• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fate/No Order IC

“Da Vinci! My feet hurt, my ears hurt, my throats sore, and only a bunch of gross monsters came to my performance! I hate to admit defeat for the entire team, but this was a terrible failure!” Lancer was on the verge of tears, stamping her supposedly hurting feet. Her tone suddenly shifted to bored, “Oh, and Barr's okay, I guess.”

She gave Saber and Assassin a sour look, not wanting to get any closer to them, but deciding that they were responsible for her show ending up in such a miserable state. The gull of some people, making a giant firework that the entire town could see, while she could only break the sound barrier with her singing. You can't see the sound barrier. They were obviously cheating.

Barr, on the other hand, had inched his way closer to the group, wanting to get a second opinion on the others injuries, just in case he was needed. He felt bad that he had been to distracted by the carnage wrought by Assassin and Saber to have noticed Assassin's Masters arrival. He wanted to tell himself that the explosion was friendly, as strange as it was to say. He was grateful for the long cloak he wore, he could feel his hands shaking underneath them, long ignored, but never forgotten memories of his childhood surfaced. His eyes were watering.

BlightGiver BlightGiver CatJones CatJones Angel Sapphire Angel Sapphire

The smile never faded from Shielder's face, taking her Masters hand and standing up. Part of her was insulted, the move had been underhanded, but in the grand scheme of things, it didn't really mater. “Don't start thinking to highly of yourself, now. One good hit doesn't make you a knight.” She didn't comment right away about waiting to greet the others, but her smile shifted as her thoughts did.

“Hey, Master. What're you gonna do if there's cute guys there? I mean, we're gonna be here at Cheldea for a long time.” She put her hands behind her head, grinning widely. She had seen a few of the servants over the control panels, and had noticed a few of them. She also wasn't lying. They were gonna be at Cheldea for the foreseeable future, especially with this new threat, and how obviously the globe in the control room had been distorted, their career was still in its infancy.

LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87

She turned back to her Servant, obviously caught off guard by the question. "I, that's none of your concern!" She declared, turning back and moving a bit faster. She had never really thought of that, with her disfigurement taking up most of her thoughts before. "And I don't consider it a good blow. Underhanded tactics only work when the enemy can think like you or I." She said, coming into the observation room and seeing most of them have returned. "How did it go, everyone?" She asked, waving to all of them in greeting.

"Oof!" Lucas let out in a rather undignified manner as he's pulled to the ground by John, flinching and slamming his hands over his ears at the subsequent explosion. He supposed this was how he expected the thing to be killed, but what happened to Assassins being subtle? Peering up from the ground, Lucas stares up towards what remained of the monster as it burnt away, before pushing himself up onto his knees. He gives a sigh, brushing himself off as he replies back towards Da Vinci. "Lucas here... I'm alright... John is too, don't worry."

He glanced up at Archer as the woman ran up, similarly worried about John, it seemed, pressing his lips into a thin line as he saw her offering him her aid. Shaking his head, he pushed himself up onto his two feet proper now before blinking for a moment and then turning his eyes towards the other Master. "Eh? Me and... Archer?" He found himself shooting a look towards the Servant in question before he turned back towards John again. "T-there's nothing going on between us!" Lucas denies. "We're just-... We're a Master and Servant pair. Just because we're close doesn't mean we're together."

Syvvaris Syvvaris MocaPoka MocaPoka

Archer

Titling her head inquisitively to the side, Rebecca searched in her memory for the familiar word the Master of Assassin had called her. She wasn't sure on the language; it was European though and she had been called that before by someone. French? No... Spanish? No... Portuguese? No.... Dutch... Yes! She had little interaction with the Dutch people compared to the English. They were enchanted with rivers for some reason and despite warnings, sailed down dangerous waterways, and put their homes near the large following waters. Only to have them be washed away in spring when the snows melted and raised the water level. They also made delicious pies called appeltaarts...

Rebecca was thoroughly pleased at being called “strong, beautiful, and dependable” especially by another Master in front of Lucas. Taking no offense at the polite rejection for her aid. “Hehe... Je vleien me. Als alleen mijn jonge meester, wist goede manieren ook. Ik maak me zorgen voor zijn huwelijk vooruitzichten soms.”

