• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
"Yes, Captain Susan," Zu'Orz addressed.

Zu'Orz, with Ma'arz at his heels, strut with his hands behind his back to the Vivarium Chamber, of which contained around twenty different extraterrestrial animal species. "Welcome to the Vivarium Chamber. Here are housed live specimens should any testing be done. A rudimentary genetic duplicator is used to ensure a steady supply of specimens. All individuals are rendered sterile, and are housed in adequate space mimicking their natural environment, along with specific diets for each species here." Xu'Orz paced about the many enclosures, all able to easily accommodate its inhabitants sufficiently. "A few of the specimens housed in this room are critically endangered. Using a genetic database of their alleles, it's possible to re-introduce the species to their native environments, of course after a sizeable breeding population is reached. I personally oversee transports of these specimens to larger biological preservation institutes."

Xu'Orz tread towards an enclosure on the far wall, and began to make his way down the entire chamber, naming each species as he did so.
Susan nods and leaves the laboratory, making her way to the Medical Bay to meet up with the two giants.

Ma'arz follows alongside the Thugalek. Scanning around the room containing all of these exotic and endangered animals. His red eyes twinkled at the sight of the animals within the terrariums. Several of the animals stood out for him.

Ma'arz looked at the creature, rubbing the bottom of his glass helmet as if he's rubbing his chin. It looked like a Panthera tigris (a predator that was regrettably killed off during the Cyber Revolution), but it has a distinct magenta fur and has far more teeth. Gesturing towards the animal, he makes his comments. "From what I've read, the Vagroks tend to simply call this powerful predator as a Beasthon." He said to Xu'Orz. "And the environmental changes aren't the only reason for its endangerment. Vagroks like to hunt, remember?" He continues as he carefully presses on the glass of the vivarium. "They hunt these Beasthons for sport and recognition, as it was a beast so violent and powerful that no Vagrok left without a scar." He walks away from it and rejoins Xu'Orz. "They hunted these poor monsters to near-extinction. It's rather sad, in a way... anyhow, let us move on." He finished.

When he encountered the Renopila, he makes a quiet gasp in excitement as he walks closer to the symbiotic animal. "Yes! And the chemicals it produces thanks to its symbiosis is one of the main ingredients for the Disintegrator Rays!" He points out, responding to Xu'Orz's last sentence regarding its highly unstable chemical synthesis, as he takes a closer look at the symbiote. "Truly, an interesting animal, the Renopilas are." He continues before leaving the creature at peace.

He looks at the hairy creature and, instantly recognizing its species, walks over to it with a keen eye. "Ah, yes. The common Chimpanzee. Some of us fellow Martians actually use the troglodytes as the subject of our species essays." He explained as he sees the chimp doing nothing more than eating a piece of a Citrullus lanatus (also known as a watermelon). "Personally, though, while I do find them interesting, I just did an essay of the Ictustoma morsus." He said. "I just think they're far more interesting and more genetically complicated than the chimps."

After he gave out his thoughts, he turned to the Thugalek. "Mister... Xu'Orz, was it? Anyway, I'm not sure if you'll reciprocate, but I am quite excited to be part of this crew with you." He informed him, crossing his arms. "Due to our political hostilities, we Martians don't normally interact with the Thugaleks, so I'm interested in how science is defined in Thugalek eyes."
[/tab][/tabs]
Kokoro listened in as much as she can, though struggled to keep up with the simple yet effective supply of information and knowledge on all of these... She seemed astonished as she looked around and curiously at each one. Words could not be found to explain her amazement - until she eventually fond some. "So this is what the world is up to now... It's most interesting, though I doubt I'll be able to understand it..." She said simply, yet managed a curious smile and continued looking on, shrugging. "I'm struggling to understand as is, but it is nice how much one seems to know... Apologies if I'm being disrespectful, but.,.." Kokoro nervously laughed it off, hoping her apology would be OK.
When Hamele and Lux were done talking, the doctor, who was constantly rubbing his hands with disinfectant, approached the head doctor. "Pardon me, Doctor Hamele. I-I'm not too sure what you think about him, but I don't think we should trust him..." He warned the doctor, pointing at Lux Ormidial, whilst his hand was shaking from the shock. "I know we usually follow a 'don't judge a book by its cover' thing, but he... he just purposely dresses like a drug dealer! It's creeping me out, to be honest..." The doctor said in all honesty.
Hamele listened to him and sighed. "Well, if we're going by looks, I appear to be a mortician, now don't I? I can understand your concerns though, but if we turned away everyone that looked just like that or similar, where are we going to find good in the world?" She asked before continuing. "It's but a face value! Even the darkest of people have the brightest of minds, you know?" She tried to persuade him, but as she would finish responding, she would hear a piercing yell - to which Hamele let out a shriek of surprise, closed her eyes and shook left to right in fear. It was verily obvious that Susan had scared her as well, though she tries to resist it. It seems she'll have to attend to that discussion later.

