Music Favorite old music?

Hollycrest

ꀸꂦꈤ'꓄ ꌃ꒒ꀤꈤꀘ
So when it comes to music I consider myself a big enthusiast, but also a mixed bag.
What I mean is that there's at least one song in every genre of music that I like and I listen to pretty much everything on a regular basis, depending on how I'm feeling at given moments.

But at the beginning of it all I was raised on music that my parents liked; old vintage classics from the 70s and 80s. Since then, even though there's lots and lots of modern music that I absolutely love and listen to all the time, I've always thought that there's something really fascinating about the "old-timey" stuff and how it sounds that you just really never see anymore. My favorites were The Beatles, Fleetwood Mac, Blondie, Aerosmith, Frank Sinatra, Queen, Cyndi Lauper, Eurythmics, Billy Idol, Joni Mitchell, Prince, Bob Marley, etc.

So I'm just curious on how music from the times before these has affected all of you. Perhaps there's a song that means a lot to you, I'd love to see(and more importantly listen to) all of your favorites!

Last edited:
I love classic country & western, ever since I visited Nashville: Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, David Allan Coe, Hank Williams Sr, Hank Williams Jr, Willy Nelson, etc.
One of my favorites is "The Ride" by David Allan Coe, a story about an aspiring guitarist getting a ride to Nashville from star Hank William's ghost! I just love Coe's storytelling (and the story).

And from my "Cool AF Blues" playlist, lol:

Texas Flood - Stevie Ray Vaughan

Statesboro Blues - Taj Mahal

I Hear My Train A Comin' - Jimi Hendrix

Johnny Rebel, Col. Sharecropper, (I'm not racist, but jesus the songs are very catchy), DAC, Johann Gottfried Piefke (Preussen Gloria and Königgrätzer Marsch), Herms Niel (composed a LOT of german military marches)... and last but not least....

Cemetary Gates - Pantera
Not that I consider it to be very old actually (it was made in '90, 4 years before I was born) but I imagine it is by most people's standards.

and while we're at it, the more recent cover by Tyr:

Last edited:
I'm not much into music in general but I would certainly name Queen.
And Era as well even though it's not that old.

I can name a few, but I'm too lazy to get the links.
  • Queen - Everything. I haven't listen to many of their songs yet, but it's an automatic thing.
  • Frank Sinatra
  • AC/DC (if they count)
  • KISS
  • Pink Floyd - Cymbaline
  • Louis Armstrong - At least Wonderful World. I haven't listened to any of his other than this one.
  • Michael Jackson
  • Prince
  • David Bowie - Moonage Daydream
  • Basically everything the Awesome Mix volumes 1 and 2
And probably a few more that I'm not bringing up because I'll go watch High Society now.

The Temptations
The Righteous Brothers
Expose'
New Order
Diana Ross and The Supremes
Elvis Presley
Siouxsie and the Banshees
The Police
Echo and the Bunnymen

Just to name a few.

Mine is Frank Zappa. His lyrics were funny and awesome! Watch Out Where the Huskies Go and Don't You Eat the Yellow Snow!

I’ve always loved John Prine and Melvina Reynolds because my dad loves them. What’s funny is that’s the music his parents listened to when he was a kid.

Also Joni Mitchell is amazing. Queen, obviously. And of course all the great jazz heads.

Old music? Moonlight Sonata. Just kidding, I really adore Michael Jackson. Most of his music is timeless.

Army of Valhalla - Epic Viking Themed Music Mix

Cuz norse and celtic music has a place in my heart and is Something my friends play when we go larp

Dire Straights are still awesome, and will still be awesome 20 years down the line.

That aside, I also enjoy Roger Chapman or Jethro Tull.

Hm... you know, it's very interesting yet hard to define such song. All of the music I eventually listen to has powerful effect on me and I can't really choose anything from the wide spectrum of songs I adore.
If choosing from "old songs" (hard defining that too), I would choose something from Late Romanticism, especially by Russian, French or German composers. And if I take in account something more recent, then, I guess, it's Patience & Prudence.

Haha oh man how I can relate to what you said, music to me is like my first love I can't live without it.

Here are some of the songs I enjoy that are "old school"

Those songs are just a few of them :)

F:NV has blessed me with such bops

I Draw my revolver and fire 5 shots"Yet another notch....too bad ranger....you shouldn't have killed red...."gets close and puts the 44 to the ranger's head and fires" May you fine peace in the next life....Requiescat in pace...bastardo"i say as I turn and leave....with the ranger's gun now on my belt(Lol,I got bored,if anyone one wants to do a fallout rp let me know)

For me, it's Opeth - Black Rose Immortal. It's the song that introduced me to my favourite band, and got me into the death metal and progressive metal scenes. It kept me interested throughout the entire 20 minute length with changes ranging from crushing heavy riffs and powerful growls to amazing acoustic guitar and beautiful clean vocals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back