Assassin popped up as well although sadly her clothes were in a terrible state. Archer was sympathetic to the blonde woman's hardship, her own clothes were filthy. “He has been a proper gentleman. Hehe... although I'd don't think my master can handle his teasing...” Rebecca said whispering the last part to Assassin.

Archer decided to join in with Assassin's Master with the teasing, turning to Lucas with her hands on her hips, “Hmph, fine! Just Master and Servant pair! I supposed all those late nights and early mornings shared together meant nothing to you! How cruel to take advantage of me! To think I was considering acknowledging you as a man and warrior! Hmpf you can forget it now!”

Rebecca couldn't hold back her teasing smirk or the laughter in her voice. Failing to explain the “late nights” were mostly just her rudely waking him up from sleep in order to explain or work some strange modern device (like the terrifying toaster in the kitchen that shoots bread at people! It was so violent for a cooking device!) The early mornings were just a natural part of her waking him up... or else he wouldn't until noon! They wouldn't get to eat the blueberry pancakes! And so much time was wasted if she didn't!

Additionally regardless of her jest, making a kill on a hunt meant Lucas was a warrior and man now. It was only proper to respect and acknowledge him as such. Maybe she should have a celebration for his coming of age as well? He could marry as well now. Maybe she could start searching for potential brides? She wasn't sure why but she felt like it was her responsibility.

He was a mage from an established family so magical blood line was important... hmm. Archer lost herself in thought... how did one find young living female mages? Was there an annual gathering of courting for young mages? One of those dating site things? She would have to start researching... her Master would need the help.

Syvvaris Syvvaris Dragonruby Dragonruby Angel Sapphire Angel Sapphire

Last edited:
Johns delight, the mocha skinned woman spoke his native language to him. Even with her Master's denial of anything between them, Archer was a sweet lady that worried about her Masters future. "Ik begrijp waarom je je zorgen om hem maakt. Het lijkt erop dat hij niet veel weet over vrouwen. Heb je hulp nodig om hem te onderwijzen?" He spoke back to Archer in Dutch.

John felt the warm, soft and strong hands of his servant touch both of his cheeks. She confessed her worry for his health, "You underestimate me... Partner." John replied to her jest towards his natural demeanor. One of his hands cupped on of her hands on his head and smiled at Archer's comment about how gentlemenly he was. "Assassin, how about a good old fashion Yakiniku? The cafeteria and myself will prepare as much food as we can eat." He suggested an Asian tradition where you cook many different types of meat and vegetables in front of yourself. "Archer, Lucas, would you like to join us?" He offered to the two Masters.

John enjoyed the sudden light hearted mood between the Masters and Servants was a refreshing experiencing since he woke up this morning.

Angel Sapphire Angel Sapphire MocaPoka MocaPoka Dragonruby Dragonruby

Archer
"Dat is slechts een deel van zijn charme. Hij zal leren om zachter te zijn in de tijd. Ik ben bang dat mijn meester zou alleen worden verstoord door een andere Mage proberen om hem dingen te leren. Als er een ding dat hij niet ontbreekt is het trots." Archer responded to the Master's offer. She giggled at the blonde pair's interaction with each other.

She didn't know what Yakiniku was... some type of food or celebration likely. She couldn't recall any Dutch dish or tradition called that however. “Thank you for the invitation. However we may have to schedule it for another time in the future. It has been a long day and I'm sure everyone needs some rest.” Archer turned to Lucas with an easy smile letting him know the decision was his to make. She was sure he would want to rest after they got back to Chaldea... not to mention she needed a bath first.

Syvvaris Syvvaris Angel Sapphire Angel Sapphire Dragonruby Dragonruby

Avenger decided to leave Saber to whatever dark thoughts were swirling around in her head as the black knight watched the others relax. Barr had been staring at the sky for a few moments to long. Lancer seemed to be in a tantrum, focusing on her physical report, and unwilling to notice the state her master was in. Avenger saw the tiny movements, the fold of his cloak fidgeting in the slightest, though there was no wind.

