Other Fears?

PanOtterPus

Chief of Panda Division
Roleplay Type(s)
So I'm currently watching American Horror Story - and I've been told I may not like this particular season due to my fear of clowns.

Got me thinking it could be fun to share any fears (rational or irrational) we might have.

<insert mario voice here> HERE WE GO!

1. Clowns - except Tim Curry as Pennywise
2. Spiders - just can't.
3. Heights - ugh.

I MUST NOT FEAR. FEAR IS THE MIND-KILLER. IT IS THE LITTLE DEATH THAT BRINGS TOTAL OBLITERATION. I WILL FACE MY FEAR AND PERMIT TO PASS OVER AND THROUGH ME, AND WHEN IT HAS PASSED I WILL TURN THE INNER EYE AND SEE ITS PATH. WHERE THE FEAR HAS GONE THERE WILL BE NOTHING, ONLY I WILL REMAIN.

actually, it's drowning

Wasps and imitators- I absolutely positively can't stand these. They exist solely to cause death and misery upon the world. I also can't stand their wing beating noise. Eugh.
Murky Water- I DREAD murky water, especially if I'm either swimming in it or in a kayak/canoe.
I also have this fear that ties into the above, that if I'm swimming a snapping turtle will mistake my toes as worms and tear one of them off. If you see a snapping turtle up close, you'll know why.

Death.
The only thing I fear.
sad-frog-meme-fb.jpg

Wet, loose strands of hair clogged in the sink or in the drain. I shave my legs every day because I'm so fearful that I can't stand the sight.

It's the same when it comes to bathing my household pets. I freak the fuck out when I see a clump of their hair floating on the water's surface.

It is unwise to reveal fears on the internet, even on a harmless forum such as this.

But I will say I have an aversion to deep water and I'll leave it at that.

Communist Communist You're probably right. I'm terrified of being in the ocean, and would never go exploring it.

But my biggest fear by far - Being alone in the woods at night. I'd never go camping in a remote area if you paid me.

Communist Communist You're probably right. I'm terrified of being in the ocean, and would never go exploring it.

But my biggest fear by far - Being alone in the woods at night. I'd never go camping in a remote area if you paid me.
Seems a bit contradictory, but... What if you camped with someone else in a remote area? Would that be ok?

I'm the exact same! I can't even just walk my dog in there in the dark. It's not that I'm afraid of the dark - I'm afraid of what might be in it. Which equates to why I can't deal with the open ocean. Can't see what's potentially swimming about ><

Hall Kervean Hall Kervean Maybe, but I'd still be too apprehensive to enjoy it. I'd be too afraid of the possibility of stumbling across a bear or a serial killer or something. :/
What if the other person was a member of, like, the military or a boy scout or somethin'?
For the most part, camping is planned activities or otherwise lounging around a campsite. If you say "today at 3:00 PM we'll go fishing," then today at 3:00 PM you'll go fishing. If that's the only thing you have planned, then you could just stay in the campsite and read a book or build a fire or cook or carve spears or something.

What if the other person was a member of, like, the military or a boy scout or somethin'?
For the most part, camping is planned activities or otherwise lounging around a campsite. If you say "today at 3:00 PM we'll go fishing," then today at 3:00 PM you'll go fishing. If that's the only thing you have planned, then you could just stay in the campsite and read a book or build a fire or cook or carve spears or something.

Doesn't quite prevent someone or something else wandering into the campsite though

Doesn't quite prevent someone or something else wandering into the campsite though
Carving spears would.
But Asriel said their fear was about wandering out and coming across a bear or a serial killer or somethin'.
Just bear-proof your food by locking it in the car. Don't keep your food in your tent.
As for the serial killer, well...
Aerosol bug spray and a match.

Carving spears would.
But Asriel said their fear was about wandering out and coming across a bear or a serial killer or somethin'.
Just bear-proof your food by locking it in the car. Don't keep your food in your tent.
As for the serial killer, well...
Aerosol bug spray and a match.

Well that's true, I just meant in general :)
Quite the death in the woods preventing connasuer!

Hall Kervean Hall Kervean Well I can certainly say that having someone with military training there would make me feel safer. It's mostly just the unknown factor, nit knowing what could possibly be out there in the dark... *shivers* I hate even thinking about it.

Hall Kervean Hall Kervean Well I can certainly say that having someone with military training there would make me feel safer. It's mostly just the unknown factor, nit knowing what could possibly be out there in the dark... *shivers* I hate even thinking about it.
True. The woods are one of the worst places to be in the dark. At bare minimum, if you're gonna set up camp in a wooded area, find a clearing or random small field or somethin'. Chiggers>bears>>>>>serial killers.
Plus, you can scare off bears with your recently-carved spears is you shake them an beat them on the ground and scream and stuff.

Well I'm barely strong enough to lift a spear, let alone throw it with any level of accuracy. Not that I ever plan on going camping. Maybe I've just listened to too many scary stories on YouTube.

Chickens and Ducks - Looonngg af story.

Water Towers - I suck at swimming and I just generally hate large amounts of water. I'm afraid they're gonna fall over.

Clowns - This was completely my fathers doing. He took me to a mirror maze that had a clown in it that chased you. I have been tramautized ever since.

That's about it. (Just... ignore my irrational fears.)

My worst experience camping was when I was an idiot and didn't unroll my sleeping bag in 30º (F) weather. I manned through it for a night and a half. If I'd tried to man through any further, I might have lost toes. I was getting frostbite.
But I've never had anything you've feared happen to me, with over a hundred days of camping under me belt.

These are all pretty common.

1. Spiders
2. Heights
3. Violence
4. Hospitals
5. Loud noises (such as angry shouting)
6. Anger in general

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back