• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fight for Control [closed]

Matja allowed both of his eyes to lift, even as he saw Reveille’s shift. The discomfort that Kylo’s questioning presented was noted, and he suspected that he was, indeed, fairly close to upsetting the man. ‘Good thing for the kohlen.’ That orange sheen around him was from the kohlen crystal’s shielding.

He had known about that prior to ever linking up with Alessander.

“Another question, and still no answers from you,” Matja noted, “however, I shall answer you. I have no reason to fear the Force. It is the source of all life, something we all need to exist, like fire and water. Properly controlled, it is a useful thing to all of us, but when it is not in our control, precautions are necessary.”

He knew Kylo Ren was trying to intimidate him, and he leaned forward, aware of the reason why. He knew that he couldn’t touch him with the Force, so he wanted to get him to confess to being afraid. “Only a fool fights a wildfire with a single bucket of water, Supreme Leader. I am aware of what you can do, and I am aware of the reputation that precedes you. I never knew of being prepared to be a vice – or would you want an ally who did not think ahead?”

Alessander couldn’t help the snicker that followed the question, “I’m pretty sure he does, just by how this has all been going. Honestly, Governor,” he stretched, unable to help it. He was as relaxed as Matja, of course. He bore his own inventions on him, as well, “can we go now? I wanted to join a raid in Dirge of Valice in a couple of hours and this is going nowhere. Reveille’s whipped and Kylo’s an idiot.”

Reveille flushed an indignant red, “I am not whipped!” She snapped, “I am respecting the request of Governor Tarkin to speak with the Supreme Leader.”

“Uh huh. Sure. You know, all you have to do is move your chair over here, and he can’t hurt you anymore. I have Force-blocking things for you, too. You paid me enough, that’s for damn sure.”

~***~

Armitage tried to think if he even had anything that would fit Canto Bight’s aesthetic, that lacked the First Order emblem. He didn’t really have reason for such things, except, he supposed, back when he had been promoted from Cadet. He had been nearly an adult then. It wasn’t like he’d grown or gained much in the way of muscle since then. He supposed the suit might still fit.

He had gone to Canto Bight before just as he was. It hadn’t caused any issues, and generally speaking he just assumed his red hair was going to make him stand out, regardless. A black suit wasn’t a huge change.

‘So perhaps just try it?’

He gave a relenting sigh. “Just this once, I suppose a little experiment is in order.” He would at least make the effort, and see how it went. “You will need to change then, as well.” It would be strange to him if he went in a suit, and she did not. “I can meet you at the hangar when you’ve finished changing.” He imagined he would be finished before her, just by the fact he knew his sister could take a bit when she was actually ‘preparing’ for something. Usually it was straightening her hair that took her forever, even though she kept it so short. He didn’t understand why it took so long, honestly.

Kylo shot both Alessander and Reveille a look at the mention of her donation for Force-blocking devices. Sure, he knew about them, but to hear about it from this man? A man he wished to fling over the side of the railing? It disgusted him.

And this was why he needed to keep Matja Tarkin on a tight leash. He needed to keep an eye on the Governor to ensure no sudden attacks against him with those damned devices. A potential spy or two would needed to be place within his sphere of influence, but plenty in the First Order or affiliates would do so.

Annoyance flickered in his eyes as he looked back at Tarkin. “Is there a reason why you decided to bring your dog today?” Although some would argue on what Kylo brought to the meeting, Alessander served nothing more than a mere nuisance and only commented to rile ire, even in Reveille.

~~

Lavinia felt a tinge of pride when it appeared that she won this round. She managed to convince Armitage that ditching the First Order uniform would be the best course of action for their mission. Although no pleasure would be had on Canto Bight.

Her face lightly flushed when she soon came to a realization immediately after he ordered for her to change into a more appropriate outfit. “I don’t own anything else.” She had no use for any dress appropriate for Canto Bight when she came to the First Order, and in their haste to come aboard the Finalizer, a few of her possessions were left behind, such as some light makeup she occasionally wore.

She felt some embarrassment that she attempted to convince Armitage, only to realize she couldn’t follow her own advice on the planet. “I suppose there isn’t a spare dress somewhere on this ship?”

There was the temptation to shift over just slightly, but that small gesture would speak too much. It was tempting, even, to think of leaving with Matja. The implications were clear enough – she could. She could walk out of the First Order with them, but the First Order was her. It was as much hers, as it was her brother’s. They had built this, before Snoke ever showed up and brought his mess of chaos with him.

They would reclaim it.

And things would get better.

Someone like Matja could have helped…but he wouldn’t, at this rate.

“One, this is not my dog. You’ll know my dog when you meet her.” Matja stated, raising one finger, “two, the thing that is bothering you oh, so much, was his creation. In order to adapt it and improve it, it is beneficial for him to be present during its testing phases.” Matja answered, “He is not so versed in politics, but then, that is also something he has to learn. I am sure you do not fault him for that, given your own lack of practice with it. I hope you can be patient with him, as I am patient with you.”

Reveille just brought her drink to her lips to choke down a laugh at the easy burn Matja inflicted on Kylo.

~***~

Armitage fixed Lavinia with a dull stare. She suggested he change, but she had nothing to change in to? No, that simply would not do. His gaze went over her, assessing her appearance as she asked about borrowing a dress. Obviously, she was not to Phasma’s size. If Phasma even owned a dress. She didn’t seem to be much shorter than Reveille from what he’d noticed, and their figures weren’t terribly different.

“None here, but there may be a way,” he took out his datapad once more and called out to Kos’tel’lanni.

He couldn’t believe what he was going to have to ask her.

A few moments later, the call was answered, “General Hux, is something the matter?” They had just finished speaking, after all.

“I am going to Canto Bight,” he stated, “This time I am going to attempt to dress up for the location, however my new aide does not have appropriate attire. I wanted to see if we could peruse your closet or if you could take a couple of dresses from Reveille.”

Kos’tel’lanni’s grin was amused, “While I am sure I could do the latter, I will not. However, she and I have exchanged attire a time or two. My things are only a little long on her, usually. I am certain I would have something that would suffice for your aide.”

“Good. We will be aboard the Exigency shortly.”

Should Kylo had a glass in his hand, it would’ve undoubtedly shattered under the tight fist his hands further curled into. Force or no Force, he could still end Tarkin’s life, whether through brute force or with his lightsaber. They were, after all, high enough that a mere fall from the patio would splatter him all over the ground. Both him and Alessander.

