• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern "fever dreams" — ooc thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Injected with a serum that can make him turn into any liquid (Misham is now somewhere around 90-95% water), but has to be put into a cold enviorment to turn back into a solid. She can easily be mistaken for a drink if she turns into water, milk, juice, or other beverages. He is very weak when it comes to hot and is more likely to die from a fever or hot weather and has to have food served cold. Also, Misham sweats a lot.

is this considered too much of a power?

Misham's power has strengths and weaknesses so no it isn't too much in this regard; however, I would like explanation on how they turn into any liquid, what enables them to do that? It's one thing to turn into water, being made up of it, but water doesn't magically make milk? (could be something like they intake milk and then can become it, or that they can give the illusion that they are milk by changing the appearance of the water molecules, maybe abusing the way light reflects on water?) I am assuming they sweat more in their solid form as well and not their liquid forms. Is sweating for them bad?

Maybe I can help? What's the theme?
he can shape shift into a wendigo. but I dont think the title would just be the species he transforms into. idk I just feel like I cant think of a fitting name I can imagine seekers giving. I also have a second character who's an earth elemental and can control like rocks and dirt and stuff, I'm lost on her title too

he can shape shift into a wendigo. but I dont think the title would just be the species he transforms into. idk I just feel like I cant think of a fitting name I can imagine seekers giving. I also have a second character who's an earth elemental and can control like rocks and dirt and stuff, I'm lost on her title too

Oooooh, interesting. Hmmm..... gonna think for a few minutes.

Meta could be a cool one for the earth elemental. Like metamorphic rock or metamorphosis.

I might not use meta specifically since I saw that it means a change and I feel like that could apply to all of the characters, but you gave me the idea to look at prefixes, root words, etc

I might not use meta specifically since I saw that it means a change and I feel like that could apply to all of the characters, but you gave me the idea to look at prefixes, root words, etc

Whatever works best! Glad I could help at least a little bit :)

Went outside with the dog just now and there were so many bats outside it was so cool! I havn't seen that many in a longtime.

BATS

1598325977_27017

lots of em.

Ive never seen a bat in real life before im kinda jealous now

They look kinda like birds in the dark, but they fly differently and close to the ground (maybe 20-30 feet up). You could probably google to see if you have any species of bat around where you live. Usually when I see them, it's sort of on the edges of a stand of trees at around dusk, but they show up pretty close to houses and stuff sometimes too, so you don't necessarily need to be out in the forest.

Misham's power has strengths and weaknesses so no it isn't too much in this regard; however, I would like explanation on how they turn into any liquid, what enables them to do that? It's one thing to turn into water, being made up of it, but water doesn't magically make milk? (could be something like they intake milk and then can become it, or that they can give the illusion that they are milk by changing the appearance of the water molecules, maybe abusing the way light reflects on water?) I am assuming they sweat more in their solid form as well and not their liquid forms. Is sweating for them bad?
sweating is actually bad. if the day's very hot or Misham does strenuous activities, he sweats more. If her water level gets below a certain point via sweat, then it's possible for Misham to sweat to death bc the sweat gets out of the body faster. Also, the serum has the molecular structure of most liquids (save ones that are gasses or solids in the periodic table(there are only 6 elements in the periodic table of elements that are liquids at around room temp). And yes, Misham only sweats in solid form.

sweating is actually bad. if the day's very hot or Misham does strenuous activities, he sweats more. If her water level gets below a certain point via sweat, then it's possible for Misham to sweat to death bc the sweat gets out of the body faster. Also, the serum has the molecular structure of most liquids (save ones that are gasses or solids in the periodic table(there are only 6 elements in the periodic table of elements that are liquids at around room temp). And yes, Misham only sweats in solid form.
Awesome! Love the sweating, heat idea- so does that mean they can't turn into sweat? (idk I was just thinking about it x'D)

So a couple of thing. I don't mind they can go into various liquids. But I need something more practical than they put all these liquid molecular structures into one serum. It could be that they received multiple experiments over the course of their stay here to build up that arsenal of liquid transformation, the previous suggestions, or something else of your own creativity.

" ... the molecular structure of most liquids (save ones that are gasses or solids in the periodic table (there are only 6 elements in the periodic table of elements that are liquids at around room temp)." - You're saying most liquids besides the liquid forms of naturally solid or gaseous elements right? I encourage you to explore the other liquids they cannot transform into vs the ones they can. Unless you mean only the liquid forms of the gases/solids.

I'm also going to say that Mercury's (one of my characters) power is that to do with the element Mercury (one of the room temp liquid elements). That isn't me saying Misham can't transform into mercury too just because Mercury has that power, but they'll probably be not as "specialized" as Mercury would since it's the all Mercury will have while Misham has more liquids and would most likely be expected to practice their broad range, not just one liquid.

Awesome! Love the sweating, heat idea- so does that mean they can't turn into sweat? (idk I was just thinking about it x'D)

So a couple of thing. I don't mind they can go into various liquids. But I need something more practical than they put all these liquid molecular structures into one serum. It could be that they received multiple experiments over the course of their stay here to build up that arsenal of liquid transformation, the previous suggestions, or something else of your own creativity.

" ... the molecular structure of most liquids (save ones that are gasses or solids in the periodic table (there are only 6 elements in the periodic table of elements that are liquids at around room temp)." - You're saying most liquids besides the liquid forms of naturally solid or gaseous elements right? I encourage you to explore the other liquids they cannot transform into vs the ones they can. Unless you mean only the liquid forms of the gases/solids.

I'm also going to say that Mercury's (one of my characters) power is that to do with the element Mercury (one of the room temp liquid elements). That isn't me saying Misham can't transform into mercury too just because Mercury has that power, but they'll probably be not as "specialized" as Mercury would since it's the all Mercury will have while Misham has more liquids and would most likely be expected to practice their broad range, not just one liquid.
yeah, that could work. for the multiple experiments. So, he received multiple serums over a year, and it was hell for her. And yes, I'm saying most liquids besides the liquid forms of naturally solid or gaseous elements. I also didn't include radioactive materials and acids because the scientists aren't dumb enough to do that.

that also means that Misham can turn into other bodily fluids and um...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back