• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fight for Control [closed]

There was longing in her heart when Lavinia watched her friends leave the hangar. A not so small part of her had wished she could join him, rejoin that life of carefree fun and freedom. To not have every second of her day in potential danger should she make one wrong move.

The thoughts flew from her mind when Armitage began his speech, commanding the entire hangar with only the authority in his voice.

He commanded authority, attention, and respect, all of which Lavinia could respect. And she did, though maybe more than she thought. Her eyes lingered on him after he finished his speech, and she turned in time to watch Kos’tel’lanni approach her.

Her answered was delayed by a few seconds. Lavinia was quick to recall the tension between her and Reveille from the ship, and from their other encounters, and the last thing she wanted after the day they had was to be stuck in a room with her.

Besides, was it too much to ask for an evening alone and try to ignore the thoughts that swirled in her head? But she didn’t have a room on this ship, nor did she know what the sleeping arrangements would be.

Lavinia did voice her thoughts on the matter though. “I don’t think that would be a wise decision.” Her gaze flickered to Reveille before focusing back on Kos’tel’lanni. “It may be best if I didn’t join in.”

~~

Kylo straightened in his seat. Finally, someone who was genuine in offering him a chance to make a decision. That would not go unforgotten for him. They were his Knights to control, just as Nyx had said. And for once, he would finally be able to lead them as he was destined to do.

One of the Knights voiced his opinion on the suggestions. “If this Jedi is as powerful as the rumors claim, it may not be wise for any of us to try and find our way into their ranks. She would be able to find us.”

Kylo nodded. “We will focus on the other areas first. We can get someone to Lothal and spread the word of what really happened to Tarkintown. That should help start an insurgency against the First Order’s presence on the planet and weaken their grip.”

There was a slight nod in acknowledge and approval at the plan. It was simple enough, and they didn’t have to do much. Just start a rumor, and sit back and watch until further orders came in.

“Tarkin possesses technology that can hinder the Force. It may not be wise to send someone to watch him, just in case.”

Both Knights straightened at the news. Force-hindering technology? “If the First Order gets a hold on that...”

Kylo nodded. “So we need to ensure that they don’t try to rekindle this broken friendship.”

Lavinia’s wariness was obvious. Her gaze wasn’t subtle, and Kos’tel’lanni could feel the heat of Reveille’s gaze on her own back, briefly. Armitage went to her, a distraction that would give a few more seconds. “Do you want her resentment of you to fester and seethe, or do you want an opportunity to quash it before it grows roots?”

Reveille was a hard person to like, or earn the trust of, that was true. Kos’tel’lanni would not say otherwise, and it made her value the friendship all the more, in some ways. To feel such immense guilt in sending her off to death. To lie about Lavinia.

“The Grand Marshall won’t be talked into such things often, nor, I imagine, will any of us have much opportunity. You are free to deny it,” she said, leaning back a bit as she said that, the physical, and actual, offer of space – but with the awareness of the situation offered, as well.

Reveille would not be inclined to warm within the cold halls of the Order. Within her role. It might only fester and deepen, particularly if Althea remained so close to Armitage. Reveille would remain protective of her brother, after all.

And wonder.

Behind them, Reveille and Armitage discussed his brief plan to go planet-side, his talk of going down to Lothal, “…be taking Lieutenant Storax—”

“No, you can’t take the lieutenant!” Rani whined immediately, after handing over the cat, “She has come with us!” And she grabbed Reveille’s arm, spurring a confused expression to cross both Hux’s faces, “’Tel’s been going on and on about her, and this is like, our only holiday – and we gotta celebration the promotions!”

“I don’t see why she has to come,” Reveille muttered.

“Because I like her and we need a girl’s night!”

~***~

Nyx listened to the plans, which seemed to be about starting a rumor in Lothal. “If I may?” She waited a beat, “It would be better to keep the First Order where we know they will be. If we keep Lothal relatively free of insurgency, it will be easier to infiltrate their ranks. They will not tighten security, or look into who is in the area as much. We will then be able to stage a much larger, much more effective, single strike, rather than senselessly agitating the masses. I do believe the presence in Lothal, however, will be effective.”

It was good to have them there, good to move them in, but she did not want to agitate too much. That was likely going to have a negative reaction in causing pointless fights that would amount to little. The First Order would clamp down, harder.

As to the comment on the Force hindering, she did find herself chuckling a bit, “Yes, I have heard. I believe it may be more effective to go after his little scientist on Serenno, before he markets it en-mass, as I suspect both he and Tarkin wish to do.”

They didn’t care if the First Order had it. The Resistance. Anyone.

They just wanted to harm the Force Users of the galaxy, which could not be allowed. The friendship was of no concern. Destroying the mind behind the technology before it spread, was.

Lavinia wanted to be petty and respond to Kos’tel’lanni’s inquiry Maybe I do. She can die mad. She didn’t see how it was possible for the two of them to get along in any capacity, even while Kos’tel’lanni tried to say otherwise.

“But what if it’s too late? What if that resentment did already root?” Which she was so inclined to believe.

After all, it was because of her that Lavinia felt she had taken five steps back with Armitage after gaining a foot. Was it true? It’s what Lavinia felt was true, so she was not inclined to think of the woman in any positive image.

But to appease Kos’tel’lanni’s attempts, Lavinia offered a stipulation she believed wouldn’t happen. “If the Grand Marshall willingly agrees to have me join in, then I will do so.” And she firmly believed that Reveille would never agree to it.

