• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fate/No Order IC

Archer
Disobey? Had she disobeyed Lucas? That wasn't her intention... she just didn't want to be considered worthless again. “I returned didn't I!? And I didn't get caught! There was an opportunity to strike so I did!” Anger... she had never spoken to Lucas with words seeped with so much rage before. Why was she so angry? Anger was born of fear and sadness... a byproduct of unmeant expectations and regret. Hadn't she already worked through all this? Her grief with her father? Her regrets in her living life? Her failed goal of bringing a lasting peace between her friends? The fear of discovering what her son's life had been like without her? None of that matter here in the now... none of that was Lucas's fault. Why was she so upset with him right now? Because she had failed to restore his faith in her? If not damage it even more?

Lost in her thoughts Archer barely noticed her healing until Berserker helped her up, “I'm.... fine. Thank you Berserker.” Moving and twisting her right foot, Archer couldn't help but feel a small spark of pride light in her chest at Lucas's quick and effective healing. Her fear and rage returned at his last question however; “No! I'm fine! I'm staying! Stop insulting me! I'm not useless like you and everyone else always seems to believe!!” Storming away from Lucas so he couldn't continue his search for injuries or continue feeding her rising fury, Archer tried to make out the damage done to the large monstrosity. A large hole with spilling light was already nearly finished closing itself back up; she hadn't even severally injured it... another failure in a long line.

Her mind cooling now that she was away from Lucas and back focusing on the hunt; Archer came to the conclusion if she was by herself the best option would be to continue striking the evil with feathers and Black Keys from a distance. It was sturdy and self healing... but offensively didn't seem too impressive. If utilizing her Black Keys didn't stop the healing ability then the hunt would likely come down to who's mana would run out first. A dangerous game to play, but at-least she would be on the inflicting damage end and not the healing damage done end. But she had a war-party with surely better offensive skills than her, and they now knew damage could be done. They simply needed to continuously inflict harm over a long period of time or inflicted harm so fast that the horror didn't have time to heal itself.

Ending her thoughts Archer prepared herself for another fight; unfortunately this one would not be against the evil tendril beast, but against a gloomy knight. Archer readied herself for the ridicule she was sure Saber would assault her with, however she was meant with a simple unemotional comment and a strange look from the knight. Interest, curiosity, confusion? She wasn't sure. Caught off guard by the lack of criticism or ridicule Archer didn't know what to do or say in response to Saber's almost causal civility. Luckily she didn't have to struggle long with coming up with something to say in response to gloomy Saber. Toko decided to assault her with a flurry of compliments and another thumbs up, as the Far East warrior seemed to pop up behind the dark knight's heavy armor.

“Toko... thank you.” Rebecca was truly warmed by the taller woman's enthusiasm over her strike, and the fact her friend still remembered their planned tea party. “I'm going to do research and throw a Japanese Tea Party! I'll find one of those pretty dresses! Kimono? And the proper teas and snacks! If there's anything I can get just let me kn-” Archer stopped her happy planning at seeing the horror attack the flying war-ship. The hunt was still on... she turned to Saber.

“I used my second strongest attack... but I don't think even my mightiest could cleanse the monstrosity in it's entirety. I would need several shoots over a long period of time.” Archer took a calming breath and forced herself to smile as she looked into Saber's yellowed eyes. “But not you Saber. Surely you could cleanse it with a single attack?"

Dragonruby Dragonruby BlightGiver BlightGiver CatJones CatJones

Last edited:
Ana was being aggressive, which was a good trait in combat, when done properly. A spear was designed for stabbing, and this new curved weapon was only dangerous at a distance, since it required the weilder to have room for wider swings. It was a weapon ill suited to someone using a shield like hers. Shielder decided that enough was enough.

As the blow scraped against her shield, she flexed her free hand, feeling the heavy grip of Clarent in it. She went back on the offense, her shield striking out first at an angle as she quick stepped closer, to keep Ana's weapon from being brought back to her shield-less side. As this happened, she thrust Clarent towards her opponents belly, hoping to put Ana back on the defensive, where Shielder had the advantage.

LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87

Barr took note that no one was to injured, Saber's armor, Avenger's agility, and seemingly Archer's luck had protected their respective Servants from injury. Looking back at his own Servant, who was awkwardly standing behind the rest of the team, staring up at the monster, like a child watching fireworks behind their parents. He moved closer to the others, more then happy to listen to the plan on how to defeat this new horror, and if need be, use Lancer to voice his opinion.

Lancer on the hand was pouting, this new monster having taken her spotlight from the others. She had received no compliments for her music selection nor her singing. Besides Barr, but he didn't count. And to top it all off, now she was being usurped! This tentacle monster was trying to use her stardom as a jumping off point, and it was working, what with everyone else staring at it dumbstruck.

“Maybe it just wants an encore? It didn't show up until after I sang, so maybe it just really liked my singing” Lancer posed the question, hoping to be brought back into the fold.

Saber had kept her attention on the shambling horror, yellow eyes narrowed in thought. The creature had healed all the damage that Archer had done, and listening to the two, she felt relieved to not have a master anymore. No one had the authority to really tell her no now, she wasn't leashed to anyone, and judging by some of their stances and wording, she didn't have a particularly high opinion of some of the Masters around them. Nor some of the Servants, her eyes darted to the ugly scrap metal that was somehow flying, belonging to Assassin.

