• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fate's Rebirth, Civilization's Last Stand (IC)

The animunculi far above had been observing and thinking of what to do, they would need to find decent locations to mine for metals, which were easier to change into what they needed over thing like solid and biological matter. Then there was the matter of the beings below them and interacting with them, something they had never been good at, first they needed to pick of decent form to do so as right now they could tell they were being targeted though int heir current state directed weapons would do little. the population had many humanoids so that would be the bets form, still not all woudl assume that shape right now.

Above the groups many of the small machines combined into large masses before turning into what looked like metal birds which soon took off moved in opposite directions. They were going off to scout around for what the animnculi wanted not really concerned with the others, if only because they didn't think of such things as their concern had always been themselves and change was not something she machines were well adapted for. The rest of the tiny machines gathered up and descended to the ground and rapidly formed humanoid figures seemingly made of mercury five in total all that was left of the machines that had outlasted worlds. The lead of the machine slooked to those that had just before been poitngin weapons to the sky a little confused as to why they had.

" Did you forget we were on board?" She asked her voice oddly human for a machine even having correct emotions for confusion over many monotone Ai.

Mother was slightly confused at the fact the older human did not seem to respond, but her attention was diverted when a man had, rather calmly yet loudly, told them to find cover. Of course she was still rather confused. That was until one of the medics pointed to the sky and shouted "Look! up there!". Mother turned her head up quickly, the gyros and mechanisms in her neck making audible movements.

She, much like the scientist ,was interested in the swarms behavior. At this point the King has told the revolutionaries to take cover. They had done so using pieces of wreckage from the ship, while mother stayed looking, she did not see it as an immediate threat. Mother walked over to the scientist, standing next to him and leaning her cold, metallic head over to him. "Whats your synopsis?" she asked, once again turning back to the swarm.
Hazeron Hazeron

KindlyPlagueDoctor KindlyPlagueDoctor Karcen Karcen
The mercenaries let Mother pass, sparing her a quick glance before turning their attention back to the Animunculi. Even though the swarm had transformed into several humanoid figures and appeared peaceful, their guns were still trained on them. Their faces were blank, the only hint of thei worry being their eyes.

Bean turned to address Mother, her robotic form catching him off guard. He quickly recovered, and went to answer her (slightly confused at her choice of words). "They appear to be mechanical in nature, as well as connected to some sort of...communications grid, I'd call it. The synchronization of their flight was too perfect for organic creatures that aren't connected in some way." He watched as they changed into a mimicry of the human form. "They are most assuredly some form of hyper advanced nano-technology. More advanced than anything I've ever seen or heard of, anyways." The doctor seemed to remember something, and turned suddenly to Mother. "Have we introduced ourselves? My name is Professor Bean." He stuck his hand out to her, ready to accept a handshake.

"Fascinating, sir. A type of hive mind or network" She said. The thought of this man thinking that the swarm was the most advanced thing he had laid eyes upon entertained her, she wondered if he had ever met an AI like herself. This swarm was interesting, something to be studied. "They are certainly interesting, unless they are a threat to my children, then they must be destroyed" she said, once again turning to the man.

"Greetings, Professor Bean. I am Mother" She outstretched her hand and shook the doctors hand firmly, her hand was cold, metallic but still it wasn't a hard grip. She pointed to one of the children who was taking cover "And that is King Archimedes" she said, pointing to the boy in the wide brimmed hat. He waved from a distance "Hiya!" he yelled across to the Professor. Mothers eyes scanned the man up and down, looking for threats and weaknesses alike.
Hazeron Hazeron Karcen Karcen

{Outside the colony ship}

The beating sun tingled on the back, the heat itself appeared in waves in the atmosphere. An extremely uncomfortable one hundred and ten degree wave of heat swept across the plains. The sweat evaporating on the bodies themselves. The whispers of the wind gazing down as reminders of the heat above. Dots of sand floating through, the bits bursting apart quite frequently. Mikhail gazed at the new humanoid swarm creatures, she turned her head softly before hoping down the smaller craft. Multiple colonists had peaked from behind the ship.