And if she did?

Then, well, fuck.

~~

Kylo listened to the slight flaw in his plan for Lothal, and he couldn’t help but nod in agreement. Insurgencies could mean more soldiers, more officers, and more weapons to quell whatever the causation was. “Perhaps you are right.” Of course she was right. “One of the Knights will be planted there as a form of a sleeper agent, and we will strike at the opportune time.”

If he wanted to launch a surprise attack against the First Order, he had to trick them, and catch them by surprise. They wouldn’t expect a Knight of Ren to be on Lothal, carefully watching from the shadows, while they built up their allies and resources.

“Yes, I do recall their scientist on Serenno. Should we stage an unfortunate accident for him, or send someone to watch him for now?”

Kylo’s hands itched for the scientist’s death, but for him to die so soon after Kylo disappeared from the First Order’s radar? Everyone may be able to point the cause to him, and thus, increasing the potential for them to find him.

But either way, they had to stop that scientist before the technology spread to their enemies.

Lavinia was worried. Her worries were justified, and Kos’tel’lanni wouldn’t argue against it. “She used to hate Sienar,” she offered instead. A petty rivalry that built over years until they both realized neither of them were their families. Admiral Hux wasn’t some luxurious officer’s daughter, and Sienar wasn’t just some rich heir. They had both put in the time and effort to earn their ranks.

And a bit more – but Kos’tel’lanni couldn’t fault the working relationship between the two. It kept them out of trouble and she knew for herself Sienar wasn’t in his position as Commander because he was solely a good fuck.

At the stipulation, Kos’tel’lanni nodded. “Done.” She turned back towards Reveille, Armitage, and Rani, and crossed the short distance back to them after Rani’s own plea.

She knew Reveille was about to slap it down, “Lieutenant Storax has expressed an interest in going with us, Supreme Leader. Given all that has occurred, I think it would be a benefit to her, and to us, for her to accompany us. I promise I will keep them all out of trouble,” Kos’tel’lanni offered, and Armitage frowned a bit at that, glanced towards Althea.

She wanted to go? With Reveille?

Even Reveille arched a brow, “Why does she want to come?”

Kos’tel’lanni shifted to cheunh immediately, “Because I want her to, and I want you to take some time to get to know her, as well. I know it’s been a difficult day. I won’t let anything happen.”

Armitage looked annoyed with the language barrier facing him again, “My aide is the one in question, is there a reason you can’t speak in Basic, Kos’tel’lanni?”

Reveille sighed, “She’s just bribing me. Fine, she can come along, but we’re not staying on Lothal.”

Armitage sighed, but allowed it. He didn’t need her to go see the vet, even if he may have liked her company. These were things he could tend to himself, and while the Order celebrated, he could handle the matters of the cat and organizing on his own. It might even be good if he did so.

“Yay! Lieutenant – we have got to get you in something better than that!” Rani noted, Reveille already turning away to change, Sienar not-so discreetly following after her, asking after the events – and no doubt trying to get permission to tag along.

~***~

Nyx gave an indulgent, grateful smile as Kylo listened to her reason for questioning the matter of an uprising on Lothal. “Thank you for understanding my concerns, Commander,” she offered to that, as if she would have truly deferred to his use of the Knights there, truly honored the role, and not simply had the knight executed.

Not that he’d ever know that, or need to know that.

“That depends,” Nyx purred over the consideration, “I do not believe he should be merely watched. He must either be killed or captured. Captured, he may be useful in bringing enemies to us, if he’s cooperative. Dead, he is no more a threat. If we can then find his plans, and find most of the product, we can eliminate the threat that he presents to us.”

It was the easier route, of course. However, luring people to them with the offer of such things, or more, was also, potentially, useful. “Which route would you prefer, Commander Ren?”

The reveal that she used to dislike Sienar did not help matters. Lavinia couldn’t exactly hate fuck her way into Reveille’s good graces. Nor does she want to.

She couldn’t say anything more before Kos’tel’lanni agreed to her deal. The Chiss turned away, and Lavinia tugged at her bottom lip with her teeth as she watched from some distance. Their voices didn’t travel that far, so she wasn’t able to hear what was being said.

Her eyes met Armitage as he glanced her way, and she was quick to avert them, like some adolescent girl caught looking at the boy she liked. That’s just ridiculous. Her arms crossed over her chest in some attempt to feel less awkward to just stand there and wait for the verdict.

Her heart dropped in her chest when Rani yelled out for her. I never promised I would be nice. She swallowed a grimace, and only walked over to them after Reveille had started walking away. “What exactly is it we’re doing?” She had nothing extra with her, but she recalled the many dresses Kos’tel’lanni owned. Perhaps she could borrow one again…

And maybe Armitage could see me in it before we leave.

No, not that. She didn’t care how he looked at her. Or that he did at all.

~~

Her words enticed him. She spoke without any malice, spoke like she truly listened and considered every idea Kylo offered, and that drew him in. Before people only did it because they had to, because they feared him, or because they had every intention of shooting it down.

And this was why he was so much more accepting of the ideas Nyx had. I should’ve joined you earlier.

“Capture may be in our best interest. Not only could he act like bait, but he can then give us all the information we need on the products, as well as any other allies we may not know about.” He wished to see how much he could make Tarkin, and even Reveille, squirm with holding the knowledge that he had this scientist over them.

Would they feign disinterest? Would they do what he wanted to ensure his safety? Not that he had any intention of letting the scientist live.

