Favorite/Least Favorite Video Games

My favorite would definitely be a tie between Pokemon Red Mystery Dungeon and Star Ocean. They're both just loads of fun to play out, no matter how many times I've finished.

My least favorite is Bioshock, if only because I'm a gigantic fucking wuss and I can't take it. Curse you, Big Daddy and your jump scare ways!

I'd have to say the Final Fantasy franchise as a whole would count as my favorite game. I played my first FF when I was 4 years old, and since then I've grown up with the series, even though I haven't been a big fan of the recent installments, I've enjoyed my time with all of them.

I have yet to play a least favorite, though I don't care for FPS games in general. They seem repetitive and unoriginal to me. Same tactics, same objective, different stories.

Androgynous said:
I'd have to say the Final Fantasy franchise as a whole would count as my favorite game. I played my first FF when I was 4 years old, and since then I've grown up with the series, even though I haven't been a big fan of the recent installments, I've enjoyed my time with all of them.
I have yet to play a least favorite, though I don't care for FPS games in general. They seem repetitive and unoriginal to me. Same tactics, same objective, different stories.
I have a bunch of Final Fantasy Games. They've always been fun.

I'm really liking Bastion at the moment, as well as Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (sure, I'd probably like Skyrim better but I use a toaster as my computer ._.)

Least favorite would have to be.... nothing really, I guess...

Favorite video game? Right now I'd say it's a toss up between ARMA II DayZ OverPoch Mod and Abyss Odyssey.

Least favorite? Without a doubt, least favorite game is Assassin's Creed 3.

Captain Hesperus

What is the Dovah's favourite video game? Well, one of his favourite games is Dragon Age Origins. It introduced me to the RPG genre and is a fantastic game. The plot is excellent and politics play a big part in it. The world is dark fantasy and the companions are excellent. The gameplay is a bit slow but it is very tatical. The soundtrack is wonderful and i would recommend it if you're into dark fantasy RPGs.

What is the Dovah's least Favourite game? FF13. Square, let me get this straight. You made an open world RPG that is popular and has a strong storyline with likeable characters, excellent music and interesting worlds and turn it into a linear RPG with a cast of characters that do not follow common sense, remove party managment and make it so that if you die, it's game over despite the rest being alive, remove side quests, remove towns, add a huge area that is only accessible at the 20-30 hour mark, make it grindy as heck, pull out one of the biggest "THAT'S ********" moments in gaming which also makes no sense and... just go watch TheSpoonyOne's review of FF13.

FF13 is the worst FF game i've played. I've only played 6,7,8 and 9. I've considered getting FF13-2 but i doubt i would enjoy it and 13-3 did look promising but there is one tiny issue with it. A freaking time limit! A time limit in a large open world RPG!? What were you thinking!? WHY!? WHY PUT THAT IN AN RPG!? WHY!? Yeah, i ain't touching that.

Hopefully, FF15 will be decent. If not, FF will continue to decline imo.

It's very interesting hearing everyone's opinions. There's a big contrast between everyone's, they're all very unique.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I enjoy a game with a very compelling story. Graphics and flashy junk is nice, but if you're a true gamer, the story need be all that matters.

Which is why games like Halo, Dragon Age, Elder Scrolls, Destiny, and other largely thought out creations from the rock on level one all the way to the punch line at end game....are my kind of games.

Oh wow... How can I pick?

Ummm... Favorites have to be as follows:

All of the Mass Effects (they're fucking genius. All of them.)

Dragon Age: Origins and Inquisition (fuck #2 and its laziness)

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic was badass. (I might as well just say Bioware and you guys would get it.)

Fire Emblem (do I really need to detail why?)

LOVE the Suikoden games too!

Any of TellTale's work. (SOOOO excited for Game of Thrones and Borderlands)

LoZ: Ocarina of Time is a childhood favorite. I still find time to play it.

Kingdom Hearts II and Birth by Sleep are pretty awesome too. (Fuck Re:Chain of Memories)

And as much as I loved the stories of Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX, and X... the newer ones seem to be lacking. A lot.

