Video Games Favourite game?... ever?

Physiicz

Sad Boy Status
So what is YOUR favourite game and why? So many different games out there, always interesting to hear what other people choose as the best game they've ever played.

For me it's between Call of Duty 2 Big Red One, Red Faction 2 or Golden eye. The first two were what I would spend my days on. I'd always play Red Faction with my younger brother as well as Call of Duty. For the last one, it reminds me of my late Grandmother. Seven years old and sitting on the N64 in my Granny's house, the nostalgia!

Life is Strange will forever hold a special place in my heart. I can replay it a thousand times and every time, despite always choosing the same dialogue options, I still thoroughly enjoy it. I hope the dev team makes new LiS games forever because I will always buy the next one and play it endlessly. The story is enthralling in its unique way and the characters make me feel that much closer to it. <3

Life is Strange will forever hold a special place in my heart. I can replay it a thousand times and every time, despite always choosing the same dialogue options, I still thoroughly enjoy it. I hope the dev team makes new LiS games forever because I will always buy the next one and play it endlessly. The story is enthralling in its unique way and the characters make me feel that much closer to it. <3

I second this, but also came to say Last of Us.

I second this, but also came to say Last of Us.
Last of Us is a phenomenal game, too. I replay it at least once a month. The story is beyond amazing and you get attached to each character easily. I absolutely cannot wait for the Part 2 game to come out. :3

Life is Strange.

Actually still haven't played the BtS prequel 'cause I'm terrified it just can't measure up. :c

Trust me, it measures up.

I have my doubts, haha. No Burch is a bummer, too, but mostly the game just has an incredible place in my life, and carries a (probably unhealthy) amount of sentimental value for me, so BtS could probably be a stellar game and still potentially strike me wrong.

I have my doubts, haha. No Burch is a bummer, too, but mostly the game just has an incredible place in my life, and carries a (probably unhealthy) amount of sentimental value for me, so BtS could probably be a stellar game and still potentially strike me wrong.
Idk, I love the first one and it has a special place in my heart, but the second one is great because we get a closer look at Chloe's life.

LoZ: Breath of the Wild or Wind Waker. Until Dawn and Night in the Woods are pretty high up there too.

I dunno. A mix between CHROMEHOUNDS and [PROTOTYPE]
I loved being able to build my huge mech and destroy other mechs with it, and be a shape-shifting mutant that can be anywhere at anytime and cause havoc

The Hare Brained Schemes Shadowrun Trilogy. Technically, all one game. But all three are simply amazing games, that so very few people I know have played through. Seriously, if you like RPGs at all, you should try the shadowrun games. Plus you can get them all for pretty cheap on Steam during a sale.

Arcanum, one of the first isometric rpgs that really got me into roleplay. Was big into the class building of d2 prior but this was the one that hooked me.

Loved the premise of magic vs steampunk tech and having the ability to play any way i wanted. The lore, the npcs, everything.

It wasn't until i played morrowind that it had an equal.

Nowadays i find myself drawn to space engineers and fallout 4, but those two still hold a special place in my heart.

Honestly i could list games forever i love too many xD

anigif_enhanced-24266-1424301139-3.gif
This was probably one of the first games I played independently, and I loved everything about it from the game play to the sphere grid to the plot. I have replayed it and will continue to do so.

tumblr_m6evb4MRzS1qhwzb4o1_500.gif
Quite a change from FFX, but I still enjoyed it. Maybe because I'm a sucker for a happy ending (if you got the happy ending, that is) or because I enjoyed the dresspheres? I dunno. The music was cool too.

d8w7y2V.gif
This game is just fucking awesome, whether you're playing or watching. So damn glitchy! xD

Unpopular opinion i guess, but Mass Effect 3 i know the ending sucks ass, but the gameplay is AMAZING, plus i turned it off ten minutes before it ends after i finally witnessed the infamous endings

Oh this is a hard one. Hmm - I would say as if this year FFXV and Persona 5 have taken my heart, and the Danganronpa series has made its way there as well. Mass Effect and Dragon Age are pretty up there too, just as far as how personal they feel. Being able to make your own characters and what not.

Not sure how many people will have heard of it, but Thomas Was Alone is my favourite. I just adored the narrative and dialogue, I've replayed it far too much considering its a story about some shapes...

My favorite game was called Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy and it will always be the greatest and most underrated game on the GameCube that will never be remembered.
I've never met a single soul that played that game aside from me, and it will always have a place in my heart.

My favorite game series would be the Rune Factory games. I don't have a specific one out of the series because I love all of them. The only negative aspect I can think of for the game is the sheer amounts of grinding you have to do to progress, but the mechanics of the game (such as being able to craft items with the materials you find) even make that fun! The story is intriguing, the art is beautiful, the romance options are adorable, and I love the openness of it. Yeah, you can go out and beat up bad guys and just be the hero, or you can spend your days farming, or cooking, or crafting, forging, potion-making, taming monsters -- there are so many options! I was so upset when I learned the company went bankrupt because the games are simply awe-inspiring.

A very mainstream opinion probably but eh. The witcher 3 was a brilliant ending to a trilogy that told a fantastic story combined with amazing visuals and a challenging yet fun gameplay system. I am currently rerunning through the game on the hardest difficulty.

If I had other games though? My first of all time would be Castlevania in general, but probably Order of Ecclesia the most. Shanoa as a main character is the best, and I don't know why.

And the last game that's up there would be Dust: An Elysian Tail. For an Indie game the gameplay is just so good and I genuinely never got bored of the game no matter how many times I played it.

Probobly a Standard opinion but my favorite game ever is The Hotline miami series.

You know, Some games have the ability to change you and i think Hotline miami series did that pretty well. Because when you understand the story line of both games. You are never the same.
And maybe the soundtrack is what keeps is addictive so you keep coming back.

Or maybe 50 Blessings are always watching and we are trying to find something deeper in there. Who knows?

I would say it's a toss-up between Portal 2, Mario Kart Wii and the N64 in general.

Portal 2 in particular has me as one of the first video games I bought for myself as well as one of the first I've modded. The story, gameplay and world all have a special place to me. It was just a major milestone in my life as a gamer and is just a fantastic game in general to boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back