Yet something kept telling him to not go down that path any further. To not give Tarkin any reason to mock his lack of experience or continue to finds reasons to join the Resistance. Foolish, if he did. Currently, the Resistance held no financial support unless General Organa managed to gain the full alliance of the Mon Calamari, which still held no threat against the First Order.

But with Tarkin’s alliance? Then they would soon be facing a great clash of powers.

Kylo didn’t say anything immediately after Matja’s petty comment. The air was palpable between the four of them. He fought down the wave of anger that threatened to spill and ruin any chance of continued discussions between the Tarkins and the First Order.

“You must forgive me, our previous Supreme Leader taught me many things, yet the art of politics was not one of them.” It pained him to say those words, and he just knew that Tarkin would dismiss anything he said. Yet he continued. “Snoke, while he did much for the First Order, also only thought about himself and what the future of the First Order would mean for him. I strive to be far different than he was.” Kylo’s pretty little lies was decorated with half-truths, and he could only hope that Tarkin would somehow remain ignorant, or play along with his little game.

~~

It seemed that General Hux had an idea outside of simply demanding her to remain on their shuttle. She figured that there wouldn’t be a dress, or at least one of her size, on the Finalizer, but contacting Kos’tel’lanni? Lavinia wasn’t sure if she should feel amused or slightly mortified that she’s borrowing from a woman she hasn’t even met yet.

“I appreciate your generosity, Lieutenant-Admiral.” She hated the idea of borrowing from her, yet there was no other choice for her. Lavinia was the one to suggest the change of attire, and now she had to reap what she sowed.

And Armitage probably wasn’t too happy in having to delay the Canto Bight mission a little while longer so they could travel to the Exigency. “If you want, I can go ahead and go to the hangar to ensure everything is prepared for our departure while you grab your suit.”

“Of course he didn’t,” Matja stated, “You were never meant to succeed him, and the Huxes were meant to stand in where he wouldn’t go,” as Snoke, notoriously, never left his ship. The face of the First Order was Armitage Hux, but Reveille had made her presence known to those worlds more populated with non-humans.

Did he believe Kylo intended to be far different? No. He had been under Snoke’s tutelage for too long for that. It would be like him claiming to be far different from his own father.

However, he didn’t want far different, anyway. “Still, you have remained unclear on how you intend to be different. You have remained unclear on your plans for the galaxy under the First Order regime, or what that would even look like. While I can understand your lack of experience, I can hardly throw my support behind someone who has no structure or plans for the future ahead of them.”

‘We have plans!’ Reveille wanted to shout it. She wanted to tell Matja just what they were, but she knew he’d just silence her again.

Her plans didn’t matter.

And so she just gripped her own glass tighter in frustration and waited to see if Kylo would answer the questions this time. She idly wondered how long Matja would humor waiting for an answer.

~***~

“Think nothing of it – whatever I can do to assist the Order, I shall,” Kos’tel’lanni waved off the gratitude, “I will see you both soon,” with that, the call was ended, allowing the discussion of getting the suit and preparing the ship to continue.

Armitage had indeed planned to go get his suit next. He wouldn’t change in his room. He did not need anyone in the Order to see him dressed like this. At least, not the vast majority. He wouldn’t hear the end of it when Reveille learned of this…which she would, from Kos’tel’lanni. No matter.

“I do not think there should be any issues with it, but that still may be for the best,” he agreed, “I will meet you at the hangar, then, once I have gathered my suit,” and hope it still fit.

If not, well, he could acquire one there, he supposed. It wouldn’t be enjoyable, but it should be easy.

“Yet he never truly told anyone what exactly he wanted from this. Not myself nor the Huxes.” Reveille’s thoughts weren’t privy to Kylo, yet he could still feel what she wanted when she made her emotions so clear to him yet remain so outwardly stoic. He nearly toyed with the idea of suggesting for her to speak, yet Tarkin may shoot that down. He may consider Kylo as weak and unable to rule. And he was not weak.

“He was very private in many things, especially concerning his own plans. I don’t wish to follow his own example. I will follow with a more proactive involvement in the affairs of the First Order, which starts with securing the Core Worlds and the Inner Rim.” Yet he didn’t have the exact details on how they were to achieve that. Something that needed to be rectified soon.

“And soon, we hope to create a regime that will reduce crime and not tolerate the scum who wish for anarchy under the guise of freedom.” The last word he spit out like a poison. Freedom hardly ever did the galaxy any good. They truly needed an empire to recreate stability once again.

“But I’m sure our admiral can further lay out the details.” With that, he glanced over in her direction, one eyebrow raised as he awaited for her to speak.

~~

Lavinia found herself amused by the thought that lending out a dress was assisting the First Order, but she fought back her smile as she felt that Armitage would not feel the same way. Nothing was amusing to the man. Certainly not anything about the First Order.

Without another word, she proceeded to the hangar to find that his ship was ready for imminent departure. She nodded at a few passing officers on her way to the shuttle, where two Stormtroopers stood on either side of the ramp leading inside.

It was empty save for the two pilots waiting orders from General Hux. Lavinia sat on the bench and checked her datapad for any new messages concerning anyone else who agreed to meet with them for the doonium. One more seller responded, stating that a potential meeting could be made for later that day on Vardos. Hux will be pleased to hear that.

Matja was, naturally, aware of the move into the Core. He knew who was behind that, as well, while the rest of the First Order was off gallivanting after the Resistance, and losing them. He’d noted Leia’s distress signal from Crait, but hadn’t bothered to respond. They weren’t allies, nor enemies. Though, he did not intend to remain neutral for much longer.

He was surprised when Kylo did defer to the admiral, though, given the course of this conversation. He allowed his brows to raise, before letting his gaze shift to the woman who had maintained her silence relatively well, ignoring the outburst that Alessander created. He canted his head, deciding not to argue it.

Kylo was not versed, but one thing to learn in leadership positions was when to take the hand. It was why Tarkin had so many allies, after all – including the dog Kylo had yet to meet, his very own General Tagge. He’d considered marrying her before, but it was too apparent their lifestyles would never mesh together in that fashion.

It was why he was here, as the Core was being taken over. The Tagges ran things in Tepasi, after all.