FFVII: Crisis Core is my favorite branch off from them because it's less turn based and Zack was just... love itself.

The Witcher games are my loves. (Bang all of the hawt chicks)

And what game list could be even plausible without Skyrim? I have wasted so much of my life on that game. Including on its mods.

(What's a harem or a dungeon? Those words are not in my vocabulary! How dare you!) lol

Now... as for least favorites:

Any of the F.E.A.R. games. Why? Because I'm a wuss when it comes to anything J-Horror. I'm half Korean and lived mostly with my Korean mother for majority of my life.

That shit hits way too close to home.

Any sports games... I mean, really?

Any game that is based off of an American television show/movie. (Let's face it. The graphics suck, the plot sucks, and everything just feels cheap.)

The White Knight Chronicles... Oh man... That game had so much potential. But it crashed and burned so hard.

Most Call of Duties. (/gasp/) I know. But I just find the people that play on it to be really awful. Plus, I suck at it and I curse waaaaay too much when I get too into it.

I also don't like most Star Ocean games (minus Til the End of Time which was AWESOME). Mainly because the dialogue is really bad and fighting style can get boring fast. I've only ever beaten Til the End of Time and that's because the dialogue wasn't too bad and the story was pretty awesome.

I think that's about it.

Favorite game: Starcraft 2, I've watched it grow since brood war of the first game. I loved the competitiveness along with the pro league, where unlike many other games (looks at LoL) the players are actually respectful of each other. Losing in that game meant that you were simply out played as there were counters to every strategy, sure some worked better than others but there were always strategy where that wouldn't have worked in the first place, your not dependent on teammates who may hold you back or push u up into a level you shouldn't really be in. In all its a very balanced (with its imbalances) that all players can enjoy in the strategy genre.

Least Favorite: Call of Duty since Modern Warfare. Since then every game has practically been a a copy of the previous game with minor differences of a few guns, cosmetics, and maps. Its essentially a cash cow for its creators, where they push out a "new" game every year and kill off their previous with a relative lack of updates. Every game basically feels the same and offers very little change or improvement.

It's difficult to make a decision on my favourite video game. I've played plenty, especially over the past year when I've become more interested in gaming. I have played the entire Bioshock series this year and those three games were just incredible. Rapture was creepy, yet strangely charming, mainly due to the music and immersion that the time period had to offer. Bioshock Infinite was easily the most beautiful game I've ever played. I played the entire game over the course of two days (sleep was required and a sensible necessity in between). As a history lover, I tend to prefer games that are set in the past and Bioshock was just spot on at achieving this. It's certainly a game series that I will revisit again when I have the time.

It's equally as difficult to decide on my least favourite video game. I haven't played a game that I haven't liked, at least not over the past couple of years. Thinking way back I'd probably have to say something like Wii Music or some other short-lived game on the Wii. Something that was played a couple of times and never again. As far as elements that would put me off a game, graphics and art style would certainly be a big factor. I'm not particularly a big fan of pixel games and if a game is labelled as such I won't be playing it. I imagine it's because I enjoy the immersion and pixels don't seem to allow me to get as involved in the game as other graphic styles do.

I've been finding myself playing a lot of Skyrim recently. The amount of time you can spend just running around is seemingly indefinite, and there are just so many side missions you can do once you finish the main quest line. But then again, I do own all of the Sims games, so...

My favourite would have to be Haunting Ground by Capcom for the PS2. More of a rare unheard of game but I love it!

My least favourite would be WET for PS3....

I have a draw between Fallout: New Vegas and Just Cause 2, both of which I've modded to hell. Oh, and Skyrim, too. I've essentially changed the game to Spiderman vs Macho Cowboy Dragons.

Least favorite has got to be League of Legends or any MOBA games.

I have to chose one in each category? Hmmmm...choices, choices, choices.

