Other feeling like quiting...

Huntertabbysandshark3

The lord of randomness and the warp
I probably shouldn't be writing stuff here.. but... idk i need to vent and id like people to be able to see it.. today i feel like just quitting rpn... heck quitting rping entirely... my reasons is... weird... I guess? recently well day I was thrown out of an RP for my apparent poor grammar I spent such a long time writing the characters the RP ACTUALLY STARTED and then like by page two i thought i had become friends with everyone there... heck two out of three of the DM's liked my posts... and yet mid day... im given the hammer... with little notice... like they apparently said i needed to fix grammar once... now even after pleading to let me back.. i didn't, of course, i probably pissed them off. and i just lost all will to write, what's the point anymore?

whenever I'm in a good rp it dies within the first two pages, or I'm just ejected for my apparent poor grammar this was the worst one because they didn't even bother throwing me out early but waited and lead me along to think i actually became a part of the RP group then backstabbed me... so ... what's the point in writing? when a single misplaced comma could get my characters rejected... what's the point anymore when looking at this a RP starts to make me cry? i don't know any more... i feel like this is the straw that broke the camals back...

I probably shouldn't be writing stuff here.. but... idk i need to vent and id like people to be able to see it.. today i feel like just quitting rpn... heck quitting rping entirely... my reasons is... weird... I guess? recently well day I was thrown out of an RP for my apparent poor grammar I spent such a long time writing the characters the RP ACTUALLY STARTED and then like by page two i thought i had become friends with everyone there... heck two out of three of the DM's liked my posts... and yet mid day... im given the hammer... with little notice... like they apparently said i needed to fix grammar once... now even after pleading to let me back.. i didn't, of course, i probably pissed them off. and i just lost all will to write, what's the point anymore?

whenever I'm in a good rp it dies within the first two pages, or I'm just ejected for my apparent poor grammar this was the worst one because they didn't even bother throwing me out early but waited and lead me along to think i actually became a part of the RP group then backstabbed me... so ... what's the point in writing? when a single misplaced comma could get my characters rejected... what's the point anymore when looking at this a RP starts to make me cry? i don't know any more... i feel like this is the straw that broke the camals back...
Maybe you just werent playing with the right people? Tbh Im also guilty of not proofreading my posts sometimes but if I were to get kicked from a roleplay for that it would be their loss.

Some people are just more trigger happy about kicking their players. Doesnt mean they are right. Certainly doesnt mean you should feel bad for it.

I say stay and dont join with "professional writers" and writers and there just going to be grammer nstziez and spelling freaks just join with a more mellow crowd. Trust me if You drop your going to miss it.

Well, it's gonna be a bit hard responding to this without proper context, but I think what that batch needed was proper communication and communication medium.

Maybe you just werent playing with the right people? Tbh Im also guilty of not proofreading my posts sometimes but if I were to get kicked from a roleplay for that it would be their loss.

Some people are just more trigger happy about kicking their players. Doesnt mean they are right. Certainly doesnt mean you should feel bad for it.
I say stay and dont join with "professional writers" and writers and there just going to be grammer nstziez and spelling freaks just join with a more mellow crowd. Trust me if You drop your going to miss it.
Well, it's gonna be a bit hard responding to this without proper context, but I think what that batch needed was proper communication and communication medium.
ya see that the problem they didn't seem bad.... heck i spend upwards of 5 hours in VC with em laughing and having a good time.. this just came up out of nowhere the assumed friendship i had... was.. really want hurt more... just that backstab...

If you think it's sudden, why not try talking to one of 'em? If they lash at you, then find another group to RP with.

Find more loyal Rp partner or try getting a in real life friend to join this then you know they wouldn't up and leave bottom line find more trusty people.

:) thanks for you all being concerned for me... makes me feel alot better that even though i don't know any of you ya care enough to comment seriously... it means alot

I'm just gonna be real here without that odd censoring:
The guy that axed you seems like a grammar bitch. I'd just move on and ignore them.

I've been in around three - four roleplays with a guy with far worse grammar. Though it wasn't their fault, they just suffered technical difficulty. Despite me being able to read and understand what they wrote, despite some words being even skipped or letters interchanged, some in my community got "triggered" over it, but did nothing more but singular comments and we moved on.

We also have to take into account those that learned English. Obviously, even if they spell entire paragraphs right, and the English isn't broken, they may misplace a comma, period, etc. The uses of such would not instantly be known. Thus, making the situation more comedically pathetic for whomever rejects you for it.

I can understand why one would want to prefer grammar, but as long as it is understandable even without commas, for God's sake what the fuck is the problem then? But this is easy to solve. They should already have a disclaimer for that, which honestly on this site is bizarre when done. IE, some bloody genius decided to use "literate" to mean "Do these many lines, this type of way, with this amount of mistake-lacking". I absolutely detest the abominable reimagining of that damn word. It appears to unintentionally insult both the new writer, as well as those old with a fascination for meanings of those words.

Ultimately, it isn't your fault. Regardless of factor. It is their lack of decency to state it proper as a join criteria, and equally so the lack of one's understanding of what the definition behind literate and literacy is. But I suppose I can't blame them for their own failings entirely. That goes to whomever reinvented the wheel first for "literacy leveling".

I'm just gonna be real here without that odd censoring:
The guy that axed you seems like a grammar bitch. I'd just move on and ignore them.

