• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Fate of the Stars of Life (EPISODE 4: Formic Apocalypse)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
//oh gosh I’m sorry! School sucks, and my activity’s been dropping like crazy. >~<//

Talia bolted down the the hall, in the direction that she thought the ships were in. When she finally found the hanger, and saw the group, a smirk came over her face. Being as quiet as she could, she snuck up behind Kokoro and Lux. She then tapped them on their shoulders with a smile, attempting to scare them. “Boo.”

//Sorry, I'm on a small break, and I'm with family.//

Lux was going to respond to Susan, but was tapped on the shoulder by Talia. He, however, heard her coming with his advanced mask, and turned around, his faceplate showing a ": )" He waved a little, and then it read. "Hello."

He then turned back to Susan, and showed her his faceplate that said, "I don't know if I'll need the 5th human army. Drone operations would imply some recon, and fewer the better. I can just cave in some tunnels, and funnel them all through the small ones, or some main tunnels, and then completely trap them with some charges"

Being as quiet as she could, she snuck up behind Kokoro and Lux. She then tapped them on their shoulders with a smile, attempting to scare them. “Boo.”
Kokoro turned around a little and chuckled. "Now, normally I'd counter that with my own, but I don't want to. Hey, how's it going." She said calmly, seeming to have cheered up.

Talia scrunched up her nose, and crossed her arms in a small pout. “No fair.....” She muttered, before looking at all the ships. “At some point I’ll scare you. Promise.”

Kokoro laughed a little. "One does not simply scare the beings which practically 'live' to scare." She said, smiling. "But, maybe you will one day." She added, seeming perfectly calm as she looked to the ships as well.

He then turned back to Susan and showed her his faceplate that said, "I don't know if I'll need the 5th human army. Drone operations would imply some recon, and fewer the better. I can just cave in some tunnels, and funnel them all through the small ones, or some main tunnels, and then completely trap them with some charges."
"So, you suggest to cave in the Formic's drone operations?" Susan asked to make sure if she is understanding what Lux is suggesting. During this, Rewby quickly came in, carrying a medium-sized canister alongside Ma'arz, who is trying to help her despite his frail body. "HI, TALIA!" Rewby shouts.

Talia turned around as she heard her name, and smiled at Rewby. “Hi! You need any help?” She asked, before placing a hand on her hip.

“Yes. That is what I mean. Collapse all minor and small caves, leaving the main funnels which will be easier to contain.” His faceplate read as he nodded in affirmative.

Talia turned around as she heard her name, and smiled at Rewby. “Hi! You need any help?” She asked, before placing a hand on her hip.
"Nah, I think we're fin-" Rewby tried to say to Talia before being cut off by Ma'arz. "YES! YES! WE NEED HELP! [BY ALL OF ME'HEIR'S GLORY, THiS IS HEAVY!!]" Ma'arz shouts.
“Yes. That is what I mean. Collapse all minor and small caves, leaving the main funnels which will be easier to contain.” His faceplate read as he nodded in affirmative.
Susan nods, fully understanding what he meant now before she turned her head to Rewby and Ma'arz. "Is everything alright?" She asked.

Talia laughed, and walked over to where Rewby and Ma’arz were. She took the part Ma’arz was holding with ease, releasing him of the weight. “Oh, it’s not all that heavy.” It sure weighed a bit, but it wasn’t heavy.

”To you, it’s not. I am merely Martian; I do not possess the muscular mass necessary to lift such a heavy object.” Ma’arz responds as he followed Talia and Rewby to Susan, where they placed the canister to the ground. “Some scientists told me to bring to you, Captain,” Rewby informs Susan in a straightforward tone. “The canister contains a chemical compound designed to mask our scent and bend into the Formic drones.”

Last edited:
“That will make my job 1000x easier if I have access to a scent concealer.” Lux’s faceplate read. He went over to the canister, and studied it.

Lux isn’t sure if the security on the container, and continues to study it from the outside. He does touch the bolt though to see if it’s secure or not.

Talia smiled, and nodded. “Agreed. Not sure how strong my scent is, but I’m not taking chances.” She placed one hand on her hips, holding the other side of the barrel with one hand, but she didn’t drop it.

“Here, let me get that.” Ma’arz said as he borrows a wrench from Rewby’s person and uses it to remove the bolt on the canister barrel. He then removes the ring and partially opens it up, revealing a dark green, goo-like substance inhabiting the chemical barrel... and it smells HORRIBLE.

Lux didn't really react to the stench, and in fact moved closer to it, getting a better smell. "That would be able to repel almost any animal, excepting animals without noses." His faceplate said, and trying a small attempt at humor.

Talia did a fake retch, and scrunched up her nose. "Oh my god, that smells disgusting." She hissed, her eyes narrowed. "I'm so glad that I have to put that on myself." She said with crystal clear sarcasm.

“I don’t get it.” Rewby flatly states to Lux’s humor. Ma’arz also leans towards the barrel, though he can’t smell it because of his nitrogen helmet. “From what our non-Martian defensive forces have gathered, the scent of the Formics smell like the rotting flesh of long-dead animal carcasses, alongside with the horrid smell of the Mephitidae and a hint of garlic.” Ma’arz explains to Lux while also attempting to add humor. “So, do we just bathe ourselves into that goop?” Kqidons asked as she approached the quartet. “Depends on how you would mask your scent. This stuff is relatively harmless.”

Last edited:
Talia stared at Ma'arz with no humor, and took a deep breath. "Oh, how lovely. Not that I don't enjoy the smell of rotting flesh, but ill be washing my hair for weeks." She sighed, and shook her head. despite holding it, she leaned as far away from it as she could.

Last edited by a moderator:
“Don’t blame me for your troubles.” Ma’arz quickly and flatly responds. “Sheesh, what did they ADD to make this compound?” Rewby asked as she poked her finger into the vat of... whatever substance it is before lifting it back up, where it dropped back into it with the consistency of cooking oil

Talia looked at Lux and narrowed her eyes. "Your not going to put this stuff on your mask, are you? Cause this stuff looks like freaking tar." She hissed again, and scrunched up her nose. Something she did if she was angry or disgusted.

“My cloak is semi-hydrophobic. Most liquid will slide right off. I’m hoping this will stay a bit better, but since I’m quick enough, I just need to smear it around a little on my cloak, chest, legs, feet, and face. And I can clean my mask.” His faceplate reads, and he scoots back from the vat of disgusting compound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back