• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fight for Control [closed]

Kylo’s gaze immediately shifted to the hologram, studying every damage as if every single one was another tick on his scorecard against the Resistance. It was obvious that the damage would take time to fix, thanks to the suicide mission of the Raddus. But the damage was mostly contained in that section, and because of that, recovery should take no time.

“It seems that engineering is doing its job.” A compliment, if he ever gave one. “I trust that it won’t take long to fix.” That way the First Order can continue with little hindrance to their plans. Their plan to establish control over the Core worlds and his plans to end the Resistance once and for all.

“How quickly can you get the tug-ships here?” He briefly glanced at Reveille as he asked his question, but then focused right back on the hologram of his ship. They were so lucky that the Supremacy was as large as it was, or else the First Order would be in deeper trouble.

~~

Lavinia bit her tongue and resisted making another comment on Armitage’s view. It was just that, a view on the Resistance, and the less she contradicted him, the better. Let him think what he wanted, and she knew that they would surprise him. They did it in the past, and they’ll do it again.

Even if her own faith was wavering

None of the names Hux and Kanna listed were familiar to Lavinia. Regardless, she committed their names and location to memory. Even if she couldn’t do anything with the names now, certainly she could warn the Resistance of their locations. Especially Yavin-4.

“How many informants do we have keeping an eye out on the Resistance?”

Reveille knew it wouldn’t take that long to fix, but she didn’t address Kylo’s query at all. She meant to address his other one about timing, but that was when a Kos’tel’lanni’s voice spoke, “If I may, Admiral Hux?” At least she never spoke without permission in these situations. Not usually, anyways.

“You may, Kos’tel’lanni. You are the one preparing the tug-ships.” Reveille stepped back from the hologram as if to allow someone to step forward, though of course, Kos’tel’lanni wasn’t there. The call to her ship had just gone through.

“If only two are needed, they can be there in the hour. Any more and I will need an additional hour to fuel and equip them. I will be sending Commodore Titus to oversee the arrangements.”

Reveille let her eyes flick over the damage once more, before nodding, “Two should be sufficient. It’s only one side that’s poorly off.”

“Then they will be there with Commodore Titus in an hour. Is anything else needed from this end?” The question was raised to both, though she hardly knew who the other was, she could easily assume it was their new Supreme Leader based on the mannerisms, the way he spoke without consideration of much at all – the way he didn’t address Reveille with a title.

Only those above would get away with that.

~***~

Kanna answered the lieutenant as if she had the authority to ask that question, the number precise, “187 informants currently,” not that all were good, or consistently used. Some were just tapped when they thought the Resistance might show up in an area, and some just called in if they saw anything where they were, rather than be sent to places. Only a few were so mobile, such as Swift.

“I thought our numbers were higher?” General Hux was actually certain they were over 200.

“Some died during the Hosnian Cataclysm,” it wasn’t like they bothered to reach out to everyone and warn them. Some were overlooked. That, and they simply hadn’t known some others were there until after the fact.

Armitage just gave an acknowledging sound, as if that was to be expected. It wasn’t a drastic change, just a notable one.

Kanna finally broke her gaze from the screen, “Who is this?” She suspected she might need to know who the officer was in case she came in here without Hux, as she’d learned to speak to Phasma. Not that she needed to know Phasma’s name. Her appearance was more than enough to speak to her authority.

Armitage did not speak to introduce Althea, as he hadn’t on Crait. He would clarify, if need be, but imagined Althea capable enough on her own.

The familiar voice of Kos’tel’lanni spoke up, a voice he knew would send Garmuth sputtering and reddening from rage. That was probably the main reason why Kylo liked the Chiss. That, and she seemed competent in her skillset, which was a great relief.

That was needed around there in order to recuperate from their recent losses.

“That will be all,” Kylo said with no other additions. He wanted the tug-ships sooner, but he had to deal with what was given to him. Not even he could bend the laws of space travel (although it was fun to watch those fumble after being given orders they aren’t accustomed to).

“After they get here, how long should it be before we’re at the Core worlds?”

~~

First thought and 187 informants seemed too many for the Resistance. But, the galaxy was a large place, and with their dwindled numbers, the Resistance could potentially avoid any informants until the right moment. Wonder if there’s a way to get an updated list on their locations.

Who is this. Lavinia certainly didn’t appreciate the way Kanna questioned about her, but she made no comment on that. “Lieutenant Althea Storax.” She paused a moment before deciding to continue. ”I am General Hux’s new assistant.”

If she missed any vital detail of her introduction, then she was certain Armitage would immediately rectify the situation. She offered a quick glance to the screen Kanna was focused on, but the aurebesh didn’t offer anything exciting.

Reveille addressed Kos’tel’lanni to clarify, “Which ships will you be sending?”

“I intended to send Eos and Astraeus. Given the damage on one side, it seemed Astraeus’s size should carry that end, and Eos’s smaller size would make sure not to unbalance it when it was taken out of realspace, Admiral.”

Reveille nodded. She did appreciate Kos’tel’lanni’s thought process here, and she trusted the captains of either ship to communicate well to make sure there was no pulling once they entered lightspeed. Eos would be weighed down a bit as it was, “That should be an hour and a half to two hours back to the Core, if you travel in the Supremacy, Supreme Leader.”

Reveille would not be traveling in that fashion. She’d either take her own ship and get there quicker to make sure things were set up, or go in the Finalizer. She’d still end up there faster, but the trip from the Finalizer to the Exigency would eat up that time. “I would advise leaving the Supremacy with a skeleton crew, if possible. If there are any problems in transit, it would protect as many assets as we can.”

Naturally, a few officers looked back at that comment, not set at ease to hear of the potential for complications. It might be sane to consider it, but that didn’t mean anyone wanted to hear about it. “Between the Finalizer and the other remaining ships here, it shouldn’t be hard to temporarily place them on other ships for transit only.” They could be brought right back once they were in the Core.

~***~

Kanna arched one eyebrow, shooting a side glance to Armitage. He confirmed, “The Supreme Leader determined I needed an aide,” he didn’t sound enthused, and he wasn’t. Althea Storax hadn’t proven to be a nuisance, but then, she hadn’t had much time to prove much, other than she wasn’t an incessant chatterbox or ass-kisser.

Those were at least good things.

And she seemed to have a sense of humor that wasn’t atrocious. It was something he understood. And she didn’t seem to like the Supreme Leader greatly. She hadn’t expressed hatred, exactly, but she was clearly as trapped as he was.

This was neither of their ideas.

Kanna gave a nod, “I’ll make note of it,” an aide to Hux would likely be there on his business in the future. “I’m sorry I don’t have anything else right now, General.”

