• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Fate of the Obsidian Throne - Interest Check

Viper Actual

Ask me about my tourniquet fetish.
Supporter

Synopsis

The king is dead. Long live his memory and long live his house. With his death opportunity arises. The board is set and plans have been set in motion. Who will lay claim to the throne? Who will claim their rule of Tarkesia? It is a dangerous game. Alliances will be forged. Loyalties will be tested and friends will turn on one another. At the same time there is a rebellion to the west along the Golden Coast. Starvation in the north. Piracy in the Eastern Sea. The king, blessed be his memory in the eyes of the Holy Three, forfeited his duties. Order must be restored before all is lost.

Long live the Obsidian Throne. Long live Tarkesia.

Description

Fate of the Obsidian Throne is a character-based RP filled with political intrigues, schemes and hidden motives. It is centered around various members of the Tarkesian Royal Court. When the old king died, having succumbed to his sins, his house lost its claim on the throne. A new king must be crowned and soon, before the nation is nothing but ruins. As a member of the Royal Court you will need to amass enough support with the Royal Council to seize the crown from your opponents.

Or perhaps you're not in it for the throne? Perhaps you're a general seeking to become the King's Hand. Maybe you're a spymaster looking to rule from the shadows? You could even be a simple but fiercely loyal advisor doing everything in your can to ensure victory for a friend. The road to the throne is a dangerous one with many paths. Will you kill your way to the top or ally yourself with other like-minded individuals?

The choice is yours.

I will be looking for a minimum of 8 players before starting. Each player can have up to two separate characters though they cannot hail from the same family/house. The world of Tarkesia is young and unexplored- you will have plenty of freedom to create lore revolving around your characters and their respective houses, as well as the many peoples and cultures of Tarkesia.

Once enough players have shown interest I will create separate threads for characters sheets and lore. OOC will be handled through DMs and Discord.

I hope that I have sparked your interest and I am looking forward to hear from you.

Long live the throne.

Does this mean players can't create and control house NPCs?

If they are present then I see no reason why you shouldn't control them, though you should keep in mind that a majority of the NPCs will be court servants etc. under GM control.

Eh, sounds too heavily GMed for my preference for political intrigue roleplays.
It's your call, though I would like to state that as the GM I have no interest in micro-managing the players. From time to time I will control some NPCs to maintain momentum within the overall story- I hope you'll reconsider joining.

So this is basically a slightly offbrand Game of Thrones roleplay right? : p This looks like a lot of fun! I don't have a lot of faith in my ability to play intelligent, politically scheming characters though...

Hell, I'm in! If there's still space that is (:

I'm confident we have enough players to get the show on the road- stay tuned for further updates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back