Lorsh

Varlot
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
[on hold, making character sheets not recommended]

[Feel free to express interest, but I need to rework a bunch of stuff. In a nutshell though, you play as a Baron in a relatively disorderly kingdom in a low-fantasy setting. Each player will get a 1x1 thread, which will all be interconnected on the same map. You can still interact with other player characters, but you'd have to actually physically travel to them, send a letter, a representative of your faction or a lowly runner, etc. Info is filtered through by the GM, basically. There will also be plenty of NPCs and GM-imposed problems to deal with.]

[I am looking for interesting characters and stories, and both male and female characters - it's a sexist setting, but I'd like at least one lady regnant or regent. There won't be that many mechanics aside from troop numbers and sources of money, with most other things being based on the players' tactics & choices, GM guidance, and random.org.]

Fantasy - ◙ Fate of Steel | Character Sheet ◙

OOC

Bestiary

fate of steel logo.png

Fear and feudalism!

NOTES / RULES
  • GM word is law! (I often use random.org to help decide outcomes, and am always open to OOC questions. I have a few Co-GMs that I'll ratify certain things like battle results with. If you want to be a co-GM, you can ask.)
  • Society, weapons, armour and tech based on 13th century Europe
  • Violence warning (gore)​
  • Magic is rare & mostly illegal​
  • There is detailed lore, but most of what your character knows is their local area anyway (will post more after interests)​
  • Site your castle on one of the unnamed villages, take a preexisting one, or just find a new place on the map if you want​
  • I can only run a few RPs at once; I'll accept my favorite character sheets and add in more players once people drop out or have their faction get destroyed/character killed​
  • Each player will have a 1x1 thread, you can interact with other players but it will be through a 'fog of war' - you can't peek on other threads unless you have permission for some reason (but in general no metagaming)
  • I will probably make ms paint pixel retainers for you eventually if I am enjoying the RP!! (here are some infantrymen)​
commoninfantry v2.png
1realmapnamed.png

Last edited:
Can I create the greatest fiscal-military theocracy that the world has very seen? Leading my troops into battle in the name of their emperor?

Holy moly, glad to see you back in the saddle. Needless to say, looks very interesting!

Edit: Also, when you say 13th century Europe... which part of Europe are you more referring to? Are we talking central europe/HRE with the presence of Free Cities? Or more like France in the midst of the Albigensian Crusade? Or perhaps a menagerie of both/others?

Can I create the greatest fiscal-military theocracy that the world has very seen? Leading my troops into battle in the name of their emperor?
too large scale!

Also, when you say 13th century Europe... which part of Europe are you more referring to? Are we talking central europe/HRE with the presence of Free Cities? Or more like France in the midst of the Albigensian Crusade? Or perhaps a menagerie of both/others?
Mostly France/England (leaning France, slightly), but other stuff is fine to include bits of. Less Germany, the cities have charters and special rights, but are still controlled for the most part by powerful nobles/kings. Coats-of-plates would be uncommon, but still worn by Knights+ (average man-at-arms has full mail only)

Armour wise, this would be the max level (this much articulated plate would probably bankrupt your char though, it is king-tier armor and actually early 14th century but don't worry about it)

1643224787415.png

Some other pixel stuff that I can't be bothered to finish, just wanna RP somethin' (well, I guess it's mostly finished). More ideas for weapons and apparel.
board of weapons.png1643225943991.png

Last edited:

The RP takes place in the western realms away from the imperial lands where most nonhumans tend to be found, though they still exist

Aedor, aka the 'Old Kingdom' or 'Empire' was a horrible place where they'd give you leprosy or turn you into a mutant if you disobeyed them, created humanoid subspecies with arcane, stuff along those lines. Considered hell-on-earth by the Holy Temple, it fell several hundred years ago and became a series of splinter states which were occasionally crusaded against

Lore looks good! Is there a formal character sheet that you're planning on posting eventually? Or should we just throw out our ideas/concepts and just talk it out with you?

Lore looks good! Is there a formal character sheet that you're planning on posting eventually? Or should we just throw out our ideas/concepts and just talk it out with you?
Gonna post it soonish, you can throw out ideas on here though!

Might an Inquisitor from the Holy Temple be an option? Trying to unite the world under the Temple's rule?(But it starts out small as a splinter factions and grows as it gains support)

Roger, I'm personally thinking along the lines of a character that's largely influenced by the Norman adventurers, particularly William I of Hauteville. The character's forefather was a simple mercenary captain at the time in service of King/Duke/whoever was in charge of seizing Duchy of Westric and adding it to the Kingdom. For their loyal service, they were given land/a noble title, and since then the family has spent quite a lot of time trying to establish legitimacy by marrying with other established nobles etc etc as they're one of the more newer noble families to have been created in more recent history.

Had an idea of a Knight bachelor inheriting the lands and titles of his lord via marriage to his daughter after his death in localised conflict

Also, changed from Westric to Aestron

Last edited:
Roger, I'm personally thinking along the lines of a character that's largely influenced by the Norman adventurers, particularly William I of Hauteville. The character's forefather was a simple mercenary captain at the time in service of King/Duke/whoever was in charge of seizing Duchy of Westric and adding it to the Kingdom. For their loyal service, they were given land/a noble title, and since then the family has spent quite a lot of time trying to establish legitimacy by marrying with other established nobles etc etc as they're one of the more newer noble families to have been created in more recent history.
Awesome. My character is based off of the Burgundians. During the hundred years war the Burgundians were a Cadet Branch of the Royal French line who gained quite a lot of power and actually sided with the English monarchs and their claim to the French Throne because medieval politics.

More generally though, my character is based on the powerful Noble Families who were frequently at odds with the centralizing French Monarchs. Eventually they came to be known as "Robber Barons"

I decided to give it a little more nuance/propoganda depending on who you believe. You see, I did not ABDUCT my wife, her Father refused to let us marry so we eloped!

Also, might be some delays, I've decided the map is too small. I've also removed Dukes from the playing field, the ruler of Sunwick is now an Earl. Consequently, I'm limiting people to Barons, and primarily 'nerfing' based on starting locations, marriages and backstory advantages rather than titles.

Also, if anyone is curious as to who the overlord of a particular city, you can ask - it might not be the same name as the city itself.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread