• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern "fever dreams" — ooc thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
What is something your character struggles with internally, something they don't speak about out loud but may come out in subtle ways?
Six doesn't want to feel their rage, their meaningless anger. They can't think anymore, it's all clouded by their bloodlust and hunger. Six, at this point, just wants to be left alone...to close their eyes and sleep without being reminded of all their pain, all their hunger and rage.

Does your character play an instrument? Can they sing?
Six can sing, but their voice is...not very well. They prefer not to do so, and I highly don't suggest asking them to. No instruments.

My allergies have me feeling drained, so I will hopefully have Cassiel's CS finished sometime this week.

hiya guys!! i'm still reading applications and i'm going to try to get mine up soon, but i got a few questions c:

i'm wanting my guy to be either blind or going blind because of the experiment, but would that work?? he'd still be able to get around because of like... echolocation and his hearing and stuff! he'd also be able to see shapes kind of like shadows whenever he does use his echolocation but i'm super open to changing that or taking suggestions for how else he'd get around. like if it'd be better if he just used his hearing then i can do that, or i can make it so he still has some vision 👀 i also want to give him wings but i might not do that because from what i've seen there's lots of other characters with wings so 🤔 ahh and also he's Sickly but not terminally ill or anything, but he gets illnesses easily and had a congenital heart disease through most of his childhood. he got a new heart and became a lot healthier but i'm wondering if he'd even be someone the Seekers would want to take because of his health issues?? maybe the experiment could have made him healthier OR actually made him more sickly? maybe they messed up somehow and need to do more experiments on him so that they can fix their mistakes??? idk i just have ideas :')))

also how are soul mates going to be decided? are you guys going to pair them up based on the characters personalities or use a random generator or something? or will it be decided between the players? :0

and and what was the world like in general? like was it kind of apocalyptic because of the plates moving or was human society able to adapt to all the bad stuff fairly easily? i'm asking because i'm wanting my guy to have all of his memories (which i'm pretty sure is allowed, right?) and i'd like to know what the world is like before i go edit his backstory :'))

anyway sorry for all the questions i'm just excited and eager to use my boy dfskldfs :'DD

(This might be rushed because I'll be going to work soon)

Right! So, those rules were put in place so that characters would be able to interact with others, being blind doesn't necessarily disrupt that, you're free to have his vision affected, as long as he can get around in some way it should be fine <3

The Seekers were not necessarily picky about who they took from anywhere, if the opportunity presented itself, they were plucked. For the Fated program, experiments were chosen based on how capable they are in interacting with each other. For example, something that kills anything and everything on sight wouldn't be picked unless the Seekers were able to alter that.

The fated (pairs) will be chosen based on player discussion, between players, and if the GMs need to step in, we'll decide, but I'm wanting that to be more in the players hands, a random generator won't do it as imo should be based on how the characters would mesh together.

So the world isn't necessarily in full blown apocalypse-mode, more like steadily to quickly declining into the Apocalypse. Wars are being waged and some countries are still functioning. Now, I really do have to be getting to work, but after I'm off and back home I'll be back to answer your questions more in depth.

<3 I love the excitement

alrighty!! thank you soooo much for replying even though you're in a rush <3😭 i shall eagerly await the more in depth responses but for now i shall get to work editing his sheet and figuring out his powers better 💪 i might need help with them because i never fully fleshed them out but for now i will think on it uvu

Alright so on the experiments of your character, all these ideas are sound. We want your characters to not be overpowered Sues. Him having wings isn't oversaturating, but say six people having regeneration would be. If every one had feathery wings, yes, that would be boring, but in the wing depot, I think we are fine, welcome aboard lol. I will say maybe not make him too sickly, in that if he doesn't receive medical attention often he'd die, something drastic like that probably wouldn't fit him into the program. Now if him getting super sick is a product of overusing an ability then that's perfectly fine!

