Video Games Fav RPG?

I wish I could choose just one but I have so many. There's Final Fantasy XV, Tales of Berseria, Xenogears, Chrono Cross+Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy X....

450px-Rpg-7-1-.jpg

In all seriousness, Fallout. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it yet.

Oddly enough, the Diablo series still strikes a happy chord with me. The simplicity of click 2 smash is grand! For more in depth series, the crown definitely goes to the Final Fantasy series! Fell in love with those way back in the 90's and the love has remained strong.

Final Fantasy X or Dragon Age Inquisition, it's a tie really.

Tales of Vesperia by far. I love the characters and themes, even though as many games do it sends you meandering all over the place.

(Though Golden Sun is underrated imo. Or maybe just too old for it to hit most folks' top tier list :P )

I have to say world of wacraft. Pretty much grew up with it, and most of the games I've played since really didn't live up to it. Doesn't help that I pretty much only play free-to-play games nowadays though.

Because it's a childhood favorite, Dark Cloud. But I love The Elderscrolls: Oblivion & Skyrim so gotdang much.

Edit: Games I wish I loved more: Earthbound & Chrono Trigger. Beautiful games with great music and aesthetics. Just couldn't get into them because of game mechanics.

Would have to go with Mass Effect, 2 specifically, but Dragon Age: Inquisition is a close second, which is an unpopular opinion I have discovered.

Skies of Arcadia. Not that length dictates quality, but at a good 125 hours (main and side quests) that's a god damn adventure. Anybody who likes turn-based JRPGs should at the very least check out some game play.

Bloodborne. Tales of The Abyss. Tales of Berseria. Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. Dark Souls.
That's all this tired brain can think of.

Xenogears

9dbe27f370e7e4680e0c535c225314a0.gif

Xenogears, all day long. No contest. Best story line in gaming history.

Some honorable mentions would be SaGa Frontier, FF7, really any FF before 9, when they went to complete and utter shit.

EDIT: Also, Fallout is a shooter with RPG elements. You kids have no idea what a real RPG is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back