• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fate/Ultimatum OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
59464051_414431009357408_4753245487114566456_n.jpg

Name: Ray Chance
Alignment: True Neutral
Personality:
Ray is what you would call an average jack of all trades, master of none. He's smart to pass the hardest test, but not too smart to perfectly know what someone is thinking about. Athletic enough to play Basketball for hours, yet not enough to run Marathons that last the entire day. Because of this, he has enough confidence to be sure on where his life is heading, yet not confident enough to try and figure out how to fix it. He enjoys Fantasy entertainment, especially Dungeons and Dragons where he and his friends have a homebrew campaign that lasted for 2 whole years that feature an idea of his that features a Master-Servant relationship. Whenever Magic is involved, he has this gut feeling where he could essentially predict what's going to happen, yet he has yet to find an application of this in real life except when facing off against Mage characters in his friend's homebrew Dungeons and Dragons where the magic system is eerily similar to the magic system in real life, yet altered enough to fit vanilla DnD.

Ray is not that good with dealing with stressful situations in real life and would rather accept what's going to happen to him. Although in DnD, he rather finds an alternative to things that solves his problems and make sure his fellow players have the best time ever.

Backstory:

Ray is born under a line of noble yet unnamed Magus that did not join the Grail Wars as they see it as a waste of human life, despite the Grail's penultimate power. Because of this, most of the Mages born under Ray's family does not become Mages and chose to live normal lives, unaware of their dormant powers except for a few that tried to join a Grail War.

Ray is a freelance artist who makes a living by commissioning his work to others online for a lofty sum of money. Because of this, he takes a part time job as a McDonalds cashier or a minimum wage. He is known to have an interest in the fantastical, and favors watching and reading those of High Fantasy genre rather than those of simple Action, Futuristic and even Romance movies, although he occasionally goes to watch a mainstream one every now and then(Which, we all know is the MCU). He goes to have sessions of DnD every month with his friends and likes to play as a Mage who summons a humanoid familiar which he dearly calls a 'Servant' which is essentially an extra character the GM could use as an NPC that is bound to his Mage until he issues three unbreakable commands which causes the Servant to become a genuinely free character that could either vanish, be killed in action, or stay with the party for the rest of the campaign. Though the guys he plays with used to be creeped out by this, they eventually find it as a great addition to their homebrew DnD game that brought up rather great stories that they archived. One of the stories even have the Mage's Servant fall in love with an Orc Half-Giant Cannoneer and becomes the Orc's Servant midgame after the Servant's Master died protecting them both without issuing a single Command to protect himself. It sounds like a wild session, I know. The GM questions Ray where he gets the Mage-Servant idea from, and he just shrugs it off saying 'Wouldn't it be cool to have a Mage summon a familiar that's essentially another PC but not?'.

One day, Ray has this urge to go to Berlin, and for reasons he wouldn't have known, he will be swept into a Grail War with no reason to whatsoever. Where he would know that his idea was actually a reality he was blissfully unaware of; one that he wish he hadn't known.

Skills:
Drawing - It's his thing--he draws shit.
Prediction D - He can see the obvious, not much about hidden agendas.
Athleticism D - He can perform quite a bit of Atlhletic feats, yet not remarkable enough such as parkour. But he can do Basketball.

Magecraft Proficiency: JACKSHIT, but high potential.(Think of it as Ray being a large gold mine of Mana that's left unused.)
Command Spell:

d9fyr47-56c81b81-f267-4879-a79b-5649001580e9.png
Noble Magi Be Like:

"It doesn't even want to reach the Root!"
Crow_of_judgement.jpg

Left Image:

Right Image, Ray:
juicy.jpg
So anyway, I'm guessing Ray's family or he, in particular, has access to some kind of clairvoyant precognition? I'm just wondering if his thaumaturgy is eligible for a Sealing Designation.

