• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Festival of Maglif (SOD Adventure)

scorpiodragon

Five Thousand Club
This is for people in Shards of Destiny.

MiraAutumn MiraAutumn Kipsy Kipsy Yomojo Yomojo DJ UwU DJ UwU ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi

Q: What is the Festival of Maglif?
A: The Festival of Maglif is a week long holiday on Turtle Island off of Alondale which takes place the first week of Flower Moon. During this festival, blood is not allowed to be spilled nor lives taken as ordained by the Mother of All, Lady Nitrix. Those who kill will find themselves executed upon conclusion of the festival at sundown, on the eighth day. Visitors tend to be housed within Rutherglen or the Sanctuary.

Q. What does Maglif stand for?
A: Magical Life (pretty much celebrates magic and life).

Customs:

• Magicians from all over are invited to show off their magical abilities.​
  • Offerings are given to Calius and Nitrix along with regional pantheons.​
  • The first day is used for meditation and sobriety as well as soul searching. It is known as the Day of Reflection. On this day, one fasts from sunrise to sunrise of the second day. It is said the Gods and Goddesses of all pantheons, hear one’s hopes, dreams and prayers. The Day of Reflection is meant to be a chance to see who they are, where they have been in the past and where they will go in the future.​
  • Many go into a trance during this time where they observe nothing but their inner thoughts and many come out of this trance totally changed in personality and lifestyle.
  • On the fifth day, the Day of Vigil, is one homage is paid to those who have gone before and the rebirth of life each Haru. Lanterns and candles are set into sea and air to guide those souls on the Resolution Journey (the journey to the afterlife). One may then choose to take part in Valor or the Night Watchers where they stand guard solemnly or accompany the lights a quarter of the way to Souldes. On the evening of the Day of Vigil, it is said mysterious events occur that can lead to insanity and disappearances. The shadows seem thicker and more menacing and the heavenly lights go out.​
  • On the seventh day, the Day of Repose, it is a day for one may seek passage to the Temple of Heaven where one can rest within tranquility and seek advice from healers and priests. It is, in general, a day of relaxation and from noon to moonhigh, weddings and feasts tend to occur.​
Turtle Island:

76D14935-97D1-40E2-B9A6-9FA59042E3C3.jpeg

The town of Rutherglen:
rutherglen.jpg

Last edited:
Season: Haru
Moon: Flower Moon
Day & Year: Primeval, Year of the Buffalo
Weather: Winds from the South at 7-10 knots per hour, storm advisory in effect for late evening.
Wind: Gentle Breeze (3 on pre-Beaufort Scale-1704)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________​

Damascus Elwynn & Felicia Bast

Flower Moon, the third moon within Haru. Five decades ago, Turtle Island was a barren place with nary a soul upon it. The island, resembling a sea turtle, was a forgotten island off the coast of Alondale, far into the Wailwind Ocean that it couldn't even be seen from the mainland. An odd mixture of convicts, runaway slaves and soldiers captured in wars past had stolen a ship and set sail for someplace safe, finding Turtle Island and settling within a community on the Northeastern part of the island. They had called it Souldawn but soon discovered that, though they were safe from slavery, the island was surrounded by Kraken, Hydra, aquatic dragons, sea serpents and Leviathan. Though the Sea Serpents and aquatic dragons were the monsters to dredge close to the land, they soon discovered Drake roamed in packs on land not everything was as safe as it appeared for it was a wild land, untamed and unconquered. But that, my friends, is another story that may or may not be told. For now, we begin with the year's Festival of Maglif and join our ragtag band of heroes as they arrive on a ship from Alondale that is heading past Turtle Island for trade with Mosun.

It was sun high or noon, the brightest part of the day and Damascus stood upon the deck, hands resting upon the rail as he gazed out over Wailwind Ocean towards the northern coastline, the faint shimmer of scales underneath the deep blue waters visible as a sea serpent surfaced and then dove once more under the water, pursuing some unknown quarry. Possibly a Secasel or a Yeveris by the fast pace the sea serpent was going. Damascus was grateful it had no interest in the ship he was traveling on with this ragtag group of adventurers. The Sanaedhel did not think he could fight off a sea monster. Then again, it could be another creature it was hunting for there were selkies, mermaids and sirens within the oceans, sea drakes and sea wyverns or even a hippocampus. Whatever it was, well it was unimportant for they were forced to head along the western coastline and then around to the southern coastline where they might have a chance of docking at Augrea, the only port city upon Turtle Island. Basking on the bridge of the ship was Felicia in feline form, a lioness with tawny fur and some stripes on her body that had yet to fade. Ever since she had gotten on the ship she had been snappy and irritable. However, she had taken to basking in the sun whenever possible which made things slightly easier for everyone else on board who might otherwise want to cage the werecat just get about their duties without risk of tripping over the werecat or being startled by its glowing eyes at night. Werecats were not made to roam about on ships or startle sailors half to death.