She was pulled out of her thoughts by Archer of all Servants. She asked after Saber's own Noble Phantasm. Saber gave the smaller Servant a side-ways glance before answering, her voice even and honest.

“Don't force yourself on my account.” Saber started with, giving Archer a side-ways glance and seeing the smile she was forcing. It wasn't meant to be insult, just for Archer to be herself. Being a King prepared one for dealing with peoples ulterior motives, and a fake smile could be spotted by even that ape, Lancelot. She wouldn't hold it against Archer, it was refreshing to have even forced manners.

“I cannot guarantee that one blow will be enough to kill it. It has an imposing healing factor and might require a follow up strike.” Saber allowed her attention to be brought back to the creature, before she spoke her mind.

“You're blow was to weak to kill it, but honor to you for the first strike. But...” Part of her was only saying that to shame Assassin, preferring that Archer have that honor then her would be killer. Plus, she had a begrudging respect for the Native Servant. She also gave Lucas a quick glance, before finishing her thought. "Don't allow a mortal to talk down to you. You're a Servant, not a slave."

MocaPoka MocaPoka

Thunderous booms reverberated throughout the ship. With each discharge John exclaimed various phrases of excitement in his native language. In the middle of the barrage the monitors picked up a light brown blur made up of delicate skin that soared between the Dun Stallion and the anomaly. John went quiet and watched in anticipation, the blur as Archer she had jumped into the middle of a barrage of lasers without abandon. A flash of bright light obscured the screens and she was gone, but electricity sparked over the anomaly. It seemed appropriate that Archer had used one of her Noble Phantasm, but it seemed her and the Dun Stallion’s attack did not have any real effect on the anomaly.

Latticework of tendrils patched up the gaping holes the Dun Stallion seared into the beast. Seemingly unaffected the beast launched a counter attack. Multiple thick stalks merged into a large three fingered hand and managed to grasp Assassin’s Noble Phantasm before John could evade. Under the strength of the beast, the ship jerked, shuttered and moaned from its immense strength. John had no idea how to use any potential defense mechanism of the Dun Stallion, but he knew what must be done. ”This is not good, Klien Meid. If you have any way of keeping this ship from crushed, I would appreciate it if you did it.” John jumped out of his seat and walked over to his duffel bag. There were only two options John could think of: abandon his servant’s ship, or to use his own, or Skorl’s, spellcraft to ride the ship from the beast’s grasped. John preferred the latter option since it made him look better with his servant.

”I am not entirely sure how my plan is going to work out. Many things can go wrong, and we may have to abandon ship. If you do not have a way down safely, please tell me sooner rather than later.” John opened his duffel bag, dug through until he found the case with the rest of his vape pens. The shipped groaned louder while John fiddled with his vapes until he had three pens in one hand. ”If I were you, I would stop breathing or figure out how to breathe without air.”

John sat on his ankles with his knees on the floor; he paused to prepare himself for the pain he was about to endure. He chanted the lines of his spell and took a long drag from all three of the vape pens. Magic circuits in his upper body sparked to life to transmute the nicotine laced water vapor into an acidic gaseous compound. His lungs burned to the point of involuntary coughing before he emptied the acidic contents in a thick black cloud in front of him. Fresh air did not fill his burning lungs, but the vapor from the pens filled his lungs without relief. Over and over did John repeat the same process until half of the shrinking cabin space was filled with thick smoke.

”Gather.” Escaped Johns lips the moment fresh air graced his lungs. The smoke condensed into a small cloud encompassing his right hand. A few seconds after his command word was spoken, his hand started to tingle as his body resisted the acidic compound of his own making. ”Be… Prepared…. For… Anything…” He warned Skorl as he stumbled his way to a side hatch of the ship. With his free hand he pulled the emergency lever to open the hatch during mid-flight. It creaked open outwardly and John held onto a railing as he leaned out. Towards the rear of the ship could John see the amalgamation of tentacles that formed the Major threat to his ship.

”Billow.” John spoke with an outstretched hand and a stream of black smoke streaked through the space inbetween the organic beings on the outside of the ship. Once the black smoke came into contact with the giant hand’s wrist, it stuck and surrounded the arm in its attempt to eat through the limb. John’s breathe was erratic, and his vision blurred slightly from his spell. He was able to concentrate control of the gas until the last whisps left his fingers. From there, it was all up to the mana that resided in the smoke to continue its task.

John stumbled back into the ship and heard a heavenly voice in his head. It was Assassin and she was onto something within the remains of the clocktower. ”Assassin, It seems everyone besides you is busy with a building size pulsating beast. I’m trying to keep your ship intact and the other servants are probably talking about how to take care of this thing that is threatening my life right now. You will be on your own unless you need a command seal. I’ll never be too busy not to help you.” John messaged his servant.

BlightGiver BlightGiver Angel Sapphire Angel Sapphire MocaPoka MocaPoka Dragonruby Dragonruby CatJones CatJones

Assassin heard her Master was in danger, and decided that he needed her down there. She expelled a Mana Burst and blasted downwards, to the underground archives. She took a quick survey and hijacked the converging ley lines with her own Prana.

"This should weaken those enemies."

Then, with a final push, she established a summoning circle. She sent a message to all through Dun Stallion, which was close to destruction.

The ley lines and summoning circle are established. I am coming for asisstance.

She hurriedly raced up to the surface and rendezvoused with everyone. Her eyes widened at the unsightly monster everyone was fighting. She searched for her Master, and when she did, she made a check for contamination.

