Video Games Favorite Zelda game.

5: Twilight Princess
4: Wind Waker
3: Legend of Zelda
2: Ocarina of Time
1: Majora's Mask by a mile.

(I'm gonna get screamed at, aren't I?)

Skyward Sword!! Yes really. Never had a problem with the motion controls, loved them to bits. Upgrade system was beautiful, Some of the best bosses and dungeons in any Zelda game, Soundtrack was phenomenal, great characters like Groose, Impa and Ghirahim.

All of this let’s me look past the linearity, which honestly never bothered me too much to begin with.

Second is Wind Waker though.

Skyward Sword!! Yes really. Never had a problem with the motion controls, loved them to bits. Upgrade system was beautiful, Some of the best bosses and dungeons in any Zelda game, Soundtrack was phenomenal, great characters like Groose, Impa and Ghirahim.

All of this let’s me look past the linearity, which honestly never bothered me too much to begin with.

Second is Wind Waker though.

Yeah, Skyward Sword is pretty great... but it's super easy. I beat hero mode in two weeks.

ookami :+) link to the past was my first zelda game, so i'm biased to that. i think i'd love breath of the wild, though.

I've only played 2 of em. Breath of the Wild and Majora's Mask. Out of the 2 I'd definitely say Breath of the Wild was my favorite.

Ocarina of Time because childhood, but I also liked Phantom Hourglass because that sent me through quite a lot of struggle and frustration lol

Breath of the Wild is honestly hard to beat, objectively.

My favourite will forever be Windwaker, though. Mainly because of the OST and the nostalgia.

A Link to the Past is my favorite 2D
Breath of the Wild is my favorite 3D
And I also adore Twilight Princess and A Link Between Worlds

1. Zelda's Adventure (It has super realistic and amazingly energetic cuteness man. I mean, you actually get to play as Zelda in a Zelda game! That alone makes it better than anything else.)
2. Tingle's Balloon Fight DS (Ballon Fight is the best NES game ever made and adding Tingle is just the cherry on top. The sweet floating helium filled cherry that's probably actually a balloon now that I think about it.)
3. Link's Crossbow Training (Best shooter I've ever played. Amazing controls. Great plot. Though I'm not too found of it's spin-off, anything with the name Twilight in it can't be good.)
4. Link's Adventure (Honestly, this is just a horrible port of Zelda's Adventure for the Sony Entertainment System but a horrible port of the best game ever made is still a good game. Zelda copying sleeping beauty is comptely ruined by lack of dwarves, that really ruins the game play for me.)

(un)Honorable Mentions:
Spirt Tracks
- I couldn't play past the part when they killed Zelda, I sorta threw my DS off the grand canyon.
Majouua's Mask - Sure it introduced Tingle but the game was far too kiddy to be a proper Zelda game.
Ocarina of Time - Sheik ruined Zelda's character! I honestly can not believe they would stoop so low to make her a ninja! The whole game was just Nintendo jumping the shark.
Hyrule Warriors - You can play as Zelda but sheik (internal screaming). I think the game as a whole was far too tame and it focused far to heavily on the it's overly complicated story (I mean, who the hell is this Ganon dude? Is he even Canon?). I also think they didn't really represent women that much in it, it was bit of a sausage fest.
Wind Waker - ZELDA ISN'T A PIRATE AONUMA!
Breath of the Wild - The final boss is way too hard.

1. Zelda's Adventure (It has super realistic and amazingly energetic cuteness man. I mean, you actually get to play as Zelda in a Zelda game! That alone makes it better than anything else.)
2. Tingle's Balloon Fight DS (Ballon Fight is the best NES game ever made and adding Tingle is just the cherry on top. The sweet floating helium filled cherry that's probably actually a balloon now that I think about it.)
3. Link's Crossbow Training (Best shooter I've ever played. Amazing controls. Great plot. Though I'm not too found of it's spin-off, anything with the name Twilight in it can't be good.)
4. Link's Adventure (Honestly, this is just a horrible port of Zelda's Adventure for the Sony Entertainment System but a horrible port of the best game ever made is still a good game. Zelda copying sleeping beauty is comptely ruined by lack of dwarves, that really ruins the game play for me.)