On closer inspection, his eyes were glossed over, tears hanging at the corners, like he was in his own world. She knew the look, she had suffered from something similar once, though she doubted that Barr's pain was as self-inflicted as hers was. She had seen the same pain in the eyes of many men of her time, survivors of war and massacres. Men and women who had gazed into the depths of the human condition, and saw all only the pain they inflicted. The misery that spiraled out of control into the souls of others.

Avenger gently placed her hand on his shoulder, giving it a gentle squeeze. “Barr. Are you okay?”

TelisOldfield TelisOldfield

Alexandria nodded in response to the doctor, but before she could exit and make her way to the surface and open up a doorway to the Labyrinth, news about a Grail reached her ears. It had been quite a while since she played with something as powerful as a Grail, but more than a toy, the one she had seen and the one she had crafted had both been failures in terms of its original purpose.

No matter how much energy they had managed to gather, for some reason the path to Root though the Grail was closed. Or more accurately, they could not access it properly given the method they used. Still, the amount of Mana it could store was nice; if Alexandria didn't already had her headband modified using the Second's Stolen Homework, she would have wanted one to keep with her. Just in case of course.

"Think nothing of it." Alexandria replied with a smile; she could understand being blinded by ignorance, as much as she hated it. She wouldn't be much of a student herself if she did not forgive one who was once as ignorant as she. "The familiar, if you could call it that, was spawned from a Demonic Beast's stinger. It was easily dealt with, but I'm assuming its very presence here is of more importance. I don't know if it was targeting me, or the Beast, but I doubt it would lick its woulds for long. Prepare for an assault and search Chaldea if possible, they must have entered the premises somehow, and with an entire army no less. I'd open the doors to the Labyrinth as a Last Resort. I don't know if any of you would survive the entrance after all."

If a True Ancestor, Type Earth Herself, was wary of entering Alcatraz's Sanctuary then she wouldn't try entering just yet. Maybe when she has an opportunity to reach the edge of the continent, she would try and contact her old friend and that troublesome Vampire.

BlightGiver BlightGiver

"I- What!?" Lucas lets out, sounding rather scandalized by Archer's betrayal. "W-why, I- There was never-" He continues to stutter for several moments before his jaw clicks shut with the realization that she was simply trying to get a reaction out of him, and succeeding as well. Glowering at his servant, Lucas narrows his eyes, displeased at being the butt of the joke. "See if I go out of my way to get you all those scented soaps from now on..." Lucas grumbles under his breath before he simply shakes his head and sighs.

How long had this single conflict gone on for? When looking back... They couldn't have been here for more than two or three hours, if it was even that, and yet it seemed to have been so much longer. Was every fight like this? Hell, they'd made relatively quick work of their opponents all things considered, thanks to liberal use of overwhelming firepower. It really did make him seem like a bit of a worrywart.

He glanced back up towards John, giving him a shrug. A very large part of him would much rather fall over and pass out somewhere. "I suppose a celebration wouldn't be a bad call... Assuming nothing else happens once we get back," he says, answering back a bit vaguely. "I'll do my best to make it though."

Everyone's reports came rolling in, and Da Vinci made sure to take notes on everything; planning on transferring them to Roman later. His medical expertise could help with deducing how much rest each individual should require before getting back into pique physical condition. "A familiar spawning more of itself from it's body? Hmm, not experienced with any summoned familiar doing something like that. I hope it doesn't return anytime soon." She joked, turning to face Roman and Alexandria. "Now about that Grail; it's become inactive now. All it took was a little heat to shut it off. Berserker's got it en route when they all return." Roman was definitely up for getting a chance to stop a grail from being misused, especially after the mess that was grand order. Though, he'll always be somewhat traumatized by that group of artifacts and immediately alerted for containment protocols for it when Raikou returned.

Da Vinci took the initiative to bring forth a larger screen for the two, allowing both Roman and Alexandria to see the abomination constructed by the grail, "Whatever put the grail at clocktower, it really does know how to make an unappealing animal. How horrendous." She unnecessarily added, twitching at seeing the thing move on screen. "And the Grail was at it's core, producing the organic material to replenish damage?" Roman inquired, though he didn't receive any response since even he knew that the answer was obvious. "It's not really reminiscent of much; not even demonic pillars or the like. Just some random conglomeration based on necessity in the situation; let's get that grail back here asap in any case." Roman ordered. "Yeah, yeah." Da Vinci nonchalantly agreed, then spoke back to the strike team. "You guys are going to rayshift back here soon; preparations won't take too long. Be ready." Getting up from her seat, the inventor walks off to get said preparations done with her supervision.

