• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

ethanlefeb

eternally a weeb in denial
Help me, I installed Final Fantasy XIV and now I've been unable to stop spending my money on mounts and fantasias.

Hello, there!
First things first, I haven't actually used this site in a while, so bare with me as I come to grips with the particulars of it. That beings aid, I've got a whole lot of feelings about this stupid game and a lot of inspiration to start doing some writing with it, so I'll get started with a little preamble of stuff you should know OOC before heading on in, and then we can get into characters and ships I'd like to do!
First and foremost, I tend to end up more invested in shippy roleplays, but that is not at all to try to discourage you from suggesting more platonic stuff! Eorzea is a really fun setting to goof off in, and with the colorful cast of characters we've got to work with, I am absolutely open to coming up with an adventure for our characters to go into and then going wild!
Secondly, I tend to try to reply as fast as possible, but I've been going through some rough romantic stuff in my real life and as a result it's left me kind of emotionally turbulent. If my mood drops and then I forget I owe you a reply, don't hesitate to let me know!
And thirdly, as I know some people tend to be more or less comfortable with certain age ranges, I'm 20! I'm not personally comfortable roleplaying romantic content with anyone under 18, either.

Now, primarily, I'm looking to play as the Warrior of Light! The WoL being more-or-less the same sort of 'techncially canon but mostly OC' territory that the Fallout protagonists do, though, I feel it's probably prudent to give all of you a little bit of a summary of my particular Warrior of Light, so that you know whether or not you're interested in interacting with him!
His name is Dadazan Yoyolan, and he is a Dunesfolk Lalafell, who took up the lance and became a Dragoon upon his return to Eorzea, after the Seventh Umbral Calamity
rained destruction upon Eorzea and moved his family elsewhere in an effort to try to recover.
Basic stuff.

As with most hero figures, he possesses a certain air of quiet self-confidence, doing his best to spread hope and prosperity by lending a hand whenever he can. And, again, like most hero figures, there is an undeniable sense of apprehension and anxiety underneath that apparent self-confidence, a feeling like he can't /quite/ live up to everyone's lofty expectations of him, all topped off with a small, unconscious desire to return to the old days when all he had to worry about was earning enough Gil to pay for a room and a warm meal, aiding farmers and the Gridanian Militia with their no doubt important, but hardly world-ending troubles.
When he's comfortable (most often in the presence of his closest allies), though, it's easy for Dadazan to shake this in favor of a more true-to-life personality. Still very much friendly and amicable, but much easier to draw excitement from, which usually results in him rambling about something he's especially interested in until he ends up apologetic and flustered.

Now, I am, of course, entirely open to focusing primarily on fun plot-focused adventure stuff... But at the same time, I can hardly shirk away from the potential for shipping. And wouldn't you know it, I've got a few in mind, here!
Namely...

WoL/Exarch
WoL/Alisaie
WoL/Y'shtola

I really can't go into detail on why I love WoL/Exarch without spoiling a TON for Shadowbringers, so I'll leave that for potential OOC discussion. That being said, Alisaie is definitely harboring some hero worship-y crush sort of thing on the WoL ever since Stormblood, and I'm always a sucker for that sort of thing.
And as for WoL/Y'shtola, I will admit, that one's mostly just self-indulgent, because I really love Y'shtola.

But, of course, with FFXIV comes the potential for OTHER Warriors of Light!
If you have a WoL you wanna pair up with this small lad, I'd love to hear about them so we can work something out! At the end of the day, the sky's the limit!

Ahh, I'd love to pick this up with you! Given I haven't reached Shadowbringers yet (but I will once the EW early access drops 👀), I may be limited by a bit, but I think it all could work!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back