Literature Favorite Book/Series

Series: I would definitely go with the Dresden Files. I've been hard pressed to find a series that ties a good detective/ noir with modern fantasy elements. A very entertaining set of stories and Jim butcher has a skill for great characters (his other series are really good too).

nobody ever knows about this series, but my favorite is the sword of truth novels by terry goodkind. suuuper long series but it’s something that’s always heavily influenced my writing style and it’s worth checking out if you’re looking for an epic fantasy

Favorite book series: Skulduggery Pleasant. It's basically about some skeleton detective and his partner Steph that save the world and stuff.

Mine is Lord of the Rings all the way! I love how J.R.R. Tolkien made such a huge world with such an extensive history and started while in the trenches of WW1. My second one might be Game of Thrones but I haven't gotten through the first book so I haven't really made a solid opinion on it yet.

For series, I love all the books in the "Shadowhunters" franchise (as seen by my name :P). This includes The Mortal Instruments, The Infernal Devices, and The Dark Artifices + the extra books like Tales From the Shadowhunter Academy and The Bane Chronicles. I just love the story and I am attached to the characters a lot. My favorite series in this so far is probably The Dark Artifices though.

For a book not in a series, it is either Simon vs. the Homo Sapien Agenda or The Fault in Our Stars

Harry Potter will always be the best series for me ;-; Started it in second grade and still reading it now.

the last series i finished was the underland chronicles and i absolutely loved it it follows this boy named gregor on his discovery of a hidden world under the surface and there's talking bats,lightening bugs that are huge, and rats the whole thing is well planned out and just addicting

Always a hard question, but that's okay, I'll just give y'all a list.

The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer: No words. Just too awesome. It's outside the box and the type of dystopia where the enemy is not the government (so not overplayed).
The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater: I love her in general. Her writing is superb, spectacular, splendid, other adjectives that start with "s." The characters in this series are so amazing and complex, I could not put these books down at any point. And when I did...it was because I had school.
The Ruby Oliver novels by E. Lockhart: I mostly love how relatable this series is. The teenage protagonist is basically me blown out of proportion and I loved every second of it. If she was real, we'd be the best of friends.
Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan: Need I go on?
Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling and Warriors by Erin Hunter: I don't think I need to explain how important these are.
The Naturals series by Jessica Lynn Barnes: Criminal Minds as teenagers? HECK YES. This series was a wild ride. I'm glad I stayed on it.
The Blood of Eden saga by Julie Kagawa: Another dystopian world where the society is kept intact. It sucks, yeah, but the government isn't to blame. Also great characters and writing.

Okay, I gotta stop now before I name my entire library.

Harry Potter, without a doubt. There are better written series out there with better plots, better villains, and better character development, but as a lonely kid growing up in the English countryside with just me, my library, and my imagination, I was enchanted by the magical world of Hogwarts, and it hasn't let go to this day.

Oh I love anything related to the Erin Hunter group

And uh my favorite book is probably...
hmm
Homeland by R. A. Salvatore

Too many to narrow down to just a top pick. I think my most recent favorite is the Imperial Radch series by Ann Leckie.

Haven't finished the entire series just yet but Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time is definitely my favorite thus far.

The Wheel of Time series is pretty good and has yet to let me down. I need to get through Lord of Chaos and go onward to the next book. I also might try expanding outward into the Culture book series but none of those are really connected, but Hydrogen Sonata was interesting none the less. I would consider getting into more sci-fi books in the future.

Ender's Game has been a favorite of mine for a long time now. Just the first one, not the rest of the series.

My newest favorite is Sometimes I Lie! Suuuuuch a good one

Discworld series by Terry Pratchett is definitely my favourite series of all time. It is just so unique. I read it all. I can't even pick a favorite book because I like all of them.

I also like Dragonlance series but not all books. Dragons of Autumn Twilight is probably my favourite book in the cycle.

The Witcher series. I used to like the books before it got so popular xD

My favorite series is called "The Fallen", if I remember it correctly. It's about Lucifer, demons, Angels, and Nephilims (Angel/human hybrid).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back