"Master, please stay clear."

She hacked away at the enemy and boarded her ship. With a few configurations, she set the ship to blow up.

"Saber, if you would be willing. Fire your Noble Phantasm at me and my ship when it is close enough to the anomaly. The power and range of both your sword and the explosion should be enough to counter any regeneration. You would like that, wouldn't you?"

With that, she drove Dun Stallion towards the monster, pushing what was left in the thrusters into this final lurch.

"I'll materialize you soon enough, my trusty steed." She told her ship.

Syvvaris Syvvaris CatJones CatJones

Raikou was more than ready to help her master, but everyone kept bringing up the obvious point of the beast's regenerative properties. Saber and Tokugawa had rejoined them, immediately conversing with Archer and Lucas. The Berserker couldn't help but listen to little parts spoken slightly more loudly, indicating that Lucas and Archer might have a bit of a falling out. 'I'd hate to be in that kind of situation with Master.' She thought, despairingly. 'I don't know what I'd do if he didn't want me around anymore.' But, as far as the concerned servant worried, her master never gave that kind of inkling in the slightest. Behind the Berserker, talks of Saber 's noble phantasm arose; Raikou had no idea the nature of the servant's noble phatasm, but if they think it's enough to help finish off the beast, it must be quite special. "I'd concur with that," Raikou interjected, turning back to her comrades deep in discussion. "Yet, we mustn't rule out any possibilities. Those with ranged attacks should help additionally. Even if we aren't able to kill it, one of us might be able to slip inside the beast before it seals it's body once more."

It was then that Assassin showed up to materialize in the Dun Stallion; Raikou was unsure what she was planning at first, moving so quickly. That would be answered as the servant let everyone know of her plan to scuttle the Dun Stallion as a makeshift attack against the beast. "Wait, what?" Skorl replied in the ship, being right there to hear it. "We're getting out of here before that. Raikou, I'm going to bail; try and catch me!" He mentally informed the encouraged berserker. "Sure thing, master. You can always count on me!" Raikou got somewhat closer to the beast; able to do so since it's attention was drawn entirely to the ship heading toward it, along with John's spell being used against it's tendrils. Skorl appeared from the opened hatch, looking at the definitely fatal drop below. "No pain, no gain, I guess?" He worriedly stated, taking the leap of faith instantly afterwards. Plummeting very rapidly, Raikou jumped up with inhumane strength, catching him at an angle 20 feet above the ground. "I'll owe you for this one." he told Raikou. Landing on her heels with grace, Raikou set her master down to get back to the plan in action. "How big of an explosion will exactly be caused by this? Perhaps some of you guys should stand further back." She inquired her comrades.

Angel Sapphire Angel Sapphire Syvvaris Syvvaris Dragonruby Dragonruby MocaPoka MocaPoka TelisOldfield TelisOldfield CatJones CatJones

Dr Roman was more than glad to have the scorpion completely gone; certainly many of the Chaldea staff wouldn't be too happy about a giant arthropod waiting to thaw out. "Undead army; oh right, that our strike team is dealing with. I'm wondering how they're doing right now?" He pondered, following after Alexandria. Having her on his side was definitely the right option at this point, as the doctor started thinking about Alexandria disintegrating him within mere seconds after enough agitation. "Our sensors displayed that skittering beast came from beyond any known timeline or singularity," Roman informed the confident guest, just on the off chance she hadn't figured that out already. "But just by the fact that it's appearance nearly coincides with our strike team's efforts at an anomaly is rather unsettling. Have you ever experienced anything similar to this in your prodigious lifetime?" He asked, hoping to not only learn more of Alexandria, but make any connections between all of this.

The empty hallway behind them was quiet; no fluctuations or any intrusions were taking place now. This relieved Fou as he looked back; still troubled by the suspenseful experience. The little creature would be much more cautious around scorpions now, no matter the size or species. Roman looked down and noticed Fou's attention to their backs; he reached forward and pets the fluffy Fou, to reassure that it was alright now.

BearBearBear BearBearBear

Lucas recoiled, as if physically struck by Archer's words. He simply remains still as Archer pulls away from him in order to go speak to the other servants instead until he finally regains the wherewithal to finally react once more as he grinds his teeth in frustration. Fine, if she wanted nothing to do with him, then so be it. He had little part to play in the coming fight anyways, and so he simply stood back up and walked away a fair distance to let the servants discuss and enact their plan. If they had a part for him, they could tell him, but otherwise he was in no position to be throwing his word around let alone act as a direct combatant against this thing. At least, that was how Lucas reasoned it out to himself. Most other people would likely simply call it 'sulking in the corner' but he'd deny any such claims.

"Maybe you should give it a personal performance. Seems like the only appreciative member of your audience right about now..." Lucas shoots back towards Lancer, unable to stop himself from firing a few barbed words in his current mood.

Archer
Archer was taken off guard by Saber's polite dismissal of her admittedly forced manners and smile. She prided herself on her decorum and sociability; having them called out as false stung her pride. “I'm sorry... It's just... a little hard for me to talk with you.” Rebecca decided as hard as it was to admit, honesty with the knight was the right and proper thing to do now. She willed herself to look into the other woman's eyes, and smiled again, not with forced decorum as before but with a melancholic sadness. “You remind me of... my father. As strange as that might be for you to hear. I loved him as any daughter loves their father. He was strong and wise, a ruler everyone respected and admired. He always put our people's happiness before anything else... even my own.”

