• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern "fever dreams" — ooc thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
You two are acting like literally all of my relatives. They're like, "You don't drink tea??? You don't drink tea???" I'm a traitor to my entire lineage /j

And for me it's the opposite since I'm really the only one in my family that drinks hot tea lol

How dare you assume I'm a Brit /hj. Bangladeshi, lol.

Listen, the Queen is bound to live for thousands of years if her deal with the devil pans out, she doesn't need anyone else rooting for her.

Coffee, Tea, Hot Chocolate. Got to switch it up and drink a different combination every day. Add in the occasional Energy Drink to really shake things up.

Coffee, Tea, Hot Chocolate. Got to switch it up and drink a different combination every day. Add in the occasional Energy Drink to really shake things up.
Amen

I'm currently incredibly exhausted and faintly stressed. Convinced I'm only surviving through the sheer power of coffee and spite rn. As for favorite treat, I'm thinking carrot halwa!! (It's really good, you have to try it if you haven't!)
what an absolute mood

i am feeling very head empty so i haven't had time to think up my character(s) yet. this is a tomorrow project.

What's life at the facility been like thus far for them? For those that lack memories of the outside world, can they access books or TV or anything else that would give them some sort of idea of what it's like? And, what do they have access to (if any) for enrichment?
So I saw these questions earlier but had to leave for work or otherwise be late before I could give a proper response-

So generally speaking it revolves around experiments, tests, and trials related to their evolution from mere human to whatever goal it is for them to be (so for example, Merrit to be a dragon or "The Fafnir"). If the lack the memories of the outside world they have the potential to have access to books, TV, word of mouth/lecture, or whatever else depending on how they are and again what they were be advertised for. I will use Mercury for example, he was whisked away after taking damage in a war and his original team, military, country was essentially told they would fix him and he would be even better, the whole super soldier sale out [note that this does not need to be everybody's backstory]. So he is likely kept up to date on the going ons of wars and attacks both explained and inexplicable. IF he's a good boy, behaving. It's most likely if characters are misbehaving information would be withheld from them unless the Seekers believe they could use it to manipulate the experiments into better behavior or a wanted outcome/attitude. Then there's experiments like Glue, who probably won't make use of certain information (such as what would be one the news) anyways, so anything he would catch would be having listened in on conversation, and he's a doer, he doesn't read, nor would he properly comprehend collapsing buildings, ballista, missiles (fireworks), besides them being "messes he could clean up." So there's an amount of character-dependent on what you wanna do and how your character is or would be. There may be a "library" but the information would be controlled still depending on whether or not they think it would affect the experiments. But for example if Merrit wants to read a book on mechanics, they're like, "sure." But things like "making weapons" is probably a big flag.

Enrichment; they essentially are made sure to be healthy (provided they do not have to do any extreme or difficult measures to restrain, detain, incapacitate them due to behavior, etc. you get the idea). Mercury for example works out, this is all an option for every experiment and is actually a bit enforced, there is some sort of exercise or stimulation the Seekers would have them do. Mercury will even be playing guitar, so if your character is seen to be intelligent and interested in enough in things like playing an instrument, drawing, this is provided, it may be used as positive reinforcement. The major things is the experiments likely would not have met each other, they don't necessarily get a whole lot of interaction between the other experiments unless there was some merit from it. For example, war lended experiments may spar one another, but even this is tricky and risky as temperament, freak out, other variables are at large in such interactions. But if you have an org that's doling out advertised war machines to different nations, anyone whose giving you money, then you're kind of wanting to see what's the best of the best. All of this is something that can be discussed and picked at.

I'm currently incredibly exhausted and faintly stressed. Convinced I'm only surviving through the sheer power of coffee and spite rn. As for favorite treat, I'm thinking carrot halwa!! (It's really good, you have to try it if you haven't!)
I do not know what that is but it sounds interesting, and I would at least like to try it! (As long as it isn't purple carrot juice). And that is quite a relatable mood. I do drink a it of everything, cocoa, tea, coffee. But I am definitely a coffee addict.

Azula, and everyone, take your time, I want quality apps, not rushed ones. To be honest I have been dumping things in the format of a word bank and head banging to playlists x'D

Awesome. That answers a lot of my questions! How much would characters have likely been personally affected by the Unknown force that attacked the world? Is it worse in some countries, and would the average citizen have been affected outside the war/attack zones?

