• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fate/No Order IC

Rider's question towards the Master and Servant pair was quickly answered by its own subject matter. With cat-like grace, the tan woman appeared in the corner of his vision. She landed nearly on top of him with only a few scant inches separating the two of them. She was dexterous enough to have made such a leap without making enough noise to draw attention to herself. Of less comfort was the odor wafting off of her, the sweetly dull scent of sake was coming off her in waves.

Rider psychically jumped when she landed, almost losing his balance (he simply felt one foot nearly give way but luckily it remained solid on the ground) and letting out a meek noise. He covered his mouth with a hand in the hopes that none present had heard the less then masculine sound. He awkwardly tuned towards the new entrant into the conversation, his eyes still wide with shock, a slight wetness to them from embarrassment.

On closer inspection, she was attractive. Even in her drunken state there was a pronounced effect of grace about her. He did his best to regain his composure, removing his hand from his mouth and letting slide back into the fold of his cape. The situation turned truly dire when she leaned in closer, her arms going behind her back and her smile appearing almost predatory in nature. His composure was thrown out the window as his face flushed with color and heat. He looked sideways crinkling his mouth in a thin smile as she asked her questions. Questions that put him on the backfoot. In the safety of his cape, his hands were in his pockets, the tight space keeping them from shaking out of existence.

“I am the Rider class Servant, Oda Nobukatsu. It's a pleasure to meet you, Yoroshiku onegaishimasu.”He spoke slowly and deliberately, keeping his pacing and making sure he spoke his words correctly. Saying the last part in Japanese felt forced, but saying 'Please be kind to me' out loud to a girl made his head swim with future embarrassment. He gave the best bow he could with his hands in his pockets, more of a hard lean then a real bow. “Aine is indeed my Master. Have you already met with her?”

He was glad that someone had already taken the time to introduce themselves to his Master. Maybe the two of them could be friends even. He wanted nothing more then his Master to have a healthy social life, for her to make friends and have people to rely on. It also meant that this 'Poca' could be proof that she was changing her mind on how she saw Servants as well. Loosening up on her strict belief that all Servants were dangerous to a fault.

So, why was his chest so tight? Why did he feel that something was off? He wasn't an authority on dealing with other people but something about the way Poca was standing, speaking, or perhaps smiling, was throwing him off. Something about her was unsettling him.

MocaPoka MocaPoka

Aine let out a sigh of her own as Ana didn't take offense to her refusal to shake hands. She gave a tiny smile to the other girl as she introduced herself as Anastasia, preferring Ana. Lucas's focus seemed to have shifted to Da Vinci and the current situation. He had ignored her remarks, which was understandable. She was simply trying her best to add to the conversation despite her lack of knowledge.

“I've only been with Cheldea a few weeks now, most of that time was spent training since my family had a more country style of mage rearing. I can only do one type of magic, however. Posion. Far less useful then healing magics, I must say, but I hope to be an adequate admission to the team.” Aine clicked her tongue in her mouth. She was outclassed in study at the very least. She wasn't about to start throwing around her families name or it's recognition, instead trying to keep the focus on the other girl.

“And how new are you to say that? You make it sound like you'd be surprised someone so young might be your senior.” Aine made sure to add a slight accusatory tone to her voice, superficially making herself sound more offended then she really was. She wasn't worried much about social ranking or classism. She didn't exactly have the time or energy to act like her name would be more or less important then anyone else's.

In the lull after asking her question, she took a moment to discreetly peer over at her Servant, hoping that he hadn't done anything to embarrass her. She would prefer if he kept his mishaps to himself. To her surprise Archer was talking to him. To her shock, she was standing rather close to him. To her horror, she was smiling with him the same way women smiled at men late into the evening, when they were planning to do things of ill repute. What could a woman like Archer see in a fop like that? Maybe she saw a man she could twist around her finger and use as she wanted as a walking mana replenisher.

The idea of them doing those kinds of deeds saw her face drain of color.

LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87

Last edited:
"Poison is useful in it's own right." She said, trying to make her feel better. "I come from a heavily... Traditional family of elemental mages. Ice just sorta stuck frst." She said, listening to her next words. Why was she offended? It made no sense, she wasn't trying to be mean. "I meant nothing by it, I was only curious... I've been here for a few months, but you probably have more experience than me... I haven't done anything recently due to a... Training accident." She said, but she didn't say what it was. Her head tilted as the woman next to her paled, her eyes following her gaze.

"Are you ok...? What's wro-... Oh... Is she ok?" She asked. "Or is it your Servant you are worried about?"
SunRaHunter SunRaHunter

Archer
A Cheshire grin of mischievous intent spread across Rebecca's face at the taller male's reaction to her presence. He was nervous in the “fun and cute way.” The same way the youngest of the settler men or the more sheltered of noble boys of London had been around her when she causally decided to talk with them. They were usually the type of men who were looked down upon by their fellows and superiors for their shyer nature; the type that often just needed the softer touch and kinder words from a woman to get past their often deeply rooted fears.

Even in the flowing tides of inebriation that were still rising within her, Archer concentrated as the Rider class Servant spoke with careful and deliberate intent. The slow pacing made his words easy to follow, however the Japanese Servant spoke his native tongue towards the end. Poca; with great wisdom and Shaman like fortitude suppressed the urge to stick her tongue out at Nobukatsu as he spoke in a language she didn't understand... yet. Regardless his words were polite; his carefully controlled voice (not counting the startled squeak he gave from earlier), awkward body postures, and nervous smiles, informed her he was simply a cute shy boy.

She was already enjoying his bashful presence around her; Lucas had acted similarly at first but had for the most part grown used to her “cheery self” now. The Japanese Rider bowed and answered her true question that yes he was the Servant of Aine. Enjoying the male's nervous antics she had almost forgotten she still had a duty to make sure Aine wouldn't suffer from the Od withdrawals. With great reluctance she forced the spirits dancing happily in her body to quiet and adopted her “I am a woman and very upset with you posture.”

Standing straight, crossing her arms over her chest, a slight flair to the hip angled towards the male, and a very displeased expression adorning her features. Frown with a slight pout to her lips, glaring eyes with an emphasized arch to her eyebrows, giving an overall sense of “I'm upset. Why would you upset me, and how are you going to fix it?”

“I did meet little Aine... who was on the verge of death from mana withdrawal! As a Servant you should know better! If I hadn't found her she very well could have died in her sleep!” Archer's voice was firm and comparably much louder than before to emphasize her displeasure. The sake in her system was however still very prevalent, so she pointed an angry finger at the Rider class Servant, mostly so she could focus her unfriendly sober thoughts at him while she fought off the need to start rocking from side to side in drunken contentedness.

“You need to limit your burden on her as much as possible! That means sleeping, eating, and remaining in spiritual form when you are able to! Also you need to make sure she doesn't push past her magical limits! The mages are naturally stubborn but you are a Heroic Spirit! A guardian and example for the younger souls of the Earth! You have a duty and responsibility to care and guide the living! Do you understand Oda Nobukatsu!” Finished with her admonishment for now, Rebecca stopped her accusatory pointing and placed both hands on her hips in clear communication that she was waiting for a response that would ease her ire, and expected nothing less.

SunRaHunter SunRaHunter

Last edited:
Da Vinci carefully thought over Lucas' words, "Well, they've attacked twice now. The first one was no doubt in response to our doings in London. The whole time, it felt like the enemy was trying to deduce our location, and the first attack was the succession of that." She didn't mince any part of her explanation. "And this was just to get the grail. If they're able to pinpoint Chaldea's location with ease now, there'd be no point in sitting around much longer." And it was true; now was the time for an invasion of their own. "I'm going to have a fellow caster assist in determining the location of the enemy and Lancelot. It might take a day or two, even with both of us working on it. In the mean time, I'll need you to discuss all of what I've recited, with everyone else. I would have Roman do it, but...." The doctor would need plenty of time to fully recover; Da Vinci knew this and was left as the effective current one in charge. "I'll need to work double time; we can't have any more losses. Not from all of you; it's getting too depressing."

Part of the inventor felt especially terrible for Lancelot in a way; despite him being the cause of Roman's injury. "That whole situation just gives me a bad feeling; I must haste!" Da Vinci sidestepped the master with a politeful excuse me.
Dragonruby Dragonruby

Skorl was not really sharing the boisterous atmosphere of the two servants over yonder. Especially when Archer stepped forward, with cheery greetings and words for Rider."How did you manage to get alcohol in here?" He asked her, after she had gone through most of her inebriated banter. Surely, they wouldn't just allow Servants and masters free access to the stuff, if the kitchen maintained a supply in it's fridges. Raikou was about to tell him not to go near alcohol as well, but Skorl had enough for right now. Changing his aim to exiting the cafeteria, "If you'll pardon me, Raikou, I've got some stuff to do in my room. You can stay here for now." He stated. Raikou frowned and let her master go, saddened by his eagerness to leave again.

"He's doing it again," She solemnly worried. "Why does he not want to stick too close to me, like he should?" Raikou held her hands together and shouted to Rider. "Did I do or say something wrong?!" By the look in her eyes, she really wants that to be the truth; that it was an accident of her causing, and not any fault of her master. Of course, this only made the situation more uncomfortable for the male servant, as he still had to answer to Archer as well.

SunRaHunter SunRaHunter MocaPoka MocaPoka

Last edited:
Saber let Lancer ramble on, her argument was valid in all but one regard. Saber doubted she would ever be in a position where she would need their help. She was the strongest Servant in the group, it was far more likely that they would call on her to help them. She gave a 'hmm' of confirmation for the smaller servant, letting her to continue her belief that she was making valid points.

It wasn't even that she didn't like them, they were amusing in their own regards. Avengers and Archer both had a strange sense of optimism, the latter filled with pride that would make Mordred blush. Then again, this variation of the traitor-son was less prideful. Rider could make a mean glass of chocolate milk, which in this day and age was a useful skill in its own right. The only one that put her on edge was Assassin. The woman hadn't been seen they had returned.

Lancer's complaints pulled her from her introspection, quietly whining about the gender of their most recent Servant.

“Perhaps you should hold judgment until we're on the battlefield. Archer is smaller then he is, but her Noble Phantasm was stronger then I expected. It seems strength comes in small packages here.” Saber leaned back, crossing her legs at the ankle and letting her elbows lean on the edge of the table. She drifted back into her thought's.

With Assassin gone, she could perhaps make a pact with John. He would be a more reliable source of Mana then the Cheldea. She would just have to give him one simple stipulation; he would need to stop treating her as if she was just another part of a different Servant. How would mortal humans like it if she started treating them all as if they were interchangeable.

TelisOldfield TelisOldfield

Tokugawa changed her mind, her friends posture and tone of voice invigorating her to take stance against her enemy. Archer had made a point to declare their alliance and she would be a terrible ally to leave her friend to fight this battle alone. She stood up, taking a deep breath and saddling forward to contend with the foe. She approached from the other side of Archer, taking note that Berserker was seemingly upset about something as well, and accosted the male for it. Tokugawa had no idea what he had done to upset the Berserker but her drunken mind stowed the thought, instead fighting off the butterflies that were amassing in her stomach.

She approached quickly and suddenly, a sneak attack, that would have made Hanzo proud. She circled around and came up behind the man. She might not have known him in life so she stuck with the tried and true tactic of focusing on what had hurt his pride the most.

“He can't even take care of one girl, Poca. Can you imagine how terrible of a father he must have been that his own children changed their family name so they wouldn't be associated with him?” She smiled, staying further away they Poca had been when she had arrived. “Though, you must have balls of steel to show your disgusting face around here! And your clothes! What are you playing at? You're not a lord, you led your men to naught but their graves!”

She gave a beaming smile to Poca, swelling with pride at her accomplishment at attacking a weaker while he was already on the back foot. This pincer attack had been carried out with flawless precision. There was no way the Oda could recover from it.

SunRaHunter SunRaHunter MocaPoka MocaPoka BlightGiver BlightGiver

The moment was lasting longer then she expected, but was brought to a tentative end as John reached out and pulled her chin towards him, making her face him. In any other circumstance, she would have have knocked his hand away and then knocked him out. Something about people touching her face always put her on edge and made her very uncomfortable. It was hard to get a grasp on what he was thinking, aside from his concern for his Servant.

And the way he spoke was strange; for whatever reason, he was apologizing to her. He hadn't done anything wrong however, he was just hurting. She nodded as he spoke, not really sure what else to say or do. He wasn't wrong though that he had a whole ton of mess to deal with inside his head. His last question made her lift an eye brow though. It wasn't that she hadn't thought about at least trying tobacco, it just seemed like every time she used a computer in the rec room to watch that YouTube website, there were plenty of ads about why smoking was bad.

“I can't say I have. YouTube keeps telling me it's bad. I mean, it must be if there's an entire organization trying to get it removed from the entire planet and keep children from even trying it.” She cupped a hand around her chin, thinking about it before continuing. “But it seems as though only youth's and the elderly are affected by it, and I'm neither of those things so perhaps there's no risk to me?”
The more nuanced things of the modern world were hard to wrap her head around, try as she might.

Syvvaris Syvvaris

“The male is my Servant, Rider. He's not very bright, nor is he very confident. I'm just worried he's going to do something that he'll do something truly stupid.” She watched as the other Japanese Servant jumped into the fray, insulting Rider from behind. She knew she shouldn't turn her back on her own Servant, at least with other Masters around who could see it as a moment of weakness. Yet. She did. Aine turned away from the small cluster of angry women around her Servant, focusing on Ana instead.

“He has a tendency to say or do something only the worst dullard would.” She ran a hand across her face and through her hair, noting the amount of sweat and grime seemed to have finally quelled on its own accord. “That said, I wouldn't worry about it. He's an adult and will sort it out himself.” Or runway, she noted with out saying out loud.

“May I ask where you hail, Ana? You're obviously not from the States or the Union.” She crossed her arms, not wanting to seem closed off, just one of her usual stances. Since she was finally feeling more and more like herself she found herself falling back into a more natural pace.

She was making small talk because it was the proper thing to do. Manners had been an important part of her parents upbringing and hadn't been lost on her. Ana seemed like she meant well enough, she was certainly disarming with her calm person. She didn't seem the kind who would focus to much on the drama between people.

Rider's chest tightened, bringing him to the precipice of panic. Archer had not only met Aine, but had found her in such a state of distress that she had been helped by the aforementioned Archer. Rider knew what was coming next as Archer berated him; not that he didn't deserve it. He knew he had been naught but a burden to his Master so far. Between draining herself with training and his own usage of her mana, Aine had found herself in a life-threatening spot.

Rider's eyes fell to the floor, shame flooding into him. The bill of his hat blocking his eyes from view. He owed his Master an apology, he owed Archer both an apology and his gratitude. Before the words could form, he wanted to at least right a few things; his Master had been the one to tell him to stay out of Spirit form from the idea that he would be capable of spying on her whenever he wanted; plus the order to remain in his room so she would know where he was at all times. He didn't want to use them as exscuses.

Which brought up the other problem. If Archer had made friends with his Master, then he would openly disavow her by being honest. He would make his Master look bad if he was honest, possibly losing the first friend she had made since arriving at Cheldea. He bit his lip, not sure what to say other then 'Sorry and thank you.' He lost the chance to speak first when Raikou-ue spoke up, loudly. In the already close proximity of the two women her voice carried much more then she might have thought it would have. He didn't know if she was actually in need of help or was trying to disarm the situation, but he turned at the waist to at least give her his attention.

And only seconds later there was a third voice added to the chorus of women yelling at him. The other Japanese Servant was now behind him as well, her insults cutting further into him then he had expected. The last thing he expected anyone to bring up would be his sons. The rest of her insults paled in comparison to the fact that his own sons had disowned him in death. His emotional well being finally gave way, a few stray tears actually managing to break through the barrier and stroll down his cheeks. He mumbled out a word or two as apology, turning to Poca as he mind began to finicky form responses to everything said, not knowing who to direct which apology at.

To save what little face he had, he entered Spirit form, vanishing from the kitchen and the others. It was cowardly. He would never live down the shame of it. Moments later, he came back into the living world; back in the safe comfort of his room. He collapsed at his table, letting out a shaky breath as he calmed himself down. A nervous and twitching hand rising up to run through his hair, sweat slicked as it was. His hat fell to the ground as it was pushed off his head from the action. Without reason to stay up, he figured he would turn in for the night. His first foray into the social life of Cheldea had gone terribly. He had put his Master in danger, infuriated two other Servants, and left Raikou to deal with her problems herself. Hopefully the other two would be kind enough to assists her with whatever was bothering her. And he never got a chance to talk to Shielder.

Poca had been right that he should try and sleep more to keep his Master from draining away all of her mana on his account. He quietly promised himself to try and do better, no matter what.

CatJones CatJones MocaPoka MocaPoka BlightGiver BlightGiver

Archer
“It came from a little bottle.” a drunk Archer answered Skorl's question grumpily, keeping up her unhappy attitude even in the face of Toko's goofy smile.

Rebecca's eyes quickly widened with growing horror as the male Japanese Servant reacted to her words with far more shame, distress, and raw quiet emotion than she had expected. Worst Berserker added to the drama with the withdrawal of her Master, and Toko's hurled insults seemed to bleed the man's soul. She didn't understand the concept of children changing a family name very well or even how someone could change it. When she had married and become a Rolfe she had still been a Powhatan. Renouncing a family or Tribe seemed silly to her; like renouncing having a certain hair color or being from a certain land. She was also confused why Toko insulted his style of dress, perhaps it was for successful lords only?

The wounded man's head was down now, the shadows created by his pointy hat covering his face, but not enough to where her shorter height didn't allow her to spot his tears. Rebecca gasped in soft horror at the extent her and the other women's words had hurt the now mumbling man. He disappeared into spirit form before she could even begin to think of what to do or say. The Native girl was left with watering eyes and soul wrenching regret at her actions. She had known from the first ten seconds of interaction with him that the Servant had been a softer soul than most. He likely could barely handle any form of criticism let alone an all out attack from people that should have been welcoming to a new member of their war-band.

She had done something that was evil and outright sinful. She had disrupted, if not destroyed, the man's harmony with himself and the group. Harmony; the natural balance and peace of man, animal, spirits, nature, and the world itself was sacred. A sacred state of being and living that was blessed, and meant to be cherished and protected. She had been the catalyst of it's ruin in this moment of what should have been new friendship... it was shameful and near unforgivable.

If she hadn't been drinking, Rebecca would have felt anger at herself and Toko for the nightmarish social faux pas. She would have lectured Toko on the rudeness of her words and then gone to apologize to the other Japanese Servant for both her and Toko's actions. However the alcohol swirling in her body did not rise into wrath within the Native Princess... instead she sunk into an overwhelming ocean of sadness. The naturally empathetic woman imagined if she had been in Nobukatsu's position, and learned that her son had “changed their family name” so people wouldn't think he was her son anymore...

"W-why... why were we so cruel...?" the heartbroken woman quietly asked herself and everyone around her.

Pocahontas; for the first time since being summoned to the modern world, broke down in tears. The sudden emotion and strong alcohol mixing violently, creating a drunken mess of a girl who collapsed to her knees. In a small corner of her mind that was still sober, she knew she was overreacting and behaving shamefully... the other far more overpowering drunken part of her mind didn't care. Hugging herself and giving a pathetic attempt to control her leaking tears and soft sobs, Pocahontas called out mentally to closest thing she had to family in this New World she had been called into.

“L-Lucas... what have I done? I hurt someone...”

BlightGiver BlightGiver SunRaHunter SunRaHunter Dragonruby Dragonruby

Last edited:
“Right...” Lucas said a little skeptically as he pursed his lips into a frown. “I’ll get right on that...” He couldn’t help but feel like Da Vinci had just dumped the problem onto his lap to handle, telling him to address the situation to everyone present in the absence of her usual gopher. Still, he said nothing, allowing Da Vinci to rush off. As much as he hated being passed the buck in terms of the current situation, he couldn’t really blame her for having more important things to do. Finding a way to strike back was certainly top among their list of priorities.

Lucas was left to his own thoughts now, pondering on how to best catch everyone’s attention without making himself seem like a complete fool. Simply hopping up onto a table and telling everyone to listen up was probably the simplest route, but Lucas had never been particularly good at public speaking. Maybe if he took a moment to go over what he was going to say...

His thoughts were interrupted by Archer, and for a moment, irritation welled up inside of him. He was in the middle of something right now, dammit, and this time he could at least say it was something at least half-way important. Couldn’t he get five minutes without something else happening?

All these thoughts drained away when he turned to face Archer, leaving behind only a cold and sinking feeling deep inside his gut. “What in the...?” Lucas murmured to himself, almost breathlessly as he stared in stunned silence. And then, instantly, he was moving. He hadn’t even realized he’d approached her, feeling like he’d simply crossed the distance in a single stride as he knelt down in front of his servant, at a loss for what to do. Catching sight of Skorl walking off, he was reminded of his earlier task, but he quickly pushed it aside. This was more important, and he’d find everyone later if he had to.

“Hey, what happened?” Lucas asks first, dropping a hand onto her shoulder as he peered into her eyes in an attempt to discern the situation. He had to look away after a second, however as he quickly realized that he should be comforting her, not interrogating her right now, and he quickly moved to correct himself. “Come on... Don’t worry, Arch-... Rebecca... everything’s going to be alright... you’ll... I’m sure you didn’t mean it. Don’t worry, I’m here for you...” he says, dropping to his knees in order to pull her into a hug. Lucas bit down at the inside of his cheek, feeling somewhat out of place comforting her like this... he doubted he was doing a very good job, but she’d called out for him specifically. It wasn’t as if he could just leave it to someone else, and he wanted to be there for her too, if it meant that he could soothe her in any small way possible.

His eyes slid up towards Avenger briefly, narrowing into a suspicious glare. What the hell had happened while he wasn’t looking. The other Servant he hadn’t recognized from earlier, dressed in black and red, was gone now, but he’d managed to catch the last vestiges of Tokugawa’s gleeful smile before Pocahontas dragged his attention solely onto her. Was it the alcohol that she had fed his Servant? Perhaps he was simply reacting on sheer instinct, looking for someone to blame, but after having Archer as his Servant for so long, never had he ever seen her break down like this. Archer had always seemed so... mature. Calm and collected. It was usually her giving out the advice and lecturing him after all. Now she just seemed like a girl in need of a friend.

He sighed, closing his eyes as he simply focused on calming Rebecca down.

CatJones CatJones BlightGiver BlightGiver MocaPoka MocaPoka

Mordred's naivety on what John had in his hands brought a fleeting smile. "It is true that smoking is bad for your health, but so is everything in the world." John held up the 'cigarette' to his nose and sniffed a faint yet strong aroma of mary jane. "In this world that we live in. There are organizations that demonize everything you could possibly do in life. Food, alcohol, sex, pets, exercise, and magic. I personally believe you should enjoy life with what you like, because for most of humanity death is ineveitable." The anticipation of smoking one of his favorite items to smoke lightened his mood slightly, and he held up the 'cigarette for Mordred to smell it. "Give it a quick sniff and you may realize it is definately not tobacco that's in it."

Whether Mordred did or did not test the wrapped plant, John pulled out a Zippo from one of his pockets, lit the joint and took a few puffs. He blew the strong aromatic haze away from Mordred and offered her to try. Though the effects of this Alien Rift Indica were not immediate, he did feel a bit looser in his shoulders. Soon, and only momentarily, the intense dread and sorrow will be gone. "Whether or not you feel like joining for the ride of your life, it's your choice." he offered her a way out, but knowing better than to stand in the hallway with a joint, he did motion for them to start walking away from the rest of the Masters and Servants.

AJustKnight AJustKnight

Mordred raised an eyebrow at the Masters explanation. It sounded like he was just describing the church. They always had a hand in everything, telling people how to live and how to behave. They chose who to make a pariah and who to make king. It seemed to much power for one group. Still, such an institution had it's merits. They brought faith to the world.

Mordred leaned in, taking a cautious sniff at the wrapper. An overpowering earthy smell, either so sweet it stung or so potently earthy that it but, hit her. She scrunched her face and pulled away, surprised by the odor. Not to say that she wasnt interested in it.

"What exactly is that? I've never smelled something so strange yet enticing. You say it's not tobacco." She pulled out of his way, watching as he lit the joint and motioned her away from the others. Part of her felt that she should stay, her Master and Rider were both still here, as far as she could tell.

But curiosity was a stronger calling, and she followed the Master of Assassin instead.

Syvvaris Syvvaris

"Yeah but Poca is a girl, so that's fine. He's a boy. He shouldn't be strong. He should just stay out of our way." She watched with some bumesment as the male Servant was finally pushed away from them. Avenger had managed to drive him away, getting him to go into spirit form and vanish.

Lancer let out a low chuckle, pointing at the sight to Saber. To her it was as fun as the court jesters from growing up, especially once she was allowed to push them off their balancing sticks and throw their props aside. She figured Saber would be less amused and didn't bother to wait for her response. A far more important event was happening. Something terrible and destiny altering

Poca was crying. Lancer hopped from her seat, and made her way to the side of her ailing friend.

"POCA!" She shrieked, "What's the matter?! What did that gross boy do to you!?"

"Alien Rift cush, my dear friend." John said after he took another toke. "It's Marijuana or Cannibis, a plant from the Americas that mellows you out. The distinctive aroma lingered around the hallway as they headed towards a breakroom a few halls down from the kitchen. "Though Im sure you did not have either tobacco or cannibis while you were originally alive, but the effects are like alcohol. Instead of slurred speak you get to try speaking without giggling and you get really hungry. No hang overs." He walked into the breakroom first and was glad that no one was present. He sat down on the semi-comfortable couch and beckoned Mordred to sit next to him.

"If you want to try it, hold the joint between your index and thumb and take a few puffs in secession and exhale." He demonstrated after his brief explanation and held it out for her to try it once more. "Like alcohol, you'll feel it after a few puffs." Whether Mordred took the offer or not wouldn't bother him the slightest. Just being able to share a little bit about a hobby of his would be enough to help him forget about the dump truck amount of self-doubt he has. It was to bad that that Assassin never took him up on his offer to enjoy this hobby, and the rest of his hobbies, with him.

AJustKnight AJustKnight

Saber let Lancer have her fun, the naive belief that female servants were just naturally stronger playing as a cold joke between them. Gilgamesh was insanely strong, as was Iskandar, Cursed Arm Hassan, and Hercules. It was funny in its own naive way. She gave a faint grin as the tiny Servant leaped from the table to try and comfort her friend. Saber had only been paying the faintest attention to the happenings of the others.

Archer was on the ground crying, upset about something or another. To the black hearted swordswoman, it was a waste of time and energy. To pity yourself rather then learn from the mistake and move on, stronger and better for it. She stood from her seat, gallantly walking over to the other side of the cafeteria. And exiting, retracing her steps back towards where she had met that male Servant.

As soon as was she was out of sight, or as far as she could tell, she let her armor come back on. She didn't notice her bastard son or Master of Assassin in the hall, instead focusing on the path she had taken to the cafeteria. After a quick backtracking session, she came across what she was certain was the room Rider had come out of. She needed to handle this with nuance. With subtlety. With grace.

She brought a steel wrought hand up to the door, balled it into a fist and slammed on the door with just enough control to not destroy the door. Sure, the screws were probably a little more loose now, but they were still in their holes. She got into a combat stance, ready to grab whoever came out.

SunRaHunter SunRaHunter

Avenger could have sworn they had been the best of friends just a few minutes ago. They had been united in attacking the Oda, putting that pretender in his place. Why had she called her cruel, treated her like it was a betrayal of her trust? Had they not both committed to an alliance? Maybe Poca just didn't understand what it meant to be an ally against a certain enemy? Either way, the grin drew away from her lips. Her head was buzzing. It was like her mind was filled with so much joy it had no where to go, so it bounced around inside her skull.

She was Avenger. If the choice came up with one side being this friendship that she so readily wanted, so readily nurtured; and one more Oda corpse on the other side. Could she choose what mattered most to her? Or would she be far gone enough to make the one her instincts wanted. She lifted a hand to hold her head, the buzzing turning into a pounding pain. She was refusing her class' most important role; revenge.

How long, she wondered, could she hold on this little bit of kindness in her chest. How long until this struggle became one-sided. Surrounded by so many people, she had never felt so alone in all her life. No, that wasn't true. She still had when she had murdered her son, butchered her wife. She gave a slight grin, forcing herself to make a decision. She would stay away from the Oda for now. She had given into that temptation once today, and it had already cost her more then she was willing to pay.

She looked at her crying friend. For once she was there to see the effects of her bad choices, and it turned what was left of the sake in her body into poison. She had given them both poison and told a lie, fueled and made true by that poison. Poca didn't want to hurt people, she knew that, the little princess just wanted to be friends with people. She had even tried to befriend Saber. She had strained a friendship that hadn't even started yet. She had hurt her friend.

Avenger gave Lucas a long stare, absent minded and dull.

“Lucas. I didn't meant for this. I'm sorry.” She stepped away from the small group, before entering spirit form herself. She needed to be alone for the night. She needed to think of a way to right this.

Dragonruby Dragonruby MocaPoka MocaPoka

SunRaHunter SunRaHunter

She glanced back to Rider. She wanted to help, but she didn't want to leave Aine, seem like a bad person, trying to handle her affairs for her. She looked back at her with a kind smile. Sorry if I'm bothering, Shielder, please help Rider out? She asked mentally, before speaking herself.

"You would be correct in your assumption... I am not from the States. Poland, actually. Wonderful place, I would recommend it. Never overly hot with a nice winter. Almost paradise." She said, offering for her to take a seat. "Please sit down, if you don't mind, standing can be rather dreadful at times."

Aine watched in a cold sweat as her Servant bolted out of existence, his mana drain lessening before returning, though her spastic Servant did not. Rider was probably back in his room, she guessed as there was almost no where else for him to really retreat to otherwise. She cringed at the fact that he ran away from two aggressive woman and a slightly befuddled Berserker. He had admitted during their powwow when they had been bare with each other that he was very unfamiliar with the fairer sex since he had been seen as the less attractive option in his family for potential suitors. That didn't excuse running from a social situation and leaving her to deal with all these new people completely alone. She was on the verge of visibly cringing when she thought about that fact; relying on Rider for support.

She let it go, instead taking Ana up on her offer to sit down. She didn't mind standing for long periods of time, but in her current state, sitting was a more preferred option. She sat as gracefully as she could muster, trying to keep up the composure that she was in good health and not desperately tired. Ana made good conversation in confirming her suspicious the girl was from a Slavic state. She seemed proud of her nations weather patterns. Not that there was much to say about Ireland. Damp would be a good definer.

“I see. Poland sounds nice. I'll definitely have to add it to the bucket list. I've yet to see your Servant for long enough to get a good feel for who they are. What Heroic Spirit are they?” How strange the idea of living next to spirits of ancient heroes. Aine asked the question almost out of being well-mannered. Like she was more worried about being courteous then actual curiosity.

Rider couldn't sleep. Not because some part of his body was to awake to fall to sleep, but rather his mind was to active. Despite his best attempts to ease the feelings of shame that hugged his body like a wet blanket, he couldn't shake them. How many of his new teammates had he acted so rashly around? Poca, the other Japanese woman, and Raikou. Surely his Master had seen as well and there would be no living that down. He made a mental note that he would need to apologize to each of them individually, the fact of which was making his cheeks burn against the cool side of his pillow.

Rider chewed on his lip, rolling over the for umpteenth time as he reviewed the days twists and turns. For a brief moment he considered simply writing apologies but realized that would only make him seem more cowardly. Why did social interaction have to be his bane? He liked the idea of talking to people and had good conversations with Mordred, staying up all night until she had to return to her check on her Master.

Rider tossed over again, laying on his stomach and suffocating himself into his pillow. For a moment he was grateful to be in the silence of his room but he would still be missing out on the rest of the young evening. His party of one was interrupted by a distraught banging on his door. His immediate thought was that it was Aine. He was out of bed in hurry, not stopping to dress, and answering the door in only a plain white shirt and his red and white boxer shorts. He had even let his hair out of its ponytail, dragging a cape of black behind him that swayed with each hurried step.

He opened the door, again expecting his Master, to be greeted by a black knight and an aggressive set of armored hands. Within moments, before he could even formulate an answer, he was ripped from the safety of his room, and into Sabers clutches.

CatJones CatJones

Raikou was no stranger to discord and disunity spreading like weeds through her comrades; this was an escalation of such speed, even her swordsmanship would never keep up. "Did Master foresee this? That must be why he left!" Raikou's deluded mind concluded. Reaching over to more or less start comforting Poca, she gave the Archer a hug, and patted her head. Of course, Lancer had gotten to her first, so this dual comforting attempt might end up with the opposite results. "Lancer, be nice. Don't just call boys gross." She berated at hearing the insult. "Besides, what matters is how sad Archer is." Making sure to inform Skorl of what she would be doing for the forseeable future, the Berserker tried calmly shushing Poca to make her tears stop. If that could be achieved, then they could truly start helping her cheer up. "Let's help her as quickly as possible." She demanded of archer's master as well.

"Like a landslide, they have come tumbling down; ripe with despair and turmoil, they will eventually settle given time." Da Vinci's Caster friend stated. "Huh?" She pondered, usually not understanding his poetic manner of language. "H.P, whatever you're on about, that has to be put on the backburner." She stated, watching as the caster traveled over to a computer. "Insignificance is still significance," He informed her, as tentacles from under his yellow cloak began typing. "Eventually it surmounts, knocking down pillars and livelihoods. Never forget the weak; for they will never forget you." Groaning from the disjointed conversation, Da Vinci pointed to the computer he was at. "Just get to corroborating my theory, please. We needn't waste time anymore. You're not the self proclaimed master of alternate worlds for nothing, H.P." "Fate cannot disagree; the universe speaks out what is not false, and I am it's center." He cheerily quips, loving the ego boost. Running through all the detected "rayshifts" performed by Chaldea's unneeded intruders, Da Vinci hopes to triangulate just where along the timelines these attacks, and fake grails, have been coming from.

TelisOldfield TelisOldfield MocaPoka MocaPoka Dragonruby Dragonruby

Alien rift crush. Mordred raised an eyebrow at the extravagant name, especially for something so plain looking. She followed him into the breakroom, still intrigued by the prospect of this alien substance. Marijuana. Didn't people get arrested for holding on to this kind of stuff? Well, it wasn't like they were in the regular part of the world. She sat next to him, her eyes never leaving the joint. She gingerly reached for it and jumped a little when her Master sent her a mental message. She gave John an awkward grin, trying to play it off.

Did you meet Rider, Master? I never got a chance to tell you, but I've met him before today. Is he in that much trouble? She sent back before taking the offered joint and pulling it to her lips. The odor became that much stronger, but was still tantalizing her senses. At such a close range she started to pick up a lemony scent from it. She took an experimental drag, pulling sweet smoke into her lungs in small, quick successions, like the Master of Assassin explained. She gave a long exhale, watching the wispy smoke escape her mouth and nose just before she entered a slight coughing fit.

"Huh. That wasn't as bad as I thought it would be." She admitted, just before another weak coughing fit. "Guess I just have to give it a minute, right? Where do you find this kind of stuff?"

Syvvaris Syvvaris

Last edited:
Archer
It hurt...

She wasn't sure why, but it truly did hurt. The tears seemed to fall ever greater; some unknown dam had been released and they wouldn't stop flowing. Why? Even drunken as she was, she knew this pain wasn't only from this social nightmare. Friends turned enemies could always be made friends again. The moon and stars always continued traveling through the garden night despite the conflicts they shined down upon. God forgave all sins of the foolish, cruel, and uncaring. Surely this wasn't worth her breaking down like this?

She had called to Lucas... but he didn't answer. He probably didn't care. No one really did when she cried. Not her Father, her teachers, her husbands, or even her older brother. "Stop crying! No one likes a crying woman Little Scrapper!" he would say, even when her tears were always for him and the other settlers. She had learned people didn't care when she cried... in fact; did anyone care for her at all? Was that why she was cursed with that frozen devil inside?

A voice. Lucas. He was asking what had happened. Oh no... he was upset with her! Why did she do everything wrong!? She had disappointed in the hunt and now she was a nuisance to him back home! Surly he was cursing Fate itself for forcing her upon him. Her heart broke further and she couldn't form proper words. She hid her face in shame and felt his hand on her shoulder. Archer considered fading away, but was stopped when he pulled her into a hug and spoke comforting words. Pocahontas was stunned into such astonishment at her Master's actions and words that her body froze. The tears ending and quite sobs silencing, as she tried to remember the last time she had been hug so intimately because she had been upset.

Wait... she had never been hugged when she had cried before.

Another shout. This one from Eliza. The little horned and tailed idol came over and called to her with a worried shriek and almost panicked questions on what the "gross boy" had done to her. Did Eliza care too?

She was pulled from Lucas into something soft. Berserker's chest, a hug, and a pet to the head. Even the Servant of Madness was concerned...

A warmth and sense of protection that was known to most, but until then had been unknown to Archer filled her chest. Rebecca looked at each of her gathered friends as they worried and fretted over how best to care for her. It was all a strange and foreign role reversal for the Native girl. People didn't take care of her, she took care of them. That was her duty and responsibility granted to her for the gifts she had been given with by the Great Spirits and God. She wasn't worth other people caring for her like this.

Regardless, Rebecca felt her emotions come under control and the tears end fully. Looking around she noticed Toko was gone. How many more people and friends would she drive away before she grew wise? Even in death she couldn't keep her friends from leaving or fighting each other. Archer gently released herself from everyone's caring grasps and spoke with rare hesitancy.

"Thank you; Berserker, Eliza... Lucas. I feel better now. I-I was uncouth towards Rider. He did nothing wrong." Rebecca shifted on her feet, feeling a sudden exhaustion hit her. "I think I should retire for the night before the drink makes me act even more unbecoming. I'm sorry everyone." Fading into the her tri-colors; Archer remateralized into her dark, nearly barren room. Collapsing onto her bed, she promised herself that in the morning she would learn the basics of Japanese by the afternoon so she could apologize properly to Rider.

Mentally she called to a connection she felt herself becoming increasingly reliant on. "Lucas. Thank you. Please don't get rid of me..."

Letting her exhaustion, and sake fueled mind fade into sleep; she wouldn't hear her Master's response if there was one. Already having been taken by nightmares from an entirely different world and life. Ones that had already ended long ago.

Dragonruby Dragonruby TelisOldfield TelisOldfield BlightGiver BlightGiver

It didn't take Saber long to subdue the man, seemingly just grabbing hold of the longer bangs that framed his face was enough to disarm him, letting her pull him from his room and drag him into the hallway with little effort. He was barely dressed, but he didn't need to look his best for the simple task she had for him. Releasing one side of his hair, she began to walk away, more then ready to pull harder if she needed to or if he started to think of escaping. For a brief moment she wondered if this was the best choice, but the thought was quickly dismissed. Thus far, Archer was the only person here who had enough of a spine to act like it, to stand up to her and speak to her as if they were equals.

She could respect that, even if she spent so much time around those chatterboxes, Lancer and Avenger. She would never admit that thus far only Archer had been anywhere close to her level as a Servant, but she could admit that the weaker woman had the soul to be stronger. Rider, in his boxers and shirt, being dragged behind her, was far less likely to ever be on her level. She broke the silence before he could, not worried about how he viewed this, since he probably wouldn't understand the complexity of the situation.

"You're going to apologize to Archer. This team needs to remain strong, and you've caused a few rifts all on your own tonight. I will not allow my team to fail from internal strife from one boy." She spoke simply, not turning to face him, and squeezing his hair a little tighter. "You'll not mention me doing this to the others, unless you truly seek to see the throne again so soon."