"Hello there, who may you be? Most people honestly don't know who was on board, the man with access to the list is in the ship again. Pnelis, what was that about?"

Pnelis rubbed his eyes, "He didn't say, something about someone trapped on the ship. Must be an Ulnarian, they wouldn't show up on our sensors since the ship is toast." He rubbed the back of his black hair, "Anyway, I'm picking up on multiple beacons to the east, the data should be transferred soon."

"Good, we're about to get a sandstorm. I can feel it." From the side of the ship, a large boom came out. Bright, lights, highlights of powered armor beckoned through the smoke. Blond hair flapped momentarily before Alanus appeared with another suit under his arm. Pnelis swiftly ran to Alanus.

"Who the hell is this?" Pnelis grabbed hold of the suit as Alanus landed.

"Cornith." Pnelis went eye-wide, "He also has valuable data on him. Stole a fighter jet, crashed it into dock from the front-lines. However, its encrypted. The thing will take some time to decipher. I know Pnelis, you're in shock that I would be in on something like this."

Pnelis raised his hand to point at Alanus, his eyes furrowed. The skin on his cheeks rolled up, his body stiffened. Redness consumed his face, "Why?! How dare you defile the tenets of our people in time of great stress. You used the shadow to save your kin! I left brothers to die on Ulnar, they died giving us a chance. Some died because they weren't lucky. And you almost compromised our entire escape from it. Your brother shouldn't be here. How the hell do you know that he doesn't work for that thing. He should be executed, we can't have him here. Our people spent time, effort, and resources to check the colonists on the ships we prepared. We're all clean, but what if he isn't." Pnelis turned to the others. He held out his hand.

"There are people here who lost love ones because we didn't have space, that we couldn't support another man. An engineering impossibility. You fucking sneak your damn brother on this ship. I trusted that you would be the honor of our people. That you would lead the legacy our people hoped for. Now, I think you're throwing it the fuck away." Alanus paused, shaking his head. Releasing the helmet below him, letting spotty white-ash hair flow over a soft, delicate face. On the side of his head was a triangular implant, to replace the mind shields others carried. Glowing, omniously. A swirl of shadowy essence flowed around the implant, bursting and fading slowly. A soft tag laid on the top of the implant. Multiple Ulnarian solders gathered around the center. Some of them fixed themselves on either side.

"The data we have will be more than worth the risk. And he is clean Pnelis, as you can see by this implant."

"Which you stole, I can see the experiment tag of the fuckin' thing. Data? Like you just said, the thing won't be around for a while. That data's useless."

Alanus sighed, "I didn't sneak Cornith aboard because he's my brother. Though, honestly, fuck the accords. I would have done it anyway. You want to know what good reason I have? How many pilots can dance with that devil, dodge the living shit out of it, and make it out alive. Not many. This brother of mine is worth his weight in gold. Skilled in fleet management, ship command, elite forces trained, and the list goes on. He is more than you'll ever be. He was the second person to manage this bold endeavor, after me. And fuck the Illnun, there was no democracy. They tore our parents from us, they rigged the elections, they took everything from us. Cornith is everything I had." Alanus paused.

"I am the man that was leading the coup on our government, I stand as a rebel for liberty. You better wake the fuck up. Or I will put you out of your misery." Pnelis unholstered his gun.

"Try my bitch!" The other men raised their guns. Multiple of the Ulnarians pointed at one another, choosing sides, "You have no proof that the thing works, or that they did anything. You're lying to fool these people."

Mikhail drop kicked both of them, "Shut up you imbeciles. You will listen to me. No one is getting violent. We got a sandstorm incoming, we need to pack things up and go!" The guns were pointed at her, her people returning the threat. Multiple groups of colonists raised their guns, picked up scraps, starting to point at various sides of the confrontation. Alanus and Pnelis stood back up; Alanus checking Cornith. Cornith, quite easily unconscious. "Now just get the things in bags or whatever and get out of here. The heat is killing people over here. Most of them are not made for this. Come on."

OOC
Oh dear, people are getting a little angry aren't they? Good job guys on getting in the groove. A new faction will be popping up soon.