Admiral Reveille had never lost her poise or posture, and she took the slight gesture from Tarkin to speak without needing to adjust or straighten, “As you will see if you go to Coruscant, Chandrila, or other planets in the Core that the First Order has already begun to occupy, we are establishing order through the use of our Stormtrooper Corps, Officers, and governmental officials already on the planet. Working in tandem with local officials allows us to know the present issues and how to work with the world. Of course, right now things are working under martial law, that will one day be abolished – but this is an adjustment period for us all. As the worlds need to learn how to work with us, we need to learn how to work with them.”

“There is no overraching plan for every world? Order requires uniformity.” Matja was trying to catch her in hypocrisy, but she didn’t falter.

“Order requires understanding the world. Coruscant will never be an agriculture world, such as Ertegas. While laws will remain much the same for every citizen, we cannot expect the same things of each world and so cannot treat them the same if we expect order. It was a flaw of the old Empire, as they drained planets dry and ignored the different capabilities of other species that occupy this galaxy. We would only throw the galaxy into disorder in that fashion. As we begin to occupy worlds, we will also be able to increase our numbers by allowing citizens to enlist into our various programs. We will be able to establish more research facilities, more academies, and more opportunities. This does, in turn, provide us with more finances, and more soldiers, to continue occupying and bringing other worlds who resist into the fold. It will all begin with military occupation, and through that, we will establish planetary leaders who understand the agenda.”

“So, hypothetically, I would become one of these planetary leaders of Eriadu, were I to join with the First Order?”

“Yes,” Reveille couldn’t say ‘no’. She couldn’t suggest anyone else would rule Eriadu. The Tarkins had ruled it for ages. It wasn’t a monarchy, but it may as well have been. “Obviously, this still creates the problem of too many voices, but as I recall, the Empire did have a solution for that in the Sectors and Moff leadership. It may be something we consider re-instating, as we examine the sectors and consider how best to see to it that none are overlooked, but none become too powerful on their own, either. We do not want to create another problem of the Core, or anywhere else, beginning to abuse their power at the expense of entire sectors or worlds. Centralizing power should begin to assist, but making sure to break up potential alliances before they can happen is another way. It will take a while before the galaxy truly sees thing on a galactic scale, and not an individual scale.”

Matja nodded. Military occupation was the expected beginning, of course. Working with world leaders was not quite how the Empire always did it. They preferred their own, and their own quickly became corrupt and abusive to the populations. Many were enslaved. The Empire overlooked this. He gave a slight smirk, “This, Ren, is how you politic.” Reveille had laid out the plan simply. Explained how the numbers would grow through opportunities on the worlds they occupied. “I imagine there is a tax for joining the First Order? After all, this does require quite a bit of funding.”

“Yes,” Reveille acknowledged, “Though deals could be made for resources, just as well. That’s all credits go to, after all.”

~***~

It did not take too long for Armitage to find the suit, near the back of his closet, and take it out. The pants were hung with the jacket, the button-down separate, but he grabbed all of it together with the nice, dress shoes, and sighed to himself. He really didn’t want to have to wear this, but he would. It was necessary. At least it was all black, save the silver accent pieces.

He had always known he wanted to be general, just as Reveille had always known she wanted to be admiral. Of course, he wanted to be more than that, but they had intended their paths to be complementary, rather than competitive.

It was the only way to survive together, given how they were raised.

He stepped out and ignored the looks he received as he marched to the hangar. He tried not to mentally tally how many were going to be aware he was leaving here with a suit. He tried not to imagine what they would think of that. He couldn’t help but feel the rush of shame that had soon tainted his face red as he stepped into the ship.

His own attire should be enough.

He should be enough.

Rationally, he knew it wasn’t his attire that made him, him, but he was so tied to the role it was hard to step outside of it, or imagine himself without the First Order.

“Head to the Exigency, we need to make a stop to get something there, first.” Armitage called as he went to hang his suit in one of the nearby stations for Stormtrooper armor, just as the two troopers stepped into the ship. He would then move to sit on the bench by Althea, not even thinking of going to take his own space further away, as the ship quickly started and took off to head over to the Exigency.

Thankfully, it wasn’t far – but it was still a detour, and Armitage did not like to think of how much time might be wasted finding a dress that fit Althea.

For once, Kylo shut up. He shut up and listened to the plans Reveille laid out for Tarkin to ponder over. Most of what she explained wasn’t new to Kylo. It was plans that had been in motion for some time now. Yet some of what she said was still fairly new and something created after the death of Snoke.

He didn’t want the planetary leaders unless they were those Kylo himself could fully trust. Matja Tarkin was not one of them. He didn’t trust the man to rebel against him, much like how he didn’t trust Reveille or Armitage to not stage a coup against him.

He ignored the slight jab Tarkin threw his way, but it was not overlooked. Nor will anything he said be forgotten. “Do we have your alliance, Governor?” If Tarkin wanted to irk him, he would draw it out a bit longer, play on Kylo’s severe lack of patience. Or further condescend him, testing the limits of his anger.

And Kylo was only a few small steps away from unleashing the crossguard lightsaber on their table and the people present.

~~

When Armitage entered the ship, she had expected him to either sit on the other end of the bench, much like he had when they traveled to Crait, or somewhere else entirely. She briefly glanced at him in the corner of her eye, wondering if his decision was accidental, but she soon focused her attention back on her datapad to review the message the other seller sent her.

“I heard back from another seller. Aya Kasabian said she could meet this evening on Vardos.” Depending on how the events on Canto Bight played out, they should easily make that meeting with time to spare. “Do you wish for me to go ahead and confirm it?”

She hoped that they didn’t have to do this for very long. The constant traveling between planets and ships would get exhausting, and they both hadn’t had any sleep in over a day. Lavinia saw Armitage as a robot, so she imagined he didn’t feel any sort of fatigue. Her on the other hand? Well, she wished for a nap at least. But to prove Armitage wrong, she did her best to at least look awake and alert.

Matja glanced over to Kylo as he asked about the alliance, “This is not a decision I make alone,” he indicated to the Supreme Leader, “I intend to take what information I have gathered here, and consult with those close to me, before coming to any decision. I will need some reassurance, at least, that while I am considering this, the planets Spira and Tepasi will not be targeted, nor the Seswenna Sector. A temporary truce is the least I can offer from my own forces, as well.”

Not that they had actively been engaged in the war effort thus far, but that could easily shift, and they all knew it.

Reveille spoke, “That seems fair, if we are given a time frame,” she wouldn’t speak direct agreement.

“A standard week should be sufficient for me to review, and to consider further questions I, or my allies, may have before agreeing to anything.”