As they sailed down the western coast, the sea serpents seemed to fade, only to be replaced by high cliffs and a town could be seen upon one of the cliffs, moss and grass otherwise lining them with brush in neatly manicured rows. Damascus could see a waterfall trailing down the southwestern cliff face and wondered if it were fresh water. The sky was clear with not a cloud in the sky nor a hint of rain within the air. The winds were calm and blowing from the south so the ship sailed into the wind, sails billowing and flapping within the breeze that was refreshing. The coast was long and treacherous, the ship unable to sail close to it but in the distance there appeared to be palm trees and sandy beaches. Was this island a resort?

Ayren & Aucren

The orphan sisters had been on boats enough times before, far-traveled as they were despite their relative youth. Neither would call themselves sailors, in fact Aucren still felt just slightly nauseous while out on the open sea, but travel by ship could no longer be considered novel anymore. As a result, Ayren had started sizing up the sailors and other passengers almost as soon as they had set off. As shitty as it had been when her sister used to get it more severely, seasickness did have one advantage, at least in her eyes: those suffering from it tended to pay less attention to their coin purses. This particular journey was on the longer side, however, and stealing from someone early into the voyage might result in a less pleasant rest of the voyage if the victim noticed before they landed. As such, she merely wandered around the ship making mental notes on easy and profitable targets for the first while. The middle of the trip was spent playing games of chance with whoever was interested (no need to cheat at those, that ruins the fun). Unfortunately, by the time shore had been spotted, some of those who had suffered from seasickness seemed to have recovered somewhat, and Aucren stopped her from going after one of the ones still suffering, pointing out that they were with more observant company by this point.

Slightly frustrated, Ayren figured that since there'd be plenty of opportunities to make money later, she might as well head to the deck and enjoy the view as they arrived. Eye first caught by the lounging werecat, she quickly decides that the Sanaedhel would probably be better company. If only slightly.

"Hello Damascus. Enjoying the view? I've heard plenty about Turtle Island, and this festival we're going to, but this will be our first time actually going. Have you been before? Any insider information to share?" the half-elf converses lightly, leaning up against the railing beside the half-vampire. Her half-orc sister comes up to the railing beside her, but after looking down at the water mutters out a "Actually, I'm just going to... be over there." before turning from the two and taking a seat near the lounging werecat, figuring people would leave her somewhat alone by proxy. Ayren looks back in concern, but a dismissive wave from Aucren convinces her that the half-orc will be fine. "Sorry about her. I thought she was over her sea-sickness, but I guess it's acting up again." she explains to her Sanaedhel companion. Eyes caught by the disappearing scales of the sea serpent, she adds "Oh. Might've been because of that sea monster, actually. Can't say I blame her, those things are unsettling.", an involuntary shiver running down her spine at the thought.

Damascus Elwyn

Damascus turned as Ayren approached him and stood at his side, asking him if he knew anything about Turtle Island or the festival they were going to see. In the Sanedhel's mind, it was a deserved break and they would have time to recover for a short while, plus it was held every year and one of the few holidays where he didn't have to worry about being harmed or killed because of what he was. On the other hand, as he glanced to his side, he could see that Aucren had shown up as well though she looked ill at ease as she peered over the side and then went to sit beside Felicia. As she tried to apologize, he waved it off. She didn't need to apologize to him. "My grandfather said it was originally a refuge for convicts and slaves," said Damascus. "I was at the Festival once as a babe and once as a child. I haven't been back otherwise but it's the only time I know I am safe from harm...even my vampire family cannot hurt or harm me on this festival so I and mother always looked forward to it."

