorted "At least I smell like nature." he retorted, though he didn't mean much by it. Her sweeter scent wasn't all that bad, if a bit over powering. It wasn't for him, though he could tolerate it. He watched her go, hoping she brought the sweater back with her and he didn't need to go hunt it down. He put another chip in his mouth, he turned his attention back to what was going on around him before realizing it was a moment meant for the difference in the bond between Felse and Max. He rolled his eyes, looking away as he felt that burn of jealously as he got up and move away from them to sit on the ground on the other side. He was starting to feel like he didn't belong in his own pack any more.

Sarah grumbled and squirmed, shifting onto her side when Max shouted. She was starting to wake up, and shifting onto her side had done it, though she didn't move as she listened to what was going on around her. She couldn't smell Ghost as strongly as she had when she fell asleep, but she could tell that she wasn't far, could still smell her so she just stayed where she was until she heard and smelt Lucas move. The loud audible crunch of chips made her open her eyes and look at him, she hissed softly in pain as she pushed herself up into a seated position to reach her hand out for a few. Pulling up her shirt, she checked on her wound for a moment before she asked in a sleep laden voice "Can someone hunt for something to eat?"

Going far away from the pack, Fesle didn't want to take the chance that any of them would see her. Hiding behind a tree for extra measure, she starts taking off the clothes she's worn longer than she wanted to. It takes longer due to her only being able use one of her arms to get everything off. The wound isn't as throbbing and painful as it was hours ago, but she'd rather not take her chances and assume it's not sensitive anymore. Crossing her fingers, she puts on the dress and is thankful that it fits. The thin belt gives her a bit of definition in her pear-shaped body but not enough for it to be tight against her, perfect! Finishing it off, she takes a scrunchie from the pants on the forest floor to put her hair up in a high ponytail. Letting a few pieces fall from it, she makes her way back to the pack with the old clothes in her hand.

The amount of time it takes for Fesle to change is the same amount it took Ghost to bathe and change clothes. The river wasn't deep, barely reaching her hips, but it was all she needed to get everything off of her. The blood dissipates into the water and the scent from the military begins to drift away with the current. The only smell that stays on her is the scent of Sarah and some fragments of the others. It's not something she's used to because her family all have the same smell of red wine. Knowing it's going to take some of smelling like a cocktail of others, she hopes that Sarah stays the strongest. Lucas' scent just smells dumb to her.

Dunking her head is the last thing she does in the water to get rid of the last specks of blood and to wash her hair. Well, letting it in the water is the only washing she does to it. Not having a towel leaves her to dry herself off with the sweater of the brothers and Fesle's leggings. She puts on her shorts, thick sweater, and boots. What she didn't show anyone are the fishnets she managed to grab, though it would be nice, she isn't in the mood to wear them just yet. Grabbing all her stuff, she heads back to the pack.

Fesle and Ghost comb back around the same time. Ghost drops the damp clothes at Lucas' feet, "You look glum," Ghost pushes her wet hair back with one hand, "somebody will like your scent, patience young one." she teases before going back to Sarah. "Why are you awake?" asking bluntly with a growing scolding gaze. If the reason being that she went to go bathe she's going to kick Sarah again.

Fesle looks at the rest of the pack before laying her eyes on Maxwell. It's sort of embarrassing to wear a dress after so many years, last time was probably in high school. Dresses are meant for all ages but she feels like a kid. Knowing that she can't wear this for a long time because it'll bound to get dirty, she takes it in before making a twirl. The floral design on its light cloth lift in the wind from her small effort of a twirl. "You look great." Fesle comments, trying to get the attention off of her. She holds her hands behind her back and drags one foot against the dirt ground, waiting for him to respond.

Sarah carefully sat up and was leaning heavily against the log she had been sitting on before, but her attention turned towards the trees only a few moments before Ghost appeared. She offered up a large smile to her despite the chip that she had just popped into her mouth. Her smile didn't last long though because of the question and she instead pouted adorably up at her "I don't know... I was hungry." she said, unable to actually answer the question because she didn't actually know why she woke up. Maybe it had to do with the loud shout, or if it had been the crunch of chips. Maybe it was that she was actually hungry, or that Ghost wasn't as close as she would have liked. She literally didn't know. "No, not was hungry. Am hungry." Sarah added before her eyes fell to the clothes that were in Ghost's hand. "Oh, here, I'll put those away." she told her, yawning tiredly as she held out her hands to put the clothes away in their bag. Sarah tried not to smile at the thought, but hints of it was there, making her blue eyes bright as she stared up into misty grey.

Lucas grumbled softly, stuffing a few too many chips into his mouth when Ghost dropped clothes at his feet while giving her a glare as she said that he would find someone drawn to him by scent. He just shook his head as he finished crunching what was in his mouth, standing up and going to drop what was left in the bag beside his sister before he was picking up the wet clothes. His nose crinkled at the over powering scent of Ghost on both, and he snorted before shaking it out and looking for a stick to use to hang it in the hopes of allowing it to dry some before they left. He still hadn't started a fire because he knew they weren't going to be staying long enough to warrant one. He let out a heavy sigh as he sat down away from the pack, staring off towards the town as he scratched at the bandage on his face before starting to pry it off. It was starting to bother him and his injury wasn't as bad as the others, but he still didn't plan to shift any time soon because he would not get on his sisters bad side.

