• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fate's Rebirth, Civilization's Last Stand (Always Open)

Zaltusinel

Novelist and Word Whisperer
Premise:

Destiny shattered in an instant. The highway of life stabbed hundreds of times. Choices run thin, the very frames of worlds shiver in fear. Fires across the civilizations of the known universe, mad kings slaughtering with eternal blindness, democracies falling into the impossible corruptions; the apocalypse riding at the back of Death. No political, technological, or military power can save us now. Worlds split, fleets tossed around in ever circles. Not a shard of memory distinguishable from the sound of screams. The beginning started five months ago, it started as a shadow. Not matter, not energy; its existence baffled all. Not that it mattered, the few who ever laid eyes on it have perished in ways none could have imagined.

The Great Sciayn Empires fell, the Antrim Theocracy imploded. Panic ripped all apart, families desperately held together in hopes of the last shard of their lives staying together. One fortress stood against the wave, one planet in all of the supercluster held out. The Bashéir Conglomerate's capital world of Ulnar faced the entity alone. The being that wiped the fleets as toys. Somehow it stayed alive, but the grip on this world faded. Ulnar will fail, civilization will die. Or would it?

That's when the brave stepped forward, the races of the supercluster summoned their strengths to make one last attempt. Ulnar began to shatter, so little time they had. They know little can come with them, little could see the breath of the universe in unending glory. The dream came before their lives. Sacrifices were made to make this world. To continue, blood must be shed. All corners of the supercluster met on Ulnar, planning the Attempt. They gathered as many ships as possible, using every ship not needed against the entity to transport as many as possible. A gamble that any would survive, but some did.

Bursts, fighters colliding with the entity to distract it. Drives humming to life as the Attempt continued. It spoke, crushing ships in tentacle manifestations. The few who studied the entity relayed it to the ship's database, so those who made it to the destination would always remember what destroyed their lives. Their families. Everything.

Once they arrive at the coordinates of a cluster very far away from the entity, how will they survive and give life to Fate? When it comes to them again, will they be ready?
------

Hello! Fate's Rebirth, Civilization's Last Stand is a faction-based colony roleplay set in the distant future where the old world has been destroyed. Science-fiction, cooperation, competition, and survival only scratch the surface of what's in store. Players will control a group of people(where most will be represented by a couple of characters created by the player). The races themselves will be created by the player. Various mechanics such as population growth, political clout with the general public, and other statistics are also included. (Don't worry, all you do is keep track of what you got. I got the rest.) I myself will not be participating as a faction, focusing on NPCs and the plot itself.

My Expectations:

Solid posts: Good grammar, moves the plot, develops characters, creates developments, etc. I would recommend at least a paragraph. But I am laid-back about it, please put effort. All I ask.

Tracking your resources: Self-explanatory. Makes my life easier.

I expect to start with 6 PCs.

Characterization: I ask that you get into the factions and characters you create. At the beginning, slowly flesh out your characters and deeply portray them. I would prefer third person limited as the point of view, but you can have a first person or flip-flop. Whatever is comfortable.

Activity: Try to be active as you can, at least two posts a week. However, let me know if something comes up. I'll work with you. So don't sweat if something comes up.

Diversity: While I will never expect you to get extremely creative, I highly encourage it. I often reward my players for their effort.

Things That Are Perfectly Okay:

Developing plots and stories with other players (Please Do!)

Making NPCs as needed. Let's say your character walks into a bar run by your faction, make the bartender, the supplier, whomever. There are many instances where I will let you play as NPCs related to your faction. (Just keep it related to your faction directly, you have a good group of people. There's a lot of room here for cool scenes.)

Asking questions, need more information on the setting, what happened etc? Always ask, I do not mind at all.

Asking for Help, always here for ya!

Instructions For Interest:

I expect to have CSs and stuff soon (2-3 days). Indicate interest and the general theme of your faction. Think about what it is good at, bad at, where they come from etc. It helps me ease the process of accepting CSs.

Thanks!

Zaltusinel.

I'm impressed. It looks very player friendly, with plenty of creative opportunity, yet with the promise of a dedicated & assertive GM. That's a wonderful balance and a rare find imo.

Unfortunately I'm already participating in a quality nation builder atm and I suspect I shouldn't extend myself further. So much potential though...

I'm impressed. It looks very player friendly, with plenty of creative opportunity, yet with the promise of a dedicated & assertive GM. That's a wonderful balance and a rare find imo.

Unfortunately I'm already participating in a quality nation builder atm and I suspect I shouldn't extend myself further. So much potential though...
Join us. Thrive. (Okay the FS deadline is tommrow so that would be a bad idea.)

I appreciate the alert Frank Frank but I just started shaping up my own fantasy setting and it's taking up most of my RP time. Good luck with this one folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back