Felicia Bast
As Aucen came to sit beside her, people did indeed avoid the half-orc who seemed a bit sick. The feline turned her gaze upon the half-orc as she sat down before yawning and laid her head down on her paws, tail swishing to and fro behind her body, nearly causing one of the sailors to trip and mutter about felines that should be locked up in a cage. It resulted in a warning growl from Felicia, causing the sailor to back away and avoid the cat. She could not communicate in this form but she could communicate with the cat that belonged to the orc companion. The sun seemed to shine on her fur, warming her and causing her to be a bit lazy as she lay far away from the railing so as not to get wet. Felicia had never been to Turtle Island or the Festival of Maglif. Her parents didn't see it as an important holiday since they could not hunt and werecats had their own pantheon.

Yomojo Yomojo

Ori was using a bit of twine to play with pin while on the deck. The small olw griffin pounced around attempting to catch the twine. Ori laughed to himself as he sat cross legged on the ground. While he wasn't opposed to sailing it seemed like a hassle when he could have just flown with Pin. "How much longer till we get to the island?" Ori called out to no one in particular. He was hoping to find some new research material while on the island for him to record.

"We'll be there in a bit assuming no monsters of the deep decide to make a meal of us," called a sailor upon hearing the Orc's question of how long they would be on the ship. "Lest ye desire to get in a rowboat and row your way to the beach leading up to Serpent Inn," he continued. These cliffs to their west were known as the Berkshire Cliffs, very steep and very slippery when waves crashed against them. They weren't the only danger, underneath were underwater rocks concealed beneath the surface though some jutted out like silent sentinels, doomed to destroy any ship that tried to sail too close. "Best be sure ye have your bags all packed when you're being loaded off. We won't be turning around for nobody that forgets anything."

Soon the city of Augurea appeared before them and the ship slowed its progression as it docked at one of the docks. This being the only way on or off the island, Lorasil's Graveyard to the northeast of the island being a stark reminder not to try getting off from there, it was a hubbub of activity, especially with the Festival of Maglif starting. On the docks, humans and elves worked caught the planks that were tossed down and aligned them so passengers could disembark and caught the lines to tie the ship to the docks while it was unloading. Some stood by to get supplies loaded off of the ship, not a lot but some to sustain the five settlements on the island. Once one got off the ship, Felicia rising and grabbing her bag in her jaws before heading to the edge of the ship and jumping over the railing onto the docks below, causing workers to rush out of the way of the leaping feline, hills rising in the distance could be seen outside of the town.

Damascus watched as the ship stood at port, his bag slung over a shoulder as he watched them sail into port and seeing other ships docked or beginning to pull into the harbor to drop off passengers or get supplies loaded. "It seems we are here," said Damascus, the sound of rushing paws and then a body leaping over the railing to land on the docks below attracting him to Felicia showing off. "I suppose we should go. Your kindred should be pleased to be off the ship and on dry land."

Damascus turned and headed for the gangplank that was safely secured, another gangplank showing dock workers bringing up sacks of cornmeal and flour as well as some barrels of water and textile goods such as blankets and cloaks. He turned and made his way towards the gangplank but had to wait for some other passengers to get off the vessel beforehand. Standing at one end of the dock the ship was at stood a figure with gray hair, their back turned towards the people who moved and began heading off into the town. "Where are we staying?" he called to a passing sailor.

"Those on this ship will be staying within the Orc town, Rutherglen," said the sailor. He nodded towards the stranger standing silently at the end of the pier. "He will take you to them. It's a trick journey through the marsh but he can guide you on safe paths."

Mentioned: ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi Yomojo Yomojo

Ayren listens to Damascus' story of the festival, feeling some sympathy for the fellow mixed breed. "Discrimination can be pretty rough, I would know. Not that I ever had it as bad as you, I can safely say my family never tried to kill me. Well, not that I would know, I suppose. There's an interesting question: what's worse? A family that seeks to harm you, or no family at all?" she muses, the joking tone in her voice belying her intentions at comforting the Sanaedhel, in her own darkly humorous way.