Xu'Orz

He looked upon the Martian with a smirk on his face. "I see you hold the same enthusiasm I do when it comes to the vivariums. It is a wonder to observe those organisms from other worlds. In terms of how Thugaleks view science, I would be an ample example of our progress. Despite being one of the first units of my commission, I am effectively, a perfect clone. No deformities or disabilities through the genetic cloning process. Our strides in biological mastery have no rival, expect the Martians of course. I assure you, given the chance, the Mercantile Commission would attempt and succeed to cripple the progress of Martian Biological Development." He paused, collecting his thoughts for a moment. "We view science as a means to an end. We don't get excited when something could be studied. We research because it helps our overall goal, that being economic success and ascension for the members of the board. I suppose I'd be an exception."

"it is understandable, your lack of words or understanding. Not many can grasp the diversity of life from another planet."
He stood unwavering, his hands behind his back. "Off from this room, is the Cloning Facility, which as mentioned before, is used to support the endangered species housed here. While we have no active cloning at the moment, I can show you the process. Think of it as a housewarming gift." He pointed towards a door, of which was sealed with an airtight door. "It's a sterile environment. The immune system of clones is extremely weak when first finished, so we'll need to wear the Isolated Environment Suits." His gaze shifted to a closet, of which held a number of the mentioned suits.​

• Then he heard Captain Susan. He sighed. But he wasn’t at fault. Kqidons would likely take almost all the blame. He looked over to her, his eyes showing no fear, but he wasn't exactly looking forward to this. He remained seated in a calm fashion.
    Marching towards Kqidons and Lux in a very angry fashion, Susan looked up at the two with a very stern face. "So, I said to the two of you to not kill each other, did I not?" She asked as she stared up at the two after she reached the duo. "When I say that, that includes not stabbing each other in the bodies." Kqidons chimed in her defense. "You told us explicitly to not kill each other. You never said that were are exempt to stab-" Susan immediately turns her head towards the Vagrok, the only part of her face showing rage is her shaking eyes. "Don't push it, Kqidons IV." She ordered. With the Vagrok quiet again, Susan turns to Da'Mapello. "Talia! Get over here. You witnessed all of their fighting; I need support." She ordered before turning her head back to the two. "What do you two have to say for yourselves?"

Lux grabbed his pad.

I went specifically non lethal. I went for her sides in places that heal without a long recovery time. She stabbed my lung and liver and stomach. I think there is a disparity in severity in wounds, but I request she not receive a too-harsh punishment

Xu'Orz

"It seems you underestimate the power of the Thugalek Mercantile Commission, and perhaps I underestimate the power of the Martians and your alliances. We may only see which is superior when it comes to that fact." He commented.

"If your suit is able to withstand the effects of advanced scientific grade Decontamination Solution, then you won't need to switch. However, I warn you that if your suit is not able to withstand the Decon Solution, then the effects on your skin would be rather, caustic, to say the least."

Talia walked to the Capitan at the mention of her name, and crossed her arms. She read Lux’s note, and sighed. “That isn’t the point. The point it you two took ‘training’ way too far. I’ve killed people with less bloodshed than that display.” She said, raising an eyebrow. “Regardless of whether it was non lethal.”

"it is understandable, your lack of words or understanding. Not many can grasp the diversity of life from another planet." He stood unwavering, his hands behind his back. "Off from this room, is the Cloning Facility, which as mentioned before, is used to support the endangered species housed here. While we have no active cloning at the moment, I can show you the process. Think of it as a housewarming gift." He pointed towards a door, of which was sealed with an airtight door. "It's a sterile environment. The immune system of clones is extremely weak when first finished, so we'll need to wear the Isolated Environment Suits." His gaze shifted to a closet, of which held a number of the mentioned suits.
Kokoro thought on it and nodded. "Cloning Facility, huh..." She thought aloud to herself - just viewing the process of it doesn't sound too bad. And then there was the matter of the suits. Kokoro glanced to the suits and then to herself. "...Oh, bother." She facepalmed, knowing full well she wouldn't be able to even 'suit herself' with one of the dozens of suits in that closet. She took a deep breath and sighed. She 'could' in theory possess one of the suits, but it would be a little bit weird for this suit with nobody in it to start moving and talking, not wouldn't it?
Hamele just stands there and watches the scene unfold. She had nothing to say, do or add, she just stood there and watched it unfold - right before her eyes. Internally, she was screaming 'this is totally fine' to herself, trying to compose herself on the outside and to not get involved as it doesn't really concern her. Though if called on, she can't really stay out - 'if' she is called out on...