He shook his head. They’d move some, and continue on. “We have more plans ahead in the Core as it is. You’ll be caught up soon.” As would all the other officers, when they made it out there. “Once Colonel Garmuth has reported in with his findings from Crait, let me know immediately. If there was nothing found, be sure orders to disembark from Crait are sent.”

“Understood, General.”

With that, Armitage turned to leave, seeing no further reason to remain in the communications room right then. He did ask, “Before the Supreme Leader assigned you to me, what was your task?” He wondered if Kylo had bothered to fill it. He might need to see to that oversight.

Never mind the fact he hadn’t eaten in a bit, and probably should.

Kylo felt that the added information on which ships were being sent was unnecessary. As long as the job was done quickly and smoothly, did it matter? He didn’t vocalize his complaints, for it didn’t matter.

He nodded with slight satisfaction at Reveille’s answer. Although he would never admit it, the admiral held sound advice. It was one of the reasons he hadn’t killed General Hux yet. Kylo knew he needed the strategy and abilities that only Hux could provide, and this Hux proved to be the same way.

“Prepare for the transport of nonessential crew.” He barked the orders at whichever officer was closest, which sent a few nearby officers into a panic in order to fulfill the Supreme Leader’s request.

Although the inner parts of the ship exposed to the vacuum of space were sealed, Kylo knew anything could still go wrong. He practically grew up learning all about spaceships and their inner workings. Reveille was right in suggesting leaving a skeleton crew behind.

Of course she will never hear the words come from him.

~~

She knew Armitage didn’t exactly approve of her new position. It didn’t take a Force Sensitive to figure that out. Lavinia may have been the only one who was thrilled about the new position. Althea Storax, however, felt the same way as Armitage Hux.

But aside from her potential obvious gains, it was far better than her old job so far, hunched over in front of a computer and staring at data all day.

Lavinia made note to revisit Kanna in the near future. With the right words, she could have a list of the informants sent to her datapad and soon sent off for the Resistance.

She had to be patient and wait.

“I had actually just finished up my task and was on my way back to my workstation when the Supreme Leader stopped me.” Serendipitous or not, she had to wonder if some greater power enjoyed laughing at her fortune.

Actions spoke loudly enough – Kylo Ren didn’t even question the decision, and Reveille knew that would play well on how she was viewed in the Order. Not that she had a bad reputation, but seeing Kylo act on a suggestion without a question would be of grand assistance later. That, and it was at least making him seem less of the psychopath her brother made him out to be.

Obviously, she hadn’t forgotten he’d nearly killed her.

Then again, put in his position, she likely would have shot someone, so she couldn’t exactly blame him. “You may drop the Exigency off the line,” Reveille addressed another officer, cutting off the call with Kos’tel’lanni now that everything was in order. Any minor details could be discussed through messages.

The announcement was quickly made after Kos’tel’lanni was dropped, ships and hangars noted, and a listing of what crew classified as non-essential. Reveille stepped from the hologram as it faded away, “I will return to my ship and head out, Supreme Leader.” There was nothing further for her to do here, that she could see. “Will you be remaining on the Supremacy or would you like to go to the Finalizer?” He might not want to stay on this vessel, either.

The least she could do was drop him off on her brother’s ship.

Even if Armitage would hate her for that.

~***~

Of course – Althea Storax was just some random officer that Kylo had intimidated into her new position. What a world he lived in. This wasn’t how the First Order was supposed to be. It was supposed to be orderly, damn it. Not just grabbing random people and promoting them to positions they may or may not be qualified for.

At least she had finished her task, “That doesn’t quite answer the question, no one here is contracted for only one job.” Armitage noted, “I presume you had other tasks to manage in the future, or a steady job. Even a guard who is relieved of duty is expected to return to that duty at their scheduled time.” They worked in shifts. Just because one’s shift ended, didn’t mean much.

That shift would be there again, the next day. “I need to know what role to fill as I imagine the Supreme Leader will not bother with it.” And the next day people were likely to be in a fit over the missing person and wholly unprepared to deal with it.

As he finished the question, he heard the ping of the intercoms and then the announcement about non-essential evacuation. He paused and glanced up at the ceiling. Even if there was nothing to see.

His lip curled a bit in irritation that this was how he was getting the information. He didn’t need to ask why, he assumed that meant they’d be leaving soon. Apparently, the decision was now made before Garmuth finished up. He shook his head, and then walked on. “I suppose we’ll be going to the Finalizer. Do you have any supplies to grab from here?”

The Finalizer was likely to become her permanent vessel anyway. It was his ship.

Kylo considered his options. He could remain on the Supremacy and play the waiting game, possibly allowing Armitage and Reveille to plot in his absence. Or he could follow onto the Finalizer and discuss exactly what will happen next. And risk asphyxiating another Hux.

That part he didn’t mind as much.

“I will go onto the Finalizer,” he decided. “I trust the crew that remains behind will be able to handle the ship for a few hours.” It was a slight jab at the officers on the Bridge, for most of them will remain behind. He believed in their abilities, yet a shred of doubt will always remain.

“That way we can better prepare what exactly is our next step, while the Supremacy undergoes restoration.”

~~

Lavinia felt the faintest flush creeping up her neck. Of course she had a job on the ship, but somehow, General Hux’s tone and wording did much to make her feel inept. Even if that wasn’t his intention. Of course it was. He’s General fucking Hux.

Before she had a chance to properly answer his question, the ping of the intercoms sounded, relaying the message of non-essential evacuation. This would be the first time since she came aboard that she would be leaving the Supremacy, but she did not imagine that the Finalizer would serve as an idyllic vacation.

Ignoring his previous question, she focused on current events. “I just need to grab my datapad from my quarters.” She didn’t know how long they would be on the Finalizer, nor did she consider that it was Hux’s command ship. But she did know that she didn’t want to leave her personal datapad behind.

She relied too much on it, and she held onto the iota of hope that the Resistance would contact her.

Reveille hadn’t planned to stay on the Finalizer, though she knew it was a possibility. That would mean she wouldn’t get the head start she wanted back with Kos’tel’lanni, not that she doubted her lieutenant-admiral’s ability to be prepared, but she still would have preferred having a hand in it and give the crew enough warning.

‘Just trust her.’ And play the game that she so despised.

At least Kylo Ren was speaking in ‘we’ terms, anyway. That was a good sign. “Very well, let’s return to my ship then.” At least she knew the make-up of the Finalizer better. “I do hope you won’t mind a brief delay to the cafeteria when we arrive on the Finalizer, Supreme Leader. I haven’t eaten since I left the Exigency, and that’s been a few hours now.” And the only reason she even ate before leaving was because Kos’tel’lanni threw food at her.

Literally, in this case – she’d thrown a protein pack at her.