Kilokhal's Scouting
Petroshka Petroshka

As Kilokhal approached the left patch, a soft, large creature laid just out of the patch of plants. The fog prevented a clear view of the being as it wandered a in a circle around a particular plant. A small glowing bulb plant. Blue, fuzzy plants crushed underneath their feet, the tail of the beast laid mired in purple spikes. Spikes curling over itself constantly, the main body couldn't be majorly discerned. Tall, bubble body with some glimmer to it. The head was long as a wolf's snout and the eyes covered most of the face. It turned to Kilokhal's direction, looking around for him. It sensed his movement, but not much where. Multiple of the creatures appeared on his HUD ahead. Nothing else, not a soul, not a small fauna. Nothing. As he slowly approached the beasts, the body bubbled, constantly moving as a baby kicking at it's mother's belly. But much, much harder. The humps of feet could be seen, punching through the body. On the neck, the beast held a small bite scar as Kilokhal approached, still much in the plants.

Suddenly, the beasts stopped, fell to the ground until a loud roar ringed through the air. It sounded maybe like an explosion or a weird animal call. A couple seconds later, the beast's bodies bursted in green blood. A skeleton-looking, razor body being jumped out of the body. With four impaling tails, long spiky horns reaching to the knees of the being. Multiple gigantic scales covered the body, extruding out of the profile as over-dramatic cuffs on a superhero suit from the 80's. They begin to walk towards him, not really aiming for him. The tails spread out. Kilokhal will collide with them if he doesn't move. However, they seem that they will find him if he moves too loudly.

KindlyPlagueDoctor KindlyPlagueDoctor Zaltusinel Zaltusinel Karcen Karcen
Doctor Bean returned Mother's handshake with equal firmness. With a small grin, he said "It's a pleasure to meet you. The tall man behind me is John Byun." He pointed at the silent mercenary, who was aiming a gun at the altercation between Pnelis and Alanus. "The other men are part of my security detail." Several of the men nodded appreciatively at her vow to destroy the swarm if it was a threat, impressed with her resolve to protect her charges. Bean waved in response to Archimedes' greeting, yelling back "Hullo there, Archimedes!"

Much like a string bean, Doctor Bean was quite skinny and short, especially compared to the men in his security detail. He had a thick but well groomed gray beard, focused on his chin and stretching up to his lips. However, the sides of his face were clean shaven. Small wrinkles ran from his cheeks to his eyes, and he had long gray hair done into a rough comb over. He was wearing a gray jacket over a orange-red sweater vest, a button up white shirt peeking over the collar of the vest. A hint of sweat seemed to be starting to form on his forehead. He looked absolutely harmless, and wouldn't be out of place reading books by the fireplace.

KiloKhal peered down into the darkness but stopped as he found head signatures, switching to normal visual sensors he watched the beasts who seemed that they could not see him. "shit," he uttered under his helmet. He jerked upward looking at where the strange roar engulfed the hole he was venturing down in searching for what exactly produced the noise, but his vision turned back to the beasts as they exploded. "what the fuck?!" he pointed his SMG at the new creature now walking at him but he quickly walked backwards up the sinkhole. What should he do?! the creature was obviously dangerous but it mightve tried to help him? at this point his gun was shaking but he stopped aiming the gun at him. So be it, if it tried to do anything hostile to him he could just teleport away from it. Stepping to the side since what the creature seemed to be passing by him he watched it closely
Zaltusinel Zaltusinel

Mother nodded to Doctor Bean, her eyes scanning him over again. "Human male, elderly and in good health. Not in need of aid" she said, her motherly voice was oddly monotone yet calm. She turned her head towards the guards, scanning them over. "Humans, young to middle aged, healthy, Not in need of aid" she said, once again turning her attention to John Byun. "Human male, young, healt-" she stopped, turning back to Doctor Bean.

"I apologize. it was rude of me to openly examine your men." she said "I assure you, if i could blush in embarrassment, i would" she said, giving an ever so slightly out of character giggle.

