• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom FFX: Summoner's Pilgrimage [Closed]

Characters
Here
Dorean’s reactions were priceless to Kyra, but Ari was taking it seriously in his own state, nodding emphatically at how serious he was over malboro’s being the worst thing on Spira, and worth fighting Sin. “Ha! I’d never manage to tame a malboro! But I know some people do things like that,” he mused, “so maybe someone could. Or—hey wait, wait, fiends are pyreflies, right?”

“Yes. A bit more complicated than that, but yes,” Kyra said, wondering where Ari was going with this.

“And you can, kinda, manipulate them.”

“I can disperse them."

“Can you just, uh…could you make a malboro to fight Sin?”

Kyra let out a deep sigh, “Okay, it’s time for water,” she didn’t even wait for a response as she walked out of the room. When it got to weird explanations for phenomena, it was definitely time for water.

Dorean damn near spit everywhere as he laughed out loud once more, continuing to slap his knee at Ari's insistence that Kyra try to force a Malboro to fight Sin. He just couldn't stop thinking about the little babies! The tentacles trying to hit something as massive as Sin. The whole image of it just had him howling, and he couldn't stop.

"Ari, stop, man! You're gonna make me piss myself from laughing so hard!" he begged, holding his gut now as he attempted to breathe into his laughter. It was challenging, thanks to the booze hitting his brain like a warm fuzzy blanket. The more he laughed, the worse it got, so he knew he needed to settle a little bit if he was going to get any bearings at all here. He just... couldn't get that one scene out of his mind.

Luckily, Kyra was off to save the day by bringing them water. He didn't completely want it, but he figured it was probably best lest he gain himself a lovely hangover the next day. No one had time for that, honestly, so in the meantime, he tried to settle his giggles with more breathing. He just needed to think about something else for a bit, right?

Whatever that was...

"Man, that's... that's just too good," he chuckled, sitting up straighter now. "I think that's the best thing that's come outta your mouth yet, my friend."

Ari was grinning as Dorean continued to laugh, even if his grin was a bit baffled. He had a good idea, damn it! Why couldn’t a group of malboros fight Sin? It made perfect sense to him, he didn’t see why no one had faith in this idea. Oh well.

Eventually Dorean did get his laughter under control, and Ari smirked, “And this is just day one!” And not even a full day one yet, either! “I’m sure you’ll hear many more great Ari-isms before this is over with!” At least, he hoped so. “Maybe I should jot these downs, write a book on the way. Be a philosopher or something.”

“Please, I beg you, do not become a philosopher,” Kyra had returned with two cups of water, and she reached for the jug of alcohol once Ari took his cup.

“Hey!”

“No, I’m holding onto this until at least tomorrow,” she said. She wouldn’t deny them forever, but obviously they didn’t need any more if Ari was thinking of being a philosopher.

Dorean was apparently far too encouraging.

Which was a good thing, as much as it was not.

Dorean immediately noticed the two glasses of water, but with his inhibitions slowed, he couldn't quite pay attention to them as Ari was talking to him. So, he simply smiled at his newfound friend, hands in his lap, as he leaned forward a little. "I think... you'd be an amazing philosopher, Ari. You could come up with some of the best battle techniques, too... and just... so much good stuff."

Yep. The water was needed, even though he didn't want it.

Watching as Kyra set the glasses in their hands while also grabbing the ale bottle, his brow creased. "Heeeey. Why you gotta take the fun away?" Probably because they were too drunk at this point. Any more and they'd likely pass out on the deck in the middle of the night or something. Not good.

"Tomorrow is so far away, though," he said, bringing the glass of water to his lips as dark blue eyes glossed over Kyra. "Can't you bring it back a little sooner than that?"

‘Oh Fayth.’ Kyra was definitely glad she stumbled on these two before they got too far. At least she had an idea of who was more the lightweight…or who knew when to stop. Either way, Ari at least took the water, and started to drink it, even if he pulled a face after the first sip.

“You know what, if you two behave, I’ll give it back sooner,” Kyra said. She was lying through her teeth, of course, but they didn’t need to know that ‘behave’ included going to bed at a reasonable hour and after taking down a few more cups of water.

They didn’t need to know that by the very nature of ‘behave’ they would be deprived of it. They just had to think she would return it and play along until then to get it back. Drunks were usually able to manipulate.

“What do we gotta do?”

“Drink more water,” Kyra said, “I can’t cure hangovers in the morning and I’m not listening to you complain all day. Either of you.”

Drunken Dorean was inclined to believe Kyra when she said she'd bring it back, but sober him would reflect on this later and know that was very much a lie. Right now, though, he didn't mind, taking a few sips of the rather flavourless water and also making faces at it on occasion.

"Water sucks," the Guardian complained, mildly disinterested in it, but he didn't bother fighting it further than that.

After a few moments of silence, he decided to stand. It was an in tense wobble for Dorean to get to his feet, but once he was there, he leaned against a nearby box and plastered a happy grin on his face. Clearly, he was proud that he managed to stand up on his own. Though, the boat wouldn't make it easy for him to return to the sleeping quarters he was sharing with Ari... or anywhere else. Not that he was planning on going for a stroll or anything. He'd probably fall flat on his face if he did.

"I think..." he began, raising his glass of water. "I think this calls for a toast."

At least they were drinking the water. Kyra could already feel a headache coming on for dealing with these two. She’d never be able to complain about being bored, though. Worried, exasperated, and morbidly amused, yes – but not bored.

Ari was quick to agree with Dorean’s sentiment, laughing as he lifted his own glass, sloshing water over the rim of it. He did not attempt to get up, at least, although he nearly did. Kyra reached across to settle him back down.

“Yes it does – finish those drinks and I’ll go get you two glasses of something proper to toast!”

It would be non-alcoholic, but flavored. She could at least try to trick them that it had alcohol. She thought she saw lemonade around. Plus it would let her hide the jug.

When the jug was out of sight, they might forget it entirely!

“Okay!” Ari agreed, and started to down his water in hopes of something better.

"Something proper, it better be!" Dorean chimed in as Kyra headed off to go get something better than this pitiful water. As much as he knew he had to drink it, it didn't mean he really wanted to, honestly. It seemed Ari was of the same opinion.

Seeing that Ari was downing his water, though, the Guardian was inclined to follow suit, knowing it'd be rather unbecoming of him to be a drunken and hungover mess on their first night together as a group. So, he chugged back his water, making a bit of a face at just how bland it was, before setting the empty cup aside close by. Then, he peered across the expanse of the room at Ari, a grin tugging at his lips.

"I can't believe we've done this," he mused, giggling a little as he did so. "Kyra is gonna kill us in the morning, isn't she?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back