Favorite Game: I am tied between Dragon Age Inquisition. Yes it has it's problems, glitched trophies (Dragons Bane being the one.), and the sort, but I still like the story. The second one is Diablo II for the PC. Love that game. I played it as a young girl, one of the most challenging games I have ever played. 'Nough said. And the other one is The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings. Now I like a challenge, and this game give me a challenge, though it's not for kids that are young...considering things that could happen in the game if you know how to do it and stuff...

Lease Favorite Game: Hmmmm....Out of the ones I've played, it has to be DMC, Devil May Cry. I won't get into details since it might become political(because of how Ninja Theory did the game), but being a fan of the original games, there are things that I don't like. One of the things is that Virgil and Dante are half demon/human, not nephalem, who are half demon/angel. Virgil was more of a challenging boss during the three times you fight in Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening, than he is in the reboot.

Oh god...just one? There are too many for that.

Some favorites:

-The Legend of Zelda series. The first game on a gold cartridge in the NES was my introduction to videogames as a child. Ocarina of Time is probably my favorite.

-Final Fantasy VIII, Suikoden, and Chrono Trigger because they introduced me to JRPGs. I have probably replayed those three individually more times than any two other games that I own combined.

-The Gears of War series. They nailed the third person shooter formula, and it made playing through the series a lot of fun. I also feel like they did an excellent job with the story, despite some of its more cliche bits.

-The CoD series. I know, I know, I can hear you groaning over the internet. I just really enjoy the competitive aspect of it. I've heard all the complaints about the games being copy/paste with some new maps, but what people who don't play the games often don't realize is that a whole new set of maps and guns and some tweaks to the gameplay are a huge deal to those of us who spend a lot of time with the games. You're talking about a game where the people who play regularly can notice a difference when a patch adds .2 seconds to the time it takes to aim a gun and can present evidence of it actually impacting their gameplay (this is a real thing that happened with sniper rifles in Black Ops II). You're talking about a game where even the mediocre players memorize the best routes around the map, learn how best to defend them, and analyze tactics to break those defenses to the same extent that hardcore MOBA players do. We enjoy doing it, too. So a "$60 map and gun pack" is more than worth it to us because it gives us a whole new playground and batch of toys to break down, analyze, and try to dominate the other team with.

Some least favorites:

-Silent Hill 4: The Room. I picked it up expecting a new Silent Hill, which is another series I love. It didn't take me long to decide I hated it and I started to suspect something that I later found out to be true. It wasn't a Silent Hill game at all! It was originally intended to be a completely seperate IP, with a completely different feel than the SH games, but the producers decided it wouldn't do well and had enough similarities to slap the Silent Hill name on it and market it as part of the series.

-Anything by Suda51. His games are hyped to the nth degree, but I feel like the over the top wackiness distracts people from the fact that if you cut his games down to just the gameplay, they are poorly made turds. Which is all I see them as because all the absurd, over the top crap in them just annoys me.

-Arcania Gothic 4. This is how NOT to make an RPG. Seriously, everything about it is terribad.

-Resistance the Fall of Man. This is how NOT to make an FPS. The story might have been great, but I couldn't pay attention to it for annoyance over the gameplay mechanics that would have been considered barely acceptable on the N64.

Super Smash Bros. will always have a special place in my heart. I loved fighting games to begin with, but taking the formula most of them followed at the time and flipping it on its head really made it stand out amongst its competitors. Then there's the cast, almost all of the 52 current playable characters in the new one having been some part of my childhood.

Spent well above 3000 hours on Melee. Went to tournies, fought a ton of good players, had a great time. Actually ended up meeting my most valuable friends in life because of that game. Playing the 3DS and Wii U releases obsessively now and still enjoying it just as much, which is good as the game prior to that but after Melee...well, it had plenty of issues to say the very least.

As for my least favorite game, it's difficult to nail it down to one. Three do immediately come to mind. I'm just gonna exclude Final Fantasy XIII since I am so tired of voicing my extreme dislike of Toriyama trying to force his new waifu down everyone's throats. Instead, I'll just go right on to FFXIV!