Hazeron Hazeron

-Kikokhal's Scouting-
Petroshka Petroshka

Eyes, eyes faced Kikokhal as he stepped aside. Haunting glows in the eyes lingered as the beasts stepped towards him. The light grasses brushed aside quickly as the four protruding tails rose to Kikokhal's eye level. The protruding scales lifted up, revealing a oozy, charred miasma of flesh. The horns, bent back over the head into holes inside the back of the creature. The head itself, felt triangular and mystifying. The light reflected off the beast oddly, breaking multiple laws of reflection. A streak of red liquid coursed down the back of the head and "spine", while seemingly passive, the slightest touch on the nearest plant caused it to perk up and combust a moment or two later. Dusty air wrapped around the scene, the sinkhole laid just behind Kikokhal. The beasts crouched at the sight of the SMG. They grabbed nearby hardened plant matter to shield their bodies. On the torsos of a couple of the beasts, there was multiple small holes. Clean, precise, eerily perfect. The lead one, crimson as dread and faintly iridescent in the eyes stopped just short of Kikokhal. The eight-fingered hand/manifestation of flesh faced down in some sort of gesture, recognizable from the old world. Rising slowly, the lead positioned itself with tails in an X-formation and both arms outstretched. The others subdued the fire and ventured into the forest. Scratching sounds echoed throughout the forest, nothing's speaking. Kikokhal's ears tickled at the edge of his hearing...

"Maybe because their sleeping, a very long sleep," Soft chuckles, very fast. Very close, very far away, "... thoughts remain here forever..." The voice, tender yet alien. Old, very old in accent. The remaining beast in front of you leaned over onto the ground, drawing a pattern in the ground with their tails. A rough, curvy symbol with multiple interconnecting lines. The symbol almost eerily a rune. The lead stepped slowly to the direction of the colony ship. He stood up and released his horns.

"Y...o...u r...e..t...u...rn" Sounds dotted, the voice box of the creature extremely lacking in capabilities to speak traditional language. Glassy, compartments on the hands blinked in light rhythmically. To sensors, small quantities of radiation beaconed out of the compartment. The beast pointed to where Kikokhal entered, "G...o.." Quickly, the beast swiped up dirt and sprinted into the forest. Everything still, quiet, and calm; a period of nothingness followed. The "rune" laid on the ground. A fuzzy, terror feeling seeped out of the clearing. A voice spoke again, just audible to Kikokhal.

"The platforms are natural, wonderful flora here huh?"

"Don't get ahead of yourself now, we need to be patient." Another, much deeper.

"Oh yes, they'll never know." The original.

[The Pattern/Rune]
Untitled.png
{Made in Paint, excuse the low quality}

-Back at the Colony Ship-

Alanus stood tall in the face of Pnelis, neither moved. The casual conversations around them seemed to calm them down, at least not to slit their necks. More and more dust began to enter the air and ambient light crashed through the floor. Darkness sinked into the area. Multiple groups of colonists picked up the metal shelters and ran to the forests. Pnelis clenched his fist but pointed his hand to the forest. Alanus nodded. His right shoulder picked up Corinth. Multiple beeps on his map picked up. Four to the east, five in various places north, three west, and one directly in the forest, deep underground. Multiple beacons had yet to be placed, yet they all reported to be farther away than the others already placed. Alanus quietly walked over to the Doctor Bean and Mother.

"Greetings, sorry for the ruckus. It won't end now, we'll let the.... show continue in a safer zone of operation. Gather your things quickly. We can come back later. I'll review sites for our new home shortly." He smiled quietly, looking over to his brother in extreme love. Corinth only breathed, his suit seemed to lock up continuously around the legs. Multiple impact dents and various on the torso of the armor. Alanus lifted his other arm to hoist Cornith's shoulders up and carried him to the forest. "Also madam Vasmir, I'm sorry for putting you off. It says on the manifest that your people brought on extra suits? We happened to grab those, so I can give those to you once we reach the forest. And also for our esteemed leaders, I will check inventory and process items given by my people and other items you provided for yourself."

