• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
He looked at her curiously at her nervous laughter.

You don’t have to. I just assume intangibility is difficult to live with. I also would like to be the first recorded biological being to touch a living yet intangible being

He wrote.

"Yeah, it kinda is..." Kokoro said simply. "Hard to live with, hard to understand... You know?" Kokoro shrugged - even she had so many questions.

Actually, I do. I’ve had experiences with death that brought me as close to what you are than anyone else, I believe. Perhaps I’ll share that story later. How about we both discuss this while I eat?

He writes, gesturing to his unfinished ‘meal’ in the corner.

"...Yeah. Can do." Kokoro said calmly, nodding in acceptance as she still tried to understand.

He began walking to the corner of the cafeteria with his crackers, and sat down, then watched Kokoro float over to him.

You seem to have a lot on your mind. Questions Without answers. Perhaps I could help?

"I don't know if you'd be able to answer them all..." Kokoro said honestly. "It's a nice offer, don't get me wrong... I just doubt all questions even 'have' answers." She laughed nervously, thanking him for his offer and remained uncertain.

I don’t think i’ll be able to answer them all either. But I’d like to try to answer what I can.

He wrote and slid a cracker underneath his mask

Kokoro thought for a moment. "Hmm, then my first one would be... Among others... 'why' are ghosts like myself even 'rare' in the first place?" She thought aloud. "Perhaps they keep themselves hidden, because I've never seen another one, but... Why else would they be, if not that?"

To start, I think it is rare because of potentially how astronomically small of a chance that in death you get to live once again, whether that be blessing or curse. And who knows. They may keep themselves hidden for fear of the unknown that is themselves. Denial is a powerful thing for the mind. Or, perhaps they’ve run out of energy as you did in the elevator, just permanently or for a long time

He had taken a few seconds to think on his response before writing it out.

"In my own experience, our energy regenerates rather quickly - but we use it faster than it actually returns." She explained in regards to said energy. "I'd honestly view my own 'reincarnation' as a curse, personally. It's nice to be able to live, sure, but I lose so much by being a phantasm of my former self. Physical feeling is null and void thanks to a whole heap of alterations..." She added, sighing sadly.

The sadness in that sigh at the remembrance of physical feeling is all the more reason to let me try to study you to let you feel. As far as I can tell, you do not have matter. So you must be made up of waves and photons or quantum mechanics. With enough research and study, perhaps I could find your wavelength and tune something to you, allowing contact. Of course this is hypothetical, but worth a try, in my opinion.

He wrote, slipping another cracker under the mask.

"I guess that makes sense..." Kokoro said meekly, though not terribly understanding what's going to come of it - no less how it would even go, but... "...Alright. I'll give it a try." Kokoro said first, consenting to the idea/plan, trying to sound confident in her tone.

He smiled a little bit under the mask.

: )

Excellent. Once we’re assigned to our living quarters and I make a computer, I’ll call for you

He ate another cracker, and looked around the Cafeteria, largely unaware this scars on his hand were visible to Kokoro since he had gotten more comfortable around her.

Kokoro had noticed them, but tried to ignore them - none of her business, and if she presses him about them, he may not be too pleased. So instead, she just remained there and relaxed.

Xu'Orz

It was a while until Xu'Orz had departed from the chemical shower while within an airtight suit which stuck closely to his figure. He marched towards the martian. "While usually I'd take time with the cloning process to prevent any mistakes during the procedure, I'll make this demonstration faster than usual. Go and acquire one of the ictustoma specimens, it's more efficient than most of the other vivarium specimens. There's a sealed sliding door on the top of their vivarium. Move slowly before grabbing it, I wouldn't want damage from their interior jaws to cause a breach in your suit."

It was a while until Xu'Orz had departed from the chemical shower while within an airtight suit which stuck closely to his figure. He marched towards the martian. "While usually I'd take time with the cloning process to prevent any mistakes during the procedure, I'll make this demonstration faster than usual. Go and acquire one of the ictustoma specimens, it's more efficient than most of the other vivarium specimens. There's a sealed sliding door on the top of their vivarium. Move slowly before grabbing it, I wouldn't want damage from their interior jaws to cause a breach in your suit."
Ma’arz nods and makes his way back to the vivariums to grab the specimen. He was tempted to add that, since his suit was an all-in-one type of space suit, his suit is very durable from damage and that the ictustoma wouldn’t even leave a mark on his suit, should it bite it. However, he didn’t say anything, as he felt that it was unnecessary to make such a comment.