Aucren grumbles at the sailor's response to her shifter companion. She stands up and heads to the place she and her sister stashed their stuff for the journey. Ayren's sticky finger tenancies resulted in the two being more careful about their own belongings, knowing first hand how easy it was to have possessions nicked off of your person. Coming back to the railing where her sister was still talking with Damascus, Aucren catches the tail-end of their conversation. "It's not the ship that makes me uneasy. It's the unseen dangers that lurk below these deep waters." she informs the Sanaedhel, tossing Ayren her bag. "Come now, how many times must this ship have made this voyage? If getting eaten up by giant sea monsters was a regular occurrence, I don't think they'd still be doing it." Ayren informs her sister, who simply responds with a dismissive "I know. That's what I kept telling myself." before turning to join the lineup waiting to walk down the gangplank.

After disembarking, the sisters take a moment to simply stand on the docks and look around, observing the other ships and their passengers. Another strange and interesting land their adventurous spirit had led them to. This one seemed potentially nicer than most, likely due to the pre-festive atmosphere humming around them. Upon hearing of the road ahead of them, Ayren chuckles and turns to address Damascus again. "Journey through a marsh? Well, so much for "dry" land, I suppose. It seems that even going on vacation does not exempt us from enduring hardships. Ah well, such is the life of an adventurer." Ayren remarks lightly, moving off to greet their supposed guide. Aucren snaps to, attention shifting from the new sights and sounds of this Turtle Island to the departure of her sister. She still wasn't sure how she felt about orc settlements in general, but figured most places would be at the very least welcoming during the festival of Maglif.

scorpiodragon scorpiodragon ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi

Ori rolled his eyes at the sailors response. With a defeated sigh he turned his attention back Pin who took to running all over the deck to peer over the edges. Before she could even think about jumping over he ran over and scooped her into her arms whilts she wriggled around. Honestly, an ocean beast would have been a cool sight.
Soon enough his boredom was cured as they reached the dock. He quickly threw his sachel over his shoulder and jumped off the ship and onto the dock. He plopped down Pin who bounded playfully toward the other, pouncing on the back of Aucren's feet. Ori followed close behind. "Well im not a big boat person either, if that helps." He chimed in, nudging her in an attempt to be empathetic and comforting.

Ghash Orag

After releasing yesterday's (or was it today's?) contents from his stomach, Ghash slowly realized that the ship had stopped, and lifting his head a little, he saw that the group was already disembarking, with Cat following closely behind, getting desperate as she looked for someone to carry her, or some shoulder she could rest on, the orc started lifting his almost limp body from the railing, breathing for air as if he had run a race, the last few days had been a nightmare, since this was the first time he ever boarded a ship, seasickness hit him. Hard. After all, he spent most, if not all of his life on the safety of the land. Once he was able to stand up, struggling to stay on his feet, he started walking towards the docks, where he'd finally be free from this hell. "Come on Ghash, you--" Started saying to himself, yet couldn't finish, as he held a hand up against his mouth, as he felt the seasickness acting once again. Resisting the urges, he made his way through until he reached the docks, once he felt that the swaying had stopped, and the floor was firm, his right knee dropped to the ground, holding himself up by pushing with his left hand on his other knee, between breaths he said "If we ever do this again, I'll stay wherever we dock..." He said to whoever heard him, his accent still rough on consonants, and his voice as heavy as always. It seemed he had missed the earlier conversation, but to him it didn't matter, he was just glad it was over.

scorpiodragon scorpiodragon Yomojo Yomojo ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi

Dasmascus Elwynn

Damascus turned his head to look at Ayren as she spoke about not having any family and wondering what was worse, having a family that hated you or no family at all. She spoke further of her family not trying to kill her, that she knew of, since they were unknown to her. Damascus wasn't sure how to feel about that and didn't know what to say to make the girl feel better. "That's unfortunate but you have someone....Aucren," spoke Damascus finally. Aucen came over and spoke of being more worried about the sea monsters then seasickness to which Ayren responded concerning the ships must have made this trip a lot before and they had not been attacked. As the ship docked, Aucren would leave to retrieve their bags while Damascus stared out at the waters drifting into Wailwind Ocean. For some time he stood there, not saying anything or even moving, before heading to the gangplank and walking down it with the others who might be disembarking. Ayren turned to him for a moment and spoke of going through a marsh and it being dangerous. "Marsh walking is only dangerous if you step off the path and get bogged down or happen upon some quicksand," said Damascus. "Or you wander off in the fog and get lost for eternity." It was something his grandfather had said to him, speaking of the Lost Ones Valley. Damascus tried not to think of it.