“It will be better for me, anyway, to think of the next steps with a clear head, though all our plans may change based on what Kos’tel’lanni has found and compiled in my absence.” So far, Kylo hadn’t expressed any issues with her, or even Rani. Jinah was the only one, who was following them out of the Bridge once more.

She hoped that was a good sign. That he wasn’t as xenophobic as most in the First Order.

~***~

Datapads.

Ever the important item. Hux had his on his person, he’d learned long ago not to leave those things lying about anywhere, much like his sister had learned real quick to have plenty of spares. In this line of business, not having back-ups was bad.

“Lead the way,” the General had no idea where Althea’s quarters were, after all. He couldn’t be expected to know every officer’s quarter locations. Sure, he could bring the information up, but he had little intention of doing so. “And let me know what position I need filled or adapted.”

He wasn’t leaving that behind. Even if he had been distracted, he hadn’t forgotten what he’d asked, either. He also hadn’t forgotten the flush her skin took, as if she was angry to even be asked it. It did make him wonder why – did she so detest her job here, or was it embarrassing her? From her skillset it didn’t seem like it would be.

It wasn’t like it was janitorial duty if she was a lieutenant.

His jaw clenched as anger threatened to surface. A delay for food. Their current situation was more important than food, and he was about to tell her that could wait until a more opportune time.

Yet, he didn’t.

Kylo relaxed his jaw and began making his way off the Bridge, trusting Reveille to follow him to the Hangar, where they will board a ship to take them to the Finalizer. It had been a while since he last ate as well, so making a detour to the cafeteria was acceptable.

“Very well, but I trust it won’t be long.” Although he knew he needed nourishment as well, he couldn’t imagine the two bonding at a cafeteria table while eating whatever meal they prepared that day. “Any other detours you would like to make?”

~~

Lavinia took the lead temporarily with long strides through the corridors. She had to do a quick mental recap of everything in her quarters, but she knew she left it in the meticulous order expected of any First Order officer with no incriminating evidence against her. Unless someone were to hack her datapad.

“Data analyst.” It wasn’t like the job lacked employees. She was one of many, but it seemed General Hux wanted every gap filled to make a smooth transition back to normalcy. Or as close they could come in the meantime.

A few more turns through the corridors and they reached the officers’ quarters. With the recent announcement of the evacuation, numerous officers shuffled about, but the one decent thing about the general following behind was that they quickly lept out of their path. She paused once she reached her own door, and with the quick punch of the number combination, the door slid open.

Lavinia glanced at Armitage, as if silently asking if he would remain in the corridor or come inside, before she stepped inside. It was small, standard size for an officer of her rank, with only the bare essentials. Not an ounce of her personality was displayed in her room. I wonder if any other officers have family portraits.

Reveille recognized the twitch.

Her brother had a similar twitch he hadn’t yet gotten rid of.

She wasn’t sure if she ought to be prepared for an outburst or not, but thankfully, that wasn’t necessary. Kylo relaxed himself, and agreed to the detour. Reveille wouldn’t press her luck with an off-hand comment about a detour for a shower. That would wait until the evening, anyways, when she was on her own ship. She may have quarters on the Finalizer, but it still wasn’t her home base, or a comfortable environment.

“No further detours,” Reveille answered, “are there others to make aware of our discussion on the Finalizer?” She did not know if this was meant to be a formal meeting or not, something her brother should be aware of, or Garmuth, or anyone else, for that matter.

She did not find a need to impose her own lead on their direction, though she followed only a half-step behind. She could have matched his pace, but felt no need to do so as they entered the hangar. She’d head to her own ship, expecting much the same from Kylo and imagining Rani would scurry away again to avoid any interaction with the Supreme Leader.

At least Schaeffer was as constant as ever. Still in the doorway.

If only it actually made her calm about what he did when she was away.

~***~

Data analyst. It was an important job in the First Order, albeit a tedious one. Those involved in it certainly needed quite a bit of patience and a good memory. He knew there were plenty in that area, but he also knew one missing person was still going to throw others for a loop. “Thank you,” he could get the information to the head of that area and they could get things figured out.

He did not step into her room when the door opened, though he did glance around.

Spotless, minimalist, like so many others. It certainly wasn’t prohibited to have decorations or life in one’s quarters, but few ever went about it. Those who did were usually recognized and singled-out. Their weaknesses were put on display in anything they had up, anything others saw.

With the competitive spirit of the First Order, that made them weaker links in the chain.

He used the moment she went to fetch her datapad to bring up his list of employees, quickly typing in ‘data analyst’ and bringing up everyone in that department. The head, naturally, was at the top and he sent a quick message.

Lieutenant Althea Storax will no longer be reporting in as data analyst, the Supreme Leader has altered her position. Make sure this gap is covered.

By the time she returned from within, he had sent the message out, and he gave a curt nod. “We’ll return to the command ship.” He informed her as he started to walk off in that direction.

He thought over Reveille’s question for a moment, as he stalked down the corridors. Most would have no need to eavesdrop on their discussion, for their task is to simply follow their command. But he knew some would challenge his position to only include himself and the Hux siblings.

“We shall inform the others in High Command.” As a small group of officers that included himself and the Huxes, the others involved would need to know so that they may command their troops in the right path. “And then orders will be passed out as needed.”

He approached Reveille’s ship with her immediately behind him. Like before, Schaeffer stood in the doorway. If his mind weren’t preoccupied by the current events of the First Order, he would shift his attention closer to Schaeffer, a man who seemed way too comfortable.

Truth be told, he didn’t trust anyone Reveille brought along. Or her. But he forced himself to play along for the better of the First Order. “You should try and inform your subordinates that they have a job to do.” His jab was directed at Schaeffer and the lackadaisical manner in which he moved.

~~

The unexpected ‘thank you’ did not go unnoticed by Lavinia. She faltered in her steps somewhat, but she soon returned to her task at hand. The datapad wasn’t hard for her to find, for she always kept in inside the nightstand next to her bed. Standard issued grey-colored sheets, nothing stood out in her room.

Even if she did opted to decorate her room with photos, she would be at a loss of who to include. She didn’t care to look at her parents every day and be reminded of her upbringing, and she didn’t have anyone close to her. Acquaintances, sure. And that was the existent of her personal life.

Lavinia never had time to dwell on that though.

With her datapad tucked away safely, she nodded towards the general. “I’m ready.” Much like the lapdog she started to feel like, Lavinia followed the general. As she knew Armitage’s position on the Finalizer, she had to ask, “How long will we be there?”