(un)Honorable Mentions:
Spirt Tracks
- I couldn't play past the part when they killed Zelda, I sorta threw my DS off the grand canyon.
Majouua's Mask - Sure it introduced Tingle but the game was far too kiddy to be a proper Zelda game.
Ocarina of Time - Sheik ruined Zelda's character! I honestly can not believe they would stoop so low to make her a ninja! The whole game was just Nintendo jumping the shark.
Hyrule Warriors - You can play as Zelda but sheik (internal screaming). I think the game as a whole was far too tame and it focused far to heavily on the it's overly complicated story (I mean, who the hell is this Ganon dude? Is he even Canon?). I also think they didn't really represent women that much in it, it was bit of a sausage fest.
Wind Waker - ZELDA ISN'T A PIRATE AONUMA!
Breath of the Wild - The final boss is way too hard.
Dude... if you were trying to make a joke about he cdi games then you messed up the names. Zelda: The wand of gamelon, and Link: the faces of evil.

Oh I know about zelda's adventure. It was top down view instead of side scroller. You said the Link one was a clone of it so I thought you might have just gotten the names mixed up.
Gotcha, I said it was a clone because they both have [Player Character]'s Adventure as a title. The fact that they were too very different was part of the, admitably crappy, joke.

Botw and Ocerenia of time. OOT because it was my first game ever, and BOTW because... well... have you seen that game?!

Ocerenia of time Ocarina of time. ImaCreepYouOut ImaCreepYouOut
I didn't want to come off as rude or snobby I just thought you would like to know, writing gets better if you can identify mistakes.

My favorite Zelda game is a conflict between a Link to the Past and Zelda 2. They're not perfect by any means, but I have a very fond nostalgia of those games. Zelda 2 is hella underrated, too.

My favorite Zelda game is a conflict between a Link to the Past and Zelda 2. They're not perfect by any means, but I have a very fond nostalgia of those games. Zelda 2 is hella underrated, too.

I'm not gonna say that 2 is bad. I can't even get past the second dungeon. I don't get a say.
That being said, I actually found a mint condition SNES cartridge for A Link To The Past... for 30 bucks!! It was the greatest steal of my life.

I've gotta say-- I liked every Zelda game I've ever tried. I've got glaring issues on the series as a whole and on some specific ones, but I don't wanna break into rant mode xD No one wants that page-full.

That said though-- My favorite transitioned from Wind Waker, to Majora's Mask, to finally, the first Legend of Zelda for the NES.

I played them chronologically since I was a kiddo (I'm 30) and after taking Game Design courses I have a newfound respect specifically for the first game: While it didn't have great structure, that was the beauty of the game for me, anyway: I like adventure, and I like finding cool junk that does... things that're cool.

I mean-- the more random getting that thing is seems to amplify how neat it was to find it. In the first game, you'd get like... the bow in one level and not need it 'till like what was it... level 7 or something? But bit was NICE TO HAVE, and just really rewarded me for adventuring, not just blindly following a narrative.

I'd say I liked A Link Between Worlds or Minish Cap, or Wind Waker more because of this, but you rarely found anything you were meant to have until the moment you needed it in narrative, and most of it's just a button of rupees, which gets old if not varied more. Kinda killed the magic for me.

Anyway! There: My first non-jokey two-bits.

... Jeez, I did kinda rant o.e Muh baaaddd.

I love Wind waker.

I really like Breath of the Wild (minus the durability system for weapons omg).

My favorite used to be Twilight Princess, until Breath of the Wild came out. I still love Twilight Princess, but going back to any other Zelda game after BotW just feels... too restricted. I like the atmosphere of TP, the storyline, the music... and of course the gameplay itself is fun too. Majora's Mask has a wonderfully dark atmosphere that I love a lot, too.
Skyward Sword was my first ever Zelda game, so I'm a bit biased toward it, buuuut I feel like it's too linear, holds your hand far too much, and Fi is a huge pain (even if I do like her).

My favorite used to be Twilight Princess, until Breath of the Wild came out. I still love Twilight Princess, but going back to any other Zelda game after BotW just feels... too restricted. I like the atmosphere of TP, the storyline, the music... and of course the gameplay itself is fun too. Majora's Mask has a wonderfully dark atmosphere that I love a lot, too.
Skyward Sword was my first ever Zelda game, so I'm a bit biased toward it, buuuut I feel like it's too linear, holds your hand far too much, and Fi is a huge pain (even if I do like her).

Regardless what anyone might say,
everyone kinda felt a gut punch when Fi basically died.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back