I do not know what that is but it sounds interesting, and I would at least like to try it! (As long as it isn't purple carrot juice). And that is quite a relatable mood. I do drink a it of everything, cocoa, tea, coffee. But I am definitely a coffee addict.

Azula, and everyone, take your time, I want quality apps, not rushed ones. To be honest I have been dumping things in the format of a word bank and head banging to playlists x'D

But have you ever tried cooked purple yams? They're sooooooooo good.

Awesome. That answers a lot of my questions! How much would characters have likely been personally affected by the Unknown force that attacked the world? Is it worse in some countries, and would the average citizen have been affected outside the war/attack zones?
So the plates shifting and the power outages, malfunctions was universal, as in world-wide effect. The most greatly affect would be countries bordering/on the borders of the tectonic plate; an example of one (plate) I know, the Ring of Fire, so west coast Americas, East Coast Asia would all be more greatly affected than those countries that are more within the middle of the plates. Those countries that can afford backed generators and power likely have some to spare to is citizens or some of its citizens; natural resource energy (solar, hydro, wind) is also something that's probably being more utilized if they can do so properly (there's a whole animal of variables for these- wind is like, the shittiest, i don't know who would want this over the other two)

Think of it a bit as a stickier type of carrot cake!

I’ve been listening to like the same song on repeat and then getting to into it and forget what I was writing about >~<

I’ve been listening to like the same song on repeat and then getting to into it and forget what I was writing about >~<
That's a mood XD

I love to listen to music while I do literally anything, but I have a sneaking suspicion that I write more in silence. Naturally, that hypothesis has been locked away. Too much effort has gone to making character and atmosphere specific playlists to go back now 🙃

That's a mood XD

I love to listen to music while I do literally anything, but I have a sneaking suspicion that I write more in silence. Naturally, that hypothesis has been locked away. Too much effort has gone to making character and atmosphere specific playlists to go back now 🙃
Honestly, same. I love having the music on when I'm working but I never get anything done.

Honestly, same. I love having the music on when I'm working but I never get anything done.

Brains be teasing multitasking is possible, like:

9f739cd8edecf074b7ab1e0606eee68c.gif

I fall for it every time XD
Although if I'm doing physical work it tends to go better. I love listening to audiobooks while working.

Brains be teasing multitasking is possible, like:

9f739cd8edecf074b7ab1e0606eee68c.gif

I fall for it every time XD
Although if I'm doing physical work it tends to go better. I love listening to audiobooks while working.
I'm actually pretty decent at multitasking, just not when anything involving music is concerned, lol.

I have a question! so I'm working on my character's history and trying to think of a timeline--I know it says this project has been a thing for 10 years, but how long has it been since earth was first attacked? was it the same year the seekers gathered or was there some time before they managed to organize enough to begin experimentation?

I have a question! so I'm working on my character's history and trying to think of a timeline--I know it says this project has been a thing for 10 years, but how long has it been since earth was first attacked? was it the same year the seekers gathered or was there some time before they managed to organize enough to begin experimentation?
I would say the attacks started around 2 years before the labs functioning operation (so 12 years ago), but the attacks were continuous (plates shifting and disasters that were caused by the plates shifting) for over a year. While in the "lull" of this ten years if you will, small tremors have been documented as well.

When it comes to music it depends on the kind of music for me. Certain music can zone me in to focusing, but most of the time it's catchy stuff that I want to dance to or I don't really focus unless I'm doing something like playing a video game. A lot of times it inspires character stuff (like a whole mental music video). But usually it's the same, where I silence is best for me to write most or every once in a while I get fever writing for a specific song but I really think my brain zones the song out and I'm just pumped to write.

I would say the attacks started around 2 years before the labs functioning operation (so 12 years ago), but the attacks were continuous (plates shifting and disasters that were caused by the plates shifting) for over a year. While in the "lull" of this ten years if you will, small tremors have been documented as well.

When it comes to music it depends on the kind of music for me. Certain music can zone me in to focusing, but most of the time it's catchy stuff that I want to dance to or I don't really focus unless I'm doing something like playing a video game. A lot of times it inspires character stuff (like a whole mental music video). But usually it's the same, where I silence is best for me to write most or every once in a while I get fever writing for a specific song but I really think my brain zones the song out and I'm just pumped to write.

ok thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back