Reveille gave a nod and hardly wasted any time in bringing up ‘High Command’ – it was already a group she had on her datapad, including her brother, Colonel Garmuth, and others. It used to include Phasma, but she’d removed Phasma from it on hearing of her death. No point pinging her datapad any longer. Kos’tel’lanni was technically ranked in High Command, but she never came to these things unless it was on the Exigency.

Kylo Ren wasn’t yet in the group, either, and Reveille felt no need to add him as she started a group message, before glancing up as Kylo addressed her subordinates and their job.

She shot Schaeffer a sharp look from behind Kylo.

He took the hint not to snap off a smart comment. “Back to the Exigency?” He asked.

“The Finalizer,” she corrected as he pushed off from the doorway and stepped aside to allow them entrance. “We’ll station there until we return to the Core. You’re free to roam the Finalizer. So are you, Rani.” She could go bother Mitaka all she wanted until they got back to the Exigency.

“All right,” Schaeffer moved off towards the cockpit, and Jinah resumed his usual spot as the ramp came up to close them in.

Supreme Leader has declared the need for a meeting on the Finalizer. If you are not already headed that way, head there. Details to follow.

Reveille sent the message out so the others would have fair warning. There was an almost immediate, very annoyed, response back from Garmuth – but he agreed.

~***~

Armitage arched a brow at her question, finding it strange. Nonetheless, he answered, “When the Supremacy is brought to the Core, I expect I will be staying on the Finalizer the majority of the time.” At that point, his presence shouldn’t be needed on the Supremacy so much, unless Kylo just wanted to fuck with him.

Certainly, Ren would have better things to do. Once they got him focused on the Resistance, or the Core, he might have some freedoms once more without the need to worry about Kylo. “Accommodations will be found for you.” There was space. From those who died at Starkiller, to those who died on the Supremacy who more properly belonged on the Finalizer.

Like Phasma.

He sighed when he felt his datapad alert him to another message, expecting the worst and finding it, “Fantastic,” his droll response was hardly enthused. “It seems there’s going to be a meeting on the Finalizer.”

He didn’t want to go. He would, of course, to make sure nothing stupid was decided. It was unlikely Reveille would allow any stupidity, but he couldn’t risk it. She’d already seen some of Kylo’s wrath – and was, apparently, still in close contact with him. That didn’t bode well.

He put the datapad back, not responding. He’d be there, but there was little to respond to now – no location, nor time. “I suspect you’re now included in these meetings. The Supreme Leader will make note if you’re not when we arrive. If that is the case, I’ll make Lieutenant Mitaka aware so he can assist you with finding accommodations.”

He would send Mitaka a warning anyway – to find some space for a new permanent officer. It would at least keep him out of the way for a bit. He deserved that much.

Once Schaeffer moved, Kylo strolled in the ship as if it was his own. But those who piloted his ship would never dare to speak in the manner which Reveille’s crew did. It almost made him question her leadership, but he wouldn’t vocalize that thought unless they did something very stupid.

He remained standing for the meantime, for no other reason than restlessness. It seemed to him that for a while, he had been constantly on the move, constantly on his guard, and he was prepared to engage in battle again, even if there wasn’t one to be had at the moment.

“How long before everyone is gathered on the Finalizer?” He knew a few members of High Command were scattered about, but with the right words, laced with threat, they could arrive in just a few short hours at most.

By the time they arrive, most should already be there, or close to it. He expected no one to hesitate and delay matters. “The sooner we conduct this meeting, the sooner we can get the First Order back under full control.” And the sooner that the Resistance could be tracked down.

He was painfully aware that the meeting would entail being confined in a room, for who knows how long, with several officers he wished to strangle. Colonel Garmuth, General Hux...though he was surprisingly undecided about Admiral Hux, despite their earlier altercation. He was confident his opinion would change soon. It always did.

~~

So Lavinia would be enjoying the change in scenery for a while, if one could call it that. She couldn’t imagine that the design of the Finalizer was too different from the Supremacy. All steel and bleakness.

Yet she wondered if Kylo Ren would join them for a prolonged stay onboard the Finalizer, given what he tasked her to do. Or if a simple message over their datapads would suffice. She’d prefer the latter, but she came to expect anything from the Supreme Leader.

Would her new accomodations be similar to her current one? While a slightly larger room would be ideal, she knew not to get her hopes up. Or to vocalize that thought to anyone.

She raised an eyebrow at Armitage’s lackluster response to a message on his datapad. Curious, Lavinia was about to ask what was wrong before he answered her unspoken question. “Given everything that has occurred, is that a surprise?” And there may yet be countless other meetings until everything is fixed and back to order, and their ranks reorganized.

“If the Supreme Leader himself is attending this meeting, then I will most likely not be allowed into the room.” Kylo wouldn’t need her to keep an eye on Armitage, and she believed that Armitage knew the true reason for her sudden promotion.

Their Supreme Leader wasn’t exactly being subtle.

‘Voids, why are you an idiot?’ To her, the answer was obvious - an hour. However long it took Garmuth to finish his research. Everyone who received the message now would be on their way to the Finalizer. Those who couldn't make it, were those with her fleet. Unless Kylo intended to wait until they were in the Core for the meeting, but then, it shouldn't matter. They'd all be together and it'd only take twenty minutes at most to get to the proper ship.

Reveille did not ask that question aloud, and managed to not even take a deep breath to compose herself as she answered, “Presuming you do not require the presence of Lieutenant-Admiral Kos’tel’lanni or Commander Sienar,” the head of her elite TIE squadron and the de-facto head of all the TIE fighters, as Phasma had more or less been the head of their Stormtrooper corps. He really didn’t belong, he was shit at strategy, but he knew the fighters under his command, and his rank technically put him there.

He still didn’t belong – but then, neither did Kylo Ren, “they should all be available on the Finalizer after Colonel Garmuth has finished his research. He will likely be the last to arrive.”

There was one she didn’t know, and so she did note, “I am unaware if there has been a replacement for Captain Phasma. If there has been, I can send them the message,” she offered. “At present, I have alerted my brother, Colonel Garmuth, Director Milio, Captain Denantz, Ambassadors Reyn and Galli, and Chief Cylla,” a variety of roles, a variety of talents, but most were here rather than being useful.

Kos’tel’lanni and Command Siener were back with her own fleet. The others were between the Finalizer and the Supremacy, even their Ambassadors, who had been drawn back to prevent their deaths during the Hosnian cataclysm. “If I am forgetting anyone, I can send the message along.” Even if it didn’t come from Kylo himself, none were about to question her command.

~***~

Armitage shook his head. “Just because it is not a surprise does not mean I like it,” he preferred his meetings without Kylo Ren present. That was why he’d called one earlier. He actually knew which officers deserved his attention. Not everyone in so-called High Command was worthy, or needed to be involved in every meeting.