He played with the manipulation of the Force. He had to take that knowledge to his grave.

Armitage also lingered as Althea approached, “I, too, would like to know where you’ll be,” in case something happened. In case they didn’t return after a day.

Kos’tel’lanni saw no reason for duplicity in this, “I was considering Takodana,” she offered.

Armitage’s eyes widened a bit, “We attacked Takodana.”

“Maz doesn’t hold a grudge,” she answered, “and we can blame it on Kylo Ren,” another good thing. “Takodana remains neutral and welcomes all. They did this in the era of the Empire, and they do it now. Even back when there were Sith and Jedi, Maz welcomed all.” Maz was known even among the Chiss due to her longevity and former life as a pirate. “If there is any trouble towards us, Maz will handle it.”

Armitage didn’t believe that. His eyes narrowed, but Kos’tel’lanni wasn’t going to just walk them all into danger. In truth, it was probably safer than most worlds they’d overtaken, where resentment would be near the surface. “Very well. All of you are expected by 600, galactic standard time.”

“We will be back by then,” Kos’tel’lanni promised.

He gave one last look to Althea, considered a word, and then just offered a, “Try to stay out of trouble, Lieutenant,” before he left, mentally kicking himself for the words. He could have been a bit nicer.

~***~

Nyx did not express any concern with this. Learning of what the man knew, in greater detail, was advantageous. As was using him as bait. “Very well. Then capture shall be the goal. Would you prefer to handle that matter with my apprentice, or send one of your knights?”

Either option was valid, either option allowable, each with its advantages, and disadvantages. A delay for Kylo to do so only meant he’d go to the Core a little later, or perhaps begin to work angles to use the scientist, instead of manipulating individuals in the Core.

No matter, the scientist angle was a good one to play, and Nyx knew that the power the scientist held would entice many into risks to acquire it.

Their enemies would perish, one by one, in attempts to thwart them.

Of all the places? Takodana? Lavinia was equally surprised to hear the suggestion. A neutral territory that both sides frequented, would it be wise for them to go there? What if someone from the Resistance was there? Or a Resistance ally?

Maybe Kos’tel’lanni already thought that out and had a plan. You better hope nothing happens.

She had expected Armitage to argue more against their destination, but he caved when Kos’tel’lanni presented her argument. Which only meant she had to agree to the plans. Begrudgingly.

The set time to return seemed reasonable enough, although she hoped they would be back way before then. Armitage then turned towards her, and offered her some words that sent a kick to her gut. Of course that’s how he thinks of you. The incident on the ship only proved it enough in her mind.

Lavinia said nothing as the man left. Wordlessly, she turned back to the ladies and offered a forced smile. “I believe you mentioned something about getting me out of this uniform?”

~~

Kylo glanced over at his Knights as he considered Nyx’s question. He needed to focus on the Core with her apprentice. That would be advantageous to achieve as soon as possible, before the First Order could reign in a tighter grasp on those planets.

The other Knight spoke up. “I can do it. I’ll go to Serenno and apprehend this scientist.” Anything to stop this cruel technology from making its way into the galaxy.

“Very well,” Kylo nodded. This way, he could focus on his own task while his Knights were on their own missions. Slowly, allies would be spread all over the galaxy to cripple their enemies in ways they did not anticipate.

“Is there anything else you wished to discuss?” Kylo turned to look back at Nyx. He knew more was to be said, but that may had to wait until their plans have started falling into place.

“Yeeeees! You’re not gonna have any fun in that stuffy thing,” Rani said, “I have some things, or, or I know ‘Tel has a lot of things! Though we’re both blue so I’m not sure if any of it really suits your skin tone,” Rani gave her a once-over, as if debating what color could possibly look good on her.

Despite being surrounded by humans, she didn’t think much of it.

“She has seen my closet,” Kos’tel’lanni noted, “However, if there was something else you think you might enjoy wearing to a night out on Takodana, I am happy to let you borrow it. Or you may go see what it is that Rani has.”

Rani bobbed her head, happy no matter what, to just get out of her own uniform and into something else. Anything else. She wanted to relax and have fun, and she knew Kos’tel’lanni was always the good, designated sober person. She was able to relax. Kos’tel’lanni would punch anyone in the face who bothered her too much.

~***~

The Master shook her head, “No, I believe for now, that is all that we have need of discussing. Zeme’lodi’csapla will introduce you to those in the Core that you can influence, and the other pieces shall begin to move to infiltrate the First Order, and cut off their most dear resources. When it is time, I will ask you to Dathomir, or when you are ready.”

When he was ready for what? She did not say. His journey with Zeme’lodi’csapla would show him much, and he would see that he needed more training. He needed to put more trust in Darth Nyx and reveal himself, welcome himself, into her instruction.

“Unless you have other questions, or other concerns?” Again, that easy openness seeped into her tone, her gaze inviting his curiosity rather than demeaning his ignorance.

“I have borrowed a dress from her closet before,” Lavinia added on. Kos’tel’lanni had many dresses that would flatter her, though curiosity gnawed at her for what kind of clothes Rani may be able to offer her. “Although I believe our shoe sizes were quite different.”

If she was forced to go out, then she would wear a nice dress and something other than her First Order-issued boots. Maybe even flirt and momentarily forget about everything that has happened.

“I am quite curious to see what it is you have,” she offered to Rani. Her body type seemed similar enough to her own, that borrowing should be a breeze. “It will also give us a moment to catch up.” The smile Lavinia gave Rani was more genuine than the one she previously forced.