• "It seems you underestimate the power of the Thugalek Mercantile Commission, and perhaps I underestimate the power of the Martians and your alliances. We may only see which is superior when it comes to that fact." He commented.
    Ma'arz nods, knowing full well that his claim cannot be proven unless the Supragalactic Union and the United Confederation enter into war with the Thugaleks, and even then, despite the political hostilities, it was very unlikely, as the Commission had done no wrong against the Union nor the Confederation. "A contest that may never come into play, since your kind's government is cautious enough to avoid a military confrontation towards the Supragalactic Union." He responded.
    "If your suit is able to withstand the effects of advanced scientific-grade Decontamination Solution, then you won't need to switch. However, I warn you that if your suit is not able to withstand the Decon Solution, then the effects on your skin would be rather, caustic, to say the least."
    "Well, my suit is designed to be universally compatible with various usages, due to my kind's inability to breathe oxygen. For instance, my nitrogen suit can also be a spacesuit, a biohazard suit, a labsuit, a battle suit- the whole works." He explains in a matter-of-factly tone. Indeed, due to the Martians' biology to only breathe nitrogen and not oxygen, the brilliant minds of the Martian Technocracy Kingdom designed their nitrogen suits to be compatible with anything relating to their occupation. "As for the ghost, well... do you really think a chemical bath can affect someone who has no physical form?" He asked the Thugalek as he gestured towards Kokoro. While he didn't mean to sound rude to the ghost, the way he phrased the question sounded like the contrary.

He nodded.

If I wanted to be lethal, I would have. My strike was carefully placed to only slow her down. I only cut muscle that heals within a few weeks maximum, not lungs and liver and stomach.

He handed Captain Susan his note, not ashamed whatsoever.

Kqidons was peering over Lux's shoulder, seeing what he was writing on his notepad prior to giving it to the captain. "Tch... and you say you boast of nothing." She quietly points out, referring to the fact that he 'said' in the quote that his strikes were carefully placed.

When the captain was given the note, she makes an exasperated sigh as she rubbed her forehead. Normally, most of the soldiers she reprimanded wouldn't question the captain anymore, as their conversation would go on long enough, and end their talk right then and there. But no. Not in this case because Lux apparently has plenty of time to himself.

"Lux, you can't just justify your 'carefully placed strikes' by saying that a strike to the hips would be nonlethal and would take little time to recover," She said to Lux, gesturing towards him and Kqidons. "You two stabbed each other with little remorse! I expected you two to leave the fight with minor cuts, bruises, and maybe a fractured bone or two. But I know better now..."

She got closer to the two, as the captain poked at Lux's chest in an irate manner. "And quite frankly, I am getting sick..." She then poked at Kqidons' chest. "... of this conversation stretching further." She then took a step back. "The punishment I was considering levying was fifty pushups for each of you." She leaned forward as her eyes narrowed. "But, if you wish for me to increase it by a hundred..."

Kqidons would love a challenge like that, but she would agree with the captain. This was taking far longer than it should have. Looking at the masked soldier, she shook her head, telling her to just shut up so they can just take the fifty-pushup punishment and not speak of this.

Lux listened to the Captain closely. And when she touched his chest, he leaned back a little bit, but she still prodded his chest. He did not like the contact. He looked back up at the Captain, seeing Kqidons shake her head. He closed his eyes in a resigned manner and said no more. He would not make another rebuttal, as was clearly implied as he put his pad and pen in his cloak. Now that he thought about it, he had yet to do his weekly workout and he was almost overdue. He would do more than 50 pushups, as that was hardly a warm-up. He stood up and looked at the Captain, then motioned for the door, trying to sign that he wishes to leave or to do his ‘punishment’.

Last edited by a moderator:
When she saw Lux gesturing towards the door, she looked at him. "If you wish to leave the medical bay, that would depend on the context..." She said initially before turning to Hamele. "Doctor Hamele, would you mind if I had Lux and Kqidons partake on their punishment in the medical bay?" She kindly asked the doctor.