As she noted she might not be allowed, he couldn’t help a, “Lucky you,” to come out as a drawl, clearly wishing he didn’t have to go as well. “The meetings with our Supreme Leader tend to…stagnate.” Another reason he preferred meetings without Kylo.

He could gather information and then present it concisely, without all the voices and noise to irritate Kylo. Or himself, for that matter. “I suppose it has been long enough since our last meeting if High Command. Not that everyone ever makes it anyway.” Usually High Command hadn’t included Kylo, though. He had been Commander of the Knights of Ren. Outside the First Order, while working with it.

Hux had never seen reason to involve him then, and usually Reveille met by hologram.

This would be a change to have her there in person, though he imagined Kos’tel’lanni and the others afar would not be arriving.

He did a mental calculation of who was likely to be there, rolling his eyes as he realized the ambassadors would be there. For once. This was likely to be a shock to them. They usually got to go about the Core worlds and live things up while making sure to actively bribe and sway senators to make sure the First Order was overlooked.

Their position seemed rather superfluous now, but they would need to be rewarded for their services that kept the New Republic from ever looking into their business, and winning them allies, all the same.

As they reached the hangar of his command vessel once more, he saw there were already two officers outside waiting for him, “Sir, are we prepared to return to the Finalizer?

“Yes,” Hux answered, curt, before stepping up onto the ramp and into the ship before his pilots, taking to his bench once more without bothering to demand any Stormtroopers follow him. “We’ll find Lieutenant Mitaka when we arrive. He can help you locate new quarters and familiarize you with the Finalizer, though it should not be any different from any of the other ships you’ve been on.”

They followed a pattern. It made things easy.

Did he require the presence of the aforementioned High Command officers? While such a meeting may required all of the high ranking officials, Kylo decided that he didn’t wish to wait any longer than necessary, and someone can fill them in later on what was discussed. He made no move to discuss the presence, or lack thereof, of Lieutenant-Admiral Kos’tel’lanni and Commander Sienar.

“Very well.” Oh how he wished Colonel Garmuth wouldn’t arrive. The man did nothing but anger him, and he would rather see how long the colonel could hold his breath for until death took him. If they were all lucky, Garmuth wouldn’t speak at the meeting.

He wasn’t aware if there was a replacement for Captain Phasma yet. As if anyone is competent enough to replace her. Naturally he assumed that whoever was her second-in-command would take over, but they could deal without that person. As if her replacement would be useful at the meeting so soon after acquiring the position.

“No one else is needed.” There probably was someone left forgotten in the midst of this sudden meeting, but he didn’t care to think about them. Obviously they weren’t that important. It had been some time since they were all in the same room without the use of holograms. Kylo already saw his patience wearing thin.

“I’m sure those who will attend will be enough to get done what is needed.” If they didn’t rip each other’s throats out first.

~~

Lavinia was hardly surprised to hear that meetings with the Supreme Leader were unpleasant. The man was stubborn, and she’d imagine he hardly budged on any plans that drew attention away from his own interests. She let out a light scoff after he made the comment of her slight fortune at missing the event.

“I can’t possibly imagine why.” As far as she was concerned, the First Order was filled with large egos in the higher positions. And those with large egos rarely got along with one another, especially in strategy creation.

She wondered exactly who was involved in this meeting. Who was in High Command? Though she wanted to take part in the meeting, she worried that some elite member of the First Order would get curious at the assistant of General Hux and dig around for information.

Anything could happen.

She dutifully followed Armitage into the command vessel and once more took her place on the bench, since he made no disapproving comment about it earlier. He mentioned Lieutenant Mitaka once more, and she wondered how much of a potential threat he would be. Never underestimate the observation skills of an officer.

“Do you think anything of importance will come of this meeting?” With the infamy of his and Kylo Ren’s relationship, their scheduled meeting could result in a quagmire with everyone frustrated. Or would they be more well-behaved with others in High Command joining them?

No one else was needed, which was good for Reveille. It meant she wouldn’t have to go through the hassle of trying to get both the Lieutenant-Admiral and Commander on holograms. Reveille would not request anyone else, nor ask Armitage if Phasma had a replacement yet. Somehow, she was fairly certain that answer was ‘no’, given all that Phasma had been. It was something he would have to work on, later. It was his place, not hers, to dictate Stormtrooper assignments.

‘I think we have too many to get anything done.’ Reveille didn’t say that, but she did ask, “What are you hoping to accomplish in this meeting, Supreme Leader? I may be able to assist with keeping things on target.”

To make sure it didn’t get way off track. Or make sure no one got strangled, at least. That was probably hoping for too much, but they still needed to learn how to work together efficiently. Of course, she wasn’t sure what the plan was. To her, things seemed fairly straightforward – get to the Core, review with Kos’tel’lanni, and let her inform the others of what was still needed in the absence of Reveille.

There would be more strikes on planets that resisted First Order takeover. Reveille would hop a ship to see Governor Tarkin and find out if this could be resolved peacefully.

What the goal of this meeting was? She wasn’t so clear on. But, keeping things on track would benefit everyone.

~***~

Did Armitage think anything was going to come of this meeting? He snorted, “There’s a reason I hold meetings without the Supreme Leader.” Though he knew that wasn’t an answer to the question, it should say enough of his opinion as he took the time to take out his datapad to shoot Mitaka a message to be prepared to meet him at hangar 1. He wouldn’t be sent to any other hangar when it came to his own ship.

“No, I think anything of relevance will be done outside of the meeting,” or had already been done, as Reveille seemed to be taking the reins to get them to the Core, and likely, further her own agenda of securing it.

If they could just find a way to get Kylo to rage quit the meeting, then something progressive might end up done. It was more likely that Kylo would kill everyone in the meeting before giving them any peace, though.

As the shuttle left the Supremacy, he glanced down to his datapad as the message from Mitaka appeared, easy agreement, not a hint of apprehension or question. Mitaka was, at least, a good officer. Perhaps one day he’d rank up, but despite how well he took orders, Hux had his doubts about him as a leader, as any higher position would indicate.

He might be best left as a lieutenant forever.

“Mitaka will meet us when we land,” he indicated to her, putting his datapad back in its place, shifting slightly.

But will you be able to help, unlike your brother? He did not express his thoughts, but instead decided on a more diplomatic course of action. “I was planning on formally strategizing how we will obtain control of the planets left in the Core worlds that have resisted us so far.” For now he had to let go on his goal of completely defeating the Resistance. Maybe he could task someone with gathering more informants.

“We also need to determine if everything is being done to ensure that the First Order’s hold does not waver. Not even one bit.” The destruction of Starkiller Base, their immediate battle with the Resistance, the Supremacy split in two, and the battle on Crait all happened so subsequent, so fast, that many were still scrambling as to where to go next. What to do.