Hazeron Hazeron KindlyPlagueDoctor KindlyPlagueDoctor Karcen Karcen
Note: OOC text seems to be hidden like spoilers, to view OOC material just highlight the bar(s)
OOC
Sandstorm coming in, Colony placement soon. Get ready to build!

Zaltusinel Zaltusinel KindlyPlagueDoctor KindlyPlagueDoctor
Doctor Bean looked at Alanus and said "Wouldn't it be wise to take shelter in the ships and wait out the storm?" The men around him nodded in assent, and the silent mercenary added onto that. "I doubt the...children could walk faster than the storm." The group appeared concerned, many of them focusing on the rapidly approaching storm. One of the un-named mercenaries, a dark skinned fellow, spoke up. "I've seen those things strip off skin. Don't want to get caught up in it."

Doctor Bean turned towards Mother, and gave a light, awkward laugh. "It's okay, ma'am. Would you and your charges like to take shelter with us, during the duration of the storm?"

The animuculi were a little confused they had been told they had been forgotten then they had been again left, well it didn't matter they had work to do. They didn't really care about the storm coming, their bodies should be able to handle the harsh winds and they had work to do. The ship was crashed but that did not mean it was useless, the others already tore at it to make simple shelters, the Animunculi could do better.

" We will start to decostruct the ship " The prime designate said having been the only one willing to speak to others, while the other 4 where more like silent clones of her.

The Animuculi didn't really wait for confirmation they wanted to get to their work storm be damned. they could start inside with the machines tearing up the guts of the ship before the outside and churning out nanites that could be made into housing and the spare into energy. The four that were around the prime dispersed turning into swarms and rushing off to the ship to being their work. To them they needed a plan and were reverting to their old functions, they would build their master's works and make the world like one of their old worlds. that was their plan for now at least a simply action in the face of the unknown they fell back into what they knew.

" Depending on the storm's length we should have extracted enough to make some housing" The prime said trying to get along with the others though it was clear she would likely not listen to them.

Mother listened in on the men's words, paying close attention to them. "True, we may be unable to outrun the storm" she said, looking at the storm, her eyes zooming in on it "Yes, i would have no trouble believing it could strip flesh from bone.." she said focusing on the storm.

She turned back to the Doctor "I would appreciate if you would provide shelter for them, Doctor. In return i would be happy to supply medical supplies" She bowed her cable haired head "Where do we intent to set up shelter?" she asked the doctor.

Hazeron Hazeron

KindlyPlagueDoctor KindlyPlagueDoctor
Bean glanced at the silent mercenary, who gave a short nod. Smiling, Bean said "That would be acceptable. We could do with some immune boosters, if you have those available." He turned towards the inner airlock door, responding to her question with a short "In there." He paused for a second, than explained. "The hull will certainly stand up to the storm, and we have adequate air filtration that we can wait it out." Without waiting for her to answer, he said "Mister Byun, would you please escort everyone inside?" He gave a short nod and sent his men over to the children and robots, who began to try and herd them over to the airlock. The silent mercenary (who was apparently named 'Byun') walked up to an intercom on the inside of the airlock and began whispering into it, glancing up at a camera mounted on the corner of the ceiling.

Colony Ship

Alanus nodded, he scanned the horizon quickly. "Understood, while it may be better to stay completely together. Occurrences may have prevented a true evacuation. Careful, local fauna around here are unknown. May fate treat you well. Oh, and before I go, here is a panel that will show my location so you can rendezvous with us after the storm. We do not intent to go too far. Many colonists advocated for scraping the ship and using the material to give starts to shelters." He sighed for a moment. "It may seem illogical to go, yet our life here will only get harder if we fail to use our technology to our advance. And fast." He bows softly, walking straight to the forest.