Rebecca let out a content sigh as the words escaped her lips. They were thoughts that she had never voiced aloud since becoming a Servant. “I never truly forgave him. Even after I confessed my sins to the Lord and asked forgiveness. I thought I had let some of it go.” She felt better now, her past had been affecting her more than she had admitted to herself... talking was good. “Not to mention I'm sinfully jealous of you! You are so strong and pretty! Your hair and eyes are such a lovely pale gold! You should wear your hair down more... and maybe softer colors as well? Hmm... although black works very well with your paler skin tone..."

Rebecca ended her calculations on whether or not she could convince Saber to allow her to experiment with the dark knight's fashion choices, when she spoke of the mortal; her Master. “L-Lucas doesn't view me as such! Surely he doesn't... mean to disrespect me.” She glanced sadly over at her Master, he was sulking next to Lancer. “I shouldn't have gotten so upset with him. Maybe our communication isn't as good as I had thought?” They had bickered before and made up; she supposed more of an apology would have to be given on her part this time around.

Discussion was had on how to stop the large horror. Saber and Assassin leading the attack. “I'm faster than most. Once Saber and Assassin strike I will follow it up with my own or try to slip inside the monstrosity.”

CatJones CatJones Dragonruby Dragonruby

Last edited:
Saber allowed for Archer to finish, her unflinching and hard gaze never shifting or breaking. Archers comparison to her father and then her strange fixation with her manner of dress, it was a deluded ramble from a servant who had seemed to have lost sight of what mattered. Saber had been curious about something however, the means to Archers willingness to become so complicit with the other servants. Now, Saber felt she understood Archer a little better. As Archer finished, Saber spoke again, her voice still calm and collected, no malice or venom in it.

“Your father sounds like a fool. A king's duty is to ensure his people's survive. Happiness has nothing to do with survival.” Saber looked away from Archer, not out of shame of her directness, but rather to force focus on the enemy again. She knew she was doing little to endear herself to her fellow servant, but it didn't bother her. Archers focus on her appearance was what gave Saber her final thought on Archers person.

“I think I understand you better now. You were weak in life, pushed around and looked down on. Now that you have a second chance at life, you focus yourself on winning the respect of others, caring about how they see you over your duty as a heroic spirit. You're no better then Lancer, in that regard. A Servant in name only. So, what part of me do you envy? My black heart? My ruined kingdom? Watching your love die? Killing your most trusted friend? Your own bastard child?”

Saber allowed her questions to hang in the air, still no emotion on her face or in her voice. She had no answer for her Master, leaving it at that and walking away from Archer, focusing all of her attention on the monstrous creature before them. She would wait for the others, wanting a full attack to kill it in one blow, rather then a splintered attack.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Avenger wasn't proud of herself for eavesdropping on her friend and Saber. She had a foot in both camps, as much as she wanted to agree with her friend. A leader had to make sure that their people survived, sometimes at personal cost. She knew that lesson well, the blood of her son on her hands. At the same time, a parent can't treat their children as a political tool or less then human, and she had waged war, sent thousands to the grave, just to ensure that there would be a better future for her people.

Her usual cheery appearance cracked, looking like she was deep in negative thought. She had to change her thought process, instead choosing to focus on the enemy as well. Saber was being aggressive, but Avenger was worried she would only make matters worse playing diplomat, instead choosing to wait it out.

MocaPoka MocaPoka

Last edited:
Archer
“Are you even human?” The words slipped out of Archer's mouth as the dark knight walked away. She replayed their conversation over in her head several times; searching for where she had misspoken and caused such stone-hearted words to come from Saber. Archer took several steps back away from Saber and Avenger; feeling more alone than she ever had since being summoned.

The words from Saber hurt... but the inhuman quality of the knight's tone and dismissal of happiness was what truly disturbed her. Rebecca Rolfe understood in that moment that she would never come to true harmony and peace with Artoria Pendragon. It was like the great king of old had no warmth in her soul, and merely existed for the sake of existing. She wondered how such a person, even a different shade of the person, could have possibly ruled a people for as long as her legends said she did. What could a land have been like with such a ruler... perhaps the Battle of Camlann and the Knight of Treachery were more justified than she had once believed.

Archer clasped her hands in prayer and reflection, whispering softly to herself, “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”

As in all things, Saber's words had some wisdom in them; her father was no fool... but he certainty hadn't been the wisest of leaders. From the little she had been able to force herself to research, her people were now gone. It was true she had been weak in life when it had truly mattered, and she did seek the respect and friendship of others. But never would she put those desires and fears before her duties as a heroic spirit. “I envy nothing of you... not anymore. If I am a Servant in name only then you could only be the discarded shell of one...” Archer spoke her words to Saber's armored back with conviction, hoping they would be the last words she ever spoke to the fallen king.

CatJones CatJones

“Hey, what did I do to you, piggy?” Lancer approached Lucas with her hands on her hips, looking up at him with a frown on her face. She couldn't remember doing anything recently to upset the master before her. Obviously, he should be mad at Barr for not bringing her stage equipment to give a better performance.

“Did you not like my song choice? You should pick one next time, and I'll totally blow it out of the water for you!” Lancer was being nice, which was a forced thing for her to do. However, it had seemed like Lucas and Archer had been fighting, and now Lancer was worried for her attractive friend. Lucas wasn't a bad piggy either, so she could at least be nice to him from time to time.