Max was watching the trees and knew that Felse was getting close before she even got there. He shot up to his feet as she walked towards them, smoothing his sweaty palms down the front of his shirt, trying to dry them and smooth it out. He looked struck as he gazed at her, completely taken as he ignored their pack in favour of looking her over and taking her in. The little twirl that she did, did him in and he took a step towards her and tripped, nearly taking a nose dive as he quickly caught himself and straightened up to give her a huge grin. "Nah, you look beautiful... Stunning." he told her, slowly walking over to her and gently taking her hands into his own. "I know you didn't like I spent money on this, but I had too, I saw the way you looked at it." he told her softly, pulling her close as he looked down into her eyes. "Before we have to go catch the bus, I want some more time that's just us." he says to her softly, leading her a bit away from the back and holding her close to him. He barely knew how to dance, but he was holding her to him as they started to sway as he looked down into her eyes.

Last edited:
Ghost had to admit that she's adorable when she pouts, but has to act like it's annoying because for anyone else it would be. The fact that she's the exception to Ghost's pet peeves and she knows it pisses her off in a way. Then again, it's almost like a little game they begin to play as Ghost pretends she doesn't notice the way she's enticing her. "You're hungry huh, why don't you go hunt- oh yeah, that's right. You're still wounded and didn't sleep it off." Ghost puts her index finger into Sarah's forehead roughly. When she lifts off Sarah there's a red circle on her forehead, making her smile a tad. Her skin is so soft.

"Fine, I'll get food," Ghost looks over at Maxwell and Fesle and almost gags, "apparently I'm the only one going to." she mumbles softly. Adjusting her hair still, she walks past Fesle and quietly comments, "You look almost not horrifying." Saying it through her teeth makes Fesle growl in her direction in a discreet manner. One minute we're find and the next she's ready to bite into me again...I can't win. Ghost is about to shift in her form but catches Lucas in her line of sight. Apparently she's not the only one that's getting grossed out by this mushy business. Her body flinches for her to keep going, but seeing his tinge of jealousy and misery is sad to watch. "Hey Jester, you're coming to hunt or not? Unless you want me to one up you at game too." Not wanting to seem like she's being nice, she goes on to shift in her light colored form and runs off. If he wants to follow he can, she doesn't care.

Ignoring Ghost in favor at staring at Maxwell, she happily takes his hands in hers, her cheeks red at this point. When he almost plummeted to the ground, it took every inch of her to not laugh, but a big amused smile stays on her face. "Thank you Max, but you still didn't have to." her heart and mind races, for once is speechless by it. This has never happened to her, men have been seen as attractive at times but never like this. His smile makes her smile, her reflection in his eyes is engulfing, his scent intoxicating. It would take a lot for him to make her go away, but she didn't fall into this, she walked right in.

Felse takes in a deep breath, doing her best to not hide behind her hair like she has before. In a state of bliss, it's hard for her to speak, just wanting to feel this moment. Willingly letting him take her away from the group, she doesn't worry that he'll pull anything funny. It's not like him, she's only known him for a few days but she knows she's not wrong. Besides, Sarah and Lucas probably beat that out of him long time ago- if it ever existed. As they sway, she has to speak in order for her mind to stop going a mile a second.

"So, what imaginary song are we dancing to?" Fesle jokes in a quiet, silk tone. "Though the birds and car horns are beautiful, it's better for the sake of me having a beat." Joking is the only thing that can distract her from her whole body heating up at this point. Her hands quiver every so often as she holds onto him. Waiting and listening to his response, Fesle continues. "This feels like a movie or a dream...I've never been in this situation before." she's honest at least. "I feel like this would be the part where the two get closer...and share a kiss." she dares say it with such boldness. "But, in a way, you stole my first kiss Maxwell, and theft is a crime. So, you better expect that whenever I ever return the favor it's going to be just as unpredictable as you had done it." A smirk shows on her lips, "And I'm the Queen, so whatever I say goes, got it?"

"Nope, you're on your own, we can have a hunt some other time." Lucas calls after Ghost as she watches her go to hunt. He then lets out this heavy sigh and falls back off of the log he's sitting on to stare up at the sky. He was getting bored and he's only ever been bored like this a few times in his life. Staring up at the sky to watch it and wait for night fall.

Sarah could only look up at Ghost as she walked over to her, telling her that she couldn't hunt and needed to sleep for longer, to properly heal. And she knew that. She frowned and reached up to rub her forehead when she pulled her finger away "We've been on the move a lot to stay safe, it's hard to rest." she said, using that a her excuse even though she knew that she could make her brothers stay in one place, she had been focused on making sure that they kept moving to keep Ghost safe. "Thank you!" she called after her, watching her go with a big grin before she was reorganizing their bag to make sure everything still fit when she noticed the new first aid kit. Finding a place for it, she found their bag had little room for anything else. Seeing that no one was even paying attention to her, and feeling safe she opened that new kit to start redressing her wounds properly. Sarah was partially aware of where Ghost was in the woods nearly the entire time. She knew which direction to go in if she had to find her, and something about that instinct intrigued her, so as her hands did her healer work without thought, she was focused on this new thing she discovered.

Max smiled as he moved slowly with Felse, he was holding her the way he had seen his father hold his mother. He had an arm around her waist, one of her hands in his and swaying as he went slowly in a circle with her. "I don't know what it's called." he told her honestly, giving her a bit of a smile. "I... Dad would hum it to Mom on the cold mornings when it was raining while their coffee was brewing, he'd hum to her when it was snowing so bad we couldn't take two steps out the door without letting it inside." he told her, letting her know that this was more than likely the only song that he knew. It was probably the only music that he knew. Clearing his throat, you could tell that he was nervous as he started to hum. The uncertainty was in his tone and he was obviously trying to stay as quiet as possible. But he couldn't just hum as softly like his father. He started to sing very quietly to her by her ear, knowing every word because his mother would sing as they danced. "Try as I may I could never explain, what I hear when you don't say a thing." he kept singing as he moved with her, closing his eyes as they danced. For nearly four minutes, it was like they were the only ones there. It felt like the most natural thing in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back