So anyway, I'm guessing Ray's family or he, in particular, has access to some kind of clairvoyant precognition? I'm just wondering if his thaumaturgy is eligible for a Sealing Designation.
I'd say Clairvoyant Precognition is his family's best trick in the book along with some other elemental magic that over time, the family forgets how to actually do except for the Clairvoyant Precognition which had significantly dulled in use as they neglected to practice magic for several generations.

I'd say Clairvoyant Precognition is his family's best trick in the book along with some other elemental magic that over time, the family forgets how to actually do except for the Clairvoyant Precognition which had significantly dulled in use as they neglected to practice magic for several generations.
Agh, Jesus Christ. This is so horrible.

I swear, any magus who's even marginally invested in the proper conduct of the Moonlit World would either exterminate this bloodline or take its most promising member and force him to sit down in the Norwich Department of Modern Magical Theory and study for at least five years. Especially when the bloodline's most prominent trait is clairvoyant precognition - that power seems like an excellent route towards getting the Root.

If Alwyn doesn't kill you on sight, he will definitely tutor you. He doesn't have any of the typical pride that a magus displays, but this potential-wasting attitude won't sit right even with him.

If Alwyn doesn't kill you on sight, he will definitely tutor you. He doesn't have any of the typical pride that a magus displays, but this potential-wasting attitude won't sit right even with him.
This could result to a Rick and Morty like relationship between Ray and Alwyn

This could result to a Rick and Morty like relationship between Ray and Alwyn
"Ray, you dumb piece of shit! You call this a workshop? I call this a-*buuuurp*- failure! W-why haven't you set up a Bo-*buuu*-oounded*rp* Field yet?"

View attachment 610114
Servant: The Grim Reaper
True Name: Azrael
Class: Assassin
Apparent Age: Dead

Alignment: Lawful Evil
Personality: Being a personification of the angel of death, the grim reaper is a servant of order and rules; when it's someone's time to pass on, end of story. Being silent on the battlefield and around his master is second nature to him, as per his class. However, he tends to relieve himself of this trait briefly, for his assassinations are always accompanied by a raspy chuckle. You'll find he has a major disdain for necromancers and those aiming to raise the dead. It's ultimately just reversing the work he's already done and it pisses him off.

Aggressive and excited to do his work, it's surprising to find he has a sense of humor. A dark one, mind you, usually allotting to death; expectedly, this fits in with modern day humor quite well.

His opinion on trivialities like masters and grail wars is a negative one; mostly seeing it as an unpreferred detour from his normal job of leading the dead. He holds no hatred to his master or others (lest they be necromancers), since he is obligated to always hold an ambivalent view of the living, to objectively lead the dead when it is their time. However, if he did manage to get his rotting fingers on a grail, he'd wish to eradicate the process of death. Azrael does love his job, but desires to finally have a vacation, whereupon he can do what he wants.

His manifestation can be partially attributed to modern pop culture views of the grim reaper.

Origin: Abrahamic Mythology, Middle East

Parameters:
Str -B
End -C
Agil -A+
Mana -D
Luck -D
NP - A+

Skills: (Normal, nonmagical skills. Like being a god at Hearthstone.)
Class Skills:
Independent Action EX- Just because he's forced to partake in a war, doesn't mean he can slack off from his job.
Divinity A- Being an angel does have it's perks.

Personal Skills:
Death's Touch- Touching his scythe saps almost all of the mana from a living being; works too well, even holding it normally, with the bottom of the staff on the grass can absorb minor amounts of mana from the ground.
Sands of Time- The hourglass around his neck always resets to the top when fighting a new enemy, when the last grain falls to the bottom, Azrael must kill the opponent before then. If he hasn't, he dips out of the fight to repeat the process later.
Rigor Mortis- His scythe is actually fused with his left hand, the weapon appearing organic. It cannot be taken away from him, or lost, since it is part of his body.