Reveille saw no issue with that. It gave them time to continue repairs on the Supremacy without much worry of an assault. Tepasi was the main concern in the Core, after all. “I may request an additional meeting with my own high command within that week, to go over some of the concerns raised.”

Reveille nodded, but to that, she would not speak agreement, or disagreement. The settling of matters had to be seen to be done by Kylo Ren.

~***~

Armitage glanced to Althea as she mentioned the other seller, some Aya Kasabian who would meet them on Vardo. “I am not certain we will have the luxury of being able to be out for so long, but we shall see,” a lot certainly hinged on the meeting with Tarkin. If Kylo sparked a war, which wasn’t farfetched, they would likely need to return to figure out what the exact situation was, and handle it.

“Do not confirm it just yet. Let us see how long this meeting takes, and see what can be gleaned from the Supreme Leader’s meeting. If you can find a way to make her agree to something tentative, that would be better,” he said, as the ship came into the Exigency hangar.

“Hopefully this will not take terribly long to find something that will fit,” he sighed. Sometimes, Kos’tel’lanni could be…exhausting.

At least the hangar would be mostly empty when they landed, and the ramp was put down. With the flyboys and flygirls out practicing drills, that left plenty of room, and few eyes, save Kos’tel’lanni, of course, who would be waiting just outside the ship for them to step out.

Kylo didn’t wish to wait a week. He wanted an answer soon. But he had to play by Tarkin’s rules in this case. He would wait a week to hear Tarkin’s answer, but no more. Any more would simply be a waste of everyone’s time in the continuously shift galaxy, where regimes rose and fell every day.

“One week shall suffice. In one week, I expect an official answer from you.” He was firm with an underlying threat of daring him to take his sweet time. Kylo began to wonder why someone like him would even bother discussing the terms of an agreement with others, but politics was politics. It was too damn formal.

For mere formalities and a somewhat attempt at manners, he added, “Is there anything else you wish to discuss?” His gaze remained focused on Tarkin, but his question was also directed at Reveille, and, stars forbid, Alessander.

~~

“Understood, sir.” She fired off another message to Aya Kasabian, requesting a tentative meeting time, before setting the datapad down. Lavinia wondered exactly how long Armitage could stay away from the ship. If it meant distancing himself from Kylo? Maybe forever. Although she was certain that the First Order was the only thing he ever loved, and thus would have to return soon enough.

“How hard should it be to grab a dress?” She knew though. Her greatest vice was beautiful gowns, and she could easily spend hours at some upscale boutique, perusing and trying on any dress that caught her eye. They easily made her feel like a queen. It was a luxury she had to give up when she left home.

Then Lavinia wondered, if Armitage was so concerned about picking out a dress taking a long time, then exactly how many dresses did Kos’tel’lanni own? She didn’t know what size Kos’tel’lanni was. After all, the only time she saw the Chiss was as a holovid when talking to Armitage back on the Bridge. But as Lavinia was slim, as long as Kos’tel’lanni was an above average height, she could make a dress work.

“In one week, you shall have one,” Matja echoed. He did not truly have a desire to waste time, but he was aware of where his answer came from, and how he came to it. Reveille’s plans may not truly line up. Things may change under Kylo Ren that he disliked. Not to mention, General Tagge would simply want his head if he made such a drastic decision without her input.

As he opened up his query, Matja shook his head, “I have nothing further to discuss.” He knew he would, before the week. There would be things to discuss then. Perhaps Kylo would be better educated on how to approach these things, by then.

“I have a question,” of course it was Alessander. This time, Matja did shoot him a warning look, as the green-haired met set his datapad aside, “How does it feel? That is – what does it feel like when you try to sense myself or Matja in the Force? I can’t feel it myself, but I’m curious the impact these have had. I’ve only been able to work with Force-sensitive creatures, and some mildly Force-sensitive humanoids in Matja and Reveille’s employ, but no one like you before.”

And it clearly had an impact. He needed to know how to make them better. Kylo, probably, didn’t want that. But he might answer anyway, if he didn’t think about that.

~***~

“I imagine that will depend more on you and Kos’tel’lanni than myself,” Armitage stated to the question as he rose from his place on the bench. “I hope you will not make it take hours, given we do have a set meeting time,” he would move forward and off the ship first, to find Kos’tel’lanni waiting.

She greeted him with a smile, and, “General,” before noting his aide, “Lieutenant Storax, a pleasure to meet you in person,” the one who bothered Reveille to the point of wanting to see her removed. The woman set to watch Armitage by Kylo. Certainly, an interesting one.

Her own eyes quickly assessed the other woman. Kos’tel’lanni herself was a bit taller than Reveille, and so she was taller than Althea, but the figure did not seem too terribly different. “If you will both follow me, I can see you to my quarters and you can see if anything will suit for Canto Bight,” she stepped back, and Armitage nodded. “General, do you intend to follow?”

“Yes, Lieutenant-Admiral. I imagine your quarters is more than one room, is it not?” He could wait in the living area if need be.

She did give a nod, confirming it, “Yes, I am one of the fortunate ones,” she had nearly as much space as Reveille, after all. “Very well. This way, please,” she gestured, before turning to lead them through the Exigency.

Kylo seemed temporarily placated with Governor Tarkin’s answer, yet he did not vocalize it. He was further pleased that Tarkin had no more questions. Less of an opportunity to ire either of the men. Less of an opportunity for Tarkin to condescend Kylo’s lack of knowledge in the field of politics.

Expressionless, his dark gaze flickered over to the other man at the table. An eyebrow raised as he considered the oddity of the question. Why would he be curious about such a thing? And why now to ask it? He didn’t think too much on Alessander’s curiosity.

“I don’t have to try and sense you, although the Force seems to be absent in Governor Tarkin.” He sent a look in the Governor’s direction before continuing. “As the Force is present in all lifeforms, it’s something that is naturally felt by those strong with the Force. And if there is a great loss of life at once, we can feel anguish and confusion at the sudden silence of so many.” Which was the case after the destruction of the Hosnian system. He could feel the sudden silence of so many screams, followed by the pain caused by the disturbance of the Force.

He couldn’t show that he felt anything from the destruction. He had to hide it from Snoke. Had to hide a tug from the Light after the cataclysm. It was such weakness, and he couldn’t be weak. He couldn’t show weakness.

“Is that answer sufficient? Or would you like for me to explain what it feels like to reach out to someone to see what they’re feeling, what they’re thinking?”

