• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fate/Mysterious Protagonist

Captain Gabriel

Three Thousand Club
Your eyes open suddenly in a completely black void. You cannot feel your body...or anything else, for that matter. Before you, a sheet of white paper appears. A pen also appears and your hand materializes out of thin air. You grab the pen and look at the sheet of paper.

You see a question. "What are you?"
  1. You are a brave Hero.
  2. You are a smart and promising Magus.
After crossing out your option with the pen, the sheet of paper turns to ash only to be replaced with another sheet of paper. It was a weird question:

"Which event is more recent?"
  1. Hitler's Rise to Power
  2. JFK's Assassination
  3. The Internet was Born
  4. The Twin Towers Fall
  5. Trump rises to power as the president of the United States
As soon as you cross out the answer, this sheet turns to ash and the dust falls down into the bottomless void below you. A new sheet appears before you:

"Would you rather..."
  1. Take a walk.
  2. Write a story.
  3. Take care of a baby.
  4. Hike up a mountain.
  5. Ride a motorbike up a rock-ridden mountain-side
  6. Climb Mount Everest without gear.
As soon as you answer the question, the sheet burns away and your vision goes blank again. You can't feel anything anymore. Until...

~~~

NEW FATE QUEST!
Brought to you by Gabriel Lioner Inc.

Birdsie Birdsie Archdemon Archdemon Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom Hanarei Hanarei HTCOR HTCOR @Koss

I choose:
- 1. You are a brave Hero.
- 1. Hitler's rise to power.
- 1. Take a walk.

Why:
The first choice means we'll probably be a Heroic Spirit, which is better than being a weak human scum.
The second choice is probably the time of summoning. WW2 seems like a better time to be summoned into since magecraft doesn't change much and technology is still a bit weaker. Also, we might have a chance to kill Hitler. I don't know.
The third choice probably represents something that's kept purposefully mysterious. In that case, I don't know what to choose and might as well go with what speaks to me, which is taking a walk.

We are the brave Hero.

And then we have Hitler's Rise to Power.

And finally...take a walk.

Aka, agreeing with Birdsie. I generally enjoy the options given, however!

2. I'm really not sure about this choice as I don't really care.

1. Cause I have a certain love for WW2 like how we advanced so much as a society and as a species because of this. Also cool guns and vehicles.

1.? I don't really have context for this one since I don't know what my choice here will do exactly. So I'm more confused by the lack of context here.

Your essence gets torn to shreds, only to be pulled together once again. Your very core, your essence, your spirit was getting pulled out of the Throne of Heroes and slowly anchored to a physical body. You feel like you're going to have a rather easy time in this Grail War. You are...
  1. A concept of honorable villainy.
  2. The one who seeks salvation.
  3. The beast who has done many honorable deeds to achieve godhood.
  4. A warrior whose blows never miss.
  5. A hero whose ideals abandoned him, but he never let go of them.
  6. A rebel who refused to abide by the government.
  7. A soldier betrayed by the man he pledged his service to.
  8. The hero whose incapability to understand others led him to a solemn death.
  9. A king whose pride was limitless.
And then, at last, you materialize in the real world. You look in front of you and you see...
  1. A middle-aged man in uniform bearing a red armband with a swastika on it.
  2. A rather young woman, cornered by a group of assailants.
  3. A young magus dressed in poor clothing.
  4. A woman with black hair, wearing an armband bearing the Italian flag on it.
Birdsie Birdsie HTCOR HTCOR @Koss Archdemon Archdemon

Okay, let's see. We have...

The Black Knight
Gilles de Rais?
Heracles
Cu Chulainn
Emiya Shirou
Guy Fawkes?
Maximus Decimus Meridius?
Dunno. Maybe Karna? Somber he is.
Gil-kun.

And then, the Masters. There are no defining features that would suggest a pre-existing Canon character is our Master. With that being said, I vote the following choices on both options:

For our character: 5. We get a very good advantage by knowing how history plays out, plus Emiya by himself isn't a bad hero; we get a bunch of Noble Phantasms and Unlimited Blade Works can be powerful if we use it correctly. Note to Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel ; if my vote on Emiya fails miserably and no one agrees, I vote Heracles (3) in case of a tie-breaker because he's very versatile and can be any class we want him to be. As for the last two choices: Karna and Gilgamesh are OP, yes, but Karna eats mana quicker than a fat man in McDonald's drinks a cola and Gilgamesh is too easy to be. Literally.
Our Master: 2. We should help the maiden as there exists a 5% chance it is Rin Tohsaka. I don't want to help some Nazi psychopath or their (to be fair, much more moral and upright,) Italian buddies. The 3rd on another hand suggests he comes from a poor family, which might also suggest poor skill as a magus and therefore an incapability to properly maintain us. 2 is, in my opinion, the best, healthiest choice.

Hmmmmmm....

I've been getting an idea about what exactly I want our character to possibly be. I'm thinking maybe like a warrior of vengeance. Kinda like Damocles from Ryse: Son of Rome. Because it just seems more fun that way.

So my vote goes towards...

7.? Damocles was betrayed by fellow Generals and was mauled to death by barbarians, at least in Ryse. Then he came back as a spirit of vengeance and killed them all and would linger around forever to kill those generals whom they act like those who killed him by abandoning him.

2. If this one leads to Nazi Germany and we appear to say be a Nazi soldier, we could help this woman out! Most soldiers in WW2, at least German ones, weren't the holders of Nazi policy, only those in high power like Hitler, the S.S., Etc...

This is my ideas that I want to go for.

Hmmmmmm....

I've been getting an idea about what exactly I want our character to possibly be. I'm thinking maybe like a warrior of vengeance. Kinda like Damocles from Ryse: Son of Rome. Because it just seems more fun that way.

So my vote goes towards...

7.? Damocles was betrayed by fellow Generals and was mauled to death by barbarians, at least in Ryse. Then he came back as a spirit of vengeance and killed them all and would linger around forever to kill those generals whom they act like those who killed him by abandoning him.

2. If this one leads to Nazi Germany and we appear to say be a Nazi soldier, we could help this woman out! Most soldiers in WW2, at least German ones, weren't the holders of Nazi policy, only those in high power like Hitler, the S.S., Etc...

This is my ideas that I want to go for.
Oh, right, you're new to Fate, right? Let me explain real quick.

We are a Heroic Spirit, in other words, we are a human soul that has become so famous after death that it transformed into a new, transcendent state. Based off of what we accomplished in life and what our legends tell about us, we obtain Skills and Noble Phantasms that let us do some powerful magic bullcrap, and we're powerful in general. IE: King Arthur has Excalibur and it can do magical blasts of energy and shit.

The examples Gabriel stated are pre-existing Heroic Spirits (some of which are Canon and I figured out,) but either way, as a matter of principle, we want to be as strong as possible, but not the strongest in the world, because if we land with a particularly inept summoner, our mana cost will be impossible and we'll likely lose.

In other words, the first choice is what Heroic Spirit we will be. I voted Shirou Emiya (guy in the picture below,) because he can recreate the Noble Phantasms of other Heroic Spirits in a fairly faithful way, while also being more prana efficient than most Servants thanks to his Independent Action skill. If you want to go full-out OP, we should have picked 9, 8, or 3; as those are Gilgamesh, Karna, and Heracles, all three of whom are among the strongest existing Heroic Spirits.

latest

The second choice is our Master, or rather, the person that summoned us to do battle in the annual Holy Grail War (or as us, Fate-fans call it: MURDER-DEATH-KILL,) and it is very important we make the right choice. One inept Master and we've practically lost, but I doubt Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel would apply such cruelty as weak Masters to this quest unless he really went for the "Choices have consequences," path.

Oh, right, you're new to Fate, right? Let me explain real quick.

We are a Heroic Spirit, in other words, we are a human soul that has become so famous after death that it transformed into a new, transcendent state. Based off of what we accomplished in life and what our legends tell about us, we obtain Skills and Noble Phantasms that let us do some powerful magic bullcrap, and we're powerful in general. IE: King Arthur has Excalibur and it can do magical blasts of energy and shit.

The examples Gabriel stated are pre-existing Heroic Spirits (some of which are Canon and I figured out,) but either way, as a matter of principle, we want to be as strong as possible, but not the strongest in the world, because if we land with a particularly inept summoner, our mana cost will be impossible and we'll likely lose.

In other words, the first choice is what Heroic Spirit we will be. I voted Shirou Emiya (guy in the picture below,) because he can recreate the Noble Phantasms of other Heroic Spirits in a fairly faithful way, while also being more prana efficient than most Servants thanks to his Independent Action skill. If you want to go full-out OP, we should have picked 9, 8, or 3; as those are Gilgamesh, Karna, and Heracles, all three of whom are among the strongest existing Heroic Spirits.

