• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy feuding kingdom - out of character thread-

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Reiia silver

Queen of romance!
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
fced7604b945495b18a5b0410437c327.jpg
This is the official out of character thread for the group RP feuding kingdom
first order of business: I'm going to randomly pair off the couples and I'm not sure exactly how I should go about doing that…
If anyone has an idea about how I should do that, let me know....
Here is access to the interest check, in case people want a quick way to get there
Interest check

Last edited:
Reiia silver Reiia silver

You can use a random name/number generator?
Assign each role a number, and generate pairs of numbers from 1-16.

Wondering if people playing roles in the eastern kingdom have ideas about the relationship between princes/princesses?
Excited to be roleplaying with you all!

Vesuvius Vesuvius that's actually a very good idea and probably what I'm going to do. I'd like for it to be random so that we feel like it's fair, plus it'll be fun to see who ends up with who. /Goes off to a number the characters

I've always used random.org, though i'm assuming pairs will be male/female?

If so, it might be easier to use their sequence generator here (RANDOM.ORG - Sequence Generator). Assign numbers 1-8 to female, then generate a random sequence for those. then assign numbers 8-16 to males, and generate random sequence for those too.

Although you might still end up with same kingdom pairings if you do it this way?

Reiia silver Reiia silver if all else fails, I guess we can have all the characters interact a bit and choose ourselves? just an idea though.
Vesuvius Vesuvius i hope you're ok with big bro Reon lol;; i'm open to anything you have in mind!

While I get the appeal, I guess half of the fun is this "arranged marriage" thing, having to cope with somthing not of your doing.

suzu suzu
Ooh yes Reon sounds awesome! He sounds like he'd be a great big brother, and someone Tobias could look up to a lil? although he'd be so annoyed at Reon's bluntness.

I've written a small blurb for Tobias' history already which doesn't have much to do with any other character so i thought it would be fine, but if you have any ideas for their shared history i'd be open to hearing them all!

I'd think that randomised partners would be more interesting, although having it so that all kingdoms must be have one relationship to all other kingdoms would be nice? Might be kinda hard to arrange though.

Lady Annette is also open for history/relationship stuff!

yeah i do understand where everyone is coming from, i'm just a bit worried we'll get some bad synergy couples if we leave it all to chance. But if everyone is ok with it, I'll be fine too.

Vesuvius Vesuvius i do have some ideas! i'll list them here in case other eastern people want to see and contribute?

- Reon is a good big bro in theory but in practice, he sucks. He loves training. like a lot. he has really good endurance and he's tunnel-visioned so he doesn't pay his siblings much attention. He's also never around. maybe that's why Tobias has to step up and be the mother sibling? it's not that he doesn't care though, he thinks he can get stronger for them and protect them, but he always forgets about the emotional aspect of things.
- Reon is straightforward and quite trusting so it maybe Tobias can look out for him a bit? like watching for manipulation and stuff? also since Tobias is a mother hen i thought it might be cute for him to like visit his big bro when its super late to find him sleeping so he'll put a blanket on him idk asdfg

obviously feel free to tell me if these things don't work for you!

yeah i do understand where everyone is coming from, i'm just a bit worried we'll get some bad synergy couples if we leave it all to chance. But if everyone is ok with it, I'll be fine too.

Vesuvius Vesuvius i do have some ideas! i'll list them here in case other eastern people want to see and contribute?

- Reon is a good big bro in theory but in practice, he sucks. He loves training. like a lot. he has really good endurance and he's tunnel-visioned so he doesn't pay his siblings much attention. He's also never around. maybe that's why Tobias has to step up and be the mother sibling? it's not that he doesn't care though, he thinks he can get stronger for them and protect them, but he always forgets about the emotional aspect of things.
- Reon is straightforward and quite trusting so it maybe Tobias can look out for him a bit? like watching for manipulation and stuff? also since Tobias is a mother hen i thought it might be cute for him to like visit his big bro when its super late and he'll be sleeping so he'll put a blanket on him idk asdfg

obviously feel free to tell me if these things don't work for you!
That’s what I worry too, but l dunno.

The thing I'm worried about if we let people decide who ends up with who, is if two people want to be with one person and making somebody else feel bad about their character… It's what I've experienced in the past, but if you guys can help me come up with an idea that makes everybody happy then I'm all for that! I'm going to keep the interest check up, we need some knights and more workers around the kingdoms. The Queen of the middle Kingdom is a non-playable character, that is basically who I will use when it comes to making announcements that we all decide on. I'm sorry I haven't made the in character thread, I'm trying to decide how I want to create it, I'm hoping somebody might be able to help me with maybe making coding for certain announcements and I'm trying to make a calendar so that we know what day is what. Also just so everybody knows, the workers of the kingdom are also able to romance one another, they just cannot end up with anyone that is a royalty. I'm sorry I have not been as active as I probably should be, but I'm trying to correct that… Don't be afraid to message me or tag me if you need something… I'm looking forward to role-playing with everyone, I'm very excited about this and I'm very grateful to those of you who have shown interest!

Another thing I would like people to take notice of, is the royalties are not going to want to be in the arrangement and chances are they are going to be fairly upset about it. It's part of the drama, eventually they will fall in love and do what they need to in order to bring peace. I've also been wondering if maybe there is a greater danger than just the feuding, something that brings them together. Maybe it's a mage or something that was kicked out and rejected by all of the kingdoms. There is a lot we can expand on as we go, so please keep that in mind

Also I'm sorry I keep adding things, but if anybody would like to take extra roles on workers around the kingdom, go right ahead… They are available to whoever would like to take them and we can add position as we go along. I'm also thinking we can add peasant positions, for those who don't want to be working in the castle and kind of want to do other things. Have fun, I'm all about people practicing creativity and trying out things, let's all have fun

Elekta Kount Elekta Kount at your request, I'm going to make a lore page as I think it is probably very important and if we decide on a bigger threat to the kingdoms then one another, then we will definitely. Have to do that… Again I don't know if I'll get it done today, but I'm trying to get things done, but I'd like them to look nice

The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof that also would be an accurate feeling though, there's probably others who would feel the same way. I'm still not sure how Mina would feel about it at this point... (Plus the fact I'm still trying to decide a lot of factors for my character)

suzu suzu hmm i love both ideas! i like the concept of having tobias to just watch out for his brother/all siblings and catch anything someone might have missed and just complementing each other's roles?

But of course we should wait for the rest of the eastern players to decide ~

If you need some coding stuff or just general plot stuff maybe i could help? or you could head over to the BBCode Center and check out if anyone has codes you'd like? Don't worry about prettying things up! Its functionality that counts, especially mobile-compatibilty.

Reiia silver Reiia silver , is it alright if a character acts benign towards the arranged marriage? As in, they are far from pleased to marrying a stranger but do not dare to voice it, as they have come to accept this injustice that is their fate by now?

RANGYOKU RANGYOKU of course! I think that's another reasonable way to feel...

Elekta Kount Elekta Kount I have thought about that, but it would kind of defeat the purpose of having all the kingdoms marrying one another in order to keep things balanced and fair… But I think for now we are just going to let each other decide who is arranged to who, just keep it fair and we'll see how it goes!

Vesuvius Vesuvius I might do that, but somebody else has offered to help too so I think will manage and be able to make something nice! Thank you for the suggestion though, any help you are willing to give also will be greatly appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back