• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles?

Flooberoid

Boopmaster General
This idea is still very much a work in progress. I don't even know how complex I want to go with things like the battle system and the family trades and such, but the basic plan is this:

Centuries ago, a meteor struck your world and forever changed the course of life on the planet. The crash site rapidly began seeping a toxic miasma which encroached around the globe, killing all who inhaled it. Monsters, immune to the miasma, began to thrive in the lands now uninhabited by people. However, one flicker of hope still remained for the people of this world: The crystals. Each crystal was found to produce a barrier around itself which could prevent the miasma from creeping inside. Gradually, settlements formed around the larger crystals, and the people lived in relative peace.

Unfortunately, the crystals' power is not limitless. In order to keep the barrier strong, the crystals must be purified once a year with a mystical substance known as myrrh. Each settlement now holds a tradition of sending a caravan out with a chalice containing a small crystal for protection. These brave adventurers are to challenge the monster-infested, miasma-covered world and collect enough myrrh to fight off the miasma for another year.

Your group of two to four adventurers is one of these chosen caravans sent to collect myrrh for the protection of the town of Tipa. I myself will be GMing the adventure, but I will not play a character in the caravan personally. Most I'll do is maybe control your moogle companion. I expect to stay faithful to some aspects of the original game, such as having myrrh trees go dry and force you to adventure further out each year for myrrh, while tossing out other tedious and "video gamey" mechanics, like the chalice elements used for crossing miasma streams.

Like I said at the top, this idea is early in development and I've got a lot of work to do if it's going to run smoothly while remaining interesting. Work that I would rather not do if nobody is interested in the first place. ^^'

I'm interested but what are the requirements or expectations you're going to have in place for role players?

Last edited:
Do you have posting requirements? Rules? Expectations for the role players?
I mean, you would be required to follow board rules, obviously. I'll also expect anyone who joins to be active (posting at minimum once every three days, unless either the storyline specifically excludes them at that time or they announce in OOC that they won't be able to post). Other than that common sense covers it. Act realistically within the universe and don't infringe on other players. I think I'm gong to make this into a dice based project with random elements.

I mean, you would be required to follow board rules, obviously. I'll also expect anyone who joins to be active (posting at minimum once every three days, unless either the storyline specifically excludes them at that time or they announce in OOC that they won't be able to post). Other than that common sense covers it. Act realistically within the universe and don't infringe on other players. I think I'm gong to make this into a dice based project with random elements.

Thanks for the clarifications. I'll have to pass on my interest, but I do appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions.

I take it that you would be removing the restrictions on magic then? Truth be told, that universe only allows very limited magical power so it could be completely functional to have everyone skilled in one element as a byproduct of being raised in Tipa while studying others would be optional.

On a side note, I'm interested in what I see so far.

I take it that you would be removing the restrictions on magic then? Truth be told, that universe only allows very limited magical power so it could be completely functional to have everyone skilled in one element as a byproduct of being raised in Tipa while studying others would be optional.

On a side note, I'm interested in what I see so far.

On magic:
I'm planning on each character having a certain level of understanding in each type of magic, allowing better magic use among Yukes, average among Clavats, and comparatively weak among Selkies and Lilties. The magicites seen in the original game would appear, but would not be required to cast magic; instead, if the caravan finds one, someone will be able to improve their affinity for a magic type. Fusions between different characters' skills are a big part of the original experience, and I would like to eventually include them... but for now I'm focusing on striking a balance between having a system of defined yet flexible rules for individuals, so forgive me if the system doesn't sound fully fleshed out as of now.

On magic:
I'm planning on each character having a certain level of understanding in each type of magic, allowing better magic use among Yukes, average among Clavats, and comparatively weak among Selkies and Lilties. The magicites seen in the original game would appear, but would not be required to cast magic; instead, if the caravan finds one, someone will be able to improve their affinity for a magic type. Fusions between different characters' skills are a big part of the original experience, and I would like to eventually include them... but for now I'm focusing on striking a balance between having a system of defined yet flexible rules for individuals, so forgive me if the system doesn't sound fully fleshed out as of now.
That sounds like a solid basis for a working system. What I've seen so far impresses me. It takes time and effort to produce quality and you're putting both where it counts. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back