• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Fight For This Love

Carmen fumbles with her keys outside of their small house and silently cursed when it took longer than she wanted it to to find the front door key while she stood in the freezing cold. She’d been gone for two weeks with work for a dance production but finally she was home to her other half and best friend as well as their dog and she couldn’t wait to see him. She knew he’d been busy with matches all week but she didn’t know that he’d been being beaten all week as well so when she got inside finally and took her coat off, the sight of his bloodied denim jacket in the closet made her start to panic. “Jon!” She called loudly.

Jon winces a little as he cleaned up the cut below his right eye. He hears Carmen calling for him and sighs softly. She was not gonna like this. He hobbled down the stairs and over to her, a slight limp evedent as well as the many cuts a bruises littering the skin she could see. “Hey babe.” He murmurd and watches her. He goes over and kisses her cheek softly.

She frowned and stepped over to him. “Jon What happened?” She asked him worriedly and checked him over gently. “I thought we talked about this?” She asked him. She worked as a ballerina and he was a boxer but they were trying to save money. She wanted kids and if he kept going this way then they would never find the right time.

Jon sighs softly. “I can’t help how the fights turn out.” He mutters and watches her. “I’m fine I promise.” He murmurs softly and watches her with a smile. “How was work?”

She sighed a little and kissed him gently. “It was okay... still not being paid very well.” She muttered. “It’ll be enough to cover the rent.” She told him quietly and slipped her arms around him carefully “I just want you to be careful. I don’t want to get another phone call that you’ve been knocked out and they’re worried about brain damage.” She sighed quietly.

Jon sighs softly and wraps his arms around her. “Im careful, but it pays the bills Carmen.” He murmurs and moves some hair out of her face. “I’m not quoting anytime soon.” He mutters and kisses the top of her head.

She sighed but nodded and went to drop her bags off upstairs then came back down in comfy clothes and slipped her arms around him. “I missed you yknow.”

Jon smiles a little and kisses her head softly. “I missed you too darling.” He murmurs and kisses her cheek. He smiles and leads her to the couch, taking a seat and pulling her onto his lap.

She smiled tiredly and rest her head on his shoulder. “Mmm... Jon where’s the TV?” She asked as she stared at a blank wall frowning some.

Jon bites his lip softly and rubs her back gently. “I may or may not have lost it in a poker game.” He grumbles. He had played some high stakes poker, knowing they needed the money with the way his fights had been going. He had been doing good, really good and he got a big head.

She frowned but just nodded and took in a deep breath before pulling away from him. “I thought we agreed to stop with the gambling.” She mumbled standing up to go and get some water

Jon frowns and watches her. “I know I’m sorry. Just these fights have been going bad and I’m not getting enough money to keep our heads above water.” He mutters and places his head in his hands. He hated when he couldn’t take care of her. Felt like such a failure.

She frowned and went back over to him, straddling his hips. “I lost my brother to gambling and I’m not losing you too. You understand me?” She mumbled and kissed him softly. “We will get ourselves out of this mess but it just might take a little longer than we would like okay?” She murmured. “But I’m not going anywhere long as I got my man.” She smiled tiredly at him.

Jon sighs softly and kisses her gently. “Go get some sleep.” He murmurs softly and caresses her cheek gently. “I’ll be up soon.”

She frowned a little but nodded and kissed his palm before heading up to bed, curling up under the covers and falling asleep.

Jon watches her leave and sighs. He locks up the house and gets some water before heading up. He crawls into bed with her and wraps her tightly in his arms, falling asleep.

She woke up early in the morning and got up to go start her daily routine with yoga and then came back home and went up to take a shower seeing Jon had already left for the day as well and once she’d had a bit of breakfast she walked across town to the gym he trained at to go spend some time with him in one way or another. “Hey mike!” She called to his coach and went over to see him. She’d grown up with mike and his wife, her coach, and so going to the gym was always like going home.

Mike smiles at her and gives her a hug. “Hey there.” He murmurs and rubs her shoulder softly. “How was the tour?” He asks and throws some paperwork in the desk to deal with later.

Jon heads out of the locker room and smiles when he sees her. He heads over and scoops her up, spinning her around a little. “Hey baby.” He murmurs and kisses her softly. He sets her down and keeps her close.

She smiled some and shrugged. “It was okay, wasn’t exactly a first class thing.” She mumbled and leaned back against Jon. “Hey handsome. So what are you working on today?” She asked him quietly. She needed to talk to mike but without Jon there really so she would have to be careful.

Jon smiles and kisses her forehead. “Some weightraining mostly today.” He murmurs and looks at Mike as he nods. “I’ll be over on the benches.” He tells her and kisses her cheek before jogging over.

Mike chuckles softly. “You two are still like love sick teenagers.” He teases and looks at her. “What brings you by anyway?” He asks.

She smiled and watched him leave then turned to mike. “How much has he actually been here the past couple weeks?” She asked him quietly and frowned some. He was meant to be there every day but the way he’s spoken about the poker yesterday she was worried.

Mike watches her. “Sporadically. He’s been coming in at least five of the seven days. Tried to talk to him about. He apologized and said he had just had other things to do.”

She frowned. “He uh... he’s started gambling again.” She muttered and watched him carefully. “I’m worried about him and I’m going away in another couple weeks again... I don’t trust that he’s not going to stay away from it.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back