The hyperactive Twi’lek entertained her and allowed her to laugh. And the last time they talked was when she and Mitaka were giving her a tour of the Finalizer.

Quite a bit has happened since then.

~~

Her vague description in detailing his journey to Dathomir only created more questions for Kylo, and with her easiness and seemingly open to answer any questions he may have? He took the bait and tested the limits.

Snoke was not as open to questions, and he withheld many questions from Reveille in hopes of not seeming ignorant in his position and leading to doubts in his ability to lead. And look at where you are now.

“What is it you meant when you said ‘when you are ready’? Shouldn’t I just simply journey there when we are done with the Core?” If the ability to go there hinged on the expectation that he should know something more by then created a spark of fear in him. A fear fanned by the doubt that always haunted him.

You are never good enough. You never had been.

But she also mentioned that she may simply ask him there. He held on to that, for that is all he had hope for. A weakness he would not be so willing to share. With his Knights, or with this woman and her apprentice.

Rani clasped her hands together. “Yay!” She was eager to share her wardrobe, which would, admittedly, be a bit more scandalous than Kos’tel’lanni’s offerings. Even if the twi’lek stereotype annoyed her, how could she not show off? She wasn’t going to let such things get in her way.

“We’ll be at hangar one when you’re ready,” Kos’tel’lanni added, smiling to herself before she would turn off.

“Follow me!” Rani said, motioning for Althea to do just that, as she took a different turn from Kos’tel’lanni to take her to her own room. It was closer to the barracks of the soldiers – well, the TIE pilots, anyways. Despite her rank, she still kept her quarters close to the rank-and-file that made up her own squadron.

Many of which were out of their rooms and in the halls, celebrating a day off duty, and shouting at Rani whether or not she’d been promoted yet. “I don’t know, I don’t know! I’ll ask later!” She called to them as she walked by, giggling a bit with the excitement. “I can’t believe we’re rid of them. I need to thank Reveille properly for doing that later.”

Sure, it put a lot of lives at risk – but Kylo was gone. The Order was free. “But what did you need to borrow a dress from ‘Tel for?”

~***~

Again, Nyx listened without interruption, or without her expression shifting to one of disdain or agitation. “That may be the case, that you do not arrive until you are done in the Core,” Nyx agreed with that sentiment. “But I do not wish to bar you from leaving the Core if you feel that you need to, or want to. Your journey through the Force is a personal one, as it is for all of us, and I cannot judge when you will feel a desire to come to Dathomir, or when matters will call you to Dathomir.”

The scientist matter may call him to it, for one. “I may also have need of you to come to Dathomir before you have finished, and at that time I hope you shall heed the request,” not order, no, request.

Carefully, she tried to avoid the landmines that was Kylo Ren’s anger, infamous as it was, and as obvious as it was.

“You know that there are things in the Force that I know, that you do not. I have learned from many sources, and you will begin to see more as you travel with my apprentice. If you are stricken during your ventures, I will not deny furthering your teachings at that time, though your actions in the Core are critical to our success – I believe that denying a student when they are ready is a betrayal of my position and of your own, for you are already a student of many, and a master of others.”

For a fleeting moment, Lavinia held some minor regret in choosing Rani, if only for her sheer energy levels. She reminded her much like an excited puppy, but Lavinia couldn’t deny the organic smile that stretched across her lips.

She followed after Rani, occasionally having to speed up to catch up to her once they were in the halls of the TIE pilots congratulating her. None paid her any attention, not when the center of their focus was Rani.

The mention of Reveille elicited no response from her, but the following question did. “Supreme Leader Hux and I were going to Canto Bight to talk with a potential doonium dealer, and I suggested we actually look the part as to not stick out there and sway the client in our favor. He agreed, and I had to borrow a dress from Kos’tel’lanni.”

Nothing more, nothing less.

~~

Her continued words drew Kylo in further. She offered him what he’s always wanted to hear, but he himself didn’t even realized it. She gave him agency in his journey, which had never been granted to him before. Even as his brief tenure as Supreme Leader, he still felt trapped by objectives and missions he had to do.

This newfound agency was another reason for Kylo to trust Darth Nyx.

He nodded at the answer she gave him. “I understand.” A tongue peeked out to moisten his lips, a chance for him to think a second further. “And I thank you for this. For this second chance to do what I should’ve done in the first place.” No longer will the First Order lead him blind.

“I can only hope to learn a lot more under you.” And his Knights should agree as well. Their first Master was Luke Skywalker, and so they all had that shared experience of being failed by him. And they still needed more guidance to help them in their journey with the Force and the Darkside.

“Oh! That must have been so exciting! I need to get out to Canto Bight more. Everyone there is so disgustingly well dressed and thinks they’re hot shit,” her enthusiasm mingled with her bitterness, her mockery, towards them. She didn’t like Canto Bight, but the aesthetic of it? It intrigued her, “You must have looked beautiful! I bet not even the Supreme Leader could keep his eyes off of you – and I would have killed to see him in anything other than his uniform.”

Which, now that she thought of it, as they came to her door, “I wonder if he’s going to start wearing that gold robe now?” She wondered how Reveille’s uniform would shift. There hadn’t been a Grand Marshall since…ever.

She opened the door to her room, smaller than Kos’tel’lanni’s. It had its own bathroom, thankfully, and it had a living space, and a single room, but there was no kitchen space, no private office, and the room sizes were still smaller.

Still, Rani led on towards her own room, and she threw open the closet.