As Ghash got sick and then spoke of staying on land wherever they were docked next if they had to go on the ocean and do some water traveling, the Sanedhel turned to him. Ghash didn't seem so bad for an orc and the Sanedhel was growing to appreciate the brute's strength and intimidating figure, even if Ghash didn't intend to be viewed that way. "You may miss out on any adventures and money but there may be something to do wherever we are docked at," said Damascus.
The guide turned as he heard footsteps behind him and turned to see a half-elf standing behind him. "Nzvar! Nzvar yazmom vu Gaz Ig!" The greeting in Orcish flowed fluently from the guide's mouth as a green face with gold eyes stared at the half-elf, scraggly white hair hanging limply from his otherwise bald head. "Welcome! Welcome visitor to Turtle Island," said the guide in the common tongue. "I am Smogulg at your service." Smogulg bowed to the half-elf and then straightened to look at the other disembarking people from the ship before raising his voice. "If everyone from the Flying Nest will come this way and have ye luggage with ye, we'll begin our journey through the marsh to Rutherglen."

Yomojo Yomojo DJ UwU DJ UwU Mentioned: Kipsy Kipsy , MiraAutumn MiraAutumn ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi

The friendly tone of the guide's voice re-assuring Aucren that her sister hadn't been foolish in approaching him, she lets her attention wander back to the crowds of people around her. The unsteady steps of Ghash catch her ear, and she looks over to see him kneeling down on the dock, gasping for breath. Compassionate expression coming across her face, she moves to stand beside her full-blooded companion. "Don't worry, if my experiences are any indication, it gets better. I can give you some tips for the ride off the island at the end of the week, if you want." she re-assures the kneeling Ghash, part of her wanting to put a hand on his shoulder or offer it in assistance with getting up, but a slightly larger part of her still somewhat intimidated by him.

Ayren starts slightly, caught somewhat off-guard by their orcish guide's upbeat demeanor. She had met enough orcs to know that they were just as capable of hospitality as any others, but in her experience they tended more towards the gruff end of the hospitality scale. Maybe orcs on Turtle Island are a bit different she muses, remembering when Damascus had described the place as having originally been a refuge for convicts and slaves. Shared hardship like that could have bred a certain friendliness, I suppose.

Walking up the rest of the way to their guide, Ayren gives a small bow in return before introducing herself. "Nice to meet you Smogulg, my name is Ayren. You seem rather used to greeting visitors, have you been guide for the Festival of Maglif before?" the half-elf asks, more trying to get a better sense of their guide's personality than actually interested in the answer.

scorpiodragon scorpiodragon DJ UwU DJ UwU ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi

Smogulg graced Ayren with a toothy smile as she replied in mind. Even with the elder orc’s kind greeting, most were still wary of their kind. Then there were the hunters that showed up sometimes, seeking to take the orbs for the mines on the continents or as soldiers in their front lines. Some oddly welcomed it since fighting was in an orc’s nature. Still this little half-elf did not seem like much of a slave trader. Smogulg idly shook his head as paper began making their way towards his direction, noticing a werelioness making its way towards them. “Around five years today actually, ever since I was disposed of power,” said Smogulg. He shrugged, appearing disinclined to speak of that. “Still, ‘‘tis naught a bad life. Ye see all kinds o’folks pass through here on the Festival.”

Turning his attention towards the group of travelers whom were looking around, he spoke to the group, some whom seemed uncertain of their guide. Not everyone was welcoming. “We will pass through Augurea before taking a path through the western gate before heading into the marsh. I advise ye to stick close and not go off the paths. A thunder of drakes lives in the marsh.”

“What are drakes?” piped up a child.

“Intelligent land dragons, related to wyrms, wyverns, sea drakes and dragons that hunt in packs of six to twelve members.”

D1D4608D-72E6-4B3E-BD21-F7D2BDBA65DD.jpeg

MiraAutumn MiraAutumn Kipsy Kipsy DJ UwU DJ UwU ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi Yomojo Yomojo

Ori, seeing Gash's walked over. "You need some help buddy?" He asked, offering an arm to help the orc. He offered a week smile to his companion who obviously needed a bit of help. "Oh, and here's some water. You should probably drink some." He pulled a hide flask out of his sachel to hand to Gash. Meanwhile Pin continued to wander around the deck till she noticed Ori had walked toward Gash. She happily trotted over to him, then spotting Gash's cat she ran over. Stopping just before the cat, lowering her front in an attempt to coaks Cat to play with her.