Dragonruby Dragonruby

The wall supported John's weight in his small reprieve to regain his breathe. The burning sensation in his lungs eased with each breathe of clean air. With oxygen flowing through his body again, his vision cleared and he became more aware of what was happening in the ship. Assassin had entered the ship and was at the controls. "Assassin, I'm glad you're safe." John weezed before she told everyone of her plan to self destruct her ship at the same time as Saber's Noble Phantasm.

John stared in disbelief of her plan and noticed too late that the pink haired Master headed towards the opening in the ship. "Wait, no!" John warned and barely missed the small Master's shirt by an inch before he had left the ship. 'Fuck, I hoped he had a plan.' John watched as the Master's figure grew smaller as he became further away. He was seconds from being a bug splat on the concrete when his servant caught him in the air. Relief washed over John with Skorl's successful escape from the ship, but it was time for John to come up with how he would escape. The Dun Stallion was not far up from the ground and had started it's decent toward the pulsing anomoly. John was sure he could escape without assistance from his servant.

"Assassin, if your plan works. Remind me to buy you something, or cook you something afterwards." He said to his Servant, before his magic circuits lit up for his Reinforcement spell. John then jumped out of the ship away from the anomaly. Just like in the movies, John had his hands and legs out in a fall in his attempt to direct his fall towards the other Masters and Servants. At the same time, he muttered words to a different spell that would be his method to avoid becoming pudding on the pavement.

John had to time his acrobatics right for him to survive, and only thirty feet above the group of Servants did he put his head down and flipped his body so he could land on his feet. The moment after John's first foot touched the ground, there was an ear ringing pop and the pavement around him cracked, caved and flew in all directions leaving a large cloud of dust around him. Pain shot through his fist and up his arm, and a dull numbing sensation lingered over the rest of his body. He was in the "super hero landing" pose and thanks to his ability to transfer kinetic energy into a different medium, he had successfuly survived a landing from hundreds of feet from the ground. He was sure his act had broken a few of the bones in his hand. John was stunned for the moment, his body did not want to move after redirecting tons of joules of force into his fist and out into the pavement.

Angel Sapphire Angel Sapphire BlightGiver BlightGiver Dragonruby Dragonruby MocaPoka MocaPoka TelisOldfield TelisOldfield CatJones CatJones

"Have I ever experienced this before?" Alexandria hummed wistfully, that particular question dragging up half forgotten memories.

A lifetime ago, Alexandria faced a similar creature, identified as an arachnid since that was the closest equivalent the mages of this era could find on earth. She had back up, three of the worlds most powerful magi, artifacts that drew power from True Magic, and a weapon hailed as a God in itself, and yet they barely survived the encounter. It was one of the rare instances she was allowed to go all out before she secured her contract, and as exciting as such a clash was, she wasn't exactly rushing to enter another battle with creatures so far beyond humanity that there was literally one method used to deal with them.

"I've danced around a female Gaius Julius Caesar and stolen from Prester John once before." When Alexandria still had faithful Assassin by her side, she managed to outmaneuver servants that should have defeated them by right of fame and mystery. She had learned much from that engagement and again through adversity she had grown but such a battle wasn't much compared the other threats she had survived. Servants were frightening existences, things beyond the common magus but again they were not insurmountable. The correct application of concepts could defeat them, from enchantments specifically weaved against spirits to simply denying them the right to exist and allowing Gaia to do her work.

"Maybe removing some of the Apostles, the Black and the White in particular, was more thrilling though as it was that I was still forced to conform to the magecraft of the current era." Apostles, as fearsome as they were, were not so different in the end. They were closer to what was Present but again their existence were lighter and easier to wash away in that regard. They were not forged from the minds and hearts of humanity, thus the strength of humans was not totally nullified against them. They naturally exceeded humanity in some respects, but it was a much simpler matter to call upon miracles against such beings as they too were fundamentally defined. "Maybe Solomon was the closest when he met us in friendly combat, though it was much harder to deal with his Left and Right Legs."

Alexandria stopped to think for a moment.

"I'm not as old as you think I am, Doctor. Power, while it does sometimes follow with age as Mystery does, does not inherently require the basis to be the wielder itself. I'd like you to speak with the Queen like that as see how she deals with you." That was a pleasant image as Alexandria knew that while Lorelei was able to deal with the aincient heads the made up the Clock Tower, she didn't take to kindly to being called old. She would always retort that she was of marriageable age, pointedly ignoring the fact that virtually no one would be daft enough to actually ask for her hand. Well, the boy with Silver Eyes was once a possibility, but she didn't want to think about that. Which reminds her. "If the possible invasion is dealt with and no longer needs our intervention, let us make our way back to your observatory. If Da Vinci is correct in assuming that the Clock Tower truly has been compromised then we might have to call upon Alcatraz and Triten. If this Dimension has not yet been abandoned then he would have offered refuge through the Old Vampire."

Lorelei was alive, Alexandria could feel it in her bones. It was just a matter of finding out where she hid and cashing in on the favors the Queen of the Clock Tower owed her.

BlightGiver BlightGiver

Lucas had regretted his words the moment they came out of his mouth, knowing that he had likely overstepped. Lancer was never known to be calm, or the sort to do anything in half-measures, and so he winced as he waited for the diminutive Servant's oncoming tirade... Only for it to never come. He blinked back at Lancer as she approached him and gave... Well, he supposed they could be considered kind words. She'd obviously understood his words were meant to be an insult, so it couldn't be that she simply misunderstood him.

