• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Xu'Orz dismissed Ma'arz in a snarky manner. "The sanctions for her if she were to injure me in any way are much higher than my penance for a bout of taunting. I have nought to worry about." Xu'Orz took a moment to think. "Imagine the penalty for injuring a senior crew member on the very ship you've just joined on the first day, for the infinitesimally small reason of because they were taunting you." Xu'Orz took himself into a regal position. "There is nothing within logic that I have to fear."

Talia heared what Xu’Orz said, and she honestly agreed. She didn’t think the Vagrok would try anything like that anyway. But that didn’t change the fact that this conversation was hostile, and a stall on the mission.

“Well, I fear for the integrity of this mission. We need to get going. Xu’Orz, if you two are done bickering, the Cap’n said to show us to the spacesuits.” She said, no real malice in her tone. Just slight annoyance and an obvious want to move on.

Xu'Orz turned a glance towards Talia. He took a moment to collect himself. "I suppose we have dwelled too long on this subject." He spoke in a half apologetic tone. Xu'Orz stood, assuming a sophisticated posture. He motioned for the recruits to follow with a slight jerk of his head.

Xu'Orz dismissed Ma'arz in a snarky manner. "The sanctions for her if she were to injure me in any way are much higher than my penance for a bout of taunting. I have naught to worry about." Xu'Orz took a moment to think. "Imagine the penalty for injuring a senior crew member on the very ship you've just joined on the first day, for the infinitesimally small reason of because they were taunting you." Xu'Orz took himself into a regal position. "There is nothing within logic that I have to fear."
Ma'arz, while invisibly annoyed by his snarky response, nodded respectfully. He had made a correct and logical conclusion; if Kqidons dares to attack him for as petty as mocking her, it would not be a great addition to her track record. A cleverly thought-out gambit.

The Vagrok, on the other hand, was shaking in anger. Even as the Thugalek made a very acceptable point, she wouldn't stand at the thought of being wrong at such a mockful way. Thankfully, however, before she can do something incredibly stupid...
“Well, I fear for the integrity of this mission. We need to get going. Xu’Orz, if you two are done bickering, the Cap’n said to show us to the spacesuits.” She said, no real malice in her tone. Just slight annoyance and an obvious want to move on.
Xu'Orz turned a glance towards Talia. He took a moment to collect himself. "I suppose we have dwelled too long on this subject." He spoke in a half apologetic tone. Xu'Orz stood, assuming a sophisticated posture. He motioned for the recruits to follow with a slight jerk of his head.
Seeing that now would be the time to prepare the crew for planetary exploration, the Martian got up and approached the Thugalek. He also assumes a sophisticated body posture as he faces Xu'Orz. "A clever gambit, if I may add..." He complimented him. "Now, where are these space suits the captain mentioned?"

And in the meantime, while all of the arguing ensued, the ghost 'and' the doctor were looking to the scene with apparent discontent on their faces, with Hamele's face meeting one of hands, groaning as she facepalmed herself soon after. Kokoro didn't say anything or mutter a noise, but she just looked thrown off to a degree - as much as she would love to speak up and settle it, now is too late, though both would be relieved that the argument had settled!

And then Kokoro got flashbacks to the suits upon them being mentioned. Hamele just glanced to the ghost's freezing and worried expression with a concerned one of her own, both of them not wanting to speak up or do anything. For now, they remain thankful that it's not getting worse. Perhaps if needed they'll voice themselves - it is but a maybe, after all. Who knows, it may have to do with Kqidons 'yet again'.

Time will tell, if everyone lets it 'speak' for long enough.

"By all accounts..." Xu'Orz began speaking "...They should be near the airlock, for obvious reasons." He began to walk, his arms behind his back. "What I am going to teach you, is as follows: 1. Basic Operation of the suits, 2. How to use the additional hardware installed into the suits, and 3., protocols regarding the suit." Xu'Orz took a brief pause before speaking a final time. "You can ask questions afterwards."

Lux was quite literally nothing but a bystander as all of this happened. The arguing didn’t suit his taste, however, and he chose to instead leave the room without anyone knowing to go towards the airlock to grab his suit for the mission.

He waited patiently by the air lock when he saw the Thugalek leading the others while talking on how to use the suits. Lux wasn’t sure how to use these spacesuits, so that’s the main reason he wasn’t already ready. The masked soldier made no noise, or movement as he stood by the door. He made eye contact with the Thugalek, but still did nothing.

"By all accounts..." Xu'Orz began speaking "...They should be near the airlock, for obvious reasons." He began to walk, his arms behind his back. "What I am going to teach you, is as follows: 1. Basic Operation of the suits, 2. How to use the additional hardware installed into the suits, and 3., protocols regarding the suit." Xu'Orz took a brief pause before speaking a final time. "You can ask questions afterwards."
Kokoro would hear, and guess what, that's a hard 'no' and just slooowly backed away instead of following - she's not going to dare with that again... Hamele, on the other hand, though visibly reluctant, she would follow the Thugalek as he spoke, just trying to think on it; though fortunately, it doesn't 'sound' that bad of a thing to learn. It's just the matter of getting the spacesuit on and what one needs to know/might want to know about them.