~~

Lavinia bit back a retort to Armitage’s insinuation while she followed him off the ship. She didn’t need to give him another reason to bark at her, and she didn’t want to give Reveille’s lackey another reason, on top of what the other woman may have told her, to dislike her.

“Pleasure to meet you as well, Lieutenant-Admiral,” she nodded at the Chiss. She seemed civil enough at first glance, but perhaps she only waited for a chance to strike. Or tell Reveille something about her that would give the admiral even more reason to wish her dead.

She followed after Kos’tel’lanni, though she glanced over at Armitage with a slight amused expression. “I never pictured you as one who enjoyed dress browsing with the ladies.” Lavinia only hoped that her light tone would clarify her teasing with him.

Alessander listened attentively. He had not had much opportunity with Force-sensitives. Sure, Jinah was Force-sensitive, and he’d spoken with a few in Tarkin’s employ who were moreso. He knew Matja was trying to talk one of the Night-Sisters he was friend’s with into helping him out, but so far, no dice.

Kylo Ren, of the infamous Skywalker bloodline, prodigy of Snoke? Any insight would be desirable from him, especially as he gave it, seeming far more comfortable in speaking with it in spite of what Alessander had created. He even offered more. Perhaps he wasn’t serious in it, his tone implied as much – likely didn’t often have an audience who cared.

Perhaps he was used to dismissal of such subjects?

He’d find no such thing here. “I would like for you to explain such things,” Alessander answered, to Matja’s groan, “I dealt with your bullshit politics, you can deal with my interests for once, Governor.”

The snappy tone seemed to only amuse the older man, who shrugged his shoulders, “I had not expected the Supreme Leader to care for a divergence into pleasant conversation, but if he desires it, I have no qualms. The Force is a fascinating topic, after all.”

Reveille made no comment to that. She was simply hoping Kylo wouldn’t be wanting to do more than explain things.

~***~

Armitage groaned at the insinuation, not immediately picking up the tease. Likely, he was too tired to notice, “It is far better than waiting in the ship, and I hope it continues to suggest some urgency.”

“I do not have that many dresses, General,” Kos’tel’lanni laughed easily, “Perhaps 20 or so,” she sighed, “I do not get to wear them so often as I would like.” Most of them were red. She liked how it brought out her eyes, but she had a few in the more ‘appropriate’ colors of black and white, as well as a few other hues. Purple was the other main one.

Blue just blended in too well with her skin, or clashed with it. It was honestly frustrating. She just threw any pretty blue dress at Reveille, though. If she couldn’t wear it, she could live through her.

As they came to her quarters, she simply pressed her hand to the pad and the door opened for her, revealing rather lavish quarters, carpeted in white without so much as a stain on the floor. As in her office, plants were everywhere, along with scattered bits of art and statues. Vining plants hung from the ceiling and draped over statues. Glass predominated for surfaces, clear, and wood over steel.

Armitage looked visibly uncomfortable with it, and Kos’tel’lanni gestured him towards one of the couches decked out in pillows, “You can wait there, General, if you like.”

“I believe I will stand, but thank you, Lieutenant-Admiral.”

Technically, there were no rules against this.

Armitage still didn’t like it, but he would stay in the room overflowing with plants and budding flowers, as Kos’tel’lanni led Althea towards her room, which had less plants, but the same carpeted floor. It followed a rather a pattern of dark blues and gold tones, the artwork matching – photographs of various worlds at nights, those of Agriworlds as well as the skyscrapers of Coruscant, with wall decorations of moons and stars between these photographs, painting constellations across the room itself.

Constellations from Csilla, but none needed to know that, or how her own star-sign was on the ceiling above her bed.

She just went right to the closet and swung it open, revealing far more than just her uniform. And more than dresses. There were casual clothes, gym clothes, and clothes that might have been suited to Coruscant nightlife, as well as the kinds of heels to match. “Take a look and see what you like!” The Lieutenant-Admiral invited.

Corrupting people of the First Order to the dark side of fashion was always one of her favorite things. “I’m certain I have jewelry to accommodate, as well, though I’m not sure if my own shoes will fit you, so you may want to consider what will pair, or cover up, those boots of yours.”

Alessander seemed too interested in how the Force worked, Kylo noted, for someone who created devices that manipulated the Force. No – what he said would be enough, lest the weasel read between the lines and pick out something that could be used against Kylo in the future.

He didn’t need to read his mind to know he was up to something more.

Although he yearned to teach someone else the ways of the Force. Train someone to fight alongside him as he conquered the galaxy. The Knights of Ren failed. Rey was too naive to see him for what he truly was. So as a result, he nearly spoke more than he would’ve liked.

“I think that will be enough for now. Maybe I can divulge more information once we have an answer.” Unlikely, though perhaps they will see the bait as motivation to hasten their decision.

~~

At the mention of the amount of dresses Kos’tel’lanni owned, Lavinia became eager to see her collection and the different types she owned. Were they all long, ballgown length? Were some short and showed off Kos’tel’lanni’s legs? Varying colors? Though she hardly imagined that the Chiss would own anything blue.

Her quarters surprised Lavinia, as it was far different than any other space on the First Order ships she’s seen. She glanced around in slight awe at the various art piece, different plants, and the sheer lack of sterile environment common on the First Order ships. How much would I have to beg to get a room like this?

Lavinia followed after Kos’tel’lanni, but paused briefly at the photograph of the familiar skyscrapers of Coruscant. With no time to hesitate, she followed after the Chiss once more to her closet.

She didn’t bother to contain her smile at the array of clothes before her. Finally, someone with more than just a set of workout clothes and their uniform. “I don’t think these boots will do any of these dresses justice,” she commented without taking her eyes off the dresses.

Perusing through them, she lightly fiddled with an elegant red one that caught her eye. “I suppose I should stay away from any sort of color for Canto Bight?” she asked with slight dejection in her voice.

Alessander’s expression shifted to visible disappointment, before anger, and then finally, a more neutral expression, came to rest on his face. “Fine.” He would just have to accept that, wouldn’t he? He could hardly press for more, and he was only a minor party to Tarkin’s agreement. He couldn’t speak for all of Serenno, much as he’d love to, and they weren’t there to discuss Serenno’s agreement.

If Matja went with it, inevitably, he’d agree, if only to keep playing the game.

He’d find some way to convince the other Counts to go along with it. Most didn’t like the New Republic, anyway. Their world still suffered thanks to the Clone Wars and what House Dooku had done.