Her black TIE uniforms were there, as were her more formal white uniforms, but behind all of those were the dresses, swimwear, exercise attire, and everything else not sanctioned by the First Order. “Have your pick!”

~***~

Hook, line, and sinker.

Darth Nyx could sense his appreciation, his excitement, to move forward. And he would. He was powerful in the Force, and in spite of his age, still malleable, so long as she knew where not to step. He, thankfully, gave himself away only too easily with his emotions. Nyx was certain she could guide him well on the path.

“You are welcome,” she inclined her head slightly, and rose, “I will resume my ventures out. Discord, you will go with him.”

“Yes, Master.” She agreed with no fuss, “We will contact you if we need you.”

“And I will be there,” she said, and she would turn to leave them with that, to go forth with arranging the start of infiltrating the First Order.

“Oh, Canto Bight is certainly something.” She recalled the lecherous leer of Anolo and the heavy greed of everyone around them. If she never returned, she would be happy.

Lavinia scoffed. Armitage? Looking at her in the way Rani suggested? Ridiculous. “I doubt he even noticed. The suit he wore was a bit different, but I think he mentioned something of how it was a graduation suit?” She couldn’t recall. It was such a tiny detail on what was an eventful day.

Rani’s musing created a humorous image in Lavinia’s mind of Armitage swimming in that gold fabric. It wouldn’t suit his hair at all. “Not if he still wants to get taken seriously,” she snorted.

Her room reminded Lavinia something closer to what she imagined a First Order officer would have, although still a little bigger than standard. She did have a high position, and was about to assume command of Commander. She may even be upgraded.

She followed to the closet, and the array of dresses caught her attention. “Oh my, these are certainly different than Kos’tel’lanni’s.” Her fingers delicately traced over the soft fabrics before stopping on a black dress, flimsy fabric detailed with floral patterns. She picked it up, astonished by how little fabric there really was. “Is this a dress or a piece of lingerie?”

Her fingers continued to exam the dress, taking note of how little her chest would be covered and the cutouts that would show off her flat stomach. “I suppose we don’t share a shoe size, do we?”

~~

Kylo gave Nyx a parting nod as she made her way to leave. He was eager to start this new journey, for he felt hopeful that things may actually go his way.

She left, and he was left with the two Knights and Nyx’s apprentice, Discord, who hadn’t said many words since their arrival.

Was she just as agreeable as her Master? Or would they butt heads in trying to reach their goals?

“We, too, should make our leave,” one of the Knights suggested. Their presence was still heavily noticeable by the locals. Three towering men in black robes, two of which also wearing helmets, and a Chiss weren’t a sight seen every day, even by regular travelers of the galaxy.

Kylo agreed. There was no point in remaining in the cantina any longer. “I take it you two came here on the same ship?”

They both nodded. “And we can send word to the other Knights what is going on.”

“We’ll probably have them lay low for now until we make some advancement in our plans. But tell them to prepare.” Prepare for battle. Prepare for relocation. Prepare for anything they are needed for.

Rani giggled along with the thought of Hux in the gold robe, and trying to be taken seriously. He probably wouldn’t do that, but it was a fun image nonetheless. She might have to have someone draw it, just so she could truly see it. “No, he’ll probably be boring and stick to black.”

Unfortunate. Reveille would probably stick to white, too.

At the comment on her wardrobe, Rani’s smile widened, “I don’t think so, but,” Rani shrugged, as if to say it could be used that way, as well. Stars knew there was enough lace and carefully placed non-transparent aspects to that dress. One wrong move and there was a slip. “Double-sided tape can be your friend with that one. You know, unless you want to flash people.”

She reached in and took a dress for herself, a short, dark dress who’s textured fabric almost gave the illusion of sparkles, in the right light. It was nearly sheer – just enough to tease. “You can wear that one if you want!” She told Althea, “Or any of the others! Help yourself! And uh, shoes…I don’t know. You can try them on?” She gestured at the variety she had, “I tend to wear a size 7, 7 ½, depending.”

Not all shoes were made equal.

~***~

The Knights were leaving, and Discord would offer them no farewell. She didn’t even know their names. They were, apparently, of no concern to her master for Nyx had not taken advantage of them, but let Kylo play them how he liked. Unconcerned. Would they be useful? Would they be destroyed?

It wasn’t something she concerned herself with.

They had no destiny here.

She looked over to Kylo, “We should depart as well. The First Order is securing the Core. We need to go to the planets they haven’t yet secured.” To start the stirrings of upheaval, to convince them to come together and fight. To help them realize the Order wasn’t right.

He looks good in black though she found herself thinking, which she quickly erased from her thoughts. “You’re probably right,” was what Lavinia did end up saying. He was a stickler for the rules, and for everything being in order. No doubt that would also follow him in how he dressed.

A mischievous smirk crossed Lavinia’s lips as she held up the scandalous dress to her body. “Maybe that’s exactly what I want.” It was daring, and she thought of how she would make it through the ship back to the hangar in this...piece of fabric.

She smiled at the dress Rani picked out for herself. “And you will definitely have all the eyes on you in that.” She would practically sparkle under the lights as her personality shined just as bright. The shoes may be a bit small on her, but Lavinia would try a few to see if there were any she could handle for a few hours. Anything had to be better than the boots she wore with the dress in her hands.

“I’ll go take the bathroom to get changed,” she offered, stepped out of the closet with her first pick in hand.