BearBearBear BearBearBear

Raikou was growing very antsy, looking around at her comrades exhausted and injured. "There's got to be something I can do to help you all!" She worried, looking very distraught in the face, especially when Lancer went on her little tantrum about being tired. Lucas, Archer (and Lancer, by her description) seemed to be some of the most hurt, so Raikou kept turning her head to decide which one to console first. "Hey, hey, easy there, Raikou." Skorl suggested, placing his hand on her back. "Everyone's mostly fine; Roman can take care of us all back at Chaldea. Besides, you can't heal anyone in the first place." "I know that, Master." She replied, dropping to one knee. "But it pains me to see young ones hurt; as everyone's mother, I-" "Hold up; remember what I said about using that word." Skorl interrupted, helping Raikou get to her feet. To this day, he always felt bad inhibiting his Servant's speech in this way; specifically since Berserkers typically have a harder time controlling themselves. But, he just never knew when that would be said at the wrong moment and cause disorder among people.

Letting Raikou go off to the side to frantically mumble to herself about her comrades, Skorl continued conversing with them. "Who needs bugspray when we have exterminators like you guys?" He jauntily stated, observing all the carnage and detritus left over from the final blow. He added, "Although, I take it this was more of a spur of the moment decision? Quick thinking, I must say." Speaking to Saber and Assassin directly. "Damn, I can't even begin to imagine the toll that must've taken on your guys' mana." Skorl was slightly miffed that there wasn't much more he could've done himself; yet, remembering back to his 'discussion' with John earlier, he quickly buried his doubts. "Good job team." Seeing as how her Master was perfectly fine, Raikou waltzed over to Lancer, while Avenger was speaking with Barr. "Are you still feeling unwell, child?" She asked, coming right to the diminutive Lancer. "I really liked your song and I'm sorry I wasn't closer to hear it."

CatJones CatJones TelisOldfield TelisOldfield MocaPoka MocaPoka Syvvaris Syvvaris Angel Sapphire Angel Sapphire Dragonruby Dragonruby

Barr was brought crashing back to earth as something touched his shoulder. As his eyes cleared, and he had to blink away the water and memories. Avenger came into view as his eyes cleared. Her thin features wearing a frown, an empathetic pain. Barr recognized that she had noticed his actions. He brought a hand up to politely wave her off, trying to say everything was alright. His face felt warm at the realization that his personal history had come out, and was glad that only Avenger had noticed.