Hazeron Hazeron Karcen Karcen KindlyPlagueDoctor KindlyPlagueDoctor
Forest Site.
1517546663076.png The large amount of colonists arrived at the site of the sinkhole as the storm enclosed on the colony ship. The silence was sustained, the lush yet arid flora dipped and swayed over the giant redwood trees, the natural basins, or platform structures high above the ground. The Ulnarians had reached the edge of the sinkhole, placing a soft electronic marker. Pnelis watched Alanus relieve one of his men of Corinth. Corinth much passed out only flopped in his others arms. The armor flickering of power, green light faint on power. Human colonists started to unpack their supplies from their hover cart. Multiple crates of food, seeds, building materials, and some basic tools. They assembled together to take a moderate section of the clearing to lay down a liquid metal material, hardening into a metal tile floor. They laid beams over the edges, spacing six feet apart. Pnelis marched over, observing the construction. His gaze turned to the main builder who he questioned incessantly. Various crates were smashed open to reveal various supplies, various structures were outlined. Multiple styles of construction had begun. By the evening, a center laid planned on the ground. The Ulnarians fastened an anchor on each side of the clearing. The way down the sinkhole remained. Even the colonists' attempts to cover the clearing was somewhat ineffective. There were quite a bit of space around the clearing.

Alanus checked in the fringe groups that filtered back into the main group. Their beacons remained outside for reference. Multiple drones began to buzz around and harvest the saplings of the redwoods. With the plant material coming in, the inside was a hardened gooey texture and the bark was hard as stone. The wood had no sort of blood, yet the tint of the flesh of the redwoods was violet. Multiple colonists started to carve sculptures out of the wood, placing the largest pieces in particular places along the "streets". Alanus stood some distance from the sinkhole as he began to record and develop a zoning structure for the colony. He handed a device to Mikhail to govern the process of nominating names of streets and sort. Behind him, a hand laid on his left shoulder.

"So you're awake now?" Alanus whispered.

"Of course, how much hell did you go through?" Corinth wobbled slightly, holding his head softly. The implant glowed slight, occasionally flickering. His hair flopped down over his face

Alanus growled, "Oh Pnelis is one of those brainwashed individuals. Those sexual intellectuals. Pfff... what you find out?"

"Its still fuzzy at little, I still have it inside of me. However, I know one thing. Not everything is engulfed in shadow to become a slave, our scanners cannot detect them. One at least is among us. Their power, their gift from the Shadow is what I fear. However, that shouldn't be an issue for some time.... I should thank you Alanus, for saving me."

"Not a nick in my armor brother. I'll keep scanning for the hiding minion." Corinth nodded. Alanus waited patiently, waving his hand at Vasmir occasionally.

Last edited:
"We have a variety of medical items available, should you need anything, please ask our doctors" she said, gesturing to some of the "children" who where dressed in medical attire "If urgent treatment is needed then please ask the medical droids." she said in her same calm tone as she walked with them into the ships. "I do hope we can reach a mutual agreement that will benefit both our peoples in the near future" she said, looking at the doctor "Also, if any danger should prevent itself while we are in the ship, you may take cover behind our sanctuary device"

Hazeron Hazeron Zaltusinel Zaltusinel

KindlyPlagueDoctor KindlyPlagueDoctor
Dr.Bean smiled, and said "Any help would be appreciated, especially in times like this." Byun backed away from the intercom as the inner door began to open, which seemed to trigger a flashing orange light set in the ceiling and an alarm to go off. The room beyond was somewhat spacious, containing several crates and what was clearly emergency equipment, as well as a smell section closed off with opaque plastic sheeting marked with a bio hazard symbol. A smaller airlock lead into that section, which was currently closed. Directly across from the primary airlock doors was a heavy steel door with small windows along the center. The ground was a mixture of plain metal panels and grating. Assorted wires and pipes could be seen snaking under the grating. The walls were much the same; plain, with pipes and warning signs being a common sight. Tubular halogen lights mounted in strong cases to the wall provided illumination. Bean walked in, his feet lightly rattling the grating. "This is the first response room. It's to insulate the EVA storage room from the airlock, in case the airlock malfunctions. If that happens, we still have access to anything we need for hostile environments." Doctor Bean briefly paused after his little introduction, before continuing onward to the armored door. He looked up at a camera in the corner of the room and gestured towards the door, which soon opened to reveal another airlock. Like before, the inner door opened up without the outer door closing, letting the entire group move as one.