~~

Kylo nodded in agreement. There was nothing more left for them on Endor, and the sooner they left, the better.

He still wasn’t quite sure what to make of the Chiss. She was quieter than Nyx, although that could’ve been more of the result of their Master and Apprentice dynamic. Or it was simply who she was.

Her silence would be a stark difference than what he was accustomed to. Some part wished for someone more talkative instead of absolute silence, but as long as she would speak up before a major accident happened, or just simply when she needed to, he could deal with it.

You want someone more similar to Reveille. Kylo nearly scoffed at the idea. It was ludicrous. And besides, she was still on the ship, with Armitage and Althea. But his mind was made up with all three of them.

They had to die.

“My ship is just right outside the village.” He stood from the chair and led the way out of the cantina, ignoring how many pairs of eyes followed them.

Rani’s grin touched on wicked as Althea agreed to the dress – as scandalous as it could be. “You get it, girl!” She said, and easily let her slide by to the bathroom. As soon as the door was shut, she’d strip out of her own attire and slip into the mini-dress, along with a pair of sparkling heels.

How could she avoid sparkles now?

She moved off to grab a few bits of sparkling jewelry, waiting for Althea to finish up in the bathroom so she could add touches of make-up – a shimmering gloss, and a few more sparkles to the lids of her eyes.

She was certain they’d all stand out – Kos’tel’lanni more than most because she tended to prefer a startling red, but most nights they drew plenty of attention and eyes, when they went out together, all for their own reasons. Having Althea along was going to be an interesting addition. “We gotta get you out shopping one of these days so you have your own clothes for these events.”

Because of course, Rani wanted her along in the future.

~***~

The knights left, and Kylo had no reason to stay, thankfully. Discord rose and followed after Kylo, moving the hood of her robe up to hide her features as they moved. There was little point to it now, but she intended to stay obscured.

People mistook her for a pantoran when they couldn’t see her eyes.

His ship was indeed there.

Door open.

Ramp down.

Discord arched a brow at it, wanting to question why he’d leave a ship out in the open, unlocked. Was he not afraid of scavengers? However, she kept her silence on that, except to comment, “It does seem a nice ship.” Strange that it wasn’t yet in pieces.

Lavinia shut the bathroom door behind her, and she stripped out of her uniform, which she carefully folded and left by the wall. The dress slipped over her skin and strategically hid the more salient points of her body, but she began to wonder if she should accept Rani’s offer on that fashion tape.

Be daring. Take a risk. And of course she decided to forgo the tape.

She straightened out the dress once more, giving herself a quick glance over. Satisfied, she opened the door as Rani spoke of buying her more clothes for such occasions. Lavinia wanted to tell her that it all depending on how Reveille treated her, but she bit back the retort.

“Maybe,” she mused. Her eyes scanned the Twi’lek, and she gave a low whistle in acceptance. “You look absolutely amazing. It will be impossible for anyone to take their eyes off of you.”

~~

The opened door sent that familiar spark of anger in his veins. There was only one reason that door would be open, and the ramp down.

“No...” he mumbled, hurrying up the ramp in a few long strides. Of course they would find a way to escape. Of course they were able to get past and just...walk out.

The bedroom door was left wide open, which meant that someone had messed with the lock mechanism. You clever bitch. The anger bubbled to the surface after he had managed to subdue it so well in the cantina.

With an enraged cry, Kylo balled his fist and slammed it into the nearest wall, denting the metal. With his new plans, their disappearance didn’t matter as much, but it still served as a sore point in his capabilities.

He would get his revenge one day. One day, they will be begging for his mercy.

Without a word to explain his outburst, Kylo took a seat in the pilot’s chair, but yet another problem presented itself.

No fuel.

His jaw clenched in building unbridled fury. “You wouldn’t happen to have fuel on you, would you?” Kylo knew it was a ridiculous question, but he dared her to say anything that would anger him right then.

Rani beamed at the compliment, twirling a moment, “Thank you~,” it wasn’t as if she didn’t know it, but she enjoyed the compliment all the same, “And you look good, Althea! I may just have to let you keep that dress,” she said as she moved by to the restroom. “See if any of the shoes fit! We can’t have you going in those boots – if nothing works, we’ll find someone with your size!”

Someone who had at least a pair black heels. There had to be someone. No matter how simple, they’d have to be better than Althea’s boots.

They would just ruin the look.

“Have you ever been to Takodana before?” She asked before she started to apply the gloss and finish her preparations.

~***~

‘So you weren’t an idiot.’ The ship had been broken into. Or something. Zeme’lodi’csapla followed after Kylo and observed his anger, as he punched the wall.

She wouldn’t ask. Not right then. She watched him go to the cockpit and followed after, retaining her silence and resolve not to poke at what was bothering him. Though, when he asked about fuel, she opened her hands and moved her black robe a bit to show she didn’t have much at all.

Her lightsaber.

Her datapad.

“I could reach out to Darth Nyx. She may have some to spare,” and she likely wasn’t gone yet. Already, Discord was reaching for her datapad to send the message.

“And depending on how many drinks it buys me, I may be quite happy to keep it.” She moved back into the closet to look at the shoes. They laid out in a variety of styles and colors, but for now, Lavinia focused on any strappy heels she could find.

The first pair she picked were way too small. Followed by the second pair. The idea of asking around until they found someone with her size did not appeal to Lavinia. Knowing her luck, that person would end up being Reveille.

The next pair she picked, simple black straps with heels a little higher than necessary for someone of her height, felt the tiniest bit uncomfortable, but they worked, and she could deal for a few hours.