I picked it up for the 1.0 launch on PC. The game was bad. It's not a matter of opinion, it was objectively bad. It was broken, clunky, system mechanics were unclear, content was extremely sparse even by the standards of an MMORPG launch. It was just disappointing. The new director, Naoki Yoshida, is a really cool guy though. Completely remade the game (quite fantastic now, I recommend giving A Realm Reborn a shot if you're on the fence) and ultimately had it pay off. Got my name in the credits for suffering through 1.0, haha. Really though, as a whole it wasn't the worst thing ever as I had some cool people to go through it with.

Next would be Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. This is one of those things where I feel it really should've just been its own title. I hold the first ToS in extremely high regard despite it not holding up so great over time. Was still fun, but compared to the prequel it just seemed to lack charm. At the very least Marta was a fun female lead though; love that they completely broke the cliche of "wait the entire game to confess your love" and just have her do that immediately.

Then there's the last one. You know what I hate? When a game, movie, anything really tries to imply that its foreshadowing and setting up for some big twist then nothing happens. Really disappointed in The Evil Within for that. I got the ending and it seemed to say any combination of either "we just wrote down what we thought sounded cool", "what's a plot", and/or "buy the DLC". It's a shame as it did have some things going for it; such as the best save room to ever be in a video game. I just can't bring myself to invest more money into it after essentially getting a LOST ending again.

Silent Hill 3 is probably one of my favorite games of all time, I get a special warmth in my heart every time I play it. Likewise, I've fallen in love with Hotline Miami with the vibrant colors, distinct retro pixel art style, and ultra-violence it's a good way to get the blood flowing.

I don't really have a least favorite, I don't tend to focus on the games that really 'do' bother me.

I really enjoyed Planetside 2 in the time I played it. I don't play a lot of FPS games, but positive feedback from a few credible sources pushed me to try it out. I have to say, it was a blast. There's nothing quite like galaxy dropping in a coordinated assault on a heavily defended biolab alongside two hundred of your fellow guild members. Incredibly fun MMOFPS, especially if you have friends to play with.

Other than that KOTOR was pretty great RPG, and The Old Republic MMO was a great game until it stopped being single player >.>

Any video game with branching storylines is probably going to be my favorite, particularly the Mass Effect franchise and Dragon Age: Origins. Also the Telltale games, they are pretty fun. I also enjoy games that give you freedom to do anything, like the old Hitman games before Absolution came along. Or Saints Row the Third; the fourth one was okay.

My least favorite games are grinding games; I hate grinding in games. One particular recent game I remember disliking is Borderlands.

Most favorite: The very first Tomb Raider for ye ol' Playstation 1. It was the video game that got me into video games and the one that, I believe, sparked a revolution for third person shooters and open world exploration.

Least favorite: The last Need for Speed game released by EA..... I actually took it back the same day. The only time I have ever taken a new game back to the store. I did not pay $60 to play bumper cars on steroids with a bunch of kids. That game completely trashed an iconic racing game franchise. Way to go, EA.

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time and it's post-copycats are my least favorite games.

Favorite: Legend of Zelda and Kingdom Hearts series(though takes awhile for the story to pick up but combat dang)

Let's see... I'm actually a huge Legend of Zelda fan. I also love Harvest Moon and Super Smash Bros. I used to like The Sims, but I'm kind of hesitant to try the 4th one. I'm not quite sure if I'd like it. As for least favorites... Well, I used to like 3D Sonic games, but I didn't realize how messed up they were until I went back to playing them as a teenager. Because I used to play them all the time when I was a kid. xD My absolute favorite game ever made is definitely The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. It. Is. AMAZING.

Favorites would be osu!, League of Legends, Pokemon Soulsilver, Super Smash series, and...uh...Borderlands 2.

Least favorites...err...I can't really think of any from the top of my head...

Favorite Games- Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect, Dark Souls, Sly Cooper

Least Favorite Games- I didn't particularly care for Gears of War, but it didn't seem like a bad game to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back