He needed order back.

“Then will be the opportune time to replace any fallen leaders so that we waste no time.” His words hinted at the loss of Phasma, one that even he felt some semblance of sorrow for. But that was a part of their life, and when the Supremacy was cut into two, several other leaders fell as well with no replacement as of yet.

~~

She turned her head slightly to look at Armitage with an eyebrow quirked. The animosity between Kylo and the general was obvious, but to hear the man express his disdain for their Supreme Leader so openly was somewhat surprising. “Have you two always held such contempt for one another?”

Lavinia realized that her words may have been too bold to ask the general, but she was genuinely curious. Did their working relationship started out with such hatred, or was there a single cataclysmic event that changed things between the two men?

And there was that name again. Mitaka. “Is Lieutenant Mitaka someone you trust?” She wanted to try and learn more about him if she were to spend any amount of time with him, which seems likely. She highly doubted that Kylo Ren would let her in on the meeting.

But she was sure she already knew her answer. Someone like Hux didn’t trust many. One couldn’t in this line of work. It was the one thing they had in common.

‘And this can’t just wait until we get to the Core because…?’ Reveille did not express that aloud, either. Instead, she sighed, “Then it seems I will need to find a way to get Kos’tel’lanni and Sienar on in holograms.” They would be far more important than most in that meeting, though if one of the engineers said ‘another Starkiller’ she was shooting them.

“Without either, we will not have all the information on the situation in the Core, or on things that could be done to improve our hold,” Kylo Ren may have thought they weren’t needed, but Reveille could tell immediately they would be. They should have someone to stand in for Phasma, but that just wasn’t possible unless her brother knew someone.

She wouldn’t bother him with that, though.

And with any luck, Kylo wouldn’t be able to strangle anyone through holograms. Sienar would likely invite it with his stupid comments. Sometimes she did wonder why she didn’t try to enforce the same conformity as her brother, but then she remembered Phasma, and she remembered how unhappy so many of the Stormtroopers were who came from under her tutelage, compared to those from Cardinal.

The ship slid into the Finalizer, hangar 1, just before the command shuttle, “Admiral, we’re here. Hangar one,” Schaeffer called from the front, though it was hardly necessary. Rani was a blur of blue as she darted from the cockpit and right out the door just as the ramp was lowered.

She’d already seen Mitaka. “May I leave as well, Admiral?” Jinah asked, reminding them of his presence. He doubted he’d be welcome among High Command.

“Yes, try to stay with Schaeffer or Rani.” His vision wasn’t truly a concern, but she preferred for him to have someone around.

~***~

Armitage did think briefly on Althea’s query. He’d known Kylo Ren a bit over a decade now. It might even be two decades. Kylo came to them as a teenager, lanky and vicious, already with the nickname the ‘Jedi Killer’ attached to him when Snoke showed up to take over the First Order. Armitage was fresh from his Cadet training, and he couldn’t believe this brat was already considered Commander of some group of Knights that Hux rarely saw, and given such preference.

He might have had respect for Kylo, if he weren’t such an angry brat and nuisance in general. Armitage could only him as a Jedi Killer if he threw a tantrum. Their every interaction had been laced with disdain from the start, and it had only seemed to grow from there, even when Armitage reached the position of General years later. “I have never been fond of Ren.” He answered after thinking to see if there had been any catalyst.

There hadn’t. Not that he recalled. Not on his side of the hatred, anyways. “And I trust Mitaka to do his job.” That much was true. Mitaka didn’t ever fail in that endeavor, and as the Command Shuttle came into the hangar, he knew Mitaka would be right there, prepared to continue the task handed to him.

He failed to consider one thing that he was immediately reminded of when the ramp fell down, and the high-pitched voice reached his ears: “—TAKA!” followed by the thud of a collision of two bodies, as Armitage rose to see just outside his ship, Rani had found Mitaka first, and coiled herself around him, while Mitaka seemed to be regaining his sense of balance.

“Hello Commander Rani,” he managed, awkwardly returning the embrace as other officers and Stormtroopers around seemed to look on either with disgust or amusement for Mitaka’s situation and the twi’lek all but nuzzling his neck.

“Lieutenant.” Armitage snapped the word, and Rani didn’t quite release Mitaka, but she moved so she only had an arm around his shoulders. Armitage descended the ramp and approached them, giving Rani an annoyed look, but keeping back from barking anything at her.

He didn’t need that argument with Reveille again. Neither of them ever won. How she ran things was quite different from how he did. It rarely caused actual conflict. “General Hux, apologies, I—”

Hux waved it off, and gestured back, “This is Lieutenant Althea Storax. You are to find her space on the Finalizer, and see that she is familiarized with it.”

Mitaka gave a nod, and a smile to Althea, “Lieutenant Storax, it’s a pleasure to meet you.” He didn’t offer his hand, but Rani reached across him to offer hers.

“Commander Rani, miss Storax – I’ll be helping Mitaka!” She volunteered immediately.

“Are you sure that’s all right with Admiral Hux?” Mitaka asked.

“She’s given me leave, it’s fine.”

For a moment, Kylo hesitated. Was he making the right decisions? Perhaps that’s why he so readily took to the suggestions Reveille offered. But his stubbornness would never allow him to admit those thoughts out loud. Someone may use that against him to overthrow his position. No, he couldn’t have that.

“Very well. See that we get a connection for them established soon.” She presented a compelling reason for the inclusion of the aforementioned officers, and if he wanted their tasks for the meeting to go as smoothly as possible, he had to acquiesce to her suggestion.

He raised an eyebrow at Rani’s antics, dashing off the ship as soon as the ramp lowered. It wasn’t behavior he was used to seeing in the First Order, yet he made no comment on it. Kylo wouldn’t criticize Reveille about the behavior of her officers unless one slipped out of line.

He took his own leave of the ship. The thought of the meeting, trying to have a civil discussion with those who loathed him, with the feelings reciprocated, left a bitter taste in his mouth. But maybe this would be the chance to cement his position as the Supreme Leader. Cast away those with doubts.

~~

Lavinia wanted to know more about their story, but Armitage’s curt response made her believe that he wish to say no more about the man. She couldn’t fault him for that. Kylo’s volatile personality brought him more foes than friends, and she wondered if there was anyone he got along with.

Probably not.

And he did not provide much on Mitaka. He was a man of few words, she found, which may make her attempt to get any information out of him in the future futile. Yet he did speak his thoughts on the Supreme Leader so freely, so there was some hope.

The loud shriek was unexpected, and Lavinia winced at the sudden noise. She rose from the bench alongside Hux to witness the twi’lek embracing whom she assumed to be Lieutenant Mitaka. She was baffled by the sight. Did the First Order even allow such affection?