“No, this would be my first time.” A slight lie. Lavinia had found herself on the planet once before, but she hadn’t met Maz then.

She figured it was best that Rani didn’t know. Her natural curiosity would only lead them down more questions.

~~

Kylo loathed the idea of asking for help from Darth Nyx so soon after she left. It only emphasized his sheer incompetence, something he had been told frequently in the past.

And he himself believed quite often.

But, the longer he thought about it, the more he realized he was in a helpless situation. He was now without credits. Most of his contacts, except for the Knights of Ren, were First Order affiliated.

Kylo Ren had very little right now except for what was in the ship.

And so he gave a resigned nod. What other choice did he have? One day, they will regret doing this to me.

Rani couldn’t help the laugh at that, “I’m sure you won’t pay for a single drink!” Rani encouraged, putting aside the gloss as Althea tried on her shoes. She finished touching up with some sparkles to her eyelids, and then came out, nodding in approval. “Those should work just fine – they make your legs look ridiculously long!”

Which was a good thing.

She gestured back towards the restroom, “If there’s anything you want to touch up, you can. I don’t have a hairbrush, but…you’re welcome to anything else,” she had just gotten back from a mission and was far from her own ship.

Rani wasn’t about to be disturbed by germs or anything else. She had enough siblings that she’d shared with, and occasionally some of the other female TIE fighters who were starting to realize there was a little more freedom on Reveille’s ship, compared to some of the others.

~***~

Discord did wait long enough for his nod, before she would send a quick message to Nyx. As expected, it was answered just as quickly, “She’ll be over in a moment.” Discord’s own pad would serve as a homing beacon, in a way, “She says she can share the fuel her ship has; she has a hose.”

Kylo’s sense of desperation, of hopelessness, and rage, were all apparent. Should she tell him there was no shame in asking for help?

She didn’t think it was a terribly good idea. The security that Nyx had in speaking with him, was lost on her. She was not the same sort of confident speaker as Kos’tel’lanni, either. Certainly, not before she knew how someone would react, anyways.

It didn’t take long before another ship could be heard outside, landing in the clearing besides them. It was a smaller ship, sleek and black.

Lavinia could only agree with Rani. They both should be able to get away with free drinks for the night, with the way Rani’s dressed teased at what hid underneath. She smiled at the further compliment, responding with a thank you. It had certainly been some time since she dressed up in this manner, but she wasn’t complaining.

“Let me see what I can do.” She stepped into the bathroom, and the first thing she took care of was her hair. The bobby pins were pulled out, and her fingers tousled her hair into some semblance of a nighttime look.

Satisfied, she perused the cosmetics Rani did have. A kohl liner and some lipstick would have to do. Lavinia lined her eyes with the kohl, and the lipstick painted her lips a deep burgundy red, the perfect finishes for her look.

“I can’t thank you enough for helping me out.” She stepped out of the bathroom, offering a smile to the other woman. “Are we ready to meet up with the others?”

Which meant resisting the urge to snap at Reveille. Or cause physical harm. Well, she better behave as well.

~~

Kylo muttered a soft ‘thank you’ at the help Discord provided without hesitance or hint of mockery. It aided in calming him down some, but the desperation and rage still lingered in the shadows, ready to strike out without notice.

They were silent as they waited, and fortunately that wait wasn’t long. He heard the whir of a ship outside, and in a few quick movements, Kylo was out of the chair and down the ramp.

The pilot blood in his veins took notice of the sleek design of the ship. It was one who would enjoy testing out one day, if the weight of their goals did not sit so heavily on his mind.

“I can’t think you enough for this help. This...setback was an unforeseen circumstance.” And one that wouldn’t happen again.

Rani waved her hand dismissively at the gratitude, “It was nothing! I can’t wear all my dresses all at once, someone should shine in them!” And if they fit, all the better! “We should definitely get back to the others, though. Takodana is waiting!”

She enjoyed Takodana. Maz was quite the amusing character. Kos’tel’lanni and Reveille both avoided looking her in the eyes, but Rani had done so before. She’d gotten an interesting fortune before. Kos’tel’lanni had mentioned Maz was Force sensitive, but so far Rani hadn’t seen evidence of it.

It didn’t strike her that divination through a stare could be just that.

She left her room and waited for Althea, before she’d make sure the door was actually locked behind her.

There were plenty of TIE fighters out and about, and while most were aware of what Rani got up to on some days, the newcomer was just that – new. A few wolf whistles broke the walk back, “Hey! Is she a new pilot?” Someone called, and others were also just as interested in who this woman was.

“She’s the Supreme Leader’s aide,” the emphasis on the word was followed with a giggle, and it seemed to earn disappointed responses, though not from all – not those who had determined the former General was a sexless being and just shouted congratulations on the position.

Eventually, they would make it to the hangar where Reveille’s ship was. Kos’tel’lanni was waiting outside, in a dripping red dress that had high slits on either side, but Reveille was not, “Is Reveille late?”

“No, she’s in the ship,” Kos’tel’lanni answered simply, before motioning them both on in, as well, “It seems Rani’s attire fits well,” Kos’tel’lanni noted.

“I know!” Rani was quite excited about that, too, apparently. “Once we get her a wardrobe we might be able to swap clothes!”

~***~

Darth Nyx had stepped out of her own ship to utilize the Force in maneuvering the hose so that the fuel could be shifted. “You’re welcome,” she said as Kylo thanked her, seeming almost apologetic for being in the situation as he made promises of it not happening again.

