Other Favorite JRPG?

chuuyavibes

Resident Chuuya Nakahara Simp
Anyone want to discuss their favorite JRPG? Mine is either the Persona series or the Pokemon series, as the former I've just grown to love and the latter being basically my childhood.

Good choices. I've never played Final Fantasy, so I can't say if the game would be good or not, but I've heard the series is amazing!

Tales of Symphonia, at least for the time being

The series most influential on me would have to be Final Fantasy. It's been a part of my life as long as I've played video games or even understood them as a concept. I also have way more FF games in my collection than I do of any other game series but that's honestly partially because there are so, so many Final Fantasy games. Spinoffs, ports, remakes, you name it.

I can't really narrow down one favorite JRPG because it's probably my favorite game genre and if I try I just keep thinking of all the games I love and treasure dearly and all the other ones that are sitting on my backlog.

The "Tales of" franchise has been my favorite since I was a child and discovered Tales of Destiny. I'm also a huge fan of Front Mission 3 on the PS1.

More recently I've been enjoying the Legend of Heroes series. Trying to get through Trails in the Sky, but it's taking a while because I dont have a whole lot of time to play games in between work and my other hobbies T-T

Final Fantasy IV. Haven't played much of the other ones. But Final Fantasy IV is legitimately my favorite game ever. I don't care what other people think about it. I just love it.

Chronic Trigger because I'm basic.

Suikoden and Suikoden II.

And I unironically love FFX (but my favorite will always be VI).

The Tales of games are amazing. I love the Disgaea series and Final Fantasy. And Kingdom Hearts. I'm playing Persona 5 rn.

My all time favorite rpg is either La Pucelle Tactics, Final Fantasy Tactics, or Tales of Symphonia

It's hard to choose.

Wow, no Last Remnant? I know the animation is janky but the battle system makes up for it at least.

I'm a diehard fan of jRPG in general. But if I have to pick one, it would be Chrono Cross.
The game was so unique, with the concept of alternative worlds, with so many characters that you couldn't recruit all in one playthrough, with multiple endings, some of which were quite original, with references to it's prequel Chrono Trigger... and of course the amazing soundtrack that I still listen to almost every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back