At least House Dooku provided him an ally in the great houses. Even if they weren’t Force sensitive, because no, of course not.

Matja nodded, and he rose. “Thank you, again, for meeting with me on such short notice, Supreme Leader, Admiral,” he offered his hand to Reveille, and she rose before taking it, and shaking once, before Matja also offered his hand to Kylo, “We’ll be on our way then, we have much to discuss with our allies after this.”

~***~

Kos’tel’lanni certainly made note of the reaction of Althea. The way she seemed to like her room, for one, and of course, the pause at Coruscant’s skyline, before the smile at the dresses. There was little to no hesitation in displaying any of this, which intrigued Kos’tel’lanni. Most officers showed some hesitation before their open interest played on their expression.

This one did not hide that so well, a trait unexpected from those of the Supremacy, or even the Fulminatrix, her former ship. Not that Kos’tel’lanni was unappreciative, but she’d be a poor spy if she didn’t take note of these oddities.

“Now why would you ever do such a thing as that?” Kos’tel’lanni inquired, “Have you never been to Canto Bight before?” She moved ahead to take that red dress out, and swirl it around one, “I have been there, a time or two, and never in such a thing as black or white. The people there are meant to glisten and you should shine,” she pushed the dress towards her, “someone has to make General Hux look good and teach him a thing or two about diplomacy. He can’t always leave that to his sister, especially not as we bring more worlds into the fold. It’ll get so exhausting.”

She held the dress out, “Try it on, at least,” she encouraged, “Though I admit I do not have make-up that is always suited to human complexions, I do have some you could try,” obviously, blue foundation wasn’t apt to do much, but she had other colors that could work for the eyes, the lips.

Quite a bit.

“No one will dare look at your boots, then.”

The subsequent mood shifts of Alessander did not go unnoticed by Kylo. It seemed he made the right call in not revealing any more of his relationship with the Force. Although he did not give away much, he shouldn’t have even humored the green-haired man in the first place, but what’s done is done. He will simply need to keep an eye on him, Tarkin, and any associates. Like Reveille.

He rose after Reveille, out of simple courtesy, but when Matja offered his hand to Kylo, he didn’t immediately take it. Instead, he gave him a dull stare before taking his hand in a firm grip, one of the few things he subconsciously did that his father taught him as a boy. Always give a firm handshake when making a deal. Don’t want them thinking you’re weak.

“We look forward to communicating with you again.” I look forward to your eventual death. The niceties and courtesies he displayed as a result of political discussions between two potential allies tasted foul on his tongue, but the displeasure would soon be over.

~~

Lavinia didn’t consider that her immediate reactions to Kos’tel’lanni’s quarters was abnormal for First Order officers. Or rather, it escaped her mind as she looked around at everything she never saw on the other ships. She simply had to convince Armitage to steal one plant to take back to the Finalizer and place in his office.

“Was it that obvious?” she mused as she watched Kos’tel’lanni’s little antics. Her mind flickered to Rani’s own outgoing personality that differed from others in the First Order as she watched the Chiss. When the dress was placed back into her arms, her fingers traced over the fabric as she considered Kos’tel’lanni’s words.

“I can make do with just some eyeliner and mascara. Maybe some red lipstick, if you have any.” She held the dress up against her body, envisioning exactly how it may look on her. Her gaze then lifted and glanced around the room. “Do you have anywhere I can get changed, or just right here?”

Matja had been amused by Kylo’s look, but that amusement didn’t cross his features as the man did, inevitably, take his own hand. Firm, of course. It could have been an intimidation tactic if he had squeezed any harder, but he didn’t, and on the release, Alessander rose. “Farewell, Supreme Leader, Admiral,” Matja wouldn’t intend to walk out with them, and would leave with that farewell, taking care of the bill on his way out.

Reveille didn’t step to follow them out immediately. She would give them time to clear the area, and take a moment to finish her drink.

She deserved at least that much for putting up with this meeting, and hoping her words had more of an impact than Kylo Ren’s own approach. “I have nothing else to do on Spira,” she stated with the drink finished, “By your leave, I’ll return to the Exigency, unless there is further business that needs to be tended to here?”

She doubted it, but she couldn’t just assume. Couldn’t just do as she’d like and she knew that. She had to at least pretend to seek his designs and act on his command.

~***~

Kos’tel’lanni just kept an enigmatic smile on her lips as Althea’s little question of things being obvious. Quite a bit was obvious to her, but she didn’t need to say that when she preferred ‘ignorant Chiss’ stereotypes regarding human interactions and reactions.

She did chuckle, “Never been a soldier, have you?” as she asked after modesty, “I can go into the restroom, or you can,” she gestured to the connected room, full of far too many oils and bath bombs for the standard First Order officer, but by now, Althea had certainly seen that Kos’tel’lanni was not that.

She didn’t like the minimalism that was popular among the First Order.

“I should certainly have some eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick. Red isn’t the best color on me, but I tried it,” despite her eyes and red attire, the lips just didn’t work as well as she would have liked. Perhaps a darker red, would, or one more inclined to purple than orange.

Whatever Althea decided for changing, though, Kos’tel’lanni would either move into the restroom to give her privacy, or allow her to do so.

Kylo’s dark gaze followed the two men as they headed out of the cafe. A predator sizing up its prey before the hunt. If he had to see them again, it would be all too soon, and yet it was nearly inevitable at this point. Unless things turned south before the week was up. He definitely did not bet against that.

Reveille’s voice brought him back to their table from his trailing thoughts. He couldn’t think of any reason to stay on the planet. He hated how the sun glared down on him, even if he did that to himself with his choice in attire for the resort planet.

Instead of answering Reveille’s question, he posed his own. “Did you know that Governor Tarkin would be wearing that device?” He turned to look at Reveille as he asked his question, voice eerily calm. Of course she knew. She had to know. She was involved in the research for technology that could manipulate the Force. She and Matja had to have worked on what he wore today together.

~~

Lavinia offered a sheepish smile with the question hinting at her modesty. “I’ve just always preferred privacy when I can get it.” Which, now that she was stuck with Armitage for the foreseeable future, would be rare. She could change in front of Kos’tel’lanni if she had to, but she decided that she would prefer changing in a different room.

“I’ll go into the restroom,” she decided before making her way into the connected room and closing the door behind her. She disrobed the First Order uniform from her body and slid into the dress, which proved to fit well minus the slightly too long hem, which her boots helped with greatly. The fabric felt far different than the uniform she was forced to wear. It felt smooth, comfortable even, in comparison to the starch fabric of the uniform.