She descended the ramp after General Hux, but her eyes never wavered from the two. Mitaka certainly didn’t seem like someone she needed to be careful around, but looks are deceiving. Even with a twi’lek around him.

“Pleasure to meet you too.” She offered a small smile and polite nod, but her eyes widened slightly with Rani’s gesture. “Oh, pleasure to meet you too.” She offered her hand in a symbol of politeness and shook Rani’s hand.

She still wasn’t sure what to think of either of them. Especially the twi’lek. She turned back towards the general to ask one thing before they were to be separated until the meeting ended. “Is there anything you need me to do before I leave?”

Of course, Reveille’s gaze followed Rani’s direction, as Kylo stormed ahead. She debated following him. She still needed food, and something told her he had forgotten that. It would be easy to slip away while he seemed so distracted, grab her brother and head to his room for a half hour of something like peace. They could have food brought there from the kitchens. It wasn’t unheard of.

It was an enticing thought, but Reveille stepped off the ramp and followed after Kylo Ren. She could at least seem to be going along, until it became obvious he wasn’t going for food. Then she would just have to leave him. At least she wouldn’t be just assuming anything about his memory, or his own pressing needs.

Though, she did called out when she saw her brother, “General!” to draw him over to her since he seemed to be handing some things off to Lieutenant Mitaka, who wasn’t so much as blushing with Rani pressed against his side.

He was either daft, gay, or very much not into aliens – though a lot of people always seemed willing to make exceptions for twi’lek women.

~***~

Rani’s eyes lit up as the lieutenant offered her hand. It seemed such a difficult thing to even get so much as a handshake out of people in the First Order. Their apprehension to contact at all was frustrating, so the fact her gesture wasn’t ignored did bring Rani some joy, even as Hux eyed it with his usual wariness.

She liked this Storax already. She wasn’t one of the usual sorts she ran in to.

General Armitage shook his head at the query posed to him, “No, except do not allow Commander Rani to punch anyone.” His eyes narrowed on Rani.

“One time, and he deserved it.” Rani stated, before adding, “besides I never get in trouble around Mitaka,” and she put on her most innocent smile, as Mitaka nervously chuckled, wondering how long that streak of ‘good luck’ might last and if he’d get in trouble if Rani cold-clocked another officer.

Armitage kept his gaze cold, before Reveille’s voice reached them. He gave a slight nod to all three, before turning to follow after her and the Supreme Leader, expecting they would be going to the meeting, blissfully unaware of Reveille’s plans to eat. As if sustenance was ever a thing that crossed his mind before breakfast the morning after he hadn’t eaten for an entire day.

He glanced at Kylo’s back, and opted not to speak any of his thoughts right then. Following silently seemed good enough, until the turns took them not to a conference room, but the cafeteria, “What are we doing here?”

I’m hungry,” Reveille noted, actually surprised that Kylo Ren had gone this way. “And Garmuth won’t be done for another half hour, at least.”

Armitage clearly wanted to protest this as a waste of time, but Reveille had already left his side to get food.

Kylo could feel the admiral following behind him. Despite the mundaneness in the midst of their chaos, he hadn’t forgotten that Reveille wished to make a trip to the cafeteria for food. He even found himself a bit peckish, as he hadn’t much time to eat in a while. But now he had actual time until the beginning of the meeting.

He paused for a second when Reveille called out for her brother, but resumed once more when they walked over in his direction. Having no need to converse with them at the moment, he stayed ahead until he entered the relatively empty cafeteria and grabbed what appeared to be a sandwich (but he couldn’t say that with confidence).

Although not the most appetizing meal, Kylo was grateful that they took a minute to grab some food from the cafeteria. As someone already prone to mood swings, skipping meals would only worsen them, and they don’t need another officer dead due to his volatile nature.

But he’ll never let Reveille know this. His eyes followed her and Armitage when they entered the cafeteria. Such a strange sight for the three of them to be in there at once.

~~

Rani’s enthusiasm was refreshing when compared to the officers she dealt with for the past several months. Especially Garmuth. And based on Hux’s request, she appeared to be a mischievous sort. Maybe there would be someone there she could talk to after all.

“I will make sure she doesn’t punch anyone.” The tone and her facial expression gave her true intentions away. Why throw away the chance to witness some excitement amongst the officers?

Her eyes followed Armitage as he walked off before her attention was directed back to the other two. “So, I believe you were going to show me around?” Their brief journey would allow Lavinia time to better understand the two, and she was very curious about them. Are they together?

The atmosphere of the cafeteria definitely altered with the three highest officials in the First Order present, several shifting trays or rising to put an end to their meal, while others looked on curiously. Kylo Ren and a sandwich? Somehow it was easier to imagine him tearing into the leg of some animal than a sandwich.

Armitage grabbing a cup of tea was not wholly unfamiliar, though few ever saw him grab food – and even he looked a bit lost under the bright lights, not accustomed to being in there when there was such a selection available. Still, he managed to find his own meal, skipping by the sandwiches on principal to pile some weird shaped pasta in a red sauce on a plate and determining it was sufficient. There seemed to be meat chunks in there and something green.

He didn’t want to sit with Kylo, but when Reveille took her seat there, he grudgingly went to sit with her, noting she hadn’t settled on one thing – there was a salad with hard-boiled egg pieces on it in some vinegary dressing, some sort of blue fruit, her usual caf, and a fish sweetened in some sort of sauce. “Are you planning to spend a long time here?”

“I can eat this in ten minutes and you know it,” Reveille reminded. Cadets weren’t given much time at all to eat, and she was already half-done with the salad. “At least this isn’t the disgusting protein paste.”

Armitage did flinch at the memory. “No.” That was still offered in the Stormtrooper cafeterias, but officers had a bit more options than that. He eyed Kylo’s sandwich briefly to discern what it was, before letting his gaze shift away again, uncomfortable to be eating in the cafeteria at all, let alone with Kylo.

He didn’t like to take his meals in sight, even if he had endured the Cadet days as well. He hadn’t in so long – and he hated the sensation of all the judgmental gazes on the three of them. So he seethed, quietly, and tried to eat his own food quickly.

~***~

Lieutenant Mitaka gave his nod, and Rani let her arm slide off of his shoulders, “Yes, I have located an empty room already that would be in General Hux’s wing,” one of the officers who died on Starkiller, “I believe it will be of use given this situation. I will show you to it, and then we can make any arrangements you may need for it.” Adaptions could be made, some furniture added or removed based on needs.

“So who are you to General Hux?” Rani asked as Mitaka already began to take the lead, looking over her curiously, “You don’t seem much like Captain Phasma.”