The next room was much as the same as the first room, except for the rows of spacesuits set alongside one wall on a rack, and racks of assorted cylinders alongside the opposite wall. Several boxes and crates were also set up around the room, all sealed and neatly organized. Besides the suit racks were a row of what appeared to be battery chargers. A mixture of halogen light tubes set on the wall and ceiling provided the room with ample light. "This is the EVA storage area. All of our extra vehicular equipment is stored here." He continued to walk towards a door smaller and less armored than the previous four, a steady green light shining from the top. He started to poke at a panel set next to it, turning around to the group to gauge their reactions.

"And we are always happy to help in the fields of medicine" she stated with a firm and somewhat proud tone. Mother followed them in, scanning the room to make note of any immediate threats. Once she was confident there where none she continued following her hosts. Making sure her children where following her close behind. Her metallic feet in tandem with the large patter of the revolutionaries made a rather loud clatter across the grates and causing other wires to clatter around.

When they reached the EVA storage room she once again scanned it "We must be sure all this is sterile to ensure the highest quality of medicinal safety" she stated before continuing to follow them.

Hazeron Hazeron

Forest Site - Colony Alpha

The sand covered over the tops of the redwoods, blurring back and forth over the trees. The storm screamed softly in the background, the redwoods barely moved, their titanic size immune to its cries. Some colonists began to set up structures along the natural platforms of the trees, Staking into the tree, a string of makeshift pavilions was made, basic cloth tarps, and some makeshift nano-weave rope to hold it together. Multiple Kinjya hoisted over a large connection of branches, interlacing rope together before pouring a Ulnarian box that filled over the interlaced ropes, creating a floor amongst the spaces of the large branches. Mikhail draped over a ladder so others could enter the second level of the colony. Colonists shredded smaller branches of the redwood, knifing off the bark to use as small pieces for flooring. The particular craftsman were cutting out the pieces of bark to lace various roadways using sticky resin found from alien flora. Drones hovered back and forth as they carried supplies in various places, people setting up skeletons of structures and beginning on the walls.

On the second level, most structures were not houses, mostly future shops and businesses that could be useful at some other time. Pnelis and Alanus strolled around the second level, avoiding one another until they met at the Kinjya platform. Various ones were carving out scriptures and art upon the trees, others were setting up Mikhail's office and developing an armory for the Kinjya. The layout of the platform was majorly up in the air, but Mikhail honestly haven't made up her mind. Her tails flared up as she noticed Alanus and Pnelis ruffing each other off. Mikhail rolled her eyes, directing her two swordmen to place shelves in the center of the room. Alanus approached her softly.

"A lot of the naming is coming okay, we'll need to wait for commons before we get to crazy with everything."

'Right, go ahead and wait. I am looking for experts in economics to be the heads of our council of commerce, then we'll have an election for who. I various personnel interviewing various people for candidates. Hopefully those who stayed back to shelter the storm there will arrive soon." Alanus brushed through his hair as he looked around for a moment.

"I can't help you in that regard, but the storm should let up soon. It becomes fainter and fainter to hear. Zoning must be fun."

"Yeah... not terrible. Everything seems to be moving fine. The sinkhole is barred off for now. Some of the privates have reported something knocking on the barrier, but sensors report nothing."

"Hmmm... I wonder, we should ask everyone for what they have found."

"Maybe, I'll see on election night."
------
Colony Ship(s)
KindlyPlagueDoctor KindlyPlagueDoctor Petroshka Petroshka Hazeron Hazeron Karcen Karcen C Cerritulus

1518820754705.png

Three hours after the beginning, the storm ended. The swirling cloud hanged over the forest a while longer before dispersing. However, it proved no threat over the redwoods. The Animuculi had salvaged the remains of the main colony ship. From the storm, various scraps, parts, and metal scattered over the sands. Either from the crash as the ship was picked apart in orbit or metal from somewhere else. Regardless, the storm had passed. Time to move, it will surely arrive again. In the distance, a silhouette danced over the dunes. More and more appeared, but they dare not to approach. Kilokhal faintly could make something out of them. A large mesa arrived from the other side, peaking out over the horizon along with the local mountains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back