"and what was the world like in general? like was it kind of apocalyptic because of the plates moving or was human society able to adapt to all the bad stuff fairly easily?" -
so the world was today's world if you will. Now come the happenings of The Unknown, it had quickly aroused more tensions and paranoia that spilled over into other nations blaming the other, and eventually causing more wars and with them destruction. There are countries that have adapted better than others (these would be your "super powers" I'm going to call them. Those countries that can afford weapons and armies.) There's also civil unrest, as you can imagine citizens can be enthusiastic and passionate on their beliefs whether they're against their governments actions or for them, and then there are those who are indifferent or just want to survive. The Seekers are a collective of people that do not believe it's a nation's fault or group of people, but the source is The Unknown, the truth that no one has yet, and that this Unknown will come about again, thus the reason for the projects and now The Fated. So the world is on its road to destruction, the apocalypse if you will, but not quite there. There are people that can still o and get McDonalds, and then there are people who are choosing to live in the sewer systems of where they are because they believe it's safer. There are people who are still going to their offices because their country isn't "bombed" and then there are cities that have been bombed. So in a way you really have some freedom for this. There will be themes of propaganda and media saying "Don't Panic" and "It'll be alright."

".....i'm wanting my guy to have all of his memories (which i'm pretty sure is allowed, right?) and i'd like to know what the world is like before i go edit his backstory :'))....."- Yes it's fine if character do remember their past lives, it's how they got here (from the moment they were drugged/knocked out, whatever to waking up in the facility) they wouldn't have any memory or recollection of.

I will say maybe not make him too sickly, in that if he doesn't receive medical attention often he'd die, something drastic like that probably wouldn't fit him into the program. Now if him getting super sick is a product of overusing an ability then that's perfectly fine!
no no he wouldn't be so sickly he'd die without medical attention, but i'm thinking like he gets the cold often or like a flu or strep throat or something :')) stuff that can be taken care of with medicine and rest! but he'd still probably move around and participate because he's used to being ill and its just another aspect of his life that he has to deal with.

The Seekers are a collective of people that do not believe it's a nation's fault or group of people, but the source is The Unknown, the truth that no one has yet, and that this Unknown will come about again
the seekers are the conspiracy theorists i see............ okokok thank you for answering!! i'm wanting my dude to be from somewhere in america but not the west coast bc it's damaged because of the plates. i definitely can work his backstory to fit the world 💕 oh! what's the shortest amount of time someone could be in the lab? like how new could someone be to everything? i might have missed that somewhere sdfklds

and last question for now until i get to work on his powers, but is there a deadline for characters? :0

There is currently no deadline, but when that changes I'll let everyone know.

That isn't something I had thought about, but I would say at least a year.

And also yes that's totally fine! (the sicky-ness)

okokok thank you so much kind gm, i will go rush off to work on my boy while watching this show and hope that i don't get super distracted dfkjlfk. if i have questions about the powers/experiment should i dm you or can i just ask over here??

hello hello! while I do have a few world questions, i'll probably be asking them in a pm since i dont wanna spam the ooc, but other than that i was wondering if anyone was doing metal-related powers? not necessarily like metal-bending but more like transforming into metal liquid 🤔 sorta like kirishima for bnha but gooey-er!

hello hello! while I do have a few world questions, i'll probably be asking them in a pm since i dont wanna spam the ooc, but other than that i was wondering if anyone was doing metal-related powers? not necessarily like metal-bending but more like transforming into metal liquid 🤔 sorta like kirishima for bnha but gooey-er!
I have Mercury being well, he has to do with Mercury, so that would be the liquid metal. So that's kind of his thing (sorry my CS's are almost ready). You can still do something with metal, just avoid that specifically <3

aw, that's no prob! just let me know when I send my sheet over if it's too similar to your boy's powers and I can make the necessary changes!

floats inside
so I have two ideas that I wanna go off of!

Basically, a woman with ice powers + a guy who can form and control (?) a skeleton of varying size dependent on how many people die/have died in the area around him 😌

those are both cool ideas there happy balloon guy 👀👀 i dont think there are any characters yet that have ice capabilities though if i read Six's sheet correctly there's some kind of skeleton thing going on...?? i can't wait to see what you come up with thoooughh

those are both cool ideas there happy balloon guy 👀👀 i dont think there are any characters yet that have ice capabilities though if i read Six's sheet correctly there's some kind of skeleton thing going on...?? i can't wait to see what you come up with thoooughh
Six becomes lizard

I become skele human monke

adjusts tie we are not the same

hi!!! stumbled upon the interest check just a lil bit ago. planning to make a darling named saria, or nicknamed "the shimmer", or shimmer for short. basically someone who can move through any reflective surface, kind of teleporting but she can only move to a new surface if its within visible distance. idk if theres anyone who already have a similar idea though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back