She did not dismiss those, but she did not respond to those promises, either. “I can spare enough to get you to the Core. You will need to refuel once you get there,” she offered guidance on what would be available for his use.

Discord had funds. She could easily buy the fuel that would continue their journey through the galaxy and across various planets. While she was a skilled pilot – better than Nyx, the woman would admit – she did not yet have her own vessel.

Time with Kylo may change that. Nyx made a note to anticipate her apprentice returning with that desire.

Lavinia smiled at Rani’s enthusiasm, as it proved to be rather contagious on her. Takodana was, despite a previous visit, an unknown place to her, outside of what knowledge she already possessed on the planet. Such as the rumors that surrounded Maz, and the various types of aliens from across the galaxy that visited her cantina, minus the First Order and the Resistance.

They made their way down the corridors, and the few wolf whistles went ignored by her, although she did send a hand wave to those few who did congratulate her on her position.

It seemed not everyone had the same mindset as Sienar.

Eventually they arrived in the hangar with Reveille’s ship. Lavinia eyed Kos’tel’lanni’s dress with an approving smile. “That color looks absolutely gorgeous on you.”

She chuckled at Rani’s continued enthusiasm, but truthfully, she just couldn’t see this happening again. Not with the new positions they were all about to take, and not with the inclusion of the woman who would probably rather see her dead. “Well, shall we?” She gestured up the ramp to the ship, where apparently Reveille waited for them.

~~

Kylo’s gaze shifted to the hose of the ship that moved, due to her manipulation of the Force, to transfer the fuel to his ship. Even if neither women appeared angry at him, he couldn’t help the lingering frustration on his mind at what he just discovered in his ship. Or rather, what wasn’t in his ship.

There was nothing that could change it now. Nor could he go after them immediately. There were plans in place that would eventually lead him to that position, and he must be patient.

Nyx explained what would be his next steps concerning fuel, and he nodded. That he could do, he just needed to be able to get there first, which she was quick to remedy.

With no mention of credits, he silently wondered if her apprentice would have some for their journey. If not, he could find a way in the Core to obtain some. Simple mind manipulation could do wonders on a person. “And this should be the last obstacle before we travel to the Core.”

Kos’tel’lanni arched a brow as Lavinia seemed intent to stay back and motion her ahead, after her own gesture. Nonetheless, she moved. She didn’t intend to delay, and Rani was clearly oblivious – or just didn’t care – and bounced in after her. Kos’tel’lanni slid into the co-pilot’s seat easily, as Reveille occupied the pilot’s seat.

“You’re not wearing white?” Rani sounded surprised as she took the seat behind Kos’tel’lanni, noticing Reveille was in a short, black dress, with a deep plunge, throat covered by black.

That had been the main reason Reveille chose the dress. It hid most of the bruises on its own. The rest were covered up easily enough. She didn’t have enough time to treat with bacta.

Reveille didn’t mention that, just shook her head, “You should wear black more often. Or, you know, colors.” Rani teased easily, and Reveille just rolled her eyes, starting the preparations to move the ship out of the hangar wordlessly once she was certain all were in the ship.

Rani and Kos’tel’lanni apparently wanted to get to know Althea better. She didn’t want to ruin their fun. Silence always seemed to be the better option over talking, when she didn’t like someone.

~***~

Again, Kylo tried to draw the attention to his promise of being better, of this being the only obstacle in his way. Nyx wondered at it, though she wasn’t surprised. Snoke was not known to be a generous task master. No doubt, Kylo felt as if he could not ask for help. As if he had to make assurances for any failure.

Rather than speak to that, she said, “I know that you will do well in the Core,” a testament of faith in him, regardless of this situation, or future situations, before she began to unhook the hose with the Force and draw it back into her own ship, closing up both systems effortlessly.

“We will see each other again soon,” she said, “May the Force be with you.” She added, before she would again turn back to her own vessel to depart.

As Lavinia watched the others ascend the ramp, she momentarily considered her odds in running for safety. Just slip off her heels and find somewhere she can hide until Armitage returned from visiting Lothal.

She sighed. No, that wouldn’t work. Besides, she did make a deal with Kos’tel’lanni, and she had to see it through. Her heels clicked against the steel ramp soon after Rani made her own way into the ship.

Wordlessly she chose a seat near Rani, who she believed could do the best in making the night somewhat fun. Oh kriff, I can’t even have alcohol. Alcohol would only lead to loose lips, and that was something she could not risk.

The other two were talking to Reveille as she took her seat, so Lavinia, for the moment, opted to remain silent. There was nothing she could think to say to the woman, or her choice in attire.

~~

Even if Kylo didn’t realize it, he fell into Nyx’s words so easily. Her reassurances. Her belief in him. It was strange for him, but it drew him in more than he knew.

Kylo was so starved for positive attention and affection, and he was so blind to the fact.

“May the Force be with you,” he repeated, briefly watching her return to her own ship. In a turn on his heels, Kylo walked back up the ramp to his ship, motioning for Discord to follow him, although he knew she would be right behind. He took his seat back in the pilot’s chair, and this time, nothing prevented him from preparing the ship for departure.

Whatever next obstacle came their way, he was ready to destroy it if necessary.

But now he had a trip ahead with someone he didn’t know. Someone who, previously, aided in besting him. But now they want to help you. He tried not to think of the awkwardness that would stem from their silence, yet now it was on the forefront of his mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back