I've been in around three - four roleplays with a guy with far worse grammar. Though it wasn't their fault, they just suffered technical difficulty. Despite me being able to read and understand what they wrote, despite some words being even skipped or letters interchanged, some in my community got "triggered" over it, but did nothing more but singular comments and we moved on.

We also have to take into account those that learned English. Obviously, even if they spell entire paragraphs right, and the English isn't broken, they may misplace a comma, period, etc. The uses of such would not instantly be known. Thus, making the situation more comedically pathetic for whomever rejects you for it.

I can understand why one would want to prefer grammar, but as long as it is understandable even without commas, for God's sake what the fuck is the problem then? But this is easy to solve. They should already have a disclaimer for that, which honestly on this site is bizarre when done. IE, some bloody genius decided to use "literate" to mean "Do these many lines, this type of way, with this amount of mistake-lacking". I absolutely detest the abominable reimagining of that damn word. It appears to unintentionally insult both the new writer, as well as those old with a fascination for meanings of those words.

Ultimately, it isn't your fault. Regardless of factor. It is their lack of decency to state it proper as a join criteria, and equally so the lack of one's understanding of what the definition behind literate and literacy is. But I suppose I can't blame them for their own failings entirely. That goes to whomever reinvented the wheel first for "literacy leveling".
I can whole heartedly agree with you

The way you word things is a little weird. I'm not sure if you're young or if English is your second language. I can see many very basic errors in your post above.

You need to cap. 'I' I counted 12 times you used lowercase i.

Next cap the first letter of every sentence. At a glance I saw at least 10 sentences you didn't start with a cap' letter.

Aside from those two major 'turn offs' or 'red flags' I don't see much issue with your writing.

The way you word things is a little weird. I'm not sure if you're young or if English is your second language. I can see many very basic errors in your post above.

You need to cap. 'I' I counted 12 times you used lowercase i.

Next cap the first letter of every sentence. At a glance I saw at least 10 sentences you didn't start with a cap' letter.

Aside from those two major 'turn offs' or 'red flags' I don't see much issue with your writing.
I see... guess caps pissed them off?

Don't quit over what some people think; if you enjoy something, if you are passionate, you damn well better do it - under the clause that you don't hurt anyone, which you certainly haven't.
I can't be sure of the precise details concerning your situation, but honestly, I don't think it really matters if you're a dunce, or if you write at the level of a modern-day Shakespeare. If you can identify where you went wrong, don't use that as an excuse to quit, and make yourself miserable, but rather, use it as a challenge to yourself, to rise above the expectations of your snobbish peers, and persevere in your passion.

People can be shitty. And what they did was pretty shitty, regardless of whether you knew the correct spelling of lieu or lieutenant. Try not to let it get you down too much, too often. There's some good people out there, who won't end up stabbing you in the back like that.

I do hope you manage to, and that you're still finding enjoyment in, this wonderful little niche.

Hey, don't get so easily discouraged. When I started RPing in English, I really felt worried about writing with native speakers, but I wanted to meet new roleplayers so badly because in my country the community isn't that great. I was lucky to find amazing roleplayers and no one ever told me anything about my writing.
At first, it was very hard for me to properly express my character or describe the environment. Hell, writing about a fighting scene was a huge challenge, so I felt really upset and thought of quitting. But I didn't. And the best part is that I found wonderful roleplayers, we've created amazing stories with my partners and I got better. Writing with people that know English helped me a lot with my writing. I got better and I'm happy that I didn't quit.
So, don't quit and you'll find someone to help you get better :)

Hi! I'm new here and although you probably are over this subject, I recommend using grammarly! It's a google program that checks grammar mistakes and it's free besides the prime membership they have. But, the situation as a whole, is very immature of them and I'm sorry that happened!

Hi! I'm new here and although you probably are over this subject, I recommend using grammarly! It's a google program that checks grammar mistakes and it's free besides the prime membership they have. But, the situation as a whole, is very immature of them and I'm sorry that happened!
I do use Grammarly though

Aside from quitting, you really have two options here.

1) find other people who are comfortable with your writing ability as it stands now or
2) improve your grammar and spelling.

I don't want this to come across harsh here, and it sucks that you were thrown out of RPs with no warning. As some friendly advice, this isn't about the odd misplaced comma or capital letter, you really could do with working on your English skills. Proper grammar and spelling helps to communicate the content of your writing. As it stands your posts are pretty hard to read. If you want to join as many RPs as you can, with fun people and settings you like, you will immensely improve your chances by doing a bit of homework. Spellchecker and grammarly are your friends but you could also do with a bit of active learning too, so that you have an understanding of it.

Good luck.

I'm not familiar with the rules of your RP where you got kicked from, but if I may speak out my opinion, I think that's pretty unfair. I personally think that grammar, while RPing, isn't that big of a deal. And right now, I can fairly understand what you wrote. Otherwise I wouldn't be replying here! Maybe you just met and played with the wrong people. That doesn't mean you should quit RPing though, especially if you enjoy it. Not everyone is like that, I know a few RPs that're nice and chill. If I may recommend one right now, it's a multi-fandom called "Perpetual Rift". I can assure you the RP's fun, and people are extremely nice. So, yeah... Don't quit just yet because of this discouragement. Unless you really want to.

I can assure you all that after some of your kind words iv decided not to quit thanks everyone for the support though we are all just random people on the internet it’s nice to know that we all care for one another at least in some capacity

Users who are viewing this thread

Back