Noble Phantasms:
Horseman of the Apocalypse A+ (Anti Unit)- Azrael assumes his alternate form as one of the four horseman of the apocalypse. Atop his skeletal steed, Azrael rides at high speed, maniacally slashing his opponent rapidly with his scythe. Each successful strike makes them feel weaker and weaker.
@HellsHaven was probably baked and gave it the green light, so I won't argue too much, but I have to bite into it as a stern follower of the lore(TM).

Alright, so:
- Nature Spirits (I assume the Grim Reaper would be one? You left that vague. A Grim Reaper most likely doesn't exist in the Nasuverse, beyond a conceptual idol, but whatever,) cannot be summoned as Servants. Only Heroic Spirits (and failing that, Wraiths,) are allowed, and Heroic Spirits must be humans or descended from humans (demigods, gods who gave up their godhood, part-humans, etc.) There are exceptions but they require special circumstances: some Divine Spirits can be summoned by possessing humans as Pseudo-Servants, or by shedding their Divinity entirely.

- A Personal Skill that gives your fights a time limit is, by definition, not a Skill. It's either a peculiar Noble Phantasm or a drawback that shouldn't really be on the CS outside of a "sidenotes" section. Since it doesn't seem to offer any actual positives, it's probably not a Noble Phantasm, but I'm actually not going to rule that out either. There are some strange Phantasms out there.

- A Heroic Spirit/Servant's armaments and Noble Phantasm cannot be lost or taken away by default. It manifests as a part of their Spirit Core. If you take it from them, it just turns into pranic vapor and a new one reforms in their hand. There's a reason Assassins don't just go around disarming Servants early in the war and stealing their Noble Phantasms: because it's impossible. This makes the Rigor Mortis Skill redundant.

- This is less of a complaint, and more of a minor perfunctory nitpick: living beings do not have mana, but rather they have od. Mana exists in the atmosphere and comes from the planet, od comes from the life-force of a creature or life-form. When the Magic Circuits process od and mana together, it creates magical energy, which is often dubbed prana. Granted, this entire "naming system" is contradicted by the authors themselves by giving Servants a "mana" stat, rather than "prana" stat. Or it may be a translation error. Whatever, I'm just a lore and grammar Nazi doing his job.

- I like the Noble Phantasm as a raw concept, but it'd be more fitting for a Rider Servant since it's literally a Noble Phantasm that puts him on a steed and uses speed to his advantage. I'm not sure what an Assassin is doing, having that as his primary and only Noble Phantasm. Also, since you're literally the Grim Reaper and King Hassan could get away with it, I'm betting $100 that you could totally get away with an instant death effect as your Noble Phantasm. Not even a slash of the scythe, if you want, but an outright death-beam that causes everything in its blast radius to shrivel and succumb to entropy, returning to the Root faster than Shirou Emiya jumping in the path of an oncoming truck to save a young boy who dropped his ball.

- This is an Assassin without Presence Concealment or Espionage. Extremely abnormal; having one of those Skills is pretty much a requirement for being in the Assassin class. An Assassin without stealth isn't really an Assassin, just a Slayer. It might seem like a platitude, but there is a difference: a lack of discretion.

- My last two points bring me to conclude that this is a Rider dressed up to look like an Assassin. Best of all, he doesn't even have a Riding Skill.

I felt so bad, writing this. I'm confirmed as the guy who must be fun at parties.

Last edited:
@HellsHaven was probably baked and gave it the green light, so I won't argue too much, but I have to bite into it as a stern follower of the lore(TM).

Alright, so:
- Nature Spirits (I assume the Grim Reaper would be one? You left that vague. A Grim Reaper most likely doesn't exist in the Nasuverse, beyond a conceptual idol, but whatever,) cannot be summoned as Servants. Only Heroic Spirits (and failing that, Wraiths,) are allowed, and Heroic Spirits must be humans or descended from humans (demigods, gods who gave up their godhood, part-humans, etc.) There are exceptions but they require special circumstances: some Divine Spirits can be summoned by possessing humans as Pseudo-Servants, or by shedding their Divinity entirely.