For a brief moment, the man was filled with shame that burned at his face and in his gut. For his petty attempt at hurting someone to be brushed aside like this wasn't a good feeling, only reinforcing to himself how much he shouldn't be here. "I... It's fine... I'll... think of something later for you to sing. For now, let's just focus on ending this Singularity and getting home."

His moment of shame was ended abruptly, however, as John came smashing into the ground nearby, the impact causing Lucas to jump in place for a moment as he looked over. "Holy shit!" The man cursed aloud as he glanced up towards the sky and then back towards John. To jump from a speeding vehicle was foolhardy, if he was going to try and be polite. He'd much rather use terms such as 'being a fucking idiot', but whatever John was, his landing was not soft, and immediately Lucas rushed over towards him in order to try and heal him. "What the fuck are you trying to do!? You trying to kill yourself there or something!? Fucking hell!"

Syvvaris Syvvaris TelisOldfield TelisOldfield

“You don't think you might have gone a little far back there?” Avenger asked as she approached Saber, jerking a thumb back towards Archer and the others. Saber gave no answer, outright staring at the enemy before them. Avenger let out a sigh before letting the warrior be. Turning back to the others, they seemed rather scattered, almost as if they were distracted. She didn't blame the Masters for this, since there was only so much they could do, and losing any more of them, besides the obvious implications of morality, would weaken their servants. Saber was already drawing on Cheldea's mana reserve, but to have even another Servant pulling from that would leave it almost empty. Speaking of empty, she reached out towards the Root and the Grail again, feeling the tiny sliver of mana it allotted her was still more akin to a few drops then an overflowing cup.

“Everyone. We're starting the new offensive.” Again, years of experience in her past life left her with a commanding voice. She was certain enough of the others would have heard her to pass the word to any who hadn't. She took a few steps back, watching Saber with a stern expression, waiting to see her Noble Phantasm.

Saber held her blade above her head in both hands, feeding mana into it. The air around her began to compress, becoming heavy and stifling, as if it was becoming anathema to life. Excalibur began to emit a queer pitch black light, sheathing the sword in obvious dark energy. The corrupt light sheathing around her sword grew as more mana was fed into it, extending past its natural length and width, appearing almost twice as large as it had been. The blade was devouring the light around its wielder, dimming the light of the natural world around them. The horizon became a

“Overturn the aurora and devour the light. Excalibur Morgan!” As she brought her sword down, the black light sprung forth, twisting and extending in a dark tentacle, stretching towards Assassin's spaceship. The corrupt light broke from Saber's blade, just as it slammed into Assassin's ship. It wasn't as flashy as Archers attack, nor as loud as Lancers, but it was stronger. All the negativity of Arotria Pendragons real life, manifested into one blow, already a powerful variation of Excaliburs own monstrous strength. Where the light struck, a lance of vile energy bent skyward, appearing as a shaft of swirling energy, excess tainted mana rising with the lance in shapes of tiny orbs.

Whatever happened next was up to Assassin. Saber had done her part. For a second, Saber was left stunned, her arms feeling like they were made of stone, before it quickly passed, the excess mana restoring her, as it had always done. Saber waited and watched, to see what Assassin's plan would be.

Angel Sapphire Angel Sapphire MocaPoka MocaPoka TelisOldfield TelisOldfield BlightGiver BlightGiver

Assassin geared her ship, or what was left of it, towards the monstrous disturbance, at more than twice the speed of sound while it was being held back. Inside the ship, red warning lights flared, advising immediate abandon ship, but it was not close enough. She left it at maximum output, and left to go to its rear.

I'll hold you to that, Master. Activating Noble Phantasm!

She summoned the gleaming counterparts to Alter's sword, and used one's energy blast to propel herself towards Dun Stallion, the other to push the ship forward.

"HIMITSU-CALIBUR!!!"

The swords massively increased in output, putting the self-destructing ship at point-blank of the beast. With a split-second to react, she changed the direction of the beams to pilot herself away from the destructive black light that was released from Saber's corrupted Holy Sword. She was not fast enough to veer completely out of the way. Her scream of pain was drowned out by the beam colliding with Dun Stallion, initiating a contained explosion with a greater force output than any nuclear warhead in history, and a blast radius of no less than 5 kilometers.

Assassin struggles to stand, half of her outfit blasted to nothing, but she was unbelievably fine.

"Star of Sabers, such a useful skill."

Last edited:
The point blank impact of Assassin's ship and Saber's own power produced an explosion that could be compared to that of a miniature sized nuke. Smoke billowed into the sky, as the sounds of wet, fleshy mass writhing in pain came from the ground. The anomalous beast was clearly all bark and no bite at this point in time; what had once been a building sized monstrosity, was no reduced to organic rubble. Pieces both connected to, and separated from the central mass, twitched reflexively, trying to put itself back together in a vain attempt. "It's about time something good came about." Da Vinci groaned, falling to the floor to sit for a moment's reprieve. "Now that was a fireworks show I can enjoy." Skorl joked, scratching the back of his head, despite not doing much this whole time.

