• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Fate of the Stars of Life (EPISODE 4: Formic Apocalypse)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
He looked at her, and shrugged. "Shewdew are much more intimidating. Especially if you can't see them. Also, I'm not intimidated because I have no reason to be." His faceplate reads, but in a smaller font so only she could read it.

Talia hummed, and shook her head slightly. “Well, at least you have a valuable reason why your not intimidated.” She said jokingly, her smile fading till it was more of a grin.

“Ma’arz, you’ll look after Hamele in the lab’s medical bay. Rewby, Lux, Bowe, Talia, Kqidons. Get in. I’ll explain the game plan on how to take care of the hive in there.”
Bowe sighed and just shrugged it off if she could - somehow - and went on in. Kokoro was still, presumably, looking over Hamele at the time, unaware Ma'arz may be coming on in to do the same.

Talia smiled back at Lux as the emoji face came on the screen, but turned her head when Bowe entered. She smiled at the girl, and waved a bit. “So. You excited?” She asked. She wasn’t sure if excited was the right emotion, but Talia was excited to do a more.... explosive mission rather than recon.

Bowe saw her and managed a smile. "Bowe is a little nervous, but Bowe will do her best! As long as Bowe survives, Bowe is always excited!" She said with as much confidence as she could muster, letting out a cheerful laugh to try and cheer herself up - it's worth a shot, right?

Talia laughed fully at that, and nodded. “As long as you survive you’re always excited. That’s a good policy, Bowe.” She said, smiling lightly.

Bowe laughed. "What? Bowe still has so much she wants to do!" She joked honestly. "There's food, people, and Bowe still has so many years..." She droned on a little at the end, shrugging it off afterwards. She shook herself a little bit. "Bowe is a little nervous about said years, though..."

Talia nodded. All were valid reasons to want to stay alive. She faltered a bit at the years though. “Ah, me too Bowe. Me too.” She said, shaking her head a little. “But you shouldn’t be. We’ll be fine! There’s enough of us, we can take ‘em if it comes to that.” She said confidently.

Bowe looked up and laughed once again, any vestiges of a frown vanishing in an instant. "Bowe agrees! Bowe thinks we can do this!" She said confidently. "Bowe is also sorry she is speaking first person." She joked honestly, laughing.

Bowe silenced herself immediately and looked towards her, figuratively freezing once again.

Talia turned towards Susan, and made sure she looked like she was paying attention. She was, but sometimes she had a habit of not looking like it.

Susan pulls out a holographic device and activates it, where it shows the crew a 3D image of the general structure of a typical hive. "This here is the generic structure of a large Formic hive, hypnotized by our military Formic exterminators." Susan begins as she points at some of the oval spheres within the hologram. "The middle cave is where the Formic Queen usually resides in, where she lays her young drones to help increase the mass of their growing home. The rest of the caves serves other purposes necessary for their survival; egg hatcheries, nurseries, food storage, armories- and yes, they have armories." She explains to the rest of the crew in a serious tone. "Our mission is simple: all we need to do is to infiltrate the hive, using our scent-masking shell to our advantage, cripple their operations enough to leave their queen totally vulnerable, and kill her. Without the queen, there will be no leader for the Formics to follow. With no leader, the Formic hive will crumble... in a slight literal sense."

Bowe slowly took it all in and nodded calmly, not saying a thing to it. Just a search and destroy, no problem!

Talia nodded in confirmation, and crossed her arms. It seemed difficult, but then again it was only three things. Infiltration, destruction, and death. Simple enough. “Are we sticking together?” Talia asked, tilting her head slightly.

Lux nodded, as he already knew he'd be going alone, he did a systems check on his mask, and made sure the goop was spread evenly on his body.

“Are we sticking together?” Talia asked, tilting her head slightly.
“If you so wish.” Susan responds as switches the images from the 3D Formic hive interior to 2D blurry pictures of the hive currently on the planet; a large blob of dark brown mass covering the entire island, with many drones attacking the Martian defensive shuttles. “It will be no cakewalk, though. The drones are very protective of their hive and will attack any intruders; it is a serious high-risk operation.” Susan warns in a gravely serious tone.

Talia nodded in understanding, keeping her face neutral. She then laughed, shook and dry, before speaking. “Well, we’re highly trained individuals.” She said, a grin on her face.

Bowe thought about it. These drones did sound like annoying customers. And the fact there's supposedly tons upon tons of them poses a 'slight' problem, that there may be more or less nowhere to hide.

"The best of the best," Susan responds to Talia, nodding. "Alright, we need to get moving." She then goes to the cockpit of the shuttle. During that, Rewby nudges on Talia's shoulder. "You ever fought Formics before in your life?" She asked.

Talia looked at Rewby, and laughed. “Nope. I was an assassin, Rewby. I worked on stealth and one-on-one fighting. Plus silent murders. I’ve never fought a Formic in my life.”She admitted.

Talia shook her head, and put a finger up. “No, I told you I worked for the government. Which is true right now. But I was a hired assassin. I’m wanted in a ton of places at the moment, so I try to keep a low profile while I’m here.” She said. “Although every now and then I was hired to kill another assassin.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back