Opinion Favourite holidays?

DrunkenSailor

In my medical opinion that is a GREAT RESPONSE.
Simple enough really, as Halloween is approaching I thought it’d be fun to look over favourite holidays! I’ll go first, Oktoberfest always held a special place in my heart.

Halloween used to be my all-time favorite holiday, but a shitty ex kinda ruined it for me since his birthday is on Halloween. -.- It’s still easily my second favorite time of the year for aesthetics alone and the fun of cosplays being more acceptable in society for the time being. XD

Christmas is definitely my second favorite. I love the relaxing atmosphere around this holiday and am always hoping for a white Christmas since I live in the south of the US. :3

Then Thanksgiving is my third favorite because it’s when I get to go to my parents’ beach house and embrace that relaxing atmosphere with them. Sadly, military training will keep me away from my family for this holiday this year...and this is the second time military training has kept me away from them for Thanksgiving. :/ I’m hopeful someone I’ve started seeing online late last year will be able to visit me around that time to make up for it, but we shall see how that turns out.

Halloween sounds like a lot of fun but not really celebrated where I'm at. We also don't have a thanksgiving. But we do have a Christmas. And I love baking breads, the pies, and we make a rice pudding of sorts. We have a few spring festivals that I love to go to. We dance and sing, lots of music. It last almost a month.

Tbh minor holidays where I can party with my friends and aren't expected to be around family are great. Like, do I really care about the 4th of July itself? No, but if I get off work and get drunk with people I care about it's great. I really love the Halloween aesthetics and such. Thanksgiving is the worst because it has family obligations and you're not getting free shit to make it worth it.

Holidays that have national days off are my fav because I can have those days off usually ^^'

But I probably like New Year's eve the most. I usually spend it with either family or my friend.
When it's with my friend (I travel abroad for that because my friend is in another country), we go to the beach and empty beach in winter (because it's cold) is amazing!! I love it so much!! Walk at the beach at night and see so many stars, you can't have that in daily life so when I manage to spend my winter holidays like that it's a big thing! I'm sad that this year I can not go there again because borders are locked due to covid so it's impossible to travel. Hopefully next year it will get better. I miss my friend and the empty beach and having no people around.
A family dinner is not bad either, we just talk and watch TV, nothing special, but I like the quiet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back