• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

celestial-rae

Hey there! I'm Rae, a 23 year old RP'er with about 9 years of RP experience. As such, I will only RP with those that are 18 years or older. I'm a novella-style RP'er who really prioritises detail, character introspection, all that good stuff that adds depth and dimension to an RP. As you'd expect, I'm looking for a partner with a similar writing approach, who is willing to match effort and the same ballpark length - typically around 4+ paragraphs.

I'd also love a partner who enjoys talking OOC about the RP! I write these characters because I adore them, and my best RP's are always the ones that involve us discussing the plot and sharing ideas. That being said, please share your ideas with me! Team work makes the dream work, and having an open line of communication throughout the RP ensures we're both on the same page and enjoying the experience as much as possible <3

In terms of reply speed, a minimum of one reply per day is typically what I strive for. But obviously, we all have real life commitments outside of RP (sadly). Of course, the golden rule is communication - I'll always give notice if you can expect a delay in my replying, and would really appreciate if you do the same. Just to keep each other in the loop and whatnot.

That's about it from me! At this stage I'm seeking Final Fantasy 7 RP's for Cloud and Aerith, and would write as Aerith. I've included a few headcanons and plot ideas to get the muse flowing, but as always, I'm more than happy to discuss and collab on any ideas further in PMs! Hope to hear from you soon!
- Rae <3

Desired Pairing(s)
- Cloud x Aerith

Plot Ideas
Alternative Universe Ideas

-- Disney Atlantis AU: Based on the universe and events of Disney's 2001 film Atlantis: The Lost Empire - but with a Clerith twist, of course. In this AU, the Cetra would play the role of the Atlanteans, and the expedition to uncover the long-lost Promised Land is led by Shinra (Captain Heidegger and Lieutenant Scarlet). Recruited as a mercenary to assist in the mission, Cloud couldn't be less interested in uncovering the fabled realm of the Ancients. Until the mission proves to be a success, and he stumbles into the path of Princess Aerith (essentially Kida's equivalent). We can follow the movie plotline as closely (or as loosely!) as we like, but I think the premise of Aerith and Cloud slowly developing feelings while Shinra's true intentions for the Promised Land and the Cetra lurks in the shadows would be *chef's kiss*

-- Modern Lawyers/Office Romance AU: Musing this idea so hard at the moment. Cloud is a lawyer/attorney with a reputation of being brilliant at his cases, but distant and closed-off from his work colleagues. Until his current secretary/assistant retires, and so his new replacement is brought in. Aerith Gainsborough. Similar to their first meeting in canon, I can very much see Cloud being blunt/unamused with her, especially if Aerith's a little clumsy with things to begin with. Think growing pains of them getting used to each other. She earns his trust little by little, he lets her in even when he doesn't want to. I would also LOVE to play with all the possibilities of Cloud being an attorney: especially if we draw upon elements of his past and reconceptualise them in a modern lens, i.e. Claudia (and/or Zack) being murdered and the killer not being brought to justice being Cloud's main motivator. But this is up for discussion.

-- Fallen Star AU: Set in the modern day, where Aerith accidentally crashes to Earth as a fallen star (or angel, whatever we fancy) and comes across Cloud - who is working as a mechanic in the local workshop. With nowhere to go and no identity in the human world, Aerith sticks by the grumpy mechanic's side and just doesn't seem to stop bugging him about how he should help her 'get home'. Cloud thinks she's utterly insane. Aerith thinks he could use some fun. Naturally, as Aerith's fascination for his world grows, the task of sending Aerith back to the sky becomes rather side-tracked. Basically: star girl Aerith inspiring Cloud to see the world around him with fresh eyes, and an unlikely bond begins. Because I just can't resist the angst, right as something more seems to be blossoming between them, Aerith grows weaker. As if her light is flickering out: the death of a star. Cloud resolves to send her back home, but letting go of the girl he's fallen for sure is easier said than done.

This idea is heavily inspired by two music videos, which I highly recommend you check out! They are:
365DABAND - Va Nhu The
Standing Egg - From The Star
And the Korean drama Hi! School: Love On

Canon Ideas
-- Changing Fate: Set Post-Remake Part 1: Aware of her destiny, Aerith grows uncertain of just how much of the future can be changed. Playing cupid matchmaker for Cloud had never been a part of the plan, but what else can she do to spare him the heartbreak of loving a dead girl walking? Essentially Aerith trying to nudge Tifa and Cloud to fall together. One slight problem: she never thought to factor in just how determined Cloud is to have his say. Pining upon pining.

Again, very much inspired by the fanfic, 'all i fear is nothing' by Clementessa! Zero requirements for you to read the fic as the idea is a pretty broad one, but I will link the work regardless:

-- Anything post-canon/canon divergent that we discuss and agree on together!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back