• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern "fever dreams" — ooc thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
You guys all have such cool character ideas!

I'm going the vampire route with my guy, where he can heal from consuming blood. He's also able to form an empathic/telephatic link with whatever creature's blood he consumes (time limit and the type of link depends on stuff that I'll write out later). Although so far that link only works from the creature to him (he hears their thoughts/feels their emotions) and not from him to the creature.

You guys all have such cool character ideas!

I'm going the vampire route with my guy, where he can heal from consuming blood. He's also able to form an empathic/telephatic link with whatever creature's blood he consumes (time limit and the type of link depends on stuff that I'll write out later). Although so far that link only works from the creature to him (he hears their thoughts/feels their emotions) and not from him to the creature.

I love the link idea!

What is something your character struggles with internally, something they don't speak about out loud but may come out in subtle ways?

What is something your character struggles with internally, something they don't speak about out loud but may come out in subtle ways?

Oooh, I like this one.

Sonny: Sonny has no memories. He pretends like this doesn't bother him, but he's actually quite upset about this. Without memories of his life prior to the experiments, he doesn't really know how much of himself is real per say. He's stuck in a position of everyone trying to make choices for him and no ability to reference his past for guidance on what he wants. He feels unmoored without goals, dreams, or relationships to keep him grounded.

Mercury; he has memories, they are not fluid though, they come in snippets and flashes, and they act similar to nightmares, they haunt him. It's like having the pieces to a puzzle but not being able to fit them properly to recreate the full picture you once had. It's more frustrating because around him are the Seekers who try to tell him what happened, and of course there's not any trust or belief sustained between them [Mercury and the Seekers].

This leads into his largest internal struggle which is unwittingly swept under the rug through his playful personality. His morals, tricky, they aren't necessarily cared about and yet they are without him really understanding it. He is there to do a job, was, surrounded by the cammaderie of his team, and now without it he is in enemy territory. Not with other soldiers, with snakes and rats. Not that he hasn't been questionable himself, but there are lines, and the relationship between these have been blurred and tangled in a mess he can normally dismiss with moving forward. But how can you do that in a lab rat box?

Cooper grew up as the only child with “average” intelligence in a family filled with people smarter than him. He remembers some details about his life before the facility, but what he remembers most are his past feelings, which included a lot of self-doubt when it came to his own intelligence. This is a poorly-kept secret though, as he’ll often act the fool to prevent being called one outright. And he’s the type of person who jokes about their insecurities as a wall against getting hurt.

Misham has a fear of dying(early or painfully), which is when why when someone asks whether Misham would stay or go free, Misham would choose to stay. Misham would rather face pain, than die.

Last edited:
hi don't know what's going on yet but ill be looking forward to be here and rp with you all! (now off i go to read and create a character.)

how does a character with multiple uh personality for mutation sounds? now hear me out its not d.i.d, basically im thinking about more of someone who can immediately change their well yes personality. ex. at first they may come as naive, weak willed and complacent. then if conflict comes about, they can change into someone who is brash, blunt and hot headed. they can also become someone who is outgoing, supportive, passionate, or someone who is cold and silent and emotionally detached.

they know what they are doing and this is more about playing a certain "role" to the reaction they get around them or the current situation that befalls them. all in all it is conflicting and tends to violently switch back and forth. shattering someone's personality to embody each said fragments.

idk if that makes sense but that is the basic idea.

Quinn:

Merrit: Merrit struggles when it comes to the fact that there are things that he actually likes about his abilities. He's been made into a weapon of mass destruction and he's very aware that if everything goes according to plan, he will likely be made to terrible things. He's terrified of the day where he's sent out on a mission and feels like it's important that he does everything in his power to resist hurting anyone as much as possible. Still, he doesn't entirely hate the changes. There's something fascinating about having the ability to interact with fire without being afraid and the idea of flying is thrilling. It's just that whenever he discovers something new about himself that he enjoys, he feels guilty. Like he's being a bad person for not struggling more to accept his new identity.

Quinn: I think that for Quinn, she's used to her role in life. The disturbing aspects come out under normal conditions, where she's reminded that there's another way of life that was denied to her thus far. She's not human in the DNA sense, but she's still a person with human emotions and desires. Having those reminders that she's considered different by other people makes her uneasy. Technically it's true, but there's something that really bothers her about it. She was human at some point and while she doesn't remember her childhood, she doesn't think that her personality is all that strange. And what if there really is something wrong with her?

how does a character with multiple uh personality for mutation sounds? now hear me out its not d.i.d, basically im thinking about more of someone who can immediately change their well yes personality. ex. at first they may come as naive, weak willed and complacent. then if conflict comes about, they can change into someone who is brash, blunt and hot headed. they can also become someone who is outgoing, supportive, passionate, or someone who is cold and silent and emotionally detached.

they know what they are doing and this is more about playing a certain "role" to the reaction they get around them or the current situation that befalls them. all in all it is conflicting and tends to violently switch back and forth. shattering someone's personality to embody each said fragments.

idk if that makes sense but that is the basic idea.
While it sounds interesting I am going to ask that you try exploring a different mutation.

hey yall! i just updated my placeholder with the character sheet and writing sample, so if you want, you can go check my boy out.

public announcement+ acception
You may have seen this on the main page/ interest check, but as I am receiving a large amount of people interested in possession and healing or regen abilities, I will no longer be accepting these types of abilities. It's alright if these are minor additions to the overall schematic of your character's abilities but I think everyone would benefit from more variety <3

mogy mogy Abe is accepted, Glue will have a lot of fun picking him up hee hee. I would like to know what his maximum potential is though 👀

Last edited:
You may have seen this on the main page/ interest check, but as I am receiving a large amount of people interested in possession and healing or regen abilities, I will no longer be accepting these types of abilities. It's alright if these are minor additions to the overall schematic of your character's abilities but I think everyone would benefit from more variety <3

mogy mogy Abe is accepted, Glue will have a lot of fun picking him up hee hee. I would like to know what his maximum potential is though 👀
what do you mean by maximum potential?

what do you mean by maximum potential?
So you mentioned that he's still trying to see what all he can do with his powers, like he still has room to grow or add to his capabilities, maximum potential being like the ceiling if you will.

ohhh! yeah, so, i don't think he'll be able to control when he shifts, but he will be able to get himself into that position for the seizure to take place, so essentially, he'll learn what triggers his seizures and be able to use that as a way to somewhat control when he shifts. as for things he can do as the mist, there are many possibilities, but i'm thinking some sort of air vibrations that create sound, so he'll eventually be able to speak even in mist form. and when he gets really good at controlling his mist body, he might even be able to hold objects and punch things if need be. it goes without saying that when he is in mist form, he is like a sentient floating cloud, which means that he can also move fairly quickly. but of course, while that all sounds quite magical and whatnot, he still is getting used to not having a body when he is the mist, and the pain that he is in while shifting still scares him.

Good morning everyone! How are we doing?

Does your character play an instrument? Can they sing?

Edit: I'm sorry if I didn't make it clear, but your writing sample can be a recent one, you don't have to write out a new post/sample. But I do need an example of your writing <3

Good morning everyone! How are we doing?

Does your character play an instrument? Can they sing?

Edit: I'm sorry if I didn't make it clear, but your writing sample can be a recent one, you don't have to write out a new post/sample. But I do need an example of your writing <3
Sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back