- A Personal Skill that gives your fights a time limit is, by definition, not a Skill. It's either a peculiar Noble Phantasm or a drawback that shouldn't really be on the CS outside of a "sidenotes" section. Since it doesn't seem to offer any actual positives, it's not a Noble Phantasm for sure.

- A Heroic Spirit/Servant's armaments and Noble Phantasm cannot be lost or taken away by default. It manifests as a part of their Spirit Core. If you take it from them, it just turns into pranic vapor and a new one reforms in their hand. There's a reason Assassins don't just go around disarming Servants early in the war and stealing their Noble Phantasms: because it's impossible. This makes the Rigor Mortis Skill redundant, even if the platitude is a bit fun.

- This is less of a complaint, and more of a minor perfunctory nitpick: living beings do not have mana, but rather they have od. Mana exists in the atmosphere and comes from the planet, od comes from the life-force of a creature or life-form. When the Magic Circuits process od and mana together, it creates magical energy, which is often dubbed prana. Granted, this entire "naming system" is contradicted by the authors themselves by giving Servants a "mana" stat, rather than "prana" stat. Or it may be a translation error. Whatever, I'm just a lore and grammar Nazi doing his job.

- I like the Noble Phantasm as a raw concept, but it'd be more fitting for a Rider Servant since it's literally a Noble Phantasm that puts him on a steed and uses speed to his advantage. I'm not sure what an Assassin is doing, having that as his primary and only Noble Phantasm. Also, since you're literally the Grim Reaper and King Hassan could get away with it, I'm betting $100 that you could totally get away with an instant death effect as your Noble Phantasm. Not even a slash of the scythe, if you want, but an outright death-beam that causes everything in its blast radius to shrivel and succumb to entropy, returning to the Root faster than Shirou Emiya jumping in the path of an oncoming truck to save a young boy who dropped his ball.

- This is an Assassin without Presence Concealment or Espionage. Extremely abnormal; having one of those Skills is pretty much a requirement for being in the Assassin class. An Assassin without stealth isn't really an Assassin, just a Slayer. It might seem like a platitude, but there is a difference: a lack of discretion.

- My last two points bring me to conclude that this is a Rider dressed up to look like an Assassin. Best of all, he doesn't even have a Riding Skill.

I felt so bad, writing this. I'm confirmed as the guy who must be fun at parties.
Reading this, I'm glad I didn't get the Beserker first

Reading this, I'm glad I didn't get the Beserker first
Look, man, I'm just trying to stay as lore-friendly as possible, and I'm the only one with enough lore expertise to have any awareness of the quandary most of the time.

Every time I see someone sign-up as a Servant who's not human without expressly mentioning the reasons for why an exception to the rules has been made, I feel like there is a great sin against God being committed right in front of me. And it feels wrong not to stop it, even if it means I will be ostracized. If it means doing the right thing, then I will give up my life for it.

Look, man, I'm just trying to stay as lore-friendly as possible, and I'm the only one with enough lore expertise to have any awareness of the quandary most of the time.

Every time I see someone sign-up as a Servant who's not human without expressly mentioning the reasons for why an exception to the rules has been made, I feel like there is a great sin against God being committed right in front of me. And it feels wrong not to stop it, even if it means I will be ostracized. If it means doing the right thing, then I will give up my life for it.
I didn't mean that in that degrading way, I meant that in a 'aw shit senpai's gonna be disappointed in me with that many mistakes omo' kinda way.

I didn't mean that in that degrading way, I meant that in a 'aw shit senpai's gonna be disappointed in me with that many mistakes omo' kinda way.
I'm by default not disappointed with anyone who participates in Fate roleplays. I'm anti-disappointed. I'm very much appointed!

Think of it less as me spitting hate at every little mistake that you people do, and more of me looking down at you with kindness, like an elderly monk offering wisdom, and educating you so that you may never err on your sagely path to righteousness ever again!

