Literature Favorite Quotes

"One is not born, but rather becomes, a woman" - Simone de Beauvoir

Similarly:

"It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." - Albus Dumbledore 

And alternatively:

"Over here, my sweet meats, your prince of justice and genocide has something to say: Gone are the days of the tentacle and the age of the gods and mercy is far away... We are fighters of the middle, the second act in the three-part MEAT play, AND I WILL WIN BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR!" - Krieg

Pretty much any George W. Bush quotes you can find on a search engine.

"I know how hard it is to put food on your family" stuck out to me.

"If you don't give me my pudding, I'm going to punish you." - Lord Beerus (in-battle, Dragon Ball Xenoverse)

"I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you." - Batman (Batman Begins)

The battlefields never leave a warrior. Now they just change now to different time & places now. The warrior always advances beyond this and controls the battlefield in all aspects

— 

Truth Seeker

"

The way of gaining clarity is always rooted in experiencing despair and  the abyss. Coming back from it as stronger person with insight & clarity is worth all the conflicted torments of being a truth seeker

Yes, I am the supreme god. I am capable of tearing the darkness itself and stealing lifetime... I am the king who reigns supreme over the skies, seas, hell and earth. Those were the words of my mother... It is to this end that she has endowed me with a power that no one exceeded... There are only two options for those who do against me. Fall to your knees... or die.
~ Cronus

Much like you, I too have a god who comforts my heart. I am one of the Gold Saints who protect the Goddess Athena. I am Sagittarius Aiolos! I wish to uphold peace on Earth. And for that, I risk my life in combat, much like you. It matters not if the fire of my life is to fade away, for my Cosmos shall remain eternal on Earth... I believe in the creation of peace.
~ Sagittarius Aiolos

Flowers bloom, but eventually wither. The stars shine, yet one day shall fade. Everything dies. The Earth, the Sun, the Milky Way... Even the entire universe is no exception. When compared to all that... The lives of men are as brief and elusive as the blink of an eye. In this small instant men are born... Laugh, cry, fight, suffer, celebrate, wail... Hate some while loving others. All of this... Is transitory.„~ Virgo Shakaoriginal.gif

"Humankind cannot obtain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost."
-Alphonse Elric

Oh, humans... You are always acting madly on impulse in the face of despair, with no regards for your strengths and limitations. Now, no longer satiated with the Earth bestowed upon you by the Gods, you attempt to claim the universe so you may taint it as well. And beyond all that... You dare defy the Gods themselves, when instead you ought to accept and bow to our Will... But now that you have abandoned even the feeling of devotion, I declare that you are not merely foolish, but rather beings worthy of pity.
~ Hades, upon facing Seiya

"Not everyone will like you, no matter what kind of personality or attitude you show upon them." - A quote by me.

anything ursula k. le guin has ever said

for example;
“The law of evolution is that the strongest survives!'
'Yes, and the strongest, in the existence of any social species, are those who are most social. In human terms, most ethical...There is no strength to be gained from hurting one another. Only weakness.”

"If you have the urge to merge with wheels four - the ritual is here, so slip a gear and put the pedal through the floor!"
-Crow Dazzle

Or

"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend."
— U.S. Army Training Notice

These are my top two favorites.
5867a6d33ba0e1a5af08802e80511b5e--loss-quotes-quotes-quotes.jpg

8e1c7c279586023e52574a4ceaa3c827--motivational-women-quotes-women-motivation-quotes.jpg

"Love is a homeless guy, searching for treasure in the middle of the rain and finding a bag of gold coins and slowly finding out they're all filled with chocolate and even though he's heart broken, he can't complain cause he was hungry in the first place."

- oh lord I am trash for bo burnham

“The emotional health of a village depended upon having a man whom everyone loved to hate, and Heaven had blessed us with two of them.”
-From Barry Hughart's Bridge of Birds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back