Literature Favorite Book/Series

The Maximum Ride series by James Patterson is the only series where I bought/was gifted every book as it came out. Still holds up in my opinion.

Harry Potter
The Children of the Red King
Animorphs
Ramona Quimby series
Junie B Jones series
Peter and the Starcatchers

SERIOUSLY I love books. I can go on forever. But unfortunately some of my favorite books are one offs or discontinued rip.

I would have to go with the Percy Jackson series. I was so invested in every character, sucks that I haven't finished the last book.

The Hunger Games. I have yet to find another series that pulled me in and emotionally destroyed me quite as much as the Hunger Games did.

The Cirque du Freak/Darren Shan saga was what got me into reading so it’s an eternal favourite series.

*unravels scroll* we’re gonna be here a while

i was HUGE into warrior cats as a kid, not so much anymore
same with percy jackson and harry potter (though i do still very much love hp)
oh man the junie b. jones series was my SHIT i owned all the books up until i think the “first grader” one where she loses a tooth

now, as an adult with minimal training, i’m super into the outlander series, the illuminae series, the book thief, the graveyard book (especially the graphic novel), hatchet, the virals series, and the monument 14 series
i also really like the kinds of books with stories written by several authors, such as “slasher girls and monster boys”

Last edited:
The Lord of the Rings by far but I also thoroughly enjoy the Jack Reacher series, and in my youth really like the Hardy Boys and Nacy Drew books

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Okay if I had to go favorite book series that I've read within the last 2 years it would, hands down, have to be the Captive Prince Trilogy. A total surprise and wondrous delight I never expected to be as good as it was and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for some good gay fiction. It was such a page turner, I could not put it down, I rushed to get all three books and the short stories. I was enthralled and screaming and excited for every new chapter. Seriously such a delight, but I won't lie the first book had me uncertain, but oh boy trust me and all the screaming people out there it is SO WORTH THE READ. Did not regret it, 14/10 would recommend!

I'd start with The Gentle Creature by Dostoyevsky and continue to Man in the High Castle by Philip.K.Dick. That's as to individual books. My personal favourite series must be Chronicles of the Black Company by Glen Cook.

My favorite series are Harry Potter and also the Percy Jackson books! As for individual books I like The Great Gatsby, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, and Carry On!

Throne of Glass and A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas are some of my favourites. My favourite book series in general has got to be Sanctuary by Robert J Crane, it's such an incredible action-packed series I'm surprised it isn't more well known!

Oh...this is so hard. I have me a few. I suppose, as far as series goes, Warriors still holds a special place in my heart. Maybe just for modern novels in general, that would be my favorite. Going back, I should probably go ahead and list To Kill a Mockingbird and Chronicles of Narnia, since I voted for those two in the Great American Read PBS thing. As far as others...let's go for a short list:

Watership Down
Till We Have Faces
Around the World in 80 Days
Sherlock Holmes
The Help
Mark of the Lion trilogy

...and, I don't even know, there's more, believe me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back