• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Fate of the Stars of Life (EPISODE 4: Formic Apocalypse)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
//Not at all. He'll join in the reboot.
Talia shook her head and put a finger up. “No, I told you I worked for the government. Which is true right now. But I was a hired assassin. I’m wanted in a ton of places at the moment, so I try to keep a low profile while I’m here.” She said. “Although every now and then I was hired to kill another assassin.”
"Oh... kay, then." Rewby merely responds. Suddenly, they hear the engines of the shuttle starting to rev up as the main doorway at the back begins to close. "Alright, everyone. Buckle up tight because this will likely be a rough ride." Susan warned in the intercom.

Lux made sure he was buckled in enough, checked Talia's straps with a once-over, and then looked at everyone else's. Seeing nothing wrong, he sat plainly in his seat.

The crew then felt the ship rise from the ground as they begin to leave the lab’s hangar and make a course to the Formic hive, the giant blister of a blob covering an entire island.

Kqidons, who was sitting near Lux, saw Lux’s jumpily knees and laughed a little from her warmask. “For a pretty stoic person, you seem excited,” Kqidons points out, grinning under her mask.

Talia looked out the window with a blank expression, and looked to Lux as Kqidons spoke up. She laughed a bit, and nodded. “Yeah, what she said.” Talia then leaned back in the seat a bit, trying to relax rather then get tense.

Lux turned to look at Kqidons. "As a seeker of knowledge, I am ecstatic to once again go where not many people have gone and survived." His faceplate read, and he turned back to the window.

Talia nodded, and looked to Kqidons. “Same! Good thing to add to my resume” She said, grinning a bit.

Bowe just tried to stay 'not' getting flung around the ship, but in the off chance she 'was', then she was trying to 'not' go crazy with it, although she was vacantly enjoying herself. In situations like this however, probably a good idea to not go nuts.

Talia saw Bowe, almost bouncing around the room, and smiled. Just like last time, she guessed. “Careful, Bowe.” She said easily, though it was clear she found it amusing.

After a while, they began to ascend and the crew got a full side view of the hive, the incredibly large, black, almost-pulsating mass of various materials mixed with... whatever substance the Formics produce to make them stick. They also saw various other aerial fighters combating against the Formic drones, as one side try and stall the Formics from expanding any further, while the other just wanted to protect their home. "Alright, crew. I'll assign you all to partners and drop you all off to various parts of the hive." Susan said in the intercom as she begins to get closer to the side of the hive. "Talia, you're with Rewby. Kqidons, you're with Bowe. Lux, you're with me. Any objections?" Susan asked. When Rewby got her partner, she turned to Talia and gave her a grin, while Kqidons turns to Bowe and gives her a thumbs up.

Lux looked over at Susan for partner assigning, and remained neutral as she told everyone who they were with. He heard he was with Susan, and he assumed that she paired him with herself so she could warn him and give him some tips or something. He shook his head when she asked for any objections.

Talia had to glance out the window to see the hive, but was distracted as Susan gave them partner instructions. She looked to Rewby and grinned widely, almost mischievously, before giving a thumbs up to Susan.

“Talia and Rewby will enter one side of the hive. Kqidons and Bowe will enter through the top. Lux and I will go to the other. Speaking of which...” Susan said as she drives the shuttle closer to the walls of the hive, where she stops at a hole. The shuttle’s side door opens up. “Now, Talia! Rewby! Go in!” Susan ordered. Rewby quickly gets up, grabs her plasma rifle and her friend, and follows her into the hole.

Talia slipped out of her straps with a crazy burst of speed, and jumped into the hole feet first with Rewby. She gave a whoop as her feet leave the floor of the ship.

“Good luck.” She said to the duo before the ships’s side doors close as she leaves them. Cocking her plasma rifle, she takes a breath as she turns to Talia, waiting for her to be ready.

Meanwhile, the shuttle begins to ascend further until it reaches to the top of the hive, the thing almost reaching the clouds.

Talia did a roll so she didn’t get hurt, and pulled out two matching knives. “You good?” She said to Rewby, trying to keep her voice down.

Talia hummed in confirmation, and tapped a button on her suit. It turned a shade darker, and all the same color of dark gray to match the environment. “What’s our plan? Just wander until we find the armory?” She asked, looking around.

“I dunno. Susan did say to cause as much destruction to the hive as possible.” Rewby responds as she slowly walks further into the hive, her feet making a squishing sound for each step she took on the almost-organic floor.

Talia nodded, and kept track in her mind which way they were going. “I guess we could follow the biggest pathways. The biggest would be the most used.” She said, trying to use common sense. She followed Rewby, scrunching up her nose at the sound the floor made.

As they continue to walk, they heard crawling and growling from the tunnel’s darkness; a Formic drone is coming. This caused Rewby to freeze up, not saying a single word.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back