• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Fate of the Stars of Life (EPISODE 2: Space Piracy)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
He looks at her, and touches the mask self-consciously. "I keep the mask because of where I'm from. Differ from the crowd, you die. Make a sound, you die. I'm...scarred. Mentally and physically, as you noticed with my hands, which is scratching the surface. I feel that if anyone saw me without my mask, I'd die, in a metaphorical sense. Talia has seen the most of my face, but not all of it. I'm also just...not good at opening up." He writes, taking several pauses to think on what to write.

Bowe frowns in understanding. "Bowe thinks she understands... But at the same time, I don't know..." She said honestly - it was a hit or a miss. She can relate in some sense, but probably not understand the entirety of the short summary. She decided to keep Lux company, noticing his peaceful nature around her, as she didn't seem to mind keeping him company as such.

Despite him appearing calm, if you looked closer, you could see his pupils making frantic scans of the room for anyone looking at him, or medical personnel. He does manage to keep his calm, serene posture, though.

Lux flicks his head to the footsteps, pats Bowe’s head once, then jumps back into the shadowy corner. But if they have observatory tools like an infrared pair of goggles, or a careful eye, they’ll know where he is.

A small group of soldiers, surprising led by Susan Spearson, stormed into the cafeteria, all except the captain wearing protective armor. Susan was armed with a loaded dart gun and was wearing a pair of goggles and looked around the dark areas of the room, eventually finding Lux. Instead of directly telling her special-op guards, she begins to tap on her artificial, military-grade arm. Lux immediately recognizes that Susan is communicating with her soldiers via Morse code.

Talia walked into the caffiteria, in some sweatpants and t-shirt, and sees what’s going on. She opens her mouth, closes it again, and turns to leave. She was NOT planning on being used as a ‘happy medium’ for this. No thanks.

She could get some food and coffee later

Bowe was still in the corner of the cafeteria, unaware Lux had just left her, and was just sitting there comfortably and smiling brightly like nothing even happened. She eventually saw the small horde of soldiers, led by Susan, and froze like 'what are these guys doing'. She went silent as she just watched this all unfold - and never spoke for the next few minutes.

Lux sees that he’s cornered, and curses in his mind. He ‘hardens’ his cloak, which makes it basically bulletproof, and sprints down the wall towards where a ventilation shaft is. While running, Lux made a small wire bomb, that is in no way lethal or painful, and threw it at the unit, purposely missing Susan since he respects her. He realizes his feet are capable of being hit one second too late.

Susan rushes towards Lux, aiming her dart gun towards him. “LUX, STOP!!” Susan screamed before firing the weapon. The gun fired a autoinjector that flew to the sole of Lux’s foot. After the autoinjector hit his foot, he was suddenly felt his body washed by a sleepy and languorous feeling.

He starts slowing down as his eyelids go heavy, but he is determined to escape. He keeps forcing himself along the wall, but he realizes Susan is about to catch him. He trips on his own feet, curling into a ball, and rolling along the floor, trying to escape still. He soon can't even lift a hand and uses his neck and chin to pull himself pitifully along the ground. But he hits his chin too hard, and the mask pops off. He smashes his face instantly into the ground so no one saw, but he bloodied his own nose.

Susan eventually catches up to Lux, forcefully lifts up his head, and grabs another autoinjector. This time, she inserts the autoinjector into his neck, so the Martian-made anesthesia can go directly into his brain.

He glares his red eye at Susan, tears in his eyes as his face was seen, and then collapses unconscious on the ground, blood coming from his nose. His face was only seen by Susan, but it surprised her how young he was, and how scarred his face is.

Talia heard everything going on down the hall, and turned to see. She grimaced when she saw Lux fall, his mask falling off. She slowly approached them, and kneeled down to grab it. She replaced it before any one else could see, and sighed.

“He doesn’t like people seeing his face.” She said quietly, before standing up and moving by them.

Susan looks at Lux’s face, surprised that such a young man could get so many scars around his face and possibly his whole body. When Talia puts Lux’s mask back onto his face and informs her about the little trivia, Susan responds by saying “Well, it’s too late for that. I saw the entirety of his face... just... so many scars.” Susan then lifts his unconscious body and gives him to one of the soldiers who escaped the wire bomb. “Take him to the medical bay and MAKE SURE that he is affected by the Martian-made anesthesia before the blood transfusion. I don’t want another incident like this again.” She informed to the soldiers sternly. They all salute and leave the cafeteria. Susan then stretches her back and proceeds to grab a cold slice of pizza from the buffet area and start eating it. She usually prefers warm pizza, like every other Human, but by this point, she doesn’t have time to care.

Last edited:
//Yeah, and? Why would she want to get in the way of Susan and those soldiers who are already out of the cafeteria?

Talia groaned as Susan pointed out the scars. She Knew he wouldn’t be happy that she had seen his face, but non the less, that’s what happened. She went back into the cafeteria, snatching up her black coffee and some bacon. She sat down, and placed her head on the table, sighing in slight defeat.

Then she shoved some bacon in her mouth.

“I’ll be in my office, taking a nap. Have a good night’s sleep.” Susan said to Talia and Bowe as she leaves the cafeteria, still munching on the cold slice of pizza.

Talia just groaned, and shoved more bacon into her mouth.

“Whatever. I’ll probably train some more and then sleep for....” She held up several of her fingers. “Eleventeen hours.” She knew that wasn’t an actual time, but what the heck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back