Surprisingly, the organic body of the beast was very flammable, as the intense heat and flames kept on culling it's regrowing tendrils at an astonishing rate. By now, enough of it was burnt away that the inside of it could be seen; what lay there had the inventor stand straight up again. What was unmistakably a Holy Grail was floating at the foundations of the dying creature; from it's convex interior, dark red matter of sorts churned and bubbled; some going over the sides and congealing into the tendrils that comprised the foe before. Raikou had never seen anything like it before, "How could such a tiny thing keep on producing that stuff?!" She worried, as the flames finally got to the grail's grim, encompassing the chalice completely. A loud hiss of the metal melting, which could only be described as a scream of agony, blared forth loud enough that everyone had to cover their ears. Raikou went ahead and did so for her master, disregarding her own hearing. "Don't worry about me right now; protect yours." Skorl requested, which the Berserker reluctantly complied.

All of the organic matter was now charred away, leaving behind the cracked Grail; one side chipped and broke off, the piece dissipating into thin air. It fell to the ground, without breaking any further, seemingly inert completely. "Just in case!" Skorl shouted, throwing a set of crystals that lined up and formed a protective barrier around the relic, containing it inside. "I'd call this a victory for us." He happily stated, unaware of the infighting that had occurred with Archer and Lucas earlier. Raikou hesitantly walked forward and picked up the crystal barrier, shaking it around as if to check the actual inactivity of the Grail. "Thank goodness that's been taken care of," Da Vinci's voice blared to all of the strike team. "May I have a report of everyone's physical condition?"

Dragonruby Dragonruby TelisOldfield TelisOldfield CatJones CatJones Syvvaris Syvvaris Angel Sapphire Angel Sapphire MocaPoka MocaPoka

Dr Roman nodded as Alexandria led him back to the observatory; "Call upon anyone you want; if they're willing to help, I could definitely use it." He said with short breath, running through his head all of the day's events for the umpteenth time. The three made it back to the observatory just after the Caster requested a health check from everyone in London. Hearing this, Roman rushed ahead of Alexandria and Fou to meet up with Da Vinci. "What?! What's happened!?" He shouted, seeing that everyone was looking better than expected on the screen. "Oh, nothing's wrong right now?" The inventor shrugged her shoulders before explaining. "Well, Clocktower was completely taken over by the anomaly using some kind of constructed creature. They took care of it, no problem though." Roman was relieved and took a nearby seat. "Finally some good news." He sighed, watching the screen intently.

"That's just the start; it was a Grail that caused it." Da Vinci continued, before adding, "Though it's ability to destroy and form into an eldritch monster gives it more of a corrupted inclination." "I retract my statement about good news, then." Roman concluded, wiping his forehead. "Ugh, if all of the other anomalies are like this, we'll be exhausted every day. Doesn't help that we had a little infiltration by a familiar of some kind." Da Vinci was not in the mood for having more unexpected information dropped on her. "What? How could this happen?! *sigh* This is just not our day!" When Alexandria came closer, Roman explained, "Alexandria took care of it completely though, so I think you can relax about that for now." Trying to ease any more mental strain on his friend. "Looks like I was wrong about you, then. Sorry about that." Da Vinci stated, apologizing to Fou's new best friend. "What kind of familiar was it?"

BearBearBear BearBearBear

(sorry for the late post; work is not going easy on me ever since I got promoted this month. if anyone has any questions or criticisms, you can always post them on the OOC here: Fandom - Fate/No Order OOC )

Tokugawa watched in awe as the beast burnt and died. Fire was doing an amazing job keeping the creature from being able to reform itself again, and revealing it's true colors. The center of the creature was a golden cup. A Holy Grail. Avenger found herself with a hand on her chin, staring intently into the inferno, her mind racing down several different possibles of what this meant. Was it possible for the Grail to become corrupted somehow? If so, could that infection spread to Servants?

She broke her thought process, both of her hands slapping herself in the cheeks. She would have plenty of time to focus more on the possibilities, for now she needed to focus on whatever came next. Da Vinci further distanced her from her thoughts, asking for a wellness report. She let out a short sigh before looking over at Saber, who was staring at the remains of the monster as well.

“This is Avenger. A little bruised up, but otherwise, okay. Saber is about the same.” Avenger felt awkward speaking to the air, her first time being summoned and she was talking to the wind like it was normal. Saber turned at the mention of her name, her face still emotionless as ever.

“Ya know, you could at least smile or something. You did just delivered a killing blow.” Avenger wondered why she bothered, Saber turned away from the destruction, making her way back to the others, Avenger following quietly. Saber seemed fixated on the others, particularly Assassin. As if she expected some kind of trouble. Her golden eyes flicked at Archer for moment, before settling back on John. Avenger had to admit that reading some of the others around them was nearly child play, but Saber made it impossible.

BlightGiver BlightGiver MocaPoka MocaPoka Syvvaris Syvvaris Angel Sapphire Angel Sapphire

Ana had not expected the sudden shove, having it send her sprawling to the ground. She got back up, this time a bit slower then before. "We should call it soon, they could be back any minute, and I want to congratulate them." She said to her Servant, bringing her shield up. She did a short spin before the launching her shield at Shielder. The shield shattered on impact, and she ducked under the shards and attempted to shove her to the ground with the power of surprise.

AJustKnight AJustKnight

“Yeah. Sorry about being so aggressive, but I was kind of thinking the same thing. I can't wait to meet them.” She was a little distracted, turning to look for a clock to check the time, and allowing her weapons to disintegrate. She was sure only a few minutes had passed since they started, she was more curious about how long the others had been gone. Ana had a different idea as her shield suddenly catching her in the chest without warning. Shocked and surprised that her Master had stooped to such a low tactic, Ana suddenly appeared in her vision, shoving at her.