She seemed the honorable type, he thought, as he stopped waving his hand to instead place a finger against his covered mouth, obviously asking for her silence. It felt wrong asking her to keep his secret, but he didn't want to appear that he was stuck in his past. Da Vinci suddenly broke the stressful silence, letting them know they were about to be returned to Cheldea.

~~~~~~~~~~<3~~~~~~~~~~

Internally, Lancer smiled a wicked smile. Finally! Someone was taking care of her! Lancer forced a frown, looking up into the kind eyes of Berserker. She already knew her act, and now she just needed to perform. This meant yelling like a child who was being given a noogie followed by a wet willie.

“Berserker! I sang without warming up and now my throat hurts! And the stupid explosion was to loud! Plus! All this walking around has definitely given me blisters! How can I face my fans with blisters? I'll be the laughing stock of the music world.” She had herself so convinced that the tears forming at the corners of her eyes were real.

“My song was terrible. It was a bad choice, English people don't like American country, and only a bunch of gross monsters showed up.” She actually looked like her life was falling apart, the most downtrodden musician in the world. As her eyes slowly fell to the ground, she lowered her voice from the soft scream it had been to a pathetic whisper.
“You wouldn't happen to, uh, happen to have some candy, would you?”

BlightGiver BlightGiver CatJones CatJones

Last edited:
Raikou listened carefully to the distraught Lancer's concerns, "There, there child. " She consoles, placing her free hand on top of Lancer's hat. "The mission is over, so you'll be able to have some much earned rest." But, she wasn't prepared for the trouble child's request for candy. "Candy, well...." Raikou looked herself over, it being evident that there was no where to carry any rations on her tight bodysuit. "Unfortunately, I don't. But maybe- Master!" She loudly called to Skorl. "Do you have any candy in your supply bag?" Surprised by the unexpected question, he search through his bag and pulled out a couple of honey flavored energy bars. "Here." He nonchalantly said, throwing them to Raikou; she barely caught both in her free hand, lowering it to Lancer. "It's not really candy, though it might sustain your sweet tooth."

Sighing, Raikou stared off into the distance, "At times like these, I really have to thank Master for the preemptive measures." she stated, getting on one knee. "He plans out a lot in his head, even if he doesn't tell me anything sometimes." She turned her smiling face to Lancer. "Masters are like that sometimes, I guess." There was a hint of doubt in the Berserker's voice, but she didn't show it via her expressions. "Oh, how rude of me; you can have both of these. I'm not hungry at the moment." She got back into her prior topic and presented both energy bars to Lancer. "I'm sure your vocal chords could use the energy."

Saber kept up her unimpressed stare, only tilting her head enough to the side for it to be an obvious acceptance of Skorl's praise. There was no pride or fire burning in her, only the knowledge that their task was completed for the time being. She was more distracted on what she was going to do with her late Masters effects. She had a sneaking suspicion that if she threw them away the others would get upset again.

“We all had a part to play. Though the kill is mine, Archer helped as well. And whatever that song that Lancer butchered was, deserves honorable mention. It paid a heavy price.” She spoke to the side, almost as if she didn't want to be heard.

Avenger's frown deepened, Barr's willing negligence of his own problem was worrisome at best. It wasn't exactly her place to be prying into his personal life, what with him having his own servant, but a quick look over his shoulder saw Lancer begging Berserker for candy. She repressed a sigh, focusing on the man before her again.

“I can't make you talk about something that's bothering you. But, just try to remember that there are people willing to help, as best as we can.” She had to force a smile, but a lifetime of regrets had prepared her for that. She wasn't sure that Barr would be the kind of person to reach out for help when he really needed it, but the best she could was offer. She wanted to be a little more pushy, but having gotten so little time with Barr, she felt it would be out of place.

"So, what's it like being partners with Lancer?"

TelisOldfield TelisOldfield BlightGiver BlightGiver

John chuckled at Archer's defense of her Master, if only Assassin would defend him like her. The Assassins behavior was cute and kept John in check, just like how Lucas tried to keep her in check. Though John's offer to take Lucas under his wing was initially declined by Archer, it seemed he had a chance to help Archer out anyways. Archer had declined his invitation but Lucas accepted his offer.

"Of course, we all have to clean up after a long day of hard work; but we should fill our bellies with delightful meats and vegetables to regain our strength for the next go around. John said, then looked directly into Archer's eyes. "Jij en mijn bediende konden echt in de stemming komen voor Yakiniku met een bad in traditionele Japanse stijl." He didn't want Assassin to understand what he said, because she would instantly call him out in his smooth attempt at womanizing. "Oh, en je zou ook Avenger, Lancer en Berserker kunnen uitnodigen." He purposefully left out Saber since his servant doesnt mesh well with her.

"When we rayshift back, I'll invite the rest to this feast. John said and stood up slowly. He turned to look his servant in the eyes, and kept his eyes from wondering. "I might know someone who can help you with your ahoge. She works in the cafeteria and is really good with cosmetics." He said and patted her on her head.

MocaPoka MocaPoka Angel Sapphire Angel Sapphire Dragonruby Dragonruby

Archer
Archer giggle at her Master's mumbled response to her teasing. She knew he wasn't really cruel enough to seriously threaten her bathing soaps... that would be monstrous of him.

She smiled softly at Lucas as he accepted the invitation, proud of his budding sociability. It also seemed he had forgiven her for her angry words and lapse of judgment earlier. Or perhaps he had simply forgotten? She wanted to keep it that way, hopefully the whole incident would be quietly forgotten and taken away with the wind. She turned back to Assassin's Master as he spoke and stared at her with a strange intensity, speaking again in Dutch.

She tilted her head in confusion. "Bathing together with the other Servants? Japanese style?" Archer asked in confusion. Maybe her Dutch wasn't as good as she had believed? If she could invite others surely that implied a group activity. Was there even a bathing area big enough to fit that many people? Her own was small and made for a single person.

What was a traditional Japanese style bath? It sounded fun! Some kind of group bathing social event? But why would that help the mood for a Dutch celebration/feast? Maybe Toko would know? She would ask her friend when they returned safely to Chaldea.

Syvvaris Syvvaris Angel Sapphire Angel Sapphire Dragonruby Dragonruby

Barr brought a hand up to rub his eyes. He had only just met Avenger earlier that day, it would have been rude to hold it against her. She had already forgotten that he couldn't talk. Which meant he would need to make direct contact, it also meant that she would need to take off some of her armor to make psychical contact. Embarrassment welled up in his chest, his face mask making it impossible to see the blush spreading through his cheeks.

He had never been to really think about the opposite sex, leading to rarely having a need to share his power with a woman. Soft skin and a gentle voice were a rare commodity in his nomadic life. Perhaps that was a part of why he so rarely spoke of himself, even to Lancer. It was just ingrained that he would be somewhere new next week, but the puzzling truth of reality was that he would be Cheldea for a long while.

Opening up wasn't his strong suit, but to stagnate would be a worse fate. He lifted his hand from his cloak, leaving it up in the air for the Japanese Warlord.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Internally, Lancer was upset. Externally, Lancer was very upset. She really didn't ask for much from others. Just their eternal love, loyalty to her and her brand, and their time, All things people have in infinite amounts, so why would asking for candy be such a fruitless endeavor? She eyed the flimsy wrappers and enlarged pictures. They boldly proclaimed they were made with real honey, which made Lancer wonder if they had been filled with fake honey, would they still have been offered to her? Did these people really not understand the importance of Stars getting what they ask for? It could make or break a concert!

Still, a sneaking suspicion made her take them. In America, the perfect baker (and possible future Heroic Servant) Little Debbie had mastered the art of 'Honey Buns'. Such little things packed with so much flavor they almost made nights alone on stage, singing the pains and misery of the world, bearable. Maybe these snack bars were the knock-off versions that Skorl had in...whatever country he was from. She undid the wrapper, smelled it, and took a tentative bite; the entire time eyeing Berserker as if she expected to start choking to death on poison.

They were delicious. Not as sweet as a honey bun, but good enough for the time being. She stuffed what was left of the first bar in her mouth, quickly followed by the second.

“Ank ou.” She said through a full mouth. Manners were important to a Star, after all. She swallowed loudly, gasping for air as she did so. As soon as she had caught her breath, she smiled, deviously. "Yeah. Piggy ALWAYS brings a bunch of stuff. Pots, pans, tents, food. I end up having to take half of it out to make room for my costumes. And he never lets me have candy. Thanks, old lady."

Had Berserker really though she could get away with calling her child without some kind of payback?

BlightGiver BlightGiver CatJones CatJones

Avenger hid her face in her hands, silently cursing herself. Barr was mute, Lancer had even told her so and she forgot about it. She prided herself on being good with people, Saber being an obvious exception. Though she had to admit that perhaps she wasn't the best at choosing who she spent her time with, Saber and Oda (when she had been alive) being the obvious examples.

As she peeked between her fingers at Barr, his hand was extended towards her. Barr seemed less then offended, almost as if it hadn't phased him. It took a few second for Avenger to take the armor off her hand, undoing several strings and clasps, until her bare hand was out in the open. She took his hand in a warm handshake.

“So, this means I can hear you now, right? I've overheard parts of the explanation.”

Lucas couldn’t help but frown as the his Servant and the other Master continued to speak in a language he couldn’t understand. It was like he wasn’t even here other than for them to tease and poke at. That was a bit unfair wasn’t it? He could pick out the occasional word, but it only made him even more confused as to what they were talking about. “Alright, alright, we can worry about plans and stuff after we’re all back home, right?” Lucas cuts in now. “No need to start worrying about stuff that might not happen.”

”What were you two talking about...?” Lucas asks Archer telepathically, sounding a little put out.

Archer
“Hehe...” Archer giggled mischievously out-loud before responding mentally. “Nothing, nothing... Just discussing your future marriage prospects and potentials now that your an adult!” Archer twirled in place as she thought of her new wife finding responsibilities.

“Don't worry I'll help you find potential brides! However I need to approve of any you find on your own ok?” Archer stopped her happy twirling, suddenly becoming very serious. “You can't just accept any and all offers. Especially if they only have a pretty face! You need to keep in mind personality, skills, profession, magical abilities, and expectations for the home!”

Rebecca crossed her arms under her chest, still conversing mentally, “Most importantly though is how good of a parent they will be! I will not let you marry some... some...” Rebecca thought back to her own mother. A woman she had only been told had given her birth, and then simply left. As a child she had thought if she had brought enough attention to herself maybe her mother would hear of her daughter. A bright and happy person... a respected... no, prodigious Kwiocosuk. A daughter that made her father happy, so she would make her mother happy too! If she just visited... just once, and then she would see how good her daughter had turned out! She just had to come see her...

Her mother never did...

Rebecca wondered what her mother would have thought of Thomas... she also wondered what Thomas thought of her after she had died and left him. Rebecca's happiness faded at the memories; he had surely had ended up hating her. “... parents are important...” she mumbled out-loud. She looked up at Lucas and tried to hide the sad memories, returning to their mental conversation. "But that's for a time a little ways down the river. For now lets go home." She extended a soot covered hand towards Lucas, wishing to take his hand, for some reason hoping for the small human contact with him.

Dragonruby Dragonruby Syvvaris Syvvaris Angel Sapphire Angel Sapphire

"A Phantasmal Beast augmented by a Grail, fascinating." It was strange, definitely chimera, a tinge of sphinx, maybe some manticore, but obviously a changeling. It didn't look like too much of a threat to be honest, maybe the Servants sent weren't too compatible with how the monster fought but then again anything that was supplied by a Mystic Code designed to gather and contain enough energy to manually punch a hole into the root would be formidable. "A bit of heat, you say. I mean no offence, but are you quite sure it wouldn't... I don't know... simply reconstruct its vessel once it's been shifted here?"

The fact that they could easily deal with it should it chose to reanimate itself went unsaid; Just because they could deal with a problem should it come did not mean that courting trouble was a viable course of action. It was madness; high risk with the reward being another Grail. If Alexandria was asked, she would have moved to destroy the Mystic Code, the Clock Tower had the facilities and she had enough skill to make one herself; there was no need to take it with them when they had... seven if she recalled correctly.

Then again, Alexandria was not asked, therefore she decided to remain silent on that front. Children learned better from their failure after all.

"Oh good, I can finally do my job." Which apparently was expanded since the Clock Tower had fallen. The fact that they gave her a complete backup of TRI-HERMES suddenly made sense, but she had to double the safeguards to be installed if she was forced to fully upgrade Thoth. The sooner the children got back, the sooner she could complete her assigned task, and maybe she would look for the Queen after that.

It would be a fun time, their reunion.

BlightGiver BlightGiver

“What!?” Lucas asks, so surprised that he spoke out loud for a moment before he frowned and returned to their mental discussion after briefly glancing around to see if anyone noticed. ”Marriage prospects? Now that I’m an adult? Haven’t I always been an adult since I’ve know you? And why would you have to worry about my prospects?” Arranged marriages were the very much the norm for maguses, sure, but it was hardly something he’d considered for a very long while. He always assumed his parents would attempt to figure something out for him, though considering their status, he doubted it’d be anyone particularly prestigious. And now here was Archer worrying about how good a parent his future wife would be.

