• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Flashback Feyn Djunnen - Fury of the Drakkar Rebellion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf Rawrrr

Wolf-Knight
Supporter
Djunnen Family Home, Darran, year 3279

-------------------------------------------------------

It is late afternoon. The rays of light from the outside are falling at a sharp angle through the windows. The Sun will be setting in an hour or two. Another day in the remote corner of the kingdom's desert city draws to an end, and of course the young drakkar in the middle of the room is completely oblivious to it.

The child is in its own world, unhindered, untroubled, at least for the moment, doing what kids do best regardless of their race, social standing or beliefs - playing. The girl sits surrounded with small blocks of wood scattered on a pile. The blocks are centimeters in height and width, finely polished, and what is no longer obvious, is that just a while back they formed a meter high wooden tower - up until the point when the drakkar girl launched a stone at it and the building came tumbling down. Her other toy stands a few feet away; it is a miniature, simplified replica of the original drakkar catapult. Its sling is empty. The small round stone lies somewhere under the wooden debris.

Gazing at the result she got, she is snapped from her daydream by a voice calling her name.

"Feyn." The voice is deep, mildly rough, typical drakkar, and she knows it belongs to her father before she even turns to face it. He stands at the doorway and stares at his daughter with a faint smile on his face.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feyn Djunnen

Fury of the Drakkar Rebellion

What would have constituted a fearsome predatory display in some cultures was in actuality, a smile growing on the young Drakkar's face. Her excitement too much for her, she slips on one of the blocks getting up. Stumbling forward a few feet, she falls into the arms of the elder. With a sweeping motion he scoops his child up, wings fluttering slightly as he lifts, naturally compensating.

"Father!" Feyn's scales flushed as she nuzzles against her father's dark ruby scales. "Father! I did it, it isn't there now but I did it! Just like in classes. A tower and I knocked it down. Just like General Brenth!"

A running story in her life, General Brenth had been the majority of the offensive might during the long war against the old Kingdom. Taking the battle to the enemy, Brenth had changed the official border of the warzone several times. Each campaign he went on ended with him sacking multiple enemy strongholds and prevented a quick decisive victory against the Drakkar.

"The outsiders don't build their walls the right way Father. We could have stopped them right?" Strong arms hold the child without even the slightest of troubles. Her own arms, long for her age, wrap around her Father's neck. She squeezes with all her might, trying to imitate the bear hugs of her Uncle's.

Father smiles proudly at his daughter and says: "No doubt, if only General Brenth had you at his side." He pets the small wings of her daughter gently. "Well done, Feyn. And I'm told you are doing well in your classes as well. First year's important, you know. You're making us all proud, child." An encouraging smile follows.

"The sands used to harbor more of those like you, once upon a time." father's face turned more serious then. Concern was written all over it, as well as remembering. "That was a... different time. Things change, Feyn, but no matter how the times get, you must never let them change you from who you need to be. You are a member of an old and powerful race, my daughter." There was a faint glow of passion in his eyes as he spoke. "Promise me, Feyn. Never forsake your legacy, for anyone. It is all you are, and all you'll live to become. Do you understand?"

"I understand completely" Her voice toned down to match his serious sounding tone. She had heard promises and tales of greatness from her Father before but when he got a voice like that, Feyn knew it was super important. "I won't ever give it up Father...I don't even think I know how but I promise I will not."

She squeezes hard, basking in the love he gave her and the truths of her people. Eventually pulling back to look him in the eyes. "Father, if we were like that once, why aren't we now? Why aren't we ruling and why are weak elfs and backstabbing humans saying they are? Are we free?"

Her words cut into the afternoon winds, casting a silence over their home.

Father frowns, thinking. She was still so young.

"Look at me. Do you see your father in chains? We are free, Feyn. The rest of the world just doesn't know it yet. They need to be shown." That spark was back in his eyes. "Someday, you will be among those who will show them just what the drakkar can do. But until then, you must train yourself to live up to that. Remember my words."

Of course, things weren't that simple. But until she got older, this was all his daughter needed to know. She needed a motivation. A goal. Everything else could be explained in time. After all, who knows what the situation would be by the time she comes of age? In a sense, he didn't lie to her. Daskárd was officially a province of the kingdom equal to to the others. It's just that in reality things weren't always as on paper.

"Now let's go find your mother. It's nearly time for dinner. You need to eat if you want to keep tearing down towers, Feyn." He smiles and carries her towards the door out of the living room.

University of Araxis, Darran, year 3289

----------------------------------------------------

Nothing breaks the silence except sounds of steel against steel in the training grounds of the University. Young Drakkar between ages of fifteen and twenty are fighting in pairs under the watchful eye of the senior instructor. The place is out in the open and looks less like a school's training ground and more like a smaller version of the famous Arena on the other side of Darran. The children duel without words. Only senior instructor Qwey mouths an advice or praise here and there.

There's a few people on the spectator stand; sometimes parents come to watch the progress of their children. That's why Hern Djunnen was there, anyway - to watch his sixteen year old daughter. Feyn was deeply focused on her exercise and he just arrived a few minutes ago so she probably hadn't noticed him yet, or the fact that he wasn't alone. There was another person standing next to him that Feyn couldn't have known, but was obviously from Alicante. A human, clad in the gold and scarlet of the royal court with two armored soldiers from the Royal Guard nearby. In the drakkar capital, which was far from devoid of humans, such a setup stood out like a burning candle in a dark tunnel nonetheless.

This battle was already won. Feyn knew this as soon as she met eyes with her opponent. The other Drakkar had kept up a good facade but could not meet Feyn's gaze. The dark scaled Drakkar across from Feyn had lost the battle of the mind.

Both of the young Drakkar had their wings askew, but only Feyn broke the silence. Hissing through her teeth she curses and threatens. Anger at not finishing the already secured battle quickly.

"Fall...die...die..." Words seep out after she strikes, her opponent blocking and recoiling. The instructor was moments from calling the bout when Feyn caught sight of her Father. For a moment, her anger vanishes being readily replaced with excitement. He'd see her finish the weak one before her. The red scales of her throat flare, showing her adolescence and youth.

Then the anger returns red hot. She knew that armor and that human. A represenative from some false ruler. Her wigs bristle as a hard jab from a pole cracks across her jaw.

The instructor calls the match with Feyn slamming her training weapon down and storming over to her Father. Crashing through the communal lockers and up the stairs to observation.

Hern has seen his daughter look like this before. The rage inherited from both the Drakkar and her family tree evident. Her eyes are locked on the throat of the human as she steps up.

"I was robbed of a victory. That wasn't accurate Father" She points down at the arena. "Why are you here" She speaks around Hern and at the human.

Father manages a nervous smile, but he can't hide the frown on his face that speaks of disapproving. "Why, I came to watch you, Feyn. Just like before. What are you so riled up about? What could make you abandon training like that?"

The human diplomat looked uncomfortable. His conversation was interrupted by an angry drakkar, and his bodyguards moved a bit closer, their hands on the hilts of their sheathed swords.

Notice

As this character has been abandoned following the player's departure from the game, this Link to the Past thread is suspended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back