If I wanted to be lethal, I would have. My strike was carefully placed to only slow her down. I only cut muscle that heals within a few weeks maximum, not lungs and liver and stomach.

Talia felt the want to scoff, but resisted and instead listened to the Cap’n. She didn’t say much else, even trading her disapproving glare for a bored one.

"You two stabbed each other with little remorse! I expected you two to leave the fight with minor cuts, bruises, and maybe a fractured bone or two. But I know better now..."

“Yeah, and you sliced my hand in the process.” Talia hissed under her breath, mostly glaring at Kqidons for that. It wasn’t really Lux’s fault, but he was still a participant. Besides, it never really hurt and she didn’t really care. It was mostly annoying.

"Well, my suit is designed to be universally compatible with various usages, due to my kind's inability to breathe oxygen. For instance, my nitrogen suit can also be a spacesuit, a biohazard suit, a labsuit, a battle suit- the whole works." He explains in a matter-of-factly tone. Indeed, due to the Martians' biology to only breathe nitrogen and not oxygen, the brilliant minds of the Martian Technocracy Kingdom designed their nitrogen suits to be compatible with anything relating to their occupation. "As for the ghost, well... do you really think a chemical bath can affect someone who has no physical form?" He asked the Thugalek as he gestured towards Kokoro. While he didn't mean to sound rude to the ghost, the way he phrased the question sounded like the contrary.
Kokoro glanced to him as he said those words and sighed. "Honestly, I myself am not too sure, but how this seems to be sounding makes me worry very much." She said simply. Kokoro attempted to ignore the rude-sounding word choice and aptly blunt quote, but unable to do so, she stood there with a mildly upset expression as she spoke - for it did at least hit 'something', somewhere - though she tried to ignore it.
When she saw Lux gesturing towards the door, she looked at him. "If you wish to leave the medical bay, that would depend on the context..." She said initially before turning to Hamele. "Doctor Hamele, would you mind if I had Lux and Kqidons partake on their punishment in the medical bay?" She kindly asked the doctor.
Hamele thought about it and then nodded. "Absolutely! Just don't break anything..." She said, trailing off and seeming worried when she spoke the latter, opting to continue backing away from the duo. Knowing a punishment is about to start, of some variety - it kind of excited her, though she tried not to show it.

Last edited:
Nodding at Hamele in thanks for her authorization, the captain quickly turns her head to the duo. "Fifty pushups, on the double!" She immediately ordered. Kqidons IV followed through with the order with haste, as she dropped to the floor and began her pushups. The captain then turns to Talia. "Stay here and count their pushups. You are allowed to dismiss yourself when they've paid their penalty." She said to the Da'Mapello as she prepares to leave. "I will be paying the Thugalek a visit." She said before leaving the medical bay.

Lux gets up off his seat and drops to the floor, catching himself with his hands at the last second. He started next to Kqidons, doing Triangle hand pushups so the folds of his cloak cover his hands.

Xu'Orz

Xu'Orz took a moment to respond, however, a harsh tone set upon him when it came to the delicate topic of the scientific procedure and protocol. "While you are incorporeal in nature, I am not aware of any residue left by you 'touching' an object, and I am also unaware of any airborne bacteria that could hitchhike its way inside, nor can you convince me without evidence that you do not leave any residue of any kind. For the means of safety to the clone, I require that you adorn one of the suits, do I make myself clear?" He paused for a moment. "This procedure is extremely delicate, and for such scientific demonstration, I direct you to the suit locker."

Kokoro listened to his harsh tone and seemed not only offended, but genuinely upset and/or thrown off by this. She would understand about the procedure - but what harm is 'she' going to do to something the can't even touch? It seems he's afraid of what she may 'leave behind' - if she does at all (she doesn't), but can't prove it anyways. Kokoro instead sighed and simply vanished. "I understand, trust me, I do. As much as I'd be willing to oblige, I don't know if a living suit without anyone visible inside it would be something you're interested in." She said bluntly. "Besides, what harm am I going to do to something I can't touch? As far as I'm aware, what 'I' can do is of your least concern. However, if you are 'that' worried, I shall stay away." She continued, reinforcing her point with a slightly angered tone of her own, but when finished speaking, she simply sighed in relief and then so suddenly calmed down - while invisible as well, fully prepared to do either outcome after this.

Talia nodded to the Captain, and began to silently count as Lux and Kqidons completed the pushups.