She turned to give him a cold smile, dead eyes staring at him. "Or do."

SunRaHunter SunRaHunter

"Rider? You mean Oda Nobukatsu, yes I have met him. He looks like a real life Oda Nobunaga, whose featured in many different types of anime." He said and handed the joint over to Mordred. What did she mean about him being in trouble? When he left it seemed as if everything was fine, except for him catering the Saber. Though he may have missed something while he was in the kitchen, and with him being one of three servants from Japan. There could be conflicts between the three. "He'll be fine..." John took the joint after Mordred took her first few hits of the joint. "Just remember hes one of three servants from Japan. Just like you and your father, there may be bad blood between him and any of the other two."

John took a long toke from the wrapped candy and let out a massive cloud of sugary freshness. "The coughing will go away once you get used to it. Though coughing right before you inhale will get more for your buck." He advised and handed her the blunt, "Back home, I could find it at any cafe. There were a few stores that sold it too. Though to get some of the stronger and more exotic finds, you have to know someone, who knows someone, who knows someone." John laid back into the sofa and slouched down for a few inches, already feeling his body start to relax from the days stress. "I just happen to know almost everyone here in Chaldea, some of them very intimately. So my packages can get around security." He said with a giggle at the end.

"Besides your Master and Rider, have you talked to the staff or anyone else here? How well are you doing in this wonderful age of technology?"

AJustKnight AJustKnight

I'm actually currently speaking with his Master, but no, haven't spoken to him yet. She said to her Servant before focusing back on Aine. "I would wish to tell you, but Shielder wishes I don't use her name around others. Sorry." She said, not apologetic but not stern either, just neutral in tone. "Where are you from? Assuming you aren't some Chaldean creation." She said, joking with her, laughing a bit at her own joke.

Last edited:
Mordred stared in surprise as John's marijuna seemed to have some kind of mind altering abilities. There were probably a few other ways that a Master could listen in on another Master and their Servants bond conversations, but that John did it so casually was upsetting. It just felt truly alien to have a third person know your thoughts. She felt more distant from the Master of Assassin however.

Well, I haven't his Master yet. Again, Master, what happened? She mentally sent to her Master again, waiting for an actual explanation of how Rider was in trouble.

She let John's unsettling talk of Rider fall to wayside and instead focused on his question. There was a level of joy in her voice and a spark in her eye as she spoke. "So far I've become rather acclimated to the technology of this time. It started with playing around with the computers in the rec room, but now I play on the game consoles and have submitted a request on for an iPod a few times. The music of this time is fascinating beyond imagination. I've talked mostly to night staff. I did my exploring while my Master was still bedridden from-" She stopped herself from telling about her Master's injury without permission. "Anyway, I'm pretty acclimated."

LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 Syvvaris Syvvaris

Reluctance to admit who her Servant was put Aine on edge, as this meant they had something to hide. She could imagine that if people who could betray their own families could be Servants, what wasn't to say that real monsters weren't Servants too. Genghis Khan, Caligula, or even Vlad the Impaler would all be terribly violent Servants, if their legends were anything to go by. To hide her Servants identity must mean that Ana had a particularly nasty Servant following her. Aine felt at odds with the girl before her, like they were now on two very different sides of the aisle.

“I'm from Ireland, though I didn't expect you to guess that. I've never had much of an accent, nor did my parents, and my childhood was very secluded.” She focused on what few members of the team were still around, Berserker, Lancer and Lucas still in the same place where Archer had been. “I can't say I entirely understand your comment on Chalet, was it? Would you care to elaborate?"

Rider had little interest in trying to fight the knightly woman off, not only from the utter impossibility of it, but also out of other concerns. His hands would have tried to get some leeway form the constant tugging sensation of Sabers pulling at his hair, leading him down the hallway like a horse by its reins. He was very much aware of the irony that statement, as the Rider class Servant. Instead his hands were both trying to pull his shirt down far enough to cover more of his thin legs and undergarments. The embarrassment alone was enough to consider returning to the throne and never answering another summons, this event coming off the coattails of still running away from the cafeteria, leaving him even more emotionally raw then he was before.

He had every interest in wanting to ask Saber why she was doing this, but his tongue felt heavy in his mouth and his mouth was tightly shut. He realized they were heading back to the cafeteria, but he lacked the strength to alter their course. Before he ever got the notion to speak, Saber did first, proving his theory of where they were going, as well as providing a motive. Saber just wanted him to apologize to the others like he was already planning to. Then came her threat, which elicited a cold sweat from the underdressed male. Something about the way Saber smiled worried him greatly.

“I was already planning on apologizing tomorrow. Surely they'll understand why I waited. It's been an emotional day for everyone.” He gave excuses, trying to regain his freedom from the dark king, hoping to avoid the further embarrassment of being seen in this state. “How do you even know she's still there? What if they left to do something else?”

As the door to the cafeteria came into view, his stomach sank deeper and deeper into his body, dread showing as his eyes lost any focus and he began to sweat profusely. “Can't I at least get dressed?”

CatJones CatJones

With Poca having gone into spirit form, Lancer cast her attention back at Berserker. The old woman had the gull to attempt to correct her on the oh-so-obvious state on boys being icky. She stuck her tongue out at the older woman before giving her reasoning.

"Maybe not all boys are icky, like Uncle Vlad, but that one was. You don't have the refined nose of a star, but he reeks of blood. To the point even my superior nose is annoyed by it. But, what else could I expect of a woman of your age?"

Lancer bounced away on her heels, about ready to turn in for the night when she caught wind if something else rather fragrant coming from an employee break room. Mordred and John were both sitting on the couch inside, smoking a joint.

"Leading another girl from the path of purity, Master of Assassin?" She loudly asked, making her presence known.

BlightGiver BlightGiver AJustKnight AJustKnight Syvvaris Syvvaris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back