Video Games Favourite game?... ever?

Super mainstream - but I love Until Dawn and have played through it at least six times. The graphics, soundtracks, and actors involved are absolutely amazing. I was kinda disappointed in the butterfly effect though, like yes your choices matter in some cases, but not really. I love it anyways though and am definitely due for another playthrough haha.

It has to be Bioshock. More likely to scare than most horror games on the market, a killer story with a lovely plot twist. Dear god, all of Rapture as a whole. If they game was nothing but wandering around those environments it would still be top notch.

Sly Cooper 1-3.
Such a good game, Super Replayable, classic.
I loved the lore and as a kid, I felt like I was part of something whenever I played as Sly.
During the mid-game animations and storyline advancing I remember feeling so emotional when the game broke up for a little or when Sly finally got on the good side of that lady cop.

Thinking of it now Is so nostalgic. If they remastered for PS4 I would buy it so fast.

SSX 3: The only popular snowboarding game franchise out there, and for good reason. It's an incredible game in ebery singke aspect: the graphics were awesome for 2003 and are still good till this day; the soundtrack is timeless - riding down Metro City Breakdown as Kaori with Do Your Thing in the background is one of my fondest memories ever - with only a handfull of songs that weren't my style, but still enjoyable; the gameplay is phenomenal and very engaging, with the wackiest, most physically impossible tricks being performed with just a few button combinations; the fact that the entire mountain is completely connected, allowing you to ride from the top of Peak 3 to the bottom of Peak 1 without any interruptions or loading screens; DJ Atomika's commentary is hilarious at times and you never get tired of listening to him; the characters introduced in 3 were very memorable (particularly Viggo and Griff, although my favorite's Allegra) and just so much more I couldn't possibly list.

Until Dawn: Hooo my God. I remember when I first watched Markiplier play this game and I was like "I need this in my life". The atmosphere is cold and full of suspense - being isolated up in a lodge on a snowy mountain really helped give you a creeping feeling of hopelesness - and it later becomes just straight up creepy and unnerving - especially the segments with Chris and Ash exploring the hotel; the characters are all likable in one way or another (the only one I didn't enjoy was Josh, mainly because he didn't get enough screen time in my opinion, but then again, Jess got little to no screen time and I still love her); the twist on the antagonist was shit was something that you could have figured out if you were thorough in searching for the clues (which I was), but a bit surprising if you didn't expect it.
But what I love the most is just how many interactions the characters have with each other. Every choice you make will change the character's behavior with others (sometimes in nonsensical ways) and that creates a lot of different dialogue for everyone. I've played the game enough times for all of the medals and I thoroughly enjoyed every chapter I had to replay. God, it's been so long since I've played it, but I know that when I boot it up again, it'll feel like I'm playing the game for the first time

My fav game ever would be Final Fantasy X and Metal Gear solid 1 from PS1 as well as GTA San Andreas.

Uhm, I don't have a lot of gaming experience hence I rarely get to play, but my favorite(s) I can not pick one,
Dying light,
Skyrim , and ark survival
My PC favorite game is or was world of Warcraft but I need to get the expansions since I missed a lot

Mine would be between Super Mario Sluggers & Super Mario Brothers for the Wii, then it would be League of Legends. I love most Mario games but those two are my absolute favourite! :p

I would have to say the Halo games, there not all good (Halo 4) but it's been apart of my childhood along with a multitude of other games.

So what is YOUR favourite game and why? So many different games out there, always interesting to hear what other people choose as the best game they've ever played.

For me it's between Call of Duty 2 Big Red One, Red Faction 2 or Golden eye. The first two were what I would spend my days on. I'd always play Red Faction with my younger brother as well as Call of Duty. For the last one, it reminds me of my late Grandmother. Seven years old and sitting on the N64 in my Granny's house, the nostalgia!

Even though I've been an avid WoW player for nine years my favorite game(s) are the first three Silent Hill games. I actually have a full Silent Hill tattoo sleeve. The games are immersive to the point of getting into your head and I absolutely love that.

The dragon age series. I just couldn't stand it when 2 ended. Aaaaahh it feels so empty now ;_;

Ultima 4...it was one of the very first games where how you act directly affects how the game plays. I remember writing notes and notes and notes on all the textual conversations and details. It was a very detailed and in-depth game.

Mario sunshine was a meme and a half when i was just a babie. When I grew up and learned what rping is, fallout new vegas and skyrim are def my all time most loved.

Such a tricky question but, just because it has a special place in my heart, I'd have to say the Kirby series. I don't have a specific favorite in the series though.
Anyway, Kirby is a series I grew up with and will probably never stop playing. I love the simplicity of the games, the consistency, the characters, pretty much everything. Also it's gotten some slightly dark implications concerning the final bosses in recent installments if you pay enough attention.

Beyond Good and Evil. I loved that game for all it was worth, and finished it countless times before my stepbrother scratched the disc all to hell with keys and tossed it in the garbage. It was linear enough so that I had an idea of where I should be going, but I always had the option of free roaming- which, to me at least, was incredibly new.

The best game I've ever played was Dark Cloud 2 (or Dark Chronicle over seas, I believe) for the PS2. It will forever be my favorite.

Alice: Madness Returns

The original was addictive, but this one...

It's best played at night, especially if you're not doing very well in real life.

I was tempted to say VTMB but Alice definitely earned a special spot in my memory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back