She turned towards the mirror and considered herself in the dress. The red complimented her skin nicely, and she wondered with slight amusement how the General would react to so much of her skin being uncovered, a far contrast to the conservative nature of their uniforms. “What do you think of this?” she asked Kos’tel’lanni as the woman stepped out of the bathroom. She gave a slight twirl as she looked down at how the fabric flowed around her. “I think it looks nice.”

Reveille’s gaze shifted up to Kylo, just as dull as the look he’d given to Matja before agreeing to the handshake, “Supreme Leader, do you honestly believe that if I had known there was a working prototype in existence, I would have gone to meet you without wearing one?”

She had no idea he was going to be wearing such a thing.

She had no idea Alessander was going to be there.

The reasons why were clear to her now, of course. Likely, she was going to be given such a prototype at this meeting, and be the one sent to test it. She would have been informed of Matja’s plans and hopes for this, and an alliance likely would have been solidified in a coup. Instead, the test had been done by Matja.

Reveille wasn’t certain what that would mean for the alliance. “I was unaware of Alessander and Matja’s ties until today. I only found out he knew about my workings with Alessander, yesterday.”

Matja was…quite a bit ahead of her.

~***~

Kos’tel’lanni allowed Althea her privacy, and moved to sit down on her bed as she waited. It did not take too long, and when Althea came out, she rose to her feet, clapping her hands together in awe, “Yes! Oh yes, this looks grand on you! Of course you can’t keep it, it’s one of my favorites, but you must wear it to Canto Bight.”

She moved by Althea, into the restroom and opened up the rather large mirror to reveal her collection of make-up and lotions and all sorts of other cosmetic or skin-care things. She gestured towards it, “Pick what you believe will pair well, I apologize if the reds I have still do not seem quite right.” She noted, stepping back once more to let Althea have space to look over her options.

It was clear that Kos’tel’lanni had a certain enjoyment of the frivolous. And likely got out more than she claimed by how used some of the make-up was already.

Kos’tel’lanni did throw back, “So what do you know of Canto Bight?” Some small talk seemed proper.

Kylo stared at her, considering her answer. She was right. She would’ve undoubtedly taken advantage of the device the moment she knew she would first meet him. Any person who knew of his reputation would’ve done so.

He needed that prototype destroyed before more could be made. Before other devices could be created.

“Are your two friends working behind your back?” He had already seen inside her mind recently. She told the truth, which only confirmed Tarkin’s disingenuous and sly nature in Kylo’s eyes.

If only he could place an informant within Matja’s or Alessander’s realm, then he could keep a close eye on the pair and any further advancements they make. “If they agree to an alliance, I don’t expect any sincerity on their end.”

Not that he did before, but now he had reason for that thought. More reason.

~~

Lavinia was pleased with Kos’tel’lanni’s reaction to how she looked in the dress. She was still wary around one of Reveille’s companions, but her carefree nature coaxed Lavinia into being more relaxed around her. “I don’t make any promises in returning it.” A small smile appeared on her face as she spoke her small joke.

Wearing the dress and seeing the large variety of makeup sent Lavinia back to before she left Coruscant. Back to when she mingled the upper echelon of the planet. While she hated those parties, the luxuries of the clothing and makeup made her happy. And so she fought off the wave of desire to play around in all of Kos’tel’lanni’s makeup. General Hux is waiting for you.

“If you have a shade of red similar to the dress...” she trailed off as she began shifting through the lipsticks she saw. A few looked like potential matches, so she swatched them on her hand to see their color. “It’s a coastal city along the Sea of Cantonica, the largest artificial ocean in the galaxy,” she began. One lipstick was a close match, and she applied it to her lips as she continued.

“Canto Bight is for some of the wealthiest individuals in the galaxy to indulge in their gluttony.” There was bitterness in her tone with the last statement. She perused for black eyeliner and mascara, which were both quicker to find than the lipstick. “They remain uncaring for either side of this war. All they care about is who they will make their next sale to.” Her words slowed a bit as the eyeliner was applied to her eyes.

After deeming that her makeup was acceptable, Lavinia removed her hair from its tight bun and allowed it to fall just below her shoulders. “Do you think this looks acceptable?”

Reveille was almost offended that Kylo Ren considered Matja or Alessander her friends. Given, Matja would be a good friend to have, but she hadn’t known he was involved in this until recently. “I imagine the only one Governor Tarkin doesn’t scheme against is Senator Tagge,” which was saying something for the woman of Tepasi.

Which meant, of course, he wouldn’t be sincere in any alliance struck, either.

Still, they couldn’t cut him out. To do so would be to declare war. Tarkins had reigned in Eriadu since Eriadu existed. Changing that wasn’t a battle worth fighting right now. “If you intend to discuss things further here, do let me know. I can at least get another drink,” maybe breakfast, at that, but she hoped Kylo got the hint that they were standing in a business when they should be moving on.

Or buying something and reclaiming their seats.

Either way.

~***~

Kos’tel’lanni did not need to reach for the red, or anything else – Althea found it on her own, and Kos’tel’lanni just watched as she applied it and offered her textbook answer of what she knew of Canto Bight.

Really, it was almost too textbook.

Her bitterness at least sounded sincere, though. Then again, who really liked those who stood in the middle? When someone’s agenda was solely focused on themselves and their own gain, they were hard to like or empathize with, after all.

As the hair came down, Kos’tel’lanni chuckled, “Not for the First Order, but for Canto Bight, it’s hard to be unacceptable,” she noted. Obviously, luxe was the way to be, but the eccentric could find a place there just as easily, and even people like General Hux had their place, even when they refused to dress up for the locale. “I’m sure you could make other connections just as you are. A shame you’re stuck as the aide to the General in these times, I imagine that’s a fairly tight leash,” she chuckled a bit.

Still, she didn’t imagine Althea would be allowed to do much on her own or go too far out of sight.

“A man who is willing to do what it takes to get what he wants.” The notion didn’t sound too far off from Kylo’s own ambitions, yet one could argue he was...less of a snake about it. He was more visible with his emotions.

He didn’t disagree.

“So an alliance with him will be a heavy risk, yet one that is necessary.” Necessary if they wanted any chance of securing the Inner Core. If only there was a way to completely wipe out their line and reduce any risk of them betraying Kylo and the First Order.

Something to ponder another day.