Mitaka’s brows knit together at that line of questioning, with that statement. Yet, he did not answer, the question wasn’t directed at him, after all. It’d be rude to just interject that she was General Hux’s aide.

He didn’t know much about the situation to begin with, anyway.

Or why her being like Captain Phasma should matter right then. Phasma was just the Captain of the Stormtroopers. She got along well with Hux…well…as well as anyone got along with Phasma. Or Hux for that matter.

Though his attention was forward, and his steps perfectly even, his gaze did occasionally zip to one officer or another who made a point of giving them a wider berth, or wearing an annoyed look at the sight of Rani.

It never ceased to bother Mitaka that the non-humans in the First Order were looked down upon. If anything, he thought they should be lauded for realizing the truths of the First Order, and showing that it was all-encompassing and could benefit everyone.

His eyes followed the two as they sat next to him. He had hoped they would’ve chosen a spot further from him, so he wouldn’t have Armitage so near him. But his luck had been rather thin lately.

There was no denying the awkwardness between them as they silently hurried through their lunches. The looks of the other officers who didn’t leave were obvious. He could feel them, and he wanted to give them a taste of what he could do. Give them something to truly look at.

With Kylo’s special status upon joining the First Order, he managed to avoid the protein paste commonly offered to the Stormtroopers. While most of the offerings in the cafeteria weren’t appetizing, he was sure they were better than the protein the Huxes were talking about.

He was soon finished with the sandwich, and while not completely satisfied, it would suffice until he had some free time again. He raised an eyebrow at the Hux siblings as if to say ‘Are you done yet?’ “Are you satisfied now?”

~***~

Of course the empty room is in General Hux’s wing. She saw both the good side and bad side to the situation, but maybe the close proximity could be useful. “Thank you,” she said, but what was she thanking him for? For doing his duty? She brushed the thought aside.

Lavinia’s mind froze for a split second after Rani asked her question, before she was quick to realize what she was really asking. “Oh no, I’m not Captain Phasma’s replacement. I’m General Hux’s assistant.” Thank heavens her job hadn’t consisted of fetching the man tea or caf so far.

“So what do you do?” She directed her question at both of her new companions. The twi’lek was a complete mystery to her, and while she knew Mitaka was a lieutenant, she wondered what exactly he did on the Finalizer.

‘I’d be more satisfied in a hot bath with chocolate, spiked caf, and an audio novel.’ Reveille managed not to say it, even as she arched an eyebrow at Kylo’s phrasing. Satisfied? When was anyone in the First Order ever satisfied?

“I’m done,” was how Armitage answered, while Reveille just looked away and shrugged. Her meal was about done. She popped the last bit of fruit into her mouth.

“I suppose so,” she answered, “I’m getting more caf,” that was going to be necessary for this headache of a meeting, and it seemed almost on queue that her datapad vibrated. Armitage’s, as well. She paused in going to get caf to take a look at the message from Garmuth, a run-down on the fact the base had literally nothing to offer, and he would be returning to the Finalizer within 15 minutes or less.

“Where are we meeting, Supreme Leader? It seems Garmuth has finished,” she could get the mass message out on the location so they would all be able to get there quicker, and she could get the holograms set up for Kos’tel’lanni and Sienar.

Armitage offered, “Conference Room G-707 should be open, though I imagine most are at present,” he also didn’t think Kylo knew the numbers of any of the conference rooms off hand and he would have just walked into the nearest one and claimed it.

~***~

Mitaka was a bit surprised by the gratitude, but he gave a nod, as Rani’s smile seemed to grow on her lips. The answer was an interesting one. Hux had never taken an aide before, why now? He knew it wasn’t his place to ask, so he didn’t. Situations changed. They just lost Snoke, after all. Perhaps an aide was necessary.

“I am mostly involved in communications,” Mitaka answered. He’d found that usually meant running around and making sure messages were delivered, that couldn’t be trusted over datapads, “It’s not terribly exciting like being an aide to anyone important, I just make sure to keep information flowing through the First Order. I imagine it is why General Hux asked for me. I am able to locate information within the First Order quickly,” so he was able to dig up what rooms were available.

“You’re also the only one sent to give Kylo Ren any messages. That’s still pretty badass.” Rani commented, and Mitaka did flush a bit at that, though he cast his eyes down as he murmured.

“I don’t know why I keep getting sent to do that.” He moved a hand idly by his neck.

“Because you aren’t being killed, obviously. Kylo clearly sees you have potential to be great!” The onslaught of compliments was still unusual, even if wholly expected from Rani.

And then Rani answered, “I just keep the flyboys in line for Reveille and ‘Tel.”

Mitaka shot her a strange look for that, “Isn’t—I mean, I thought the designated name for the Lieutenant-Admiral was Stella?” He knew who she was referring to.

Rani laughed at that, “Stella is for the losers who complain that her name is too long or otherwise bitch about her being chiss. I get to call her ‘Tel. But yeah – I keep the hotshots in order, and I lead a squadron of TIE fighters. I’m also, usually, Reveille’s first choice for piloting or co-piloting her ship.” She attached no titles, and spoke easily, clearly not that concerned about judgment for it.

For once, Kylo was grateful that General Hux spoke up. He hadn’t had the opportunity to think of where they were meeting, and even if he did, his knowledge of the different conference rooms on the Finalizer were minimal at best.

“Did the colonel find anything of use?” It seemed that the man took Kylo’s threat seriously and finished earlier than he demanded. Maybe he wasn’t completely useless, although Kylo didn’t have much hope that the man actually found anything. They were most likely at a complete dead end with the Resistance, unless an informant delivered something of interest. Or if a potential mole was uncovered. Then he could reallocate some tasks to uncover this person.

He rose from the table. “Then we’ll convene in there as soon as everything is ready.” It would take a few minutes for the holograms to be set up for Kos’tel’lanni and Sienar, and they still needed to wait for the arrival of all who could make it. “How much longer until the others arrive?”

~***~

I am able to locate information within the First Order quickly. Lavinia needed to heed caution around Mitaka, even if he seemed harmless. Anyone that General Hux could trust with their job was someone to be wary of. Never let your guard down.

She raised an eyebrow at the mention of Mitaka’s seemingly impossible task. “That’s pretty impressive. I had one run-in with him, and I thought he was going to end me.” After he approached her with her new job, Lavinia thought she was going to pass out, but she held it together.

He was the one person she truly feared.

She noted how casual Rani sounded when talking about others, especially her superiors. It was...shocking? Refreshing? But the twi’lek appeared like someone Lavinia would love to get to know, if it weren’t for the barrier of her reason in the First Order. “That’s pretty impressive. What’s it like leading your own squadron?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back