Carefully opening the glass door by the handle, he slowly reaches his hands towards the specimen, where it initially stood back, feeling a little threatened. Ma’arz then quickly grabbed the specimen, where it yelped in fear. It did this a couple of times until the Martian held it near his chest and pet it in an attempt to calm it down. “Shh, shhhh... it’s alright, do not worry...” He said in a quiet tone as he approached Xu’Orz, holding the ictustoma specimen. “I have acquire the specimen, just as you requested.” He informed the Thugalek.

As Kokoro and Lux sat together in the cafeteria, Kqidons finally comes in again. She seemed a little sweaty and exhausted. She approached the duo and loomed over them. “Greetings, fleshbags.” She said, in her usual condescending tone. “I decided to take one more trip in the simulation room to test out its capabilities. What were you two doing here?” She asked as she then placed her hand on the edge of the table and leaned forward.

Lux just ate his cracker when Kqidons approached. He sighed and looked up at her.

I came to finish the meal I wasn’t allowed to because of our skirmish. She came here of her own accord.

He wrote, and handed her the note, like an equal, a subtle kind of ‘truce?’ question when he handed it to her instead of just showing her.

She took a look of the note given to her and looked back at Lux. “Speaking of our ‘skirmish’...” She said as she finally takes a seat. “As I’ve said, you had proven yourself to be something more than bark. You had bark just as loud and powerful as bite.” She admitted. “And, I’ll admit, I had some fun in our battle. It was only cut short because you stabbed me in the hip. It infuriated me and made me think irrationally.”

Irrational, yes. Unexpected, it shouldn’t have been. I’ve fought many a Vagrok. You were the one to do the most damage to me. Take pride. Though I would not have done the same to you.

He had given her the note again, and showed her more of his numerous scars on his hand. Though it seemed to be intentional to give himself more standing with the Vagrok as scars are highly valued in their culture.

Her eyes rose, seeing the numerous scars he had shown in his arm. She said something in her language, under her breath, but it was relatively something along the lines of ‘my god’. “Your arm... full of scars...” She managed to slowly speak out as she stared in awe.

The scars you see are some, of too many to count. Be honored, as I’ve shown no one else this.

He wrote, hiding the scars from Kokoro. He understood what she said under her breath, and simply didn’t respond to that.

“Greetings, fleshbags.” She said, in her usual condescending tone. “I decided to take one more trip in the simulation room to test out its capabilities. What were you two doing here?” She asked as she then placed her hand on the edge of the table and leaned forward.
Kokoro just glanced at Kqidons and shrugged. "Nothing in particular, personally. I've been here a while, just minding my own business." She stated simply, then sighing in 'there's not much else I 'can' do in this room in particular', and then let the conversation between Kqidons and Lux ensue - between notes and speech, they seemed to be making some sort of amends - getting along, perhaps? It would seem to be so.
Lux just ate his cracker when Kqidons approached. He sighed and looked up at her.

I came to finish the meal I wasn’t allowed to because of our skirmish. She came here of her own accord.

He wrote, and handed her the note, like an equal, a subtle kind of ‘truce?’ question when he handed it to her instead of just showing her.
“Speaking of our ‘skirmish’...” She said as she finally takes a seat. “As I’ve said, you had proven yourself to be something more than bark. You had bark just as loud and powerful as bite.” She admitted. “And, I’ll admit, I had some fun in our battle. It was only cut short because you stabbed me in the hip. It infuriated me and made me think irrationally.”

Irrational, yes. Unexpected, it shouldn’t have been. I’ve fought many a Vagrok. You were the one to do the most damage to me. Take pride. Though I would not have done the same to you.
“Your arm... full of scars...”

The scars you see are some, of too many to count. Be honored, as I’ve shown no one else this.
Kokoro just remained there, not saying a word while all of this went on, but had noted Kqidons being verily interested in those scars Lux is supposedly hiding - which she was aware of. She had seen them not too long ago before Kqidons showed up, and yet speaks nothing of it all. It's a relaxation period for the ghost right now, so to speak; she is right there, relaxing in the cafeteria, for that is all she can do for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back