Last edited by a moderator:

• Xu'Orz took a moment to respond, however, a harsh tone set upon him when it came to the delicate topic of the scientific procedure and protocol. "While you are incorporeal in nature, I am not aware of any residue left by you 'touching' an object, and I am also unaware of any airborne bacteria that could hitchhike its way inside, nor can you convince me without evidence that you do not leave any residue of any kind. For the means of safety to the clone, I require that you adorn one of the suits, do I make myself clear?" He paused for a moment. "This procedure is extremely delicate, and for such scientific demonstration, I direct you to the suit locker."
    Kokoro listened to his harsh tone and seemed not only offended but genuinely upset and/or thrown off by this. She would understand about the procedure - but what harm is 'she' going to do to something the can't even touch? It seems he's afraid of what she may 'leave behind' - if she does at all (she doesn't), but can't prove it anyway. Kokoro instead sighed and simply vanished. "I understand, trust me, I do. As much as I'd be willing to oblige, I don't know if a living suit without anyone visible inside it would be something you're interested in." She said bluntly. "Besides, what harm am I going to do to something I can't touch? As far as I'm aware, what 'I' can do is of your least concern. However, if you are 'that' worried, I shall stay away." She continued, reinforcing her point with a slightly angered tone of her own, but when finished speaking, she simply sighed in relief and then so suddenly calmed down - while invisible as well, fully prepared to do either outcome after this.
    The Martian just stared at the two quietly talked to one another. As of right now, he was more interested in seeing the clones rather than their little squabble.

Xu'Orz

"Inability to touch does not mean inability to damage. All living things will leave some sort of residue. Be it hair follicles, skin cells, saliva, sweat, some sort of trace of where, when, and what they were. That residue has a substantial chance of carrying some sort of microbe. While I do not fully understand the nature of your being, this is standard protocol, and must be followed. Precautions cannot be ignored because of a first-hand claim." He sighed. "If you wish to miss this demonstration, then that is on you. I am only following what I perceive as the safest option for the clone that will be created. I cannot allow, and beg my pardon, an anomaly I do not fully understand, the possibility to put a scientific procedure of this measure into jeopardy."

Last edited:
"Inability to touch does not mean inability to damage. All living things will leave some sort of residue. Be it hair follicles, skin cells, saliva, sweat, some sort of trace of where, when, and what they were. That residue has a substantial chance of carrying some sort of microbe. While I do not fully understand the nature of your being, this is standard protocol, and must be followed. Precautions cannot be ignored because of a first-hand claim." He sighed. "If you wish to miss this demonstration, then that is on you. I am only following what I perceive as the safest option for the clone that will be created. I cannot allow, and beg my pardon, an anomaly I do not fully understand, the possibility to put a scientific procedure of this measure into jeopardy."
Kokoro opted not to respond. Instead, without gracing the room with a witty response and genuinely not seeing the sense nor means to back up what she would say (something along the lines of 'I'm not a 'living' thing strictly, I'm 'dead'), she straight-up saw herself to the exit while being intangible. She sighed as she did so. Vacantly offended by those words, Kokoro had enough of this thing; this being. Just like that, away she went. There so soon, and gone just as fast... A ghost's presence is a weird one, if not just temporary.

Xu'Orz

He looked puzzled for a moment, but decided not to explore what he had just seen. He turned to the martian. "Ma'arz, if you are ready, please enter the chemical shower, it's on the left. Stay in there for ten seconds and no less. Please wait in the airtight lobby, I will join you shortly."

• He looked puzzled for a moment, but decided not to explore what he had just seen. He turned to the martian. "Ma'arz, if you are ready, please enter the chemical shower, it's on the left. Stay in there for ten seconds and no less. Please wait in the airtight lobby, I will join you shortly."
    Ma'arz nods and proceeds to enter the decontamination room so his suit can receive its chemical bath.
    Kokoro opted not to respond. Instead, without gracing the room with a witty response and genuinely not seeing the sense nor means to back up what she would say (something along the lines of 'I'm not a 'living' thing strictly, I'm 'dead'), she straight-up saw herself to the exit while being intangible. She sighed as she did so. Vacantly offended by those words, Kokoro had enough of this thing; this being. Just like that, away she went. There so soon, and gone just as fast... A ghost's presence is a weird one, if not just temporary.
    As she goes to leave the room, she encounters Susan, who was planning to visit Xu'Orz to see what he is doing. "I wonder how Kokoro and Ma'arz are doing with Xu'Orz..." She asked herself as she walks through Kokoro without noticing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back