latest

The second choice is our Master, or rather, the person that summoned us to do battle in the annual Holy Grail War (or as us, Fate-fans call it: MURDER-DEATH-KILL,) and it is very important we make the right choice. One inept Master and we've practically lost, but I doubt Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel would apply such cruelty as weak Masters to this quest unless he really went for the "Choices have consequences," path.

*Sigh*

So basically I can't do my whole Revenge thing? Is that what I'm getting here?

*Sigh*

So basically I can't do my whole Revenge thing? Is that what I'm getting here?
I mean, pretty sure if you pick Emiya we can avenge the jews. He's a self-proclaimed Hero of Justice. I'm 95% certain that given the chance, Shirou Emiya would kill Hitler.

Hell, 66% Heroic Spirits want to avenge something.

I mean, pretty sure if you pick Emiya we can avenge the jews. He's a self-proclaimed Hero of Justice. I'm 95% certain that given the chance, Shirou Emiya would kill Hitler.

Hell, 66% Heroic Spirits want to avenge something.

I'm uh.... I'm pretty lost right now....

*Sigh*

All I wanted was a total badass who would go around and kill people. Didn't matter who they were whether they were Nazi's or allied except for the fact they did some really fucked up things like using their soldiers as cannon fodder while trying to escape....

I'm uh.... I'm pretty lost right now....

*Sigh*

All I wanted was a total badass who would go around and kill people. Didn't matter who they were whether they were Nazi's or allied except for the fact they did some really fucked up things like using their soldiers as cannon fodder while trying to escape....
Let me explain it once again:

We are playing as a Heroic Spirit. A type of familiar. Heroic Spirits are humans or other beings from the past who achieved great outright legendary (or mythical/historical,) popularity of great significance. Examples of Heroic Spirits would be Hercules, King Arthur, or Billy the Kid. Those are Heroic Spirits. We are one of them. In other words, you are a Hero from a legend in the past (or future, as time isn't a concept when dealing with Heroic Spirits,) that has been summoned to do battle in the Holy Grail War; a ritual to win the Holy Grail, a magical artifact of omnipotent power said to grant any wish.

Let me explain it once again:

We are playing as a Heroic Spirit. A type of familiar. Heroic Spirits are humans or other beings from the past who achieved great outright legendary (or mythical/historical,) popularity of great significance. Examples of Heroic Spirits would be Hercules, King Arthur, or Billy the Kid. Those are Heroic Spirits. We are one of them. In other words, you are a Hero from a legend in the past (or future, as time isn't a concept when dealing with Heroic Spirits,) that has been summoned to do battle in the Holy Grail War; a ritual to win the Holy Grail, a magical artifact of omnipotent power said to grant any wish.

Okay... Now I understand a little.

So can we still be Damocles? Or at least my version of him? Or some type of Revenge Spirit?

Okay... Now I understand a little.

So can we still be Damocles? Or at least my version of him? Or some type of Revenge Spirit?
You'd have to ask Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel . Pretty sure he has a strict roster of Servants planned for this, but he may make an exception. I don't know.

Theoretically, though, yes, Damocles, since he has some fame as a mythological figure, could be a Heroic Spirit.

Don't worry pal.

When in doubt, vote Shirou Emiya.

My vote goes towards whomever becomes like a Heroic Revenge spirit type thingy cause that's all I want to do. So if Emiya is a revenge spirit then yes I'll do my vote for them.

My vote goes towards whomever becomes like a Heroic Revenge spirit type thingy cause that's all I want to do. So if Emiya is a revenge spirit then yes I'll do my vote for them.
Nnnnooot really. The closest thing to a revenge spirit would be Gilles de Rais but he's a serial killer and (probably,) rapist. Other than that, our deck doesn't appear to be fitted for anything similar to an Avenger... Wait.

Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel
You thinking what I'm thinking?

Yeah I think I'm just going to back out of this one. I literally have no idea what's going on and tbh this isn't as interesting as I thought it would be like I thought this was going to be more like we create a cool badass character who does crazy shit. But y'all lost me and I'm just going to go.

Sorry if I wasn't helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back