"Yeah, that's true..." Ghash said after listening to the Sanaedhel, "I just hope it was worth the trouble." He continued, as he took a deep breath, and accepted the helping hand, mostly as an act of acceptance, because he lifted himself on his own. Once standing, looking above the others, due to him being taller, he took the flask that was offered and drank a bit. "Thanks," he said while cleaning the flask before giving it back. "and I'd really appreciate those tips." glancing over at the half-orc, although worried, since these were tips and not a permanent help, but still, ye was grateful.

"Anyway, what happens now?" he asked since he hadn't been listening to their conversation, all the while fixing the greatsword on his back with the straps of its scabbard.

Meanwhile, Cat, who had given up on someone carrying her, noticed the griffin close to her, and almost immediately understood. Taking a few steps back and lowering her body, she pounced with all her might towards the other companion, she had no intention to lose, whatever it was they were doing.

scorpiodragon scorpiodragon ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi Yomojo Yomojo

Damascus Elwynn

"Looks like we are going through Augurea,"
said Damascus, "and then westward to Rutherglen through a marsh," he finished once asked what was going on after Ghash had gotten to the up and taken the offered the flask from Ori. Staring at Felicia, the Sanedhel scowled at the werecat and walked over, grabbing her bag from her teeth and took it as well, annoyance visible across the hybrid's face. Their guide, after answering the little girl's question began to guide them from the docks and towards the port itself. Felicia followed after Damascus as the group began to head towards Augurea, going slowly due to the few children within the group who would be making the trip.

Kipsy Kipsy ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi Yomojo Yomojo DJ UwU DJ UwU

Hearing of the drake, Ayren turns back to her companions with a mischievous look on her face. "I know we're supposed to be here to enjoy the festival, but I wonder if the "no killing" rule applies to thunder drakes? I'm sure we could find someone to pay us a good sum for killing it, if it's assaulting anyone who wanders off the path." she offers, sly grin belying the less-than-serious nature of her musings.

Aucren sighs, shaking her head as she responds before anyone else can get any dumb ideas. "No. No danger. Not this week. We've been in plenty of danger before, and we'll be in plenty of danger sometime again, I'm sure. Not this time, Ay." comes the blunt retort, shooting Ayren a dirty look.

"Fine, fine. We'll stick to the path. But maybe after the festival..." Ayren teases, looking directly at her sister and letting out a sharp laugh at the deepening scowl the comment elicits "Kidding! Kidding. Besides, you'd probably kill me before the drake even got the chance." she offers with a wink, her half-orc sister simply shaking her head and rolling her eyes at the half-apology.

Their guide didn't say anything to the question of killing any drakes, quite a few people thought that they should die but they did have a right to defend their territory, even if losing people was bad for the settlements on Turtle Island. As they walked along the docks, there were workers at cranes loading heavy items onto ships and they soon passed a tavern with a sign hanging above Ship's Way, the only road leading through the docks called Slither Tavern. It was located within Lorasil's Slums, a place where Cherry Brothel, the poor and sailors tended to live. Lorasil's Slums was only one of two places walled in, the other being Blessed Quarter where the rich among Augurea tended to live. They would not be going to the Blessed Quarter but taking Vamdes Road past a statue of the dragon that, so the people of Turtle Island believed, had led them safely to the once barren island. But none were here for the stories of the past, they wished for the festival to begin and it would, on the morrow. As the group headed on Ship's Way, they would pass both the Tannery and Augurea Stables. The entire city was quite festive, shell and holly garlands being strung above homes.

Damascus could see Augurea had grown considerably since he was last here as a child. When he'd been a child, there had only been the slums and only a few houses in Nitrix Quarter. Beside him walked Felicia who made displeasing noises at the children moving about within the street and the smells of ships bringing fish into the port as they walked. "Why are we not taking that road that went past the tannery?" he called to their guide.

"It is tradition to show people Augurea in hopes they will come back to stay," said Smogulg. "That road is Bone Way and turns to Marsh Path though it passes two guard houses that keep the poor within Lorasil Slums at night and help protect the city."

aug ti.jpg

Kipsy Kipsy , DJ UwU DJ UwU ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi Yomojo Yomojo

Last edited:
(OOC: Skipping us then.)

