Anime & Manga Favorite Genre of Anime?

Iyashikei "Healing" anime is my favorite. Calm and tame. Relaxing to watch with beautiful visuals. Little violence and almost no fanservice.

I don't know if I really have a favorite genre, but I find I gravitate towards weird and stylish stuff that's usually at least a bit over the top in its presentation. Usually some of the concepts presented by the series will be ludicrous and difficult to explain to someone not familiar with the series or with anime/manga in general.

If it's not clear I am a big fan of the magical girl/mahou shoujo genre. It started when I was young and still continues now. I've even gone back to watch the older series like Magical Princess Minky Momo, Creamy Mami, the Magic Angel & Majokko Megu-chan

Not too big on anime types. But I do enjoy the ones with lots of fighting in them as I simply just want to watch two fictional characters beat each other up. However, I also like the more darker type animes (death note, death parade) with darker themes and a lot psychological elements.

Romance, Shounen(Only really Shokugeki at this point), Slice of Life is okay, Trigger Anime(They get their own genre), Harem(Most are pretty bad but still), Battle Royale(Mostly Fate) and Seinen for more mature shows.

As the Harem King, I would have to say Harem is my favorite anime genre, but I do like fantasy type anime like Soul Eater.

Hard to say. I could say I like Fantasy/adventure based yet I have seen a considerable amount of animes that weren't all that enjoyable( same goes for all other main genres ). I think I'm just a picky person :-_-lines: but I really enjoy very beautifully animated visuals in anime and good character development.

Me watching Harem anime late at night like... "I JUST WANT TO BE LOVED"

My favorite would to be... well, my main one is comedy, for certain. Followed by, I think, harem anime. And third probably magical girl anime or MMO anime

I have to pick one? Well, probably Psychological. I like serious anime that keep you interested in the characters and their development, and thrilled to see how the story's going to unfold, bonus points if there are depressing moments.

I like others, though. Historical, sci-fi, mystery, action, slice-of-life, game, and horror are some of my other well-regarded genres. I'm indifferent to ecchi elements in it, as long as the plot's interesting I won't deny the possibility that I'll watch it. Yes, I liked Highschool DxD and Highschool of the Dead for the plot, not "plot" or their take on physics. Genres I find particularly difficult to endure are romance and shoujo, though, especially if they're the main genre.

I have to pick one? Well, probably Psychological. I like serious anime that keep you interested in the characters and their development, and thrilled to see how the story's going to unfold, bonus points if there are depressing moments.

I like others, though. Historical, sci-fi, mystery, action, slice-of-life, game, and horror are some of my other well-regarded genres. I'm indifferent to ecchi elements in it, as long as the plot's interesting I won't deny the possibility that I'll watch it. Yes, I liked Highschool DxD and Highschool of the Dead for the plot, not "plot" or their take on physics. Genres I find particularly difficult to endure are romance and shoujo, though, especially if they're the main genre.
Highschool DxD Honestly has some darn good plot and storytelling. Definitely the best harem anime out there.

I find Japanese definition of Horror to be pretty shallow. Most of the horror anime they've made has been pretty bad and not that scary. They're more gorey and cheap than anything. Love romance too, probably one of my favorite genres. Lately I have been into psychological and mecha anime(Gurren Lagann, Eureka Seven and Code Geass.) Historical is great but they are rare, wish we had more anime like Arlsan Senki(Kingdom exists but couldn't get into it.) I really enjoy anime with a lot of politics and mind games.

Highschool DxD Honestly has some darn good plot and storytelling. Definitely the best harem anime out there.

I find Japanese definition of Horror to be pretty shallow. Most of the horror anime they've made has been pretty bad and not that scary. They're more gorey and cheap than anything. Love romance too, probably one of my favorite genres. Lately I have been into psychological and mecha anime(Gurren Lagann, Eureka Seven and Code Geass.) Historical is great but they are rare, wish we had more anime like Arlsan Senki(Kingdom exists but couldn't get into it.) I really enjoy anime with a lot of politics and mind games.

Well, the ones classified as Horror that I watched and remember off the top of my head were Tokyo Ghoul (first season only), Parasyte, Another, Ajin, Elfen Lied, Gantz, Mnemosyne...and I liked them all in general, in differing amounts. Other anime I watched have had gore and unsettling moments as well, Attack on Titan for example.
EDIT: Add Gyo and Pupa (yes...I watched through it) to the list.

Honestly I've been recommended some Historical anime and haven't watched most of them. One I liked was Oda Nobuna's Ambition, but I'm clearly biased, being a fan of the Nobunaga's Ambition series and the protagonist being one as well. Brave 10 was alright I suppose. I stopped watching Nobunaga the Fool for some reason or another. Can't recall any others I've watched.

Also, yeah, battle of wits increase the chances I'll watch it. Danganronpa, Baka to Test (I think it had some? It's been a while), Alice in the Borderlands, No Game No Life, Btooom!, Kakegurui, and Classroom of the Elite, for example, had those.

If someone checks my previous posts they'll probably find more anime I that I suggested in other topics and escaped my memory here.

I prefer comedy and also gorey stuff / battle royale. I'd say romance but most of the time it's a little too cliche.

I end up watching a lot of different kinds, but I'm usually drawn to fantasy or anything extremely funny. If not, it's slice-of-life mixed with romance.

Basically, if I think the synopsis sounds interesting, I'll try watching it.

Though I accidentally watched some horror ones that I'm still not over...

I love love love love love slice of life. Of course, there will sometimes have tragedy tied in with it, causing my brain to break.
Although, I like how I feel out of it once I finish the anime. It makes me think and rethink of life. It's like I've gone through a short period of mild depression.
However, horror is kind of tied as my number one. The art is just so amazing and I just love High School of the Dead.​

Tokyo Ghoul is my favourite anime.... anything student based, romance (but not too gushy), drama, maybe a lil' psychological...

I like shounen. It usually contains everything I need - action, battles, humor, drama, friendship and rivalry themes, adventures etc.

For me, my favorite genre revolves around fantasy and all the little connotations it might hold. There's something about seeing worlds of another make in the anime style that just grabs my attention, and with how absurdly diverse anime tends to be, there's always at least something new, even if its roots are in an abused trope. Besides that, I suppose military catches my attention as well. Especially with grounded fantasy or scifi, however that may look.

If I were to try and pin-point my favorite anime... Hm, that's a tough decision. There are many good ones- Er, s'pose Overlord is on that list, last I saw it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back