Shielder fell to the ground, ass first. She was left in a sitting position, looking up at Ana. For the first time in a while, she face was contorted to complete surprise. What a dirty trick! Shielder laughed hard and loud, rolling on to her chest and clutching her stomach. She wanted to be mad, but the thought of Ana pushing her and falling down like a kindergartner, it was to comical to stay upset.

“Wow. You're really something else! I'm glad someone like you summoned me.” Shielder got up, a wide grin still plastered on her face, cocked with arrogance. “But don't forget this! Next time, I'll make you regret that!”

LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87

Last edited:
Ana had a grin of her own, almost wolfish in nature as she got off of her Servant, pushing her hair from her face. "By any means necessary, right?" She asked, offered a hand to let her Servant rise. "I hope so, I will have a few more tricks up my sleeve in due time. It's been awhile since I'm used my magic for combat." After the Servant rose, she went and pulled her long sleeve back on, once more fixing her hair. She had a sort of care-free radiance to her now, feeling more like her old self as she flexed her hand. "Come on, then! Let's not keep the welcoming committee waiting." She said to her, motioning for her to follow as she left.

Archer
The combined attack of the differing versions of King Arthur left Archer slack jawed as she watched the resulting explosion. After the monstrosity was completely destroyed, in its place floated a Holy Grail, quickly secured by the Master of Berserker in barrier of pretty crystal magic. It seemed that the hunt had ended in the war-party's victory. Archer frowned for a second at the realization she didn't have any trophy to offer Lucas. “Oh right...” she mumbled in sadness. She had forgotten they were “fighting” with each other.

Suddenly the Master of Assassin fell from the sky, impacting the ground with force no normal human could hope to survive. She gasped in horror and rushed over, fearing the death of yet another mortal human in the war-party was to be suffered through. “Master of Assassin! Please speak! Are you hurt!?” She nearly yelled with worry at the kneeling form of the man. She realized she wasn't the only one concerned with the blonde Master, as Lucas rushed over and asked if the man was ok as well... if in a much less cordial manner than her.

“This is Archer I am uninjured, but the Master of Assassin may be hurt!” After answering Madam Da Vinci, Archer offered her (sadly still dust and soot covered) hand to the man. “Please let me help you, I can offer my shoulder if you need it until we return to Chaldea. Or I can carry you? Don't worry I've had to carry injured men before, while running away from Teihiihan in fact hehe! That was back when I was human too!” The young Native woman gave a reassuring smile; hoping the man's pride wouldn't make him refuse her offer of support just because she was a woman.

Dragonruby Dragonruby Syvvaris Syvvaris BlightGiver BlightGiver

Last edited:
John's organs still felt as if they were smushed together when Archer's Master ran towards him. "Ow my knees." John groaned to Lucas and tried to move just a little bit. "What would you do if you... Were on a ship and your servant... Wanted to drive that ship into the enemy without... An escape route for yourself?" He struggled to talk and rolled backwards onto his behind. "The answer is simple... You make one for yourself... And I knew I could survive the fall... I'm fairly durable, like yourself killer." He gave Lucas a pat on the shoulder and chuckled painfully.

The mana in the air vanished in and instant and changed John's mood from being glad that he had survived a couple story falls to one of survival. It did not take a genius to put Saber's mana burst and Assassins flying bomb would make a massive shockwave. "Get down." He said and quickly pulled Lucas into the ground with his arm over Lucas's head. There was a flash of many different colors and a thunderous explosion that reverberated through John. There was a small ringing in his ears when he looked up after the shockwave blew past him and Lucas, and the monstrousity that lay before them was gone. It was an amazing sight of destruction that lay before them. Slabs of meat lay over the small portion of London as if someone had just thrown meat everywhere.

"Wow, my servant did half of that. Oh look, your beaty is coming. You should put a smile on your face for her." John said with his body still aching. He put on the best smile he could when Archer came to his rescue and showed him wanted attention. "Im fine, jongedame. It's only a flesh wound." John held up his busted hand and mixed in a bit of his native language. "It's comforting that a strong and beautiful lady like yourself is so dependable. However, my pride would be tarnished if I let a young woman like yourself help me with such minor injuries." He denied her support lightly, "After all, Assassin might get the wrong idea and I don't want to get in between you two." John jested and looked between the Master and Servant pair in front of him.

"Assassin, that was awesome and are you okay? John asked via their mental link.

MocaPoka MocaPoka Dragonruby Dragonruby Angel Sapphire Angel Sapphire

Assassin walked slowly, limping along the way, avoiding the slabs of meat that littered the floor. She felt a painful exhaustion over her. She took the Prana for her Noble Phantasm from her own stores since her Master had to leave her ship without her assistance. It seems like even with her skill, she still took a considerable amount of damage, and her clothes weren't covered by it. Nothing the Saber of Sabers cannot walk off! If she can walk straight at all...

'Fine, Master. I'm more worried about you. That fall was lethal.'

Assassin limped towards her Master, joining the group with Archer and her Master. She nodded in gratitude to the two.

"Thank you, Archer, and your Master, for looking out for my reckless Partner. Hopefully, he did not try to be his usual womanizing self. He can be more trouble than that monster if he was."

She turned to her Master and forcefully turned his head away from her.

"Master, please refrain from any sexist comments on my scorched outfit. And I want you to cook me plenty of meat, right after you are healed."

Syvvaris Syvvaris MocaPoka MocaPoka Dragonruby Dragonruby

Users who are viewing this thread

Back