Damascus Elwynn & Felicia Bast

Walking along Ship’s Way, the port and dock workers along with other passengers presented a crowded environment as the group followed their guide. In the distance, they might see the farmlands that were on the other side of a river, walled in of course to protect the farmhands and fields from potentially rising seawaters. Turning left onto Vamdes Road, their guide spoke about Augurea Orphanage being haunted by the souls of children lost in a fire and then took them along the road named for the Father of All, Lord Vamdes. They passed the town square where there was a statue of a dragon, a few inhabitants sitting in some benches. “Why is there a dragon statue there?” Damascus questioned.

“That’s Morvern. He brought the ships containing the exiles, soldiers who were former prisoners, spaces and convicts to Turtle Island. Sea Serpents do not mess with sky dragons,” spoke their guide. “People from the settlements come here to give thanks to him for protecting the early people.” Continuing after a few minutes they took a left on Vutrix Way and then cut down a path through the pastures of Bone Wolf Livery to Marsh Path, horses grazing in the pastures around them.

“We will be exiting through one of the gates,” said Smogulg. “There’s three and the city is walled in for protection, same with Zen in the east. O’course, Zen is at the edge of Algamau Mire...” The walls were of stone, Smogulg speaking to one of the guards standing on a watchtower. The guard called to another atop the battlement and they ducked inside to begin opening the gates. The group clustered together, parents holding their children close, as they then left the city.

The ground before them changed as they left the city, turning from solid earth to wet and humid marshlands with twisted trees and boggy areas. Looking at a map of Turtle Island, the marsh wouldn’t seem that big, however it was in fact huge. They passed the foot of the Hills of Evenstar and then they reached the marsh. Felicia’s face twisted into disgust as the smell hit her. This stinks, she thought to herself. Even Damascus couldn’t help gagging at the smell, Smogulg apparently used to it. Heading through the marsh, the men of the group put their children and wives within the middle, forming a protective barrier around their group with the men on the outside.

For the most part, the trip was relatively well. There was heard the sounds of scurrying creatures and animal cries, the flapping of wings and footsteps further within the marsh, occasionally glowing eyes and Felicia thought she caught a glimpse of something within the trees staring at them, however when she blinked and looked again the creature-if it in fact was a creature-was gone. Hissing and flattening her ears, she hurried along the path, bumping into Smogulg who turned to look at the lioness. “Don’t mind the creatures of the marsh Bast. They won’t normally take on something that can fight back.” That was not reassuring to the werecat as she rumbled in answer, sticking close the rest of the journey. It was Zenith by the time they got to Rutherglen Fields, the ground again changing to solid earth, the area before them being replaced by countryside and farm fields with paths through them.

People were not working today in the fields, instead they were, like the rest of the island inhabitants, enjoying the day before the festival. As the group proceeded their way towards the fields, Felicia suddenly stopped and turned, growling. Her hackles rose as the creature that she had glimpsed appeared. It looked like a dragon but it stood on two legs and had no wings. Covered in gold scales with a pink fin down its neck with a tan frill which rose as they watched, and large tail with two small fins on either side.

Amber eyes stared at the group of people, Damascus turning and much of the group started running. It let out a scream and soon took off after the running group, Felicia starting forward but the people within the fields were already rising to their feet and coming to the group’s defense. “Go to Rutherglen, we will handle this,” spoke Smogulg, Damascus and Felicia retreating as the others came to Smogulg’s side.

“The runner drake is back is it?”

“Appears to be,” spoke Smogulg, the orc falling into orcish as the workers stood and watched the Runner Drake, a stealthily creature that could run up to 25 km/h.

Damascus followed the group of people as they ran widely through the fields, towards Rutherglen. Entering the town, the group halted as guards came towards them, and the situation was explained. One gestured for the group to follow them while outside a couple of other runner drakes and two drakes appeared next to their comrade.

“Mixed thunder,” spoke one. “More possible.” Smogulg grunted in response.

“Do we help them?”

“Why is that creature after us?!”

Frightened voices rose and the orc who approached raised her hands. “Zavask! They handle drake. You come with or look town?”

Do you..

Go to Star Inn?

Explore Rutherglen?

Orc Word: Zavask is “Stop” ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi Yomojo Yomojo DJ UwU DJ UwU

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back