This setting honestly has enough mechanical lore that you could probably pick, "Nasuverse Lore" as a college major, study it for seven years, get a PhD in Kinoko Nasu's works and still not know everything.

Anyway, I'm going to sleep now. You guys have a swell dawn/morning/noon/afternoon/evening/dusk/night/whatever-time-it-is-over-there!

I'm by default not disappointed with anyone who participates in Fate roleplays. I'm anti-disappointed. I'm very much appointed!

Think of it less as me spitting hate at every little mistake that you people do, and more of me looking down at you with kindness, like an elderly monk offering wisdom, and educating you so that you may never err on your sagely path to righteousness ever again!

This setting honestly has enough mechanical lore that you could probably pick, "Nasuverse Lore" as a college major, study it for seven years, get a PhD in Kinoko Nasu's works and still not know everything.

You do raise good points there; especially since I'm not into minor details of the nasuverse lore. Hell, even within the fate franchise, I'm not not privy to super in depth mage facts and much information about Root. XD

Anyway to address a couple of your points, you're totally right about the concealment skill, I totally forgot to put that on there.

Meanwhile, any instant death skill I worried would be considered too op for this rp, so I just settled on the absorb mana trait for the scythe. The noble phantasm does seem like it should belong to a rider, however, I was trying to stick to the mythology somewhat when crafting Azrael, and just found that to be the best option. Consider this, using his noble phantasm and becoming the true Horseman of Death of the Apocalypse, he sheds his more assassin like qualities for a brief time to act much more apocalyptic and chaotic, hence the maniacal laughing accompanying it's activation.

Meanwhile, any instant death skill I worried would be considered too op, so I just settled on the absorb mana trait for the scythe. The noble phantasm does seem like it should belong to a rider, however, I was trying to stick to the mythology somewhat when crafting Azrael, and just found that to be the best option. Consider this, using his noble phantasm and becoming the true Horseman of Death of the Apocalypse, he sheds his more assassin like qualities for a brief time to act much more apocalyptic and chaotic, hence the maniacal laughing accompanying it's activation.
That's good and all, but you should consider the nature of Servants: A Servant is a facet of a Heroic Spirit.

Which Artoria is the real one? Saber? Lancer? Rider? The answer is: none of them. "Heroic Spirit Artoria" is entirely different from the Saber that Shirou summons, in that Saber is limited only to Saber-related components of her legend.

In that sense, a Grim Reaper summoned as an Assassin should be more focused on the aspect of killing and death, rather than his aspect as the Horseman of the Apocalypse. The latter would be more appropriate if he was summoned as a Rider.

Also, I really don't think Instant Death is too overpowered for a Servant of this magnitude. What you have here isn't even a proper Heroic Spirit - more like a Conceptual Existence. Just add some limits to the Instadeath Noble Phantasm, like a high prana cost, drawbacks, or limitations to whom it affects. A Noble Phantasm is meant to be a trump card - the trump card of a Heroic Spirit.

Don't forget that, unless you intend to do the Assassin thing and target Masters, you will be facing great heroes of past ages. We're talking about beings that can run sixty meters in three seconds from a standstill, jump three stories in a single leap, flip a car upside down with their arms, and treat a jab with a normal spear like an eight-year-old is poking them. Even a Caster with low Strength can crush a human skull like you would crack an eggshell in your hand. There is no overkill, or "too OP" here.

Fair enough; seems like there are proper edits I should make to properly have Azrael set for battle. Would you be okay if I make some edits to the character, LostHaven LostHaven ?

Fair enough; seems like there are proper edits I should make to properly have Azrael set for battle. Would you be okay if I make some edits to the character, LostHaven LostHaven ?
Yeah I'm pretty lenient on that sorta stuft lol. Idm if you make it a bit stronger, Azrael as he is right now will get steamrolled by Avenger lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back