• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Find A Career In Fear (Spoiler free Chainsaw Man RP)

Under Dunder

Our world has become one brimming with fear. One where courage can be hard to find. One where tragedy has made its home.” The 41st president of the United states of America stated as he addressed the people of the world in an audience following a term marked by tragedy.​

In 1992 the 25th olympic games held in Barcelona were canceled after an unidentified devil attacked the Palau Sant Jordi Arena killing spectators and contestants.

The UN discussed the continued threat of the radiation devil that 6 years prior spawned out of the rubble and debris of the Chernobyl nuclear plant.

An Indiana news organization ran stories on widespread sightings and reports of a UFO devil abducting cattle and residents of the American midwest.

And the D-SEC, Devil Surveillance and Eradication Consortium, the brainchild of the US Army, FBI and the now defunct BDI (Bureau of devil intelligence), launched an all new recruitment campaign in hopes of gathering both native and international talent to protect the US and it’s allies from devils and fiends. This is where you find yourself, cleared and ready for work in the line of duty with the single highest mortality rate of any job.

So yeah, this is a Chainsaw man alternate universe/timeline RP! Rather than in Japan it takes place in the US starting in the year 1992, and instead of working under Public Safety our characters are employed by the D-SEC. The information above is a taste test of what can be done within the limits of the Chainsaw man universe, and as the examples show I’m looking for this RP to be as grimdark juxtaposed with silly nonsense as the original manga/anime is! I have no desire to try and imitate the genius of the original author, but I have hopes it will at least be fun!

-This is a simple interest check, and I’m looking forward to fleshing this out more, but some additional information so far;

-This RP will refrain from mentioning or acknowledging any events, characters or plot points from the original manga and anime, this will leave room to be as creative as we want while not discouraging those who don’t want to be exposed to any spoilers!

-I’m keeping the suited up look. Why? It’s just that cool.

-I’ll also be keeping the “buddy system” where characters work in pairs but belong to a larger team of sorts.

-Our characters, being devil hunters, will be able to have preexisting as well as make new contracts with various devils, so be creative with powers and concepts!

-You’ll also have the choice to have your character be a veteran hunter within the organization, a complete newbie, perhaps you work in HR, perhaps you file paperwork. If the position exists within a comparable organization, I'm leaving the options open!

-Character sheets will be submitted in the form of a D-SEC “agent profile form” that I will provide if there is interest in the RP, but please start drafting a character, and as I said feel free to BE CREATIVE!

-I also welcome everyone to be a part of designing and steering the story and alternate timeline of this world!

Thank you for any interest, Best regards Under Dunder.

As fan of Chainsaw Man and an enjoyer of Alternate Realities, this has piqued my interest! Sign me up for D-SEC!

Really been meaning to get into the series, but id be up for the RP. Likely would have my character be a fish out of water type as i finally get into the series to explain my lack of knowledge of the series.

Likely go with a Hybrid-Devil (from checking wiki), as for the fear concept...had an Idea of a Love Devil or Unknown Devil.

As fan of Chainsaw Man and an enjoyer of Alternate Realities, this has piqued my interest! Sign me up for D-SEC!
Fantastic, thank you!

Really been meaning to get into the series, but id be up for the RP. Likely would have my character be a fish out of water type as i finally get into the series to explain my lack of knowledge of the series.

Likely go with a Hybrid-Devil (from checking wiki), as for the fear concept...had an Idea of a Love Devil or Unknown Devil.
We'll figure it out! You'll probably need to be briefed on just a few details about the universe in order to write a character that exists within it, but the "fish out of water" type will work out great since I imagine a lot of the organizations work would be highly classified information not available to the general public. Thank you for showing interest!

Yeah its been on my list of things to watch, but while RP's i can write while doing other stuff, only have so much time to sit and watch shows...and have a BIG backlog

hell yeah!! so down for this- obsessed with chainsaw man at the moment!! i'd definitely have a character under the newbie category! :]

Seems super interesting! Really like the series so this would be fun

I can't believe this is the first CSM RP I've ever seen. I'll give it a shot~

Interested! I do have one question, though: How do you intend for the actual Devils to be handled? My immediate thought is that we're essentially making two characters [the hunter and the Devil they're contracted with], but I may as well ask on the chance that you've something different in mind.

About time somebody made a CSM RP.

My thought exactly!

Interested! I do have one question, though: How do you intend for the actual Devils to be handled? My immediate thought is that we're essentially making two characters [the hunter and the Devil they're contracted with], but I may as well ask on the chance that you've something different in mind.

Yeah, my thought is that every person plays their character as well as their contracted devil, the devils we fight/interact with will be played be us collectively. I'm also thinking everyone will be buddied with another player and their devil in order to creative a more dynamic roleplay!

How many episodes does it take to get a basic idea of the world? Not sure how slow rolling the lore dump is in the anime/manga.

How many episodes does it take to get a basic idea of the world? Not sure how slow rolling the lore dump is in the anime/manga.

To get a real basic grasp of it all I would say 3 episodes, as a major character talks about how the devil power system works in this episode! But if you want more info about contracts and how they work that's explained further in episode 5-6 somewhere : )

To get a real basic grasp of it all I would say 3 episodes, as a major character talks about how the devil power system works in this episode! But if you want more info about contracts and how they work that's explained further in episode 5-6 somewhere : )
I will watch up to episode 6 and get back to you as soon as possible. I hear the series was inspired by FLCL so I'm totally game for this.

Though I don't really know the universe, I do have an idea I like for it, so interested.

Is this potentially still accepting? I'm not familiar with the Chainsaw Man but the concept sounds interesting.

Few people were the same and literally watched the series after joining discord (Myself as well)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back