Her words seemed to turn rather serious however, something Lucas picked up on even if she tried to hide it. Rebecca was always the kind of person to wear her heart on her sleeve. ”I’m not a kid you know...? Besides, I don’t think you’d be able to find anyone out here right now, unless... Please don’t go around asking the other Masters.” Lucas asks, hoping to get her mind off her thoughts.

He blinked as she offered her hand to him, glancing up at her face curiously for a moment before he gave a mental shrug and took it into his own. She took good care of herself, he always knew that much, but he could tell from this little bit of contact as well. Her skin was smooth, even under the layers of soot she was covered in, and he marveled at how soft the palms of her hands felt while being an accomplished warrior and hunter. One of the perks of being a heroic spirit, he supposed, Servants tended to be rather attractive being a representation of both their legend as well as who they were in life. ”You’d better take a shower before you start your bath... I swear, if you end up complaining to me how you got your tub covered in wet ash...”

MocaPoka MocaPoka

The slight exchange of mana was different with a Servant. Masters were like switchboards, just taking in the excess mana and dispersing it, but Servants felt like sticking a hand into a black hole, greedily sucking out whatever it could. He pulled away once he had done his part of the transfer.

“Yeah. You should be able to hear me now. My apologies if this is a little uncomfortable. Not everyone enjoys an unfamiliar voice in their head.” Barr had seriously put a lot of thought into how invasive he saw his power. It always felt like he was putting a parasite into someone else.

“If I may, why did you take your gauntlet off? Wouldn't it have been easier to just dematerialized it for a few seconds?” He looked down at her hand. It had been rougher then he expected, but for someone who swung a sword all the time, it made sense.

CatJones CatJones

"Huh?" Avenger looked down at her hands, armored hand still holding onto her armored gauntlet. She hadn't noticed how sweaty her hand had been, trapped inside a metal covering. Plus the death grip she kept on her sword, mixed with the strain of fighting, probably left her hands soaked at some point. The air at least felt cooler with her armor off.

"I guess I'm kind of old fashioned. I sharpen my sword by hand too, instead of the whole 'heroic spirit' thing. Helps keep discipline up. And the whole thought thing isn't so bad. It's a little weird hearing someone else's voice. Then again, it's really not that different then how hearing normally works, right? It just kinda skips the ear part of it."

Avenger had a nagging feeling that she should conclude her conversation when they were in a safer place. "I think we're going back to Cheldea. After cleaning up, we could talk in more detail. Sound good?"

She gave her casual smile. She did want to talk to him, just at a better place. She knew literally next to nothing about him, other then his unique magecraft and lack of a voice. Cheldea would make more comfortable atmosphere for both of them.

"Old lady?" Raikou was shocked to hear Lancer use such a terrible insult. "That's no way to talk to someone, young one. I thought you were raised better than that?!" The Berserker walked away in a humph, right back to her master for comfort. From afar, Lancer would be able to see Raikou holding her face in her hands and pointing over at Lancer. Skorl, comforting Raikou, looked over at Lancer and gave a shrug, as if to say, "She's a Berserker, after all." "Sorry to interrupt everyone again!" Da Vinci's voice blurted loudly to the masters and servants. "The return rayshift is ready. Commencing in T-minus 30 seconds."

"She didn't really mean it; don't forget, she may look like a kid, but that's not how her mind fully is." Skorl was still explaining to the sobbing Raikou. "Be that as it may, that's no way to speak to one's mother!" She replied, wiping her tears with her wrists. "Ok, perhaps you don't know yet, but no one here really thinks that of you. Sorry to burst your bubble." Her master continued explaining, trying to get through to Raikou's logical side underneath her rather mad state of mind. "You're right, master." Raikou agreed, ceasing her crying now. "Maybe they will come to accept that in time; including you." Skorl twitched from hearing that last part and nonchalantly turned around. "Well, I think it's time we head back to Chaldea." He calmly stated and stretched his arms. The two felt their bodies phase out of London along with the rest of the strike team afterwards. Upon returning to Chaldea, Da Vinci stood waiting to greet them, with a tray of cold water bottles for everyone to take at her side. "Good job, everyone." She didn't hesitate to say. "Go rest for now; we're not going to bother you guys with anything mission related for a bit, so take it slow if you'd like." Before letting anyone fully go, however, the inventor walked over to Raikou and held out her hand. Immediately knowing what she meant, Raikou brought forth the contained broken grail and handed it to Da Vinci. "Thanks!" Was all she said, before running out to begin examinations.

TelisOldfield TelisOldfield BearBearBear BearBearBear CatJones CatJones Syvvaris Syvvaris Angel Sapphire Angel Sapphire MocaPoka MocaPoka Dragonruby Dragonruby AJustKnight AJustKnight LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 SunRaHunter SunRaHunter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back