He didn’t say anything further on the matter. Not when Reveille made it obvious she wished to leave. “We’ll continue this elsewhere.” Without another word, he turned to head back towards the elevators, expecting Reveille to follow after him.

~~

Kos’tel’lanni was right. As long as you looked presentable and like you had money, Canto Bight would accept you. Especially if you had money to spend. It was also a great place to create connections, as Kos’tel’lanni had said.

The corner of her lips turned up in a slight smile. “That seems to be the case. I did spend last night in his quarters after all.” She couldn’t the innuendo in her words. “So you can imagine how tight that leash is.”

Lavinia fiddled with a few strands of her hair until it looked like it didn’t just spend over twenty-four hours in a bun. She decided to not comment on the other words Kos’tel’lanni spoke. Instead, she turned away from the mirror and towards the Chiss. “I guess we shouldn’t keep General Hux waiting for too much longer. He seemed a bit uncomfortable.” The sight of him in Kos'tel'lanni's untraditional quarters was almost humorous.

‘Do you need to air your thoughts in a public space?’ Matja was going to hear of what Kylo Ren said, no doubt. Though, if Majta trusted Kylo to have faith in him, he was an idiot, anyways. Still, Reveille didn’t find herself a fan of Kylo speaking so freely in the café right then. Thankfully, he at least got the hint, and moved on.

Reveille followed after him. He only said ‘elsewhere’. He hadn’t specified where, though she presumed they would head back to their ships, and then back to the hub of First Order capital ships.

“Where did you park your own ship, Supreme Leader?” Reveille inquired, stepping in, only for Schaeffer to follow a moment later, silent as he stepped to the back of the elevator and let Reveille hit the button for the floor of their own hangar. She intended to take the elevator to the floor for Kylo’s, as well.

Presuming he was in a different hangar, of course. Spira was quite large, but it was possible they had ended up in the same area.

If Kylo planned to go back to them already.

~***~

Kos’tel’lanni’s grin turned a bit gleefully wicked at the innuendo. Hux would not approve. Did Kos’tel’lanni care? Not at all. If his aide could joke of such things, perhaps she had such thoughts herself? It would be interesting to see – Hux was nice to look at, not her type, but intimidated others with his absolute lack of interest in anything but his work. His ambition was a godsend to the First Order, but not to his own personal life.

“I can,” she agreed, “I hope it’s at least a comfortable one, tight collars can get quite painful after a bit otherwise,” she chuckled, “rather like he is now. If I didn’t know better, I would think he’s never set foot outside a starship.” But she knew better.

Armitage just didn’t care much for the world outside the starship. The chaos and disorder of nature were not things he enjoyed. He would have controlled environments everywhere, if he could. And he could – Coruscant was a shining example of how one could control nature and weather.

It was not a world that Kos’tel’lanni imagined as truly good, though.

Kos’tel’lanni moved to the door and opened it, stepping out. True to his word, Hux was still standing. “General Hux, may I present your aide, Althea Storax?” She made a grand gesture towards Althea, bowing, just to be dramatic about it.

Kylo knew he shouldn’t speak so freely in open air. He knew that speaking anywhere that wasn’t wholly familiar to him posed a risk of somehow tracking back to the enemy, which in this case was Matja Tarkin. Yet that brought him back to when he was cruelly reminded of his words to the scavenger in the elevator, right after Snoke’s assassination.

He smirked at her question. “Spira may be large, but not large enough to hide your ship from me.” Not that he actively looked for it. Maybe it was merely serendipitous. He eyed Schaeffer as the blonde shuffled to the back of the elevator.

One didn’t need the Force to have an off feeling about him.

“My ship is near your own, Admiral.” The elevator dinged, and the doors opened to the level of their hangar. “We can discuss things further in my ship.” Kylo emphasized his own ship with a quick glance in the direction of Schaeffer, indicating his thoughts on the location of the man anywhere near their conversations.

~~

In their conversation, Lavinia could only hope that the metaphorical collar stayed as such. She didn’t know if the man was sadistic enough to pull out a physical one for use. She hoped she never had to find out.

Lavinia would’ve agreed with Kos’tel’lanni if she knew the statement about Armitage was correct. The man was so dedicated to his work, that he practically never left his starship for any reason, unless it concerned the First Order. Their reason for visiting Canto Bight. Perhaps Armitage was the one with the leash.

Lavinia stepped out back into the main room as Kos’tel’lanni announced her entrance. “Really, that’s not necessary.” The vibrant red fabric shifted with her movement, and she found herself pleased that the gown covered her uniform boots. “And see? That didn’t take long at all.”

It was honestly a shame ships couldn’t be in stealth, and be parked. Though, Reveille supposed, that would make them a bit harder to find. Nonetheless, it seemed that Kylo Ren was near her – and she wouldn’t be escaping him to her ship, either.

No, an invitation was extended to go to his ship to discuss things further.

Which wasn’t an invitation at all.

She nodded to Schaeffer as the doors opened and they stepped out. He parted from their side wordlessly to return to the ship where Rani and Jinah would be waiting. They’d wait for her, unless Kylo Ren’s own vessel left the area with her – and the ship was at least plainly visible.

“Lead the way, Supreme Leader,” she wouldn’t be able to open the door to his ship…by traditional means. Better he just go ahead and she’d follow after him.

In the back of her mind, she did wonder if she had overstepped anything in speaking with Matja. Kylo hadn’t acted like it – and he wasn’t the best actor. Still, she couldn’t help but keep that nagging worry in the back of her mind that she’d somehow fucked up his own plans for the First Order, or otherwise made it apparent they had different goals.

~***~

Did Kos’tel’lanni care that it wasn’t necessary? No. The look of exasperation on Armitage’s face was worth it, followed by the brief surprise. It was momentary, but just what Kos’tel’lanni was hoping for as the man’s blue eyes alighted on the woman in red. No doubt, he was hoping for simple black – not this.

His gaze went over her, brows knitting together a moment, “Are you sure that’s—”

“—perfect? Yes. You’re the one who needs more color, General, this is Canto Bight. I am certain I could find something in Schaeffer’s—”

“No,” he cut her off curtly. “That won’t be necessary. We are on a timeline, as Lieutenant Storax has noted, and she does look more than adequate for this job now, so we should be on our way.”

Kos’tel’lanni bit back the comment of ‘the word you’re looking for is pretty’. She just gave a nod, “As you say, General. I wish you both good fortune in this endeavor.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back