"These..." Xu'Orz waved his hand, addressing multiple suits tucked into an alcove, "...are E.E.P.S. Enclose Environmental Protection Stabilization Suits." Xu'Orz turned his attention to the helmet of one of the suits. "As you can see, these suits lack the typical visor found in many others, that is because these suits use an array of cameras and monitors internally and externally. This is a precaution to eliminate the danger of a visor cracking and compromising the entire suit."

Xu'Orz placed the helmet upon his head. "To activate the camera array, there is a protected control panel, so you'll have to turn on the cameras before placing on the helmet, unless you know which button it is." Xu'Orz groped at the back of his helmet, and quickly there was a small surge of lights as power to the helmet was directed towards the cameras. Xu'Orz's eyes darted around, and to those attentive enough, the small cameras around the facial plates of the helmet moved on ball sockets. "An internal camera tracks the movement of your eyes, as to maximize your field of vision." Xu'Orz pressed a small button on the right side of his helmet. "An integrated flashlight can be toggled by this button."

Xu'Orz zipped down the bodysuit, adorning an adjacent exoskeleton (used to relieve the wearer of the weight of the hardware), of the E.E.P.S. Suit and stepped inside, as a magnetic click and the metallic sliding of bearings sounded. "While the helmet and bodysuit are separate entities, there is a locking mechanism that ensures a stable connection." Xu'Orz grasped at a tube on the back of the suit and inserted it into a recess on the bottom of the helmet. "This tube is your oxygen supply, it'll electromagnetically connect when put into this recess." He grabbed another, "This one transfers heat, you put it into this recess" Xu'Orz slotted it into position. "Make sure these are always connected. There's a small backup oxygen supply that'll last about five minutes, but you could die from hypothermia or hyperthermia should the temperature control lose connection."

Xu'Orz exited from the suit, placing the helmet onto the floor, but still holding the bodysuit. He turned it to the back. "Here on the back is a portable oxygen generator. It takes ice and extracts the oxygen from it, forwarding it to the tanks, while the hydrogen is used for fuel with a small amount of oxygen for." He turned his attention to another part of the suit, the shoulders. He pressed a small, insignificant button, and several small solar panels popped up. "These solar panels will charge the internal batteries when activated."

He turned to the recruits.
"Show me what you learned, don the suits."

Lux listened attentively to Xu’Orz’s explanation of how the E.E.P.S works. From the putting on with the exoskeleton to the oxygen generator and the solar panels. As he explained the details and how to operate it, he soaked up the info like a sponge, memorizing everything Xu’Orz said.

When called on to put on the suit, Lux sighed silently behind his mask. He then removed his cloak that covered his body. Before anyone could see what was in his cloak, he folded it, and then glared around at everyone in the room, trying to communicate that if anyone touched it, he wouldn’t be very happy. As for under his hood that came with his cloak, he had black hair that the hood covered. The hair was longish, going to just over where his eyes are all around his head. He kept his mask on as he rolled up the shirt he was wearing around his neck to cover the scarred skin. He hid his hands in his pockets until he got to one of the suits, and stepped in, sliding his body into the exoskeleton and closing the suit, extending his arms to the sleeves and attached gloves of the suit.

He then thought for a quick second on how to put the helmet on without removing his mask, and realized he couldn’t. So, he sighed again, and stepped away from the group to the corner, helmet in hand. He dipped his head down, facing the corner, when he removed his mask, and quickly put on the helmet, making sure the visor was one-way before securing it to the rest of the suit. He set his mask on his folded cloak, and stood by it protectively.

Finally, he did a quick review of what the buttons and such did for the suit, like the solar panels and putting the oxygen tube on the suit into the back of the helmet, and turned to Xu’Orz, showing he knew the basics. The entire time, he was wanting to get back into his cloak and mask.

Hamele would simply watch and listen - slowly taking what information in that she could, before it was time to demonstrate. Because Kokoro wouldn't as she was not in the room (aforementioned incident with Xu'Orz involving the suits - she kept out of this one assuming the same would happen due to her lack of compatibility), and he probably needed more than one demonstration, Hamele herself decided to try it - no harm in it after all, right, especially for something like this? Putting the suit on was no problem - and though she would have trouble with the buttons and the other apparatus in or revolving around the suit (like the oxygen tube and the solar panels), she would be able to present herself in the suit in question - visibly uncomfortable, but still seeming relieved that she knew how to do it and that it 'was' very much possible. If one would ask her 'why' she put on the suit instead of the ghost who isn't in the room, she would simply say something along the lines of the following:

"I might as well demonstrate as well - if emergencies come, I'll need to know how to put this thing on. Besides, showing it's possible here - not just proves that not just one of us here can